Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

G.O.D. gonna come down the ramp and wreck poo poo, and then I will lose my poo poo.

I would also bust a proverbial nut if it was Tommy End that came out with his tiny tiny wife. Who was then jumped by La Sombra.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dynamite spoilers:

Penta vs. Cody

They go at it quickly as soon as the intros end. Penta controls early with his usual array of high paced, rope related offense. Penta tries to hit something from the top to the outside, but Cody stops him and hits a hurricanrana back into the ring. Cody hits a couple springboard moves and then hits Crossrhodes, but Penta kicks out. Cody eventually steals a win, and a postmatch brawl starts with Death Triangle and The Nightmare Family.

Jade Cargill wins a quick squash.

New Faction Promo

MJF hits the ring with his new crew and Tully is first on the mic. He runs down exactly how all of the Inner Circle members got destroyed last week. He says the group he surrounds himself with is at the pinnacle of the industry. He was with the greatest group in wrestling history years ago, and he plans on retiring as a part of the greatest group in wrestling history today. MJF takes the mic and says that he's Judas now. He says it wasn't easy pretending to like Jericho all that time and makes fun of Jericho's separated pecs. He says he laughed at all of Jericho's jokes and tolerated all the nonsense while he plucked the Inner Circle like feathers. He says his entire plan was to make everyone think he was trying to take over the Inner Circle so that no one would notice that he was putting together his own group. The plan was always to destroy the Inner Circle and replace it with a better group. He christens the group "The Pinnacle" and hypes each member, including calling FTR the only grand slam tag champions in wrestling history and the best tag team in the world. He talks himself up and calls himself a fine wine, saying that it makes everyone at home want to punch through their screens at how good he is. He reminds everyone that he's only 24 and that he's got at least 25 years left in the business. He again reminds us that the group is called The Pinnacle. He says they're going to take all of the gold and ends with a message directly to Jericho - "I'm better than you, and you know it".

Hardy Inc. vs. Jurassic Express and Bear Country

Match goes for about 30 seconds before erupting into chaos, with the faces cleaning house. Marko gets launched from the ring onto the heels outside. Heels take over for a while until Luchasaurus gets a hot tag and kicks them all into oblivion. He hits his combo ending in a standing moonsault, but the heels break up the pin. Another brawl starts and results in Kassidy hitting a monster dropkick from the mat to the top rope. Hardy screams for the tag and gets it. He comes in, dances around for a few seconds glory hogging, and then hits the Twist of Fate for the win.

Good Brothers vs. Kingston and Moxley

Good Brothers attack from behind during the entrances and do work outside. Anderson eventually throws Kingston in and demands the ref ring the bell to start the match. Good Brothers control Kingston and work him over for what seems like an eternity before Moxley eventually gets a hot tag. Moxley roughs up Anderson, forcing Gallows to interfere to break a pin. Moxley sends Gallows outside and hits a suicide dive. Later, Good Brothers take control again and set up Magic Killer on Moxley, but can't hit it. Moxley steals the win with a roll up and the Good Brothers immediately jump on him as soon as it ends. Kenny Omega's music hits and he comes out wielding a chair with Callis at his side. Kenny squares up to a downed Moxley, but Kingston charges into all of them for the save. The heels beat them both down and set up a top rope chair stomp. Anderson hits it and they set it up again with Gallows going up top. Before the big guy can jump, the Young Bucks hit the ring and talk the heels down. Kenny and the Good Brothers throw up the too sweet hand signals, but the Bucks walk away. The distraction of the dissention with the Bucks allows Moxley time to come to, and he clears the ring with the chair.

Sting Interview

Schiavone out for the weekly Sting Interview that doesn't actually include Sting talking. Tony invites Sting and Darby out. Darby mentions that he's only defended the TNT title three times and that it pisses him off. He says he wants to be a fighting champion. He starts to offer an open challenge, but Lance Archer and Jake Roberts cut him off. Archer cuts an Archer promo and Jake says "he's gonna twist it up and stick it up your rear end", whatever that means. I think he might have been talking about the skateboard. At least I hope he was. Taz interrupts, but before he can say much, Cage cuts him off and says that Taz wont speak for him this week. Cage addresses Sting and says he was really impressed by Sting during the street fight. Cage says he respects Sting and that, no matter what Ricky Starks says, Sting is still the icon even without the bat. Taz gets pissed and yells "what the hell are you doing" as they leave.

Rey Fenix wins a filler match with a shoulder carry pile driver.

Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa - Unsanctioned Lights Out Match

I'm not spoiling this match. You have to watch it. Some truly insane spots, including the finish. Britt was nearly unrecognizable at the end of the match. Standing ovation from the audience after the match and even after the cameras stopped rolling.

It's the same source as usual so take it with a grain of salt because they've mixed up Matt Cardona and Billy Gunn, and Darby and Sting before.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 12, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They don't have a crowd for taped shows

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

They don't have a crowd for taped shows

They do have wrestlers ringside like always. I assume that's what that's referring to.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pylons posted:

They do have wrestlers ringside like always. I assume that's what that's referring to.

but they're always standing!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

What do you think this is, the Performance Center? They get chairs!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Wrong company.

