Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'm actually only half-joking. this is fuzzy due to the mists of time but i recall the first two dungeons siege, at least, being a good sort of trash. it was basically a party-based hack and slash, and they were very long, so if you wanted a slower diablo where but you get to manage 4 or 5 characters (and maybe a donkey?) it was an alright time.

no clue how well or more likely poorly they hold up. I vaguely remember 3 trying to be a much more serious RPG that, among other things, labored under the delusion that anyone cared about the story or setting of dungeon siege.

Dungeon Siege 3 is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZExeoT_jZHA

Dungeon Siege 1 has a mod that turns it into Ultima 6, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i also remember enjoying dungeon siege 1 a lot. not so much dungeon siege 2, but then i also liked diablo 1 a lot more than 2 so maybe i’m a weirdo

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, or simply In the Name of the King, is a 2007 action-fantasy film directed by Uwe Boll

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I'm gonna play the MK11 story as a leadup to the new movie.

I have been listening to "Techno Syndrome" a bunch lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"a tournament called... Mortal Kombat..."

Edit: I love everything about the story of how that iconic sample came to be https://slate.com/culture/2021/04/mortal-kombat-movie-theme-immortals-techno-syndrome-interview.html

quote:

Somewhere in, what, Manhattan?

Yeah, we did it in the downtown Wall Street area. We went down there and started getting directions from this guy. And he started placing us in groups and saying, “When I yell ‘Three, two, one,’ you run and you scream and come around the corner.” And then I think at one point there were several people that were pulled out to be in the principal group. I was one of those guys, and the guy said, “Hey, man, when you come around this deal here, everybody’s just going to kind of circle around you, and you yell from the top of your lungs, ‘Mortal Kombat!’ ” And I did that several times. I don’t know how many times we heard “Back to one. Back to one,” which means go back to position one for the resets. And he says, “Hey, come here, come here. I want to ask you a question.” And I’m thinking at that time, like, Oh, yeah, he’s taking an interest in me. He’s probably going to put me on camera. I’m going to get a little bit of face time here. And he says, “I want you to just yell that with all of your might, like you are summoning the darkest demons in your body.” And I did that take, and that’s the one I remember. I think we did it three or four times, but the one that they show was the one that I did the best job on.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 11, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gripweed posted:

Don't be fooled, that's one of the maybe seven songs I know that isn't by Modest Mouse, on the Paul Simon album Graceland, or an anime theme song.

This right here is incredible taste though

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i have seen several of uwe boll’s video game movies and they really are as wretched as everyone says. i kind of want to see his serious holocaust drama out of morbid curiosity

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
In the Name of the King has two straight to DVD and Blu-ray sequels. By Uwe Boll.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Uwe Boll still making movies, I thought that German tax loophole he was using to fund his films was closed up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

StoryTime posted:

In the Name of the King has two straight to DVD and Blu-ray sequels. By Uwe Boll.

They're both isekais where modern day assassins are transported into fantasy town. The second one stars Dolph Lundgren and the third Dominic Purcell.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

man alive 13 sentinels just keeps getting more and more lit and then i back out to the main menu to see that i still have 2/3 of the story left to see. what a game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i’m at the point where there are like seven extremely interesting plot threads to pursue and i’m just sitting here spinning the character select screen around

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Is Evil Dead 3 an isekai?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah it is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow the MK lore is really convoluted, jumping in at 11 is a lot.

Also this is already an over-the-top action movie, I dunno how the real movie is going to go in terms of spectacle

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Things that are isekais:

back to the future 2
a connecticut yankee in king arthur's court
hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy anytime after Arthur Dent finally knowingly met Agrajag
real life when you use information gained outside of a game or through experiences later in a game in order to perform better earlier in a game
50 first dates
any cyoa you cheat through
the musical cats but only the 98 film version
the bible
the entire premise of the world of darkness "Mummy the Cursed" line
ghostbusters 2

e: consortium too

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 11, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wow the MK lore is really convoluted, jumping in at 11 is a lot.

Also this is already an over-the-top action movie, I dunno how the real movie is going to go in terms of spectacle

People buy the MK games for the plot; poo poo is insanely convoluted.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Weedle posted:

i’m at the point where there are like seven extremely interesting plot threads to pursue and i’m just sitting here spinning the character select screen around

:bisonyes: :bisonyes: :bisonyes:

I love reading these posts. My goty no question :D

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Weedle posted:

i also remember enjoying dungeon siege 1 a lot. not so much dungeon siege 2, but then i also liked diablo 1 a lot more than 2 so maybe i’m a weirdo
ds1 had a good skill system + you can buy pack mules

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Randomly started Subnautica this morning after seeing Limmy stream it throughout the week, not normally an open world survival guy but this could hook me

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

:hmmyes:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

why is the PS5 still out of stock 5 months after release/does it even exist

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think I've seen any real life evidence that it exists.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Help Im Alive posted:

You got covid loving the supply lines, making them hard to make.

Then you got covid keeping everyone stuck at home, making them more likely to buy the shiny new thing to wile away the hours with.

The two do not mix well together.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Help Im Alive posted:

I actually dreamt of a PS5 today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okami: the digging minigame is the actual dirtbag worst ugh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

YO HOOOOO yo ho

you have to do it at least twice more lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just did Kaguya's so I'm hoping that was the last one

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that is one of the last, and also worst

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Randomly started Subnautica this morning after seeing Limmy stream it throughout the week, not normally an open world survival guy but this could hook me

Subnautica is great! Didn't get its hooks in me at first , but when it did it quickly became my game if the year

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
2020 upgrades may as well have not have been released. PS5 doesn’t have the supply, hard drive or games library to really drive my interest and I’m stuck with a dated GPU thanks to supply and demand issues. Thankfully I have an immense backlog so I’m not really missing out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I met Queen Himiko, figured that meant I was about to take on the next Big Bad but nope instead there's a whole other hub area to go to instead :v:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yeah Okami never loving ends

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Funny because my issue with okami was it taking too long to start

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Im at the final boss in sekiro and wow it's a tough fight

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Im at the final boss in sekiro and wow it's a tough fight

Rooting for ya fridge!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Rooting for ya fridge!

Cheers mate!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh man I started watching this anime on Netflix called The Way of the Househusband about a Yakuza guy retiring to be a normal husband and it is extremely funny, it's like an entire series based on the normal slice of life side stories in a Yakuza game

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hwurmp posted:

it's "optimal" to wait for rain, but losing out on the day or days you spend in Yukiko's Castle is only a big deal if you're trying for max Social Links

This

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If someone is inside the TV unrescued, your party members will be unavailable for social linking because they'll be too worried about the person. So, the sooner you rescue them, the more time you'll have available to social link with them. There's exceptions to this where on set days they'll say "hey, maybe we should take a break today" and let you hang out with them, but other than that they won't go back to their normal schedule until you finish the dungeon.

... seems to contradict this.

I'm confused. I'm also not looking to 100% the game since that leads to madness and burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Do you have the actual game and cover?

because that game is selling for like 250 dollarydoos

I don't. I do have Radiant Dawn with the case and instructions that I got for like $60 back when having the physical copy was my only option. Now I'm tempted to sell it.