Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

skooma512 posted:

Got a Stardew Valley shirt. I thought I would be slick and order the women's sizes for a more flattering fit and a brighter color. It's too short for me though. Now, if I was able to wear pants with a high waist or leggings, this would actually work fine, but I can't, because gender norms :bahgawd:

lol, I'm gonna exchange it. It took like 2 weeks for them to send out this one though. Oh well, should have measured it and me more thoroughly.

Wouldn't a Stardew Valley crop top be on-theme though?

gently caress, a shameful snipe. I already posted my cool thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

djfooboo posted:

Best bet for your first time is to find a willing partner and go halfsies if you don't have a quiverfull-size family. Then you can see how fast it goes down and if you can eat a full cow next year!

I feel like it was a good deal either way. My buddy out in Pittsburgh gets charged about $300 more for what we call a quarter (150-180lb) but they call it a half.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Got a sweet deal online for a Blendtec Classic 575.
Press one button: perfect smoothie.
Press one other button: it cleans itself.
After a lifetime of using exclusively the crappiest blenders this sucker is a revelation.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

We bought new wardrobes

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I feel like it was a good deal either way. My buddy out in Pittsburgh gets charged about $300 more for what we call a quarter (150-180lb) but they call it a half.

How much was the quarter? My quarter bison was a bit pricey at $1400, but bison is more expensive so.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

CleverHans posted:

After a lifetime of using exclusively the crappiest blenders this sucker is a revelation.

We’ve got the Aldi Vitamix knockoff and I completely agree, a good blender is an absolute game changer especially for stuff like smoothies. It’s so stupid good I keep hoping for it to break so I have an excuse to buy the blendtec, but it keeps chooching.

For content, bought some spatter vinyl:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

OniPanda posted:

How much was the quarter? My quarter bison was a bit pricey at $1400, but bison is more expensive so.

We ended up at $869, so $5.79 per pound butchered and packaged.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

OSU_Matthew posted:

We’ve got the Aldi Vitamix knockoff and I completely agree, a good blender is an absolute game changer especially for stuff like smoothies. It’s so stupid good I keep hoping for it to break so I have an excuse to buy the blendtec, but it keeps chooching.

For content, bought some spatter vinyl:

What’s that second LP? The art looks a lot like it’s from Matias Adolfson.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

What’s that second LP? The art looks a lot like it’s from Matias Adolfson.
:aaaaa:
drat that’s a really good catch—the cover art was done by Mattias Adolfsson!

It’s Weezer’s new album, OK Human. A few shops restocked with the spatter so I snagged one since my pre-order was cancelled the first go around :)

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

OSU_Matthew posted:

:aaaaa:
drat that’s a really good catch—the cover art was done by Mattias Adolfsson!

It’s Weezer’s new album, OK Human. A few shops restocked with the spatter so I snagged one since my pre-order was cancelled the first go around :)

Nice! The only reason I could pick it out is because he’s done most of the album art for Dance Gavin Dance over the years so it’s pretty stuck in my head.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

CleverHans posted:

But will it blend? That is the question.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Megabound posted:

We bought new wardrobes

What a beautiful home

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just ordered a new laptop.

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15

15.6" 165hz QHD 2560x1440 display
Ryzen 9 5900HS
GeForce RTX 3070
16GB 3200mhz DDR4 RAM
1TB SSD

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
how many more days till you pull the card out and resell it on ebay?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

App13 posted:

What a beautiful home

Thank you, we've put a lot into getting it just right. Wardrobes we're the last thing on our list so next is going through and touching up all the little stains, spots and chips what come with renovations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Ordered these Audiotechnica M50xBts used from Amazon and played some cash back, so it was under 100 bux for me.

I EQ'd the quirks out of my computer's sound and it sounds pretty good. Also paired it with my fire stick and it actually can control the volume, so that's great for late night tv watching.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I recently purchased this frame, and before that the print inside it. It is a gift for a friend. I hope she likes it, and am sure she will.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

skooma512 posted:

Ordered these Audiotechnica M50xBts used from Amazon and played some cash back, so it was under 100 bux for me.

I EQ'd the quirks out of my computer's sound and it sounds pretty good. Also paired it with my fire stick and it actually can control the volume, so that's great for late night tv watching.

As long as they keep making these headphones I'll keep using them

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Phthisis posted:

I recently purchased this frame, and before that the print inside it. It is a gift for a friend. I hope she likes it, and am sure she will.

OMG--that's beautiful! My BFF has an Iggy and would love this...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

mfcrocker posted:

As long as they keep making these headphones I'll keep using them

Seriously it's what I've always used in my sound booth and I'll use them until the day I die.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Tried to un-kink a decidedly not un-frozen hose the other week and wound up snapping a large puncture right in the center.

So, thought I’d go with a metal hose this year since they’re only 20$ now... figure at that price it’s basically disposable if it sucks.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

OSU_Matthew posted:

Tried to un-kink a decidedly not un-frozen hose the other week and wound up snapping a large puncture right in the center.

So, thought I’d go with a metal hose this year since they’re only 20$ now... figure at that price it’s basically disposable if it sucks.

The only thing I have to say about hoses is that If you spend $40 you can get a goodyear hose. I've had one outside in AZ sun for near a decade. Used the same one for extermination daily too. S tier hose imo.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Imperador do Brasil posted:

We ended up at $869, so $5.79 per pound butchered and packaged.

drat, that's a great price.

Got some done this weekend. My cat is the best and I needed a tattoo of her

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Some new whole bean coffee from a place called Space Cowboy Coffee Co.

Left-right:
Ethiopia Guji Hambela Debaye, Burundi Commune Mutambu, and Brazil Dry Process Amecafe Cooperative.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://sharkrobot.com/products/doomtina

i buy graphic tees alot because cozy t-shirts with dumb poo poo on them even though i am 30. this is the first shirt i ever bought with anykind of newish internet poo poo. the other one i have is an old homestarruner shirt.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Bought $400 worth of window handles and slit vents for the windows in our apartment.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

+cpu cooler and some extra fans and thermal paste

Can't get a new GPU ever again, so I decided to do a core update and keep riding with my old card.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

OniPanda posted:

Heck yeah. Cattoos best tattoos. :hfive:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought 300lbs of bumper plates.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Casu Marzu posted:

Heck yeah. Cattoos best tattoos. :hfive:

My cat is a huge derp and I love her. She makes the best faces

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My grill poo poo the bed so I bought the Lowe's exclusive version of the 36" Blackstone and 4 trillion accessories for it. I will now become a griddle person.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A cheapo drip irrigation system to hopefully make it slightly easier to water my raised beds this summer:

And a new fuel line and filter for a small cultivator :

It was a free side-of-the-road dealie, and far as I can tell the only problem with it was a broken fuel line. Works fine if I spritz a little gas right into the cylinder or carb bowl, just couldn't get more fuel to run more than a couple seconds at a time. Fuel line was basically torn in half right at that black grommet so wasn't immediately apparent.

Once it's working, it will make tilling the beds and integration the compost into them easier.

Hope my vegetables and fruits appreciate all the work I do for them.

Gardening:
Spending hundreds of dollars on equipment, dirt, seeds, etc... to save dozens on produce at the store.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

+cpu cooler and some extra fans and thermal paste

Can't get a new GPU ever again, so I decided to do a core update and keep riding with my old card.

Thats the same memory I ordered for my current build except I got a 32gb kit, and I've never been able to run it over 2133mhz. XMP just results in a crash once I get to Windows if I get that far, same the odd time I've tried to manually set the values. Make sure the exact model number is on your boards QVL

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Went to an old mom and pop used bookstore and was digging through the literature section and found a first edition Slaughterhouse Five with the plastic jacket in good shape so I bought it.

My collection of hard cover Vonnegut grew today :)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

codo27 posted:

Thats the same memory I ordered for my current build except I got a 32gb kit, and I've never been able to run it over 2133mhz. XMP just results in a crash once I get to Windows if I get that far, same the odd time I've tried to manually set the values. Make sure the exact model number is on your boards QVL

oof, ok.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

Went to an old mom and pop used bookstore and was digging through the literature section and found a first edition Slaughterhouse Five with the plastic jacket in good shape so I bought it.

My collection of hard cover Vonnegut grew today :)
jealous! how much did that set you back?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Unfortunately she knew it wasn’t junk like the other books I brought up. I paid 75 for it. It’s just been sitting on a shelf, the pages and spine look like it’s never been opened.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Apr 14, 2021

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

OniPanda posted:

This is absolutely fabulous :3:

DrBouvenstein posted:

Gardening:
Spending hundreds of dollars on equipment, dirt, seeds, etc... to save dozens on produce at the store.

Oof, yeah, this hits hard. Especially when one of the best things to come out of the whole gardening endeavor is the Dandelion Jelly the better half made from the weeds she collected

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Gardening:

Wow. Called out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Oof, yeah, this hits hard. Especially when one of the best things to come out of the whole gardening endeavor is the Dandelion Jelly the better half made from the weeds she collected

Ha, yeah last year I also got into foraging during early lockdown and made dandelion and other floral jellies, picked fiddlehead ferns, and even a wild garlic mustard pesto.