(edit: beaten.)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

quote:

[AEW] House Always Wins Results - Spoilers!

Approximate attendance - 1,300 - 1,425

Tony Schiavone and Eddie Kingston on commentary. (Show is being recorded and will be available at some point.)

Butcher wins Battle Royal and will fight Darby for TNT TITLE later tonight

MJF cuts a very hateful promo against the city of Jacksonville

The Pinnacle vs Jurassic Express, Daniels & Martin - Pinnacle Wins (Luchasaurus over af)

Jade vs Reka Tahaka - Jade wins in 3-4 minutes.

Tony Schiavone interviews Britt Baker, Great promo, big reactions.

Cody vs Solow, DUVAL Street Fight - Cody wins with an avalanche reverse suplex through a table. (Brawl goes out into the crowd, when back in ring QT comes out to interfere. Billy Gunn comes out for the Cody save. People are saying this match was incredible.)

Ricky Starks and Colt Cabana join Tony S on commentary.

Best Friends vs Max Caster & TH2 - Best Friends win

Eddie Kingston vs Cezar Banoni - Eddie Kingston wins and cuts a great promo.(duh)

Allie, Nyla, Britt & Reba vs Ryo, Velvet, Shida & Tay - Tay pins Reba for the win.

The Elite (YB, Omega, Nakazawa & Konosuke Takeshita) vs Death Triangle & Sydal Brothers

Konosuke Takeshita came out with The Elite

Death Triangle and Sydal Brothers win! PAC makes Nakazawa tap out.

Kenny cuts a promo saying we don't want to wait, let's do the six man tag right now.

Death triangle run back to the ring and make YB/Omega run away like cowardly heels

Darby Allin vs The Butcher - TNT Title Match - Darby wins.

Hardy Office beatdown Darby, Dark Order saves. Matt cuts promo hyping his TNT Title match on Wednesday

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/mntarx/aew_house_always_wins_results_spoilers/

Wonder if they might air it in place of Dark this week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it was very specifically advertised as a house show but i wouldnt be opposed to it finding its way online somewhere.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

JOHN CENA posted:

it was very specifically advertised as a house show but i wouldnt be opposed to it finding its way online somewhere.

Having Kingston and Tony on commentary would probably indicate it will.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

According to that reddit thread Tony came out at the start to say it was being recorded and would be available somewhere digitally eventually.

There's also a bunch of twitter clips in there.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

It was very specifically advertised as a "non-televised event" which is delightfully ambiguous wording.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I doubt it happens but it would be fun to see it on HBO Max. I'd also probably pay $10-$20 for it on fite.tv though.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Does anyone know if there’s a chance AEW ends up on hbo max? Seems like hbo would want a special event once or twice a year. I’m sure Cody would love to spite wwe and do something to oppose a big 4 event, like back in the 80s. Possibly bring the giant bronze boot his dad kept winning.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The American Dream posted:

Does anyone know if there’s a chance AEW ends up on hbo max? Seems like hbo would want a special event once or twice a year. I’m sure Cody would love to spite wwe and do something to oppose a big 4 event, like back in the 80s. Possibly bring the giant bronze boot his dad kept winning.

Nah

1) WarnerMedia wants to keep their sports stuff on Bleacher Report and that's where AEW has been tied to since the start

2) Tony has said numerous times he won't try to run head-to-head against big WWE events

3) Their PPVs consistently do very well and they probably don't feel like they need to fix what isn't broken

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I could see them slapping it up on BR Live and Fite as a freebie with some post commentary by Excalibur and Taz or The Big Paul.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I could see them slapping it up on BR Live and Fite as a freebie with some post commentary by Excalibur and Taz or The Big Paul.

Tony Schiavone and Eddie Kingston were on the commentary table during the event

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Former WWE star Big Cass (aka CazXL) is set to debut with Impact Wrestling, according to Gary Cassidy of Inside The Ropes.

Impact Rebellion takes place later tonight and it’s possible he could show up as soon as tonight, or on an upcoming episode of Impact.

In February, he made his return to pro wrestling after being away since September of 2019 as he battled depression and entered rehab for alcohol addiction.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I guess he would be the fill-in for Eric Young.

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004
Cass has made some decent strides in confronting his problems and getting his life back together, so I hope things work out for him in Impact.

nZo can still gently caress off though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
AEW Dark Elevation card includes

Powerhouse Hobbs... VERSUS BARON BLACK

Yuka Sakazaki.... VERSUS KYLIN KING

Matt Hardy... VERSUS FUEGO

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MorningMoon posted:

AEW Dark Elevation card includes

Powerhouse Hobbs... VERSUS BARON BLACK

Yuka Sakazaki.... VERSUS KYLIN KING

Matt Hardy... VERSUS FUEGO

That's sad. The winning streak is going to be over.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The Friendlympics MUST CONTINUE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ICR basically said in the discord that King, Baron Black, and Fuego are being brought on the road and they'll see how they do before signing them full time.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

So is there going to be a Dark (DARK CLASSIC, not Elevation) taping as well?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Looks like no? There were like 14 matches taped and were all Dark Elevation.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

So is there going to be a Dark (DARK CLASSIC, not Elevation) taping as well?

