Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Dabir posted:

does it let you start a church

Heavy, full, complete, total spoilers for Disco.

Youtube video with a link ending in pHTf8cEcQWk which I am not posting because spoiled links don't work on mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
oh no

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1380012769337040896

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I mean

Fortnite's not a bad game, and if he's making money off of it....

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Fortnite would be good if every time you shot near someone now, they didn't instantly transform into a two story crack shack.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
I've been playing Fortnite for a few days now and it's definitely the worse part. My response when that happens is to not engage and go somewhere else.

I realize it's not really feasible if you reach the end game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I dig the part where Pat says that the building stuff can be kinda ignored during a podcast, then last stream he was building nonstop and kept making structures when it got to 1v1.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hopefully Pat has enough fortitude to stop himself from playing just fortnite and becoming another Ninja

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I sincerely don't get why people play Fortnite when Apex Legends is actually a pretty drat good game and F2P to boot.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dias posted:

I sincerely don't get why people play Fortnite when Apex Legends is actually a pretty drat good game and F2P to boot.

I mean, Pat has beat that drum on the podcast twice now. The lack of a proper solo mode seems like that game would be awful without friends.

Apex is basically the only battle royale i've played because I actually had two friends to drag me along. It's neat, and my gripes are probably mostly just issues with the genre/mode.

But also Fortnite Battle Royale is also F2P. I also understand Fortnite has rocket launchers, and I assume other guns that do more then just shoot bullets? I feel like the only real interesting gun Apex has is that laser sniper.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dias posted:

Because apex isn’t made for solo play.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Basically, Pat doesn't want 3 people beat on his rear end instead of 1 cause plenty of people solo apex

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't think any BR game is made for solo play, Apex just acknowledges it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dias posted:

frankly this is my problem with battle royales

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dias posted:

PUBG?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
hunt: showdown

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
PUBG has solo play, it's not made for solo play. I feel like it's a genre where playing by yourself just leads to a lot of random deaths because you can't check all the routes by yourself or get support when you're ambushed. I mean, it started out as an ARMA mod, right?

Hunt: Showdown I never played, but it doesn't look like a standard BR?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Hunt Showdown is PvEvP.

You go in with the goal of defeating a boss or two and successfully extracting with their bounties. However there are other people (singles, duos, or trios) trying to do the same as well. There are zombies and special zombies littered throughout the map that you also have to deal with.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

theCalamity posted:

Hunt Showdown is PvEvP.

You go in with the goal of defeating a boss or two and successfully extracting with their bounties. However there are other people (singles, duos, or trios) trying to do the same as well. There are zombies and special zombies littered throughout the map that you also have to deal with.

It's kind of a PvP L4D then? It's an interesting concept, but it seems too small-scale to be a BR from what I read. Of course, that's an arbitrary classification to start with, so...

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

That's a shame. We need another good co-op or even solo PvE shooter in that vein. Vermintide 2 is good but the Beastmen will always be busted. L4D is overly-solved. Payday 2 is fine but I've got too many hours in it.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The Vermintide guys are making a 40k version of the game, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The l4D people are making a 1 degree not-copy of L4D

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The "demon turf" bit on the podcast was :discourse:

Woolie: "there's this new game called demon turf"

Pat: "starring jk rowling!"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Plan Z posted:

That's a shame. We need another good co-op or even solo PvE shooter in that vein. Vermintide 2 is good but the Beastmen will always be busted. L4D is overly-solved. Payday 2 is fine but I've got too many hours in it.

Hunt would be incredible if it was purely PvE, instead the PvP mechanic tanks it for my friends and I. You can only get aimbotted across the map by some script kiddie so many times before you just stop giving a poo poo.

Same for Tarkov, really.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
There was also Killing Floor 2 but I got so drained after its disastrous run in Early Access. It got better, but I still hear "JUST LIKE STALINGRAD, FOOLS" and pull my hand away from reinstalling it.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So I watched an episode of Sekiro to see what was up, and wow woolie needs to stop playing games he isn't enjoying, the episode I saw was 75% dead silence and 25% sullen nitpicking. But I'm really curious for anyone who watched a lot of that series- how the gently caress did Woolie internalize the jump as both parry and dodge? Because holy loving poo poo, if he just hit parry every time he jumped he'd beast through every single encounter I saw.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woolie has been playing sekiro for two years

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat finally accepted AoT is fascist

Now, the healing can begin

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's a shame he's wrong then.

Also yeah Sekiro's problem is that he's strung it out an insane amount.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yardbomb posted:

It's a shame he's wrong then.

Also yeah Sekiro's problem is that he's strung it out an insane amount.

He strung it out because he didn't like it and stopped playing it. The real question is why he inexplicably came back to it two years later and still just hates every part of the game that isn't a boss fight. It's not fun to watch him silently grump his way through games and I don't know why he doesn't understand this. He's not saying anything funny or insightful, he's just nitpicking at gameplay elements he refuses to understand and trying to rules lawyer story beats like he's a loving Cinemasins video.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Dude, he's not even talking half the time. The one episode I saw, I swear 50% of it was dead, sullen silence. You know that you're in trouble when frigging Minh is the one who has to read stuff.

