Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

As an older sibling, watching a parent chill out by the time the baby was the last one home is a mood and part of the reason I like Lonzo so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lavar's wild rear end basketball development ideas also actually worked and produced two good nba players with genius level basketball iq

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

but could he beat michael jordan one-on-one

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

MourningView posted:

lavar's wild rear end basketball development ideas also actually worked and produced two good nba players with genius level basketball iq

Considering lonzos ankles he probably shouldnt have made him run uphill every day but the other stuff seems good

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

Yes as could I

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

no but liangelo would

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

lavar is cool and was actually extremely chill about lamelo

he took him out of high school to make him play professionally in the lithuania league as a 17 year old

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Katana_Warrior posted:

he took him out of high school to make him play professionally in the lithuania league as a 17 year old

Didn't seem to negatively affect him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Katana_Warrior posted:

He came into the NBA as one of the most talented passers alive. He went from being considered a non threat at the rim at 18 to being a wobbledy wiggle bucket man at 19. He went from suspect shot with weird form at 18 to good nba shooter at 19. Whatever is happening in his life seems to have been great for him. Even if you want to give his NBL team credit for exposing him to real basketball to put things together for him, his dad's plan gave him incredible court vision. Lavar was right. He succeeded. Their mom seems to have been a good counterbalance to all the Lavar BS

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

None of them at this point seem to suffer from Marinovich Syndrome so they must have been able to lead a normal enough life. I mean Liangelo technically incited an international incident when he visited China but aside from some poor decision making that any 19 year old might have it wasn’t really his fault

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just want to be clear here are you saying it's not really liangelos fault for trying to shoplift in china?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not his fault that china was not cool about it. They were not chill

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

well he is a professional basketball player so this seems like it was probably more helpful than maintaining his eligibility so he could spend a year at ucla trying to make mick cronin's offense look less like a clogged toilet

Cavauro posted:

it's not his fault that china was not cool about it. They were not chill

yeah the shoplifting was his fault and is bad but not really that big of a deal, it's not his fault that his relatively minor and common offense became a huge international incident and front page news just because he happened to do it in a country we are in a perpetual economic pissing match with.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Katana_Warrior posted:

I mean if I were a super talented computer programmer at age 17 there is nothing stopping me from leaving high school and doing what I'd want to be my career for the rest of my life.

poo poo I know people who bailed on high school at age 16 and went into like AC repair and other trade jobs.

The literal only reason he couldn't leave school and go do what his eventual career would be is because the chosen career industry puts arbitrary restrictions on entry.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

tier list since those are all the rage and since numerical rankings for a draft are stupid when you don’t know who’s picking where

these are just guys i’ve seen mocked in the lottery at least once

sss-tier: cade
s-tier: mobley, suggs
a-tier: kuminga, green, alperen sengun | keon johnson, scottie barnes
b-tier: kai jones, corey kispert, moses moody, ziaire williams
c-tier: every kentucky lottery pick, franz wagner, davion mitchell, josh giddey
d-tier: bouknight, sharife cooper, isiah jackson, that sg from lsu whose name i can’t remember

my word is law

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
bad don't enable the Mitchell dummies

also there are no kentucky lottery picks this year unless people go wild on jackson who is at least actually good

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

meant duke, oops

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

when I picture an "extremely chill" dad, i think of one who lets you and your friends drink in the basement.

I hope a team drafts Mitchell in the lottery trying to go for a cam Johnson style pick without remembering that stretch wings are way better than a Rich Mans Jevon Carter

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Declan MacManus posted:

tier list since those are all the rage and since numerical rankings for a draft are stupid when you don’t know who’s picking where

these are just guys i’ve seen mocked in the lottery at least once

sss-tier: cade
s-tier: mobley, suggs
a-tier: kuminga, green, alperen sengun | keon johnson, scottie barnes
b-tier: kai jones, corey kispert, moses moody, ziaire williams
c-tier: every kentucky lottery pick, franz wagner, davion mitchell, josh giddey
d-tier: bouknight, sharife cooper, isiah jackson, that sg from lsu whose name i can’t remember

my word is law

Cam Thomas

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DC Murderverse posted:

As an older sibling, watching a parent chill out by the time the baby was the last one home is a mood and part of the reason I like Lonzo so much

100%

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

He''s still a eugenicist muppetfart

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Rick posted:

Didn't seem to negatively affect him.

DC Murderverse posted:

None of them at this point seem to suffer from Marinovich Syndrome so they must have been able to lead a normal enough life. I mean Liangelo technically incited an international incident when he visited China but aside from some poor decision making that any 19 year old might have it wasn’t really his fault

it worked out but it definitely wasn't "chill"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
i meant in the lead up to the draft. he was basically invisible for LaMelo's entire time in the NBL and for the whole predraft as opposed to with lonzo when he was on espn every five seconds

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MourningView posted:

i meant in the lead up to the draft. he was basically invisible for LaMelo's entire time in the NBL and for the whole predraft as opposed to with lonzo when he was on espn every five seconds

oh, that's true

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

MourningView posted:

Kenan did his Lavar impression on SNL a few weeks ago for a few minutes (because his Lavar Ball impression is objectively hilarious and it gives the props people something to do, presumably) and it was more time than I’ve spent seeing real Lavar on my TV in the last year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Not this draft but I am hooting and hollering

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/1382019060095934468?s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
You love your skilled stick men.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
His hands are freaky.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

You love your skilled stick men.

He is like a completely different level of skilled but yes.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

who is shouting “do a leg day” outside of my house? i will never do a leg day, cowards

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Shooty Gobert

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I saw a video of that guy dunking, and I gotta say. Dunks go from looking cool to looking grotesque once your limb length passes a certain threshold. irregular bending and all that.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Algund Eenboom posted:

Shooty Gobert

:hai:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

who is shouting “do a leg day” outside of my house? i will never do a leg day, cowards

I know you are kidding but people who see a 16 year old 7'1" guy and go "too skinny" and think that is serious basketball analysis are some of the most useless people talking about any sport

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

yeah it’s extremely silly; almost everyone who’s committed to s&c ends up gaining a ton of muscle because it’s their full time job and they get paid a lot to do it and the team pays a lot of money to make sure that you have a proper diet and workout regimen etc etc

i think it’s just something to say. “he needs to put on a lot of weight before he can handle the nba!” yeah man, so did giannis and kd and it turns out that is a fairly simple problem to fix, unlike bad decision making or lovely free throw shooting

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It seems pretty clear that euro prospects don't get on PEDs as early as American prospects. Just give him a little bit of time, that's all.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I guess we know who the kings are trading up for https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1383080510499479555

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

evan mobley ain’t going #1 unless cade dies

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

bill simmons is adamant that Davion Mitchell should go 6th on his pod today, and while i can't tell if ryan russillo is posturing or being a yesman, but ryan russillo agrees and says that his sources back it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Katana_Warrior posted:

bill simmons is adamant that Davion Mitchell should go 6th on his pod today, and while i can't tell if ryan russillo is posturing or being a yesman, but ryan russillo agrees and says that his sources back it up

Sam Vecenie of the Athletic is pretty high on him.

Sam Vecenie, Athletic draft guy posted:

I don’t think there has been a more improved player across the country this season than Mitchell (...) Baylor’s staff has been universally complimentary of Mitchell for the entire time he’s been there, noting how elite his work ethic is. He just doesn’t stop working to get better. (...) He’s on his way to winning the national Defensive Player of the Year award, a genuinely elite point-of-attack disruptor who will make an impact as a defender in the NBA from Day 1.

He has him at #11 but #6 doesn't sound too bad for a guy who can maybe play NBA defense on day one and who'll take full advantage of a real NBA team's training program