Dark will be on a closed set.

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004

Pylons posted:

ICR basically said in the discord that King, Baron Black, and Fuego are being brought on the road and they'll see how they do before signing them full time.

I don't know if it's kosher to ask or not, but is there a link to the discord? I'm somewhat starved for decent wrestling opinions outside of SA.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wheeler Yuta teamed with Chuck and Orange against Private Party and Jora Johl.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

yesssssssssssssss

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

amaranth posted:

I don't know if it's kosher to ask or not, but is there a link to the discord? I'm somewhat starved for decent wrestling opinions outside of SA.

https://discord.gg/PZWBQvRu

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004

ARMBAR A COP posted:

https://discord.gg/PZWBQvRu

much obliged!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here are the full Dark Elevation results from F4W

quote:

Courtesy of Jacob Cohen, the following are spoilers for this Monday's AEW Dark: Elevation, taped Wednesday in Miami, Florida, before and after Dynamite.

Matches:

Thunder Rosa defeated Dreamgirl Ellie
Riho defeated Amber Nova
Matt Hardy defeated Fuego Del Sol
Powerhouse Hobbs defeated Baron Black
Yuka Sakazaki defeated KiLynn King
Leyla Hirsch defeated Kelsey Heather
Gunn Club and Varsity Blonds defeated The Acclaimed and Chaos Project. The Acclaimed then challenged the Blonds to a match because they are ahead of them in the tag team rankings.
Red Velvet defeated Leila Grey
Brian Cage defeated Alan "5" Angels
Scorpio Sky defeated Shawn Dean
Tay Conti defeated ?
Jungle Boy defeated Lee Johnson
Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy and Wheeler Yuta defeated Private Party and Jora Johl
Hikaru Shida defeated Julia Hart
Darby Allin defeated Angelico. After the match, the Hardy Family Office ran out to attack Allin but Christian Cage and Sting came out to run them off. Ethan Page and Sky then came out to stare down Allin and Sting but nothing happened.

Segments:

The Ricky Starks/Team Taz segment that aired in clip format on Dynamite happened.
Before Dynamite, Tony Khan and QT Marshall had some interplay, leading to Khan making Cody Rhodes and Marshall the first match on the show.

Looks like we're getting some of the more popular unsigned talent and lots of signed talent vs signed talent now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

steel drummer boy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dark was taped before dynamite

the blade def. jabroni (didnt catch their name)

thunder rosa def. kilynn king. rosa got a MONSTER pop.

the acclaimed and private party def varsity blonds and 5 & 10

abadon def. a jabroni (didnt get her name)

the bunny def. big swole after interference from diamante

wardlow def. dustin rhodes student

dustin rhodes def. aaronn solow

dark elevation was taped after dynamite. crowd stayed until the jungle boy match then started to peter out. they paused the show to bring people closer to camera side.

mark henry came out to thank the city for selling the arena out and a portion of the gate is being directed to the local boys & girls club.

lance archer def. his own jobber

chuck taylor & orange cassidy def. chaos project

hikaru shida def. masked jabroni

powerhouse hobbs def. lucas chase

jungle boy def. angelico

red velvet def. julia hart

billy & colten gunn def. brock anderson & big shotty

kazarian def. barron black. cutler tried to attack kazarian after but it backfired. doc gallows ran down to save cutler after.

luchasaurus def. fuego del sol. crowd was split but hot here.

dante martin def. shawn dean

tay conti & serena deeb def. vertvixen & jazmin allure

penta el 0M & eddie kingston def. jd drake & cezar bononi. no avalon or nemeth with the wingmen.

afterwards penta and eddie thanked the crowd for coming to the show and sticking it out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says Becky's scheduled to be at MITB

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

STONE COLD 64 posted:

hikaru shida def. masked jabroni

I didn't catch the other jabronis but this one was Dulce Tormenta

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says Becky's scheduled to be at MITB

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1415785198357254145?s=09

Well, maybe not in the match.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Ahahahaha...remember the year that Brock showed up, and despite not being in the match just sorta went "lol, I win!!!" and everyone went along with it because reasons? Never underestimate the ability of the WWE to force Becky into the mix/make her the winner. It makes no sense? That's sorta what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Ahahahaha...remember the year that Brock showed up, and despite not being in the match just sorta went "lol, I win!!!" and everyone went along with it because reasons? Never underestimate the ability of the WWE to force Becky into the mix/make her the winner. It makes no sense? That's sorta what they do.

He technically was in the match. Sami(iirc) was (kayfave) found beaten to hell backstage and couldn't compete in the match, so HHH said someone would replace him. They never announced who and the match just started with the pre announced 7 who were in the match until Lesnar came out. It's dumb but they did at least set up Brock as being "in the match"