Like, he's not even producing bad content anymore, it's just straight-up not content. Never have the Darkside Woolie jokes been more apt.

I also just don't get why he plows forward on content that neither he nor viewers are enjoying, or takes even minimal, trivial steps to address the problems. Like heck, Sekiro: they could've downloaded a completed save file and put together a really tight 3-5 hour long series of videos that was just the boss rush.

...although come to think of it the bosses aren't really content either because returning to point A, there isn't any commentary.

I dunno. Dude's obviously not happy, and I really hope he gets out of the LP/internet guy game before he burns out.

Omi no Kami fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 9, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Omi no Kami posted:

Dude, he's not even talking half the time. The one episode I saw, I swear 50% of it was dead, sullen silence. You know that you're in trouble when frigging Minh is the one who has to read stuff.

Like, he's not even producing bad content anymore, it's just straight-up not content. Never have the Darkside Woolie jokes been more apt.

I also just don't get why he plows forward on content that neither he nor viewers are enjoying, or takes even minimal, trivial steps to address the problems. Like heck, Sekiro: they could've downloaded a completed save file and put together a really tight 3-5 hour long series of videos that was just the boss rush.

...although come to think of it the bosses aren't really content either because returning to point A, there isn't any commentary.

I dunno. Dude's obviously not happy, and I really hope he gets out of the LP/internet guy game before he burns out.

Like I said, just watch any of his other videos: Get Into Fighting Games, the Yakuza playthroughs, everything but Arkham and Sekiro. They're absolutely fine.

He just needs to stop playing games he doesn't like

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie is a stubborn person, he would rather burn out than not finish a game for brand sake.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

The "demon turf" bit on the podcast was :discourse:

Woolie: "there's this new game called demon turf"

Pat: "starring jk rowling!"
I loved how it really took a moment to hit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's kinda interesting how they are fundamentally different in that regard. Woolie refuses most information/spoilers, and will let any media play out, fully experience it even if he hates it. Pat seeks information and will bail on poo poo if he doesn't like it at any point, including pre-consumption.

Honestly, both ways are fine. Woolie's just hurts his own content. Pat's lets him avoid putting up with AoT only be met with (final chapter spoiler) Armin: Thank you, Eren. You became a mass murderer for our sake.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i got burned out by AoT when the super grimdark started. Didn't think it was fascism or any of that poo poo, i'm just done with 'become the baddie to beat the baddies, FACE TO BLOODSHED' poo poo. Kinda glad I bailed early.

Capn Beeb posted:

Hunt would be incredible if it was purely PvE, instead the PvP mechanic tanks it for my friends and I. You can only get aimbotted across the map by some script kiddie so many times before you just stop giving a poo poo.

Same for Tarkov, really.

Just to make it more annoying, Hunt was supposed to be exactly this

Then they changed it at the last minute. I think most BR's happen because devs don't want to make complex scripts for NPC enemies. Just throw a map together and let streamers do free advertising.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 9, 2021

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Crytek Austin wanted it to be like L4D but they got shutdown, so the property went over to Crytek Germany and that's when it became a battle royale. It's a fun, tense game and while I would love another L4D-like game, I'm happy with the bayou royale.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Regarde Aduck posted:

i got burned out by AoT when the super grimdark started. Didn't think it was fascism or any of that poo poo, i'm just done with 'become the baddie to beat the baddies, FACE TO BLOODSHED' poo poo. Kinda glad I bailed early.

I watched the first season. I was really enjoying it until Eren turned into a Titan. I'm a fairweather casual anime watcher, and I was into the idea that AoT didn't have superpowers or transformations or anything like that. People being able to turn into titans kind of hurt what first appealed to me. Also I get bored of the traumatized dark faces and the fact that the idiot soldiers never seem to be able to notice eighty foot giants approaching them through an open field.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pennsylvanian posted:

I watched the first season. I was really enjoying it until Eren turned into a Titan. I'm a fairweather casual anime watcher, and I was into the idea that AoT didn't have superpowers or transformations or anything like that. People being able to turn into titans kind of hurt what first appealed to me. Also I get bored of the traumatized dark faces and the fact that the idiot soldiers never seem to be able to notice eighty foot giants approaching them through an open field.
the thing about titans is they move proportionally as fast as you or I can. it's like if an ant was trying to run away from you, you'd overtake it instantly.

the series has a terrible ending, but if you like the non-titan things, there's some good stuff to be seen for sure.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pennsylvanian posted:

its a mecha show where the mechas are giant naked people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Regarde Aduck posted:

Just to make it more annoying, Hunt was supposed to be exactly this

Then they changed it at the last minute. I think most BR's happen because devs don't want to make complex scripts for NPC enemies. Just throw a map together and let streamers do free advertising.

God dammit. :smith: