Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
spells and also drugs, ok

e: also we have magic communication devices that we didn't have before for reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

TwoPair posted:

I'm scared for Juggernaut. Side characters only get this many flashbacks when they're moving up to main/more important cast or when they're dead men walking fighting

The last time there was a side character that got a bunch of flashbacks in a couple minutes was Charon right before he notably did not die reflecting a nuke so Fire Force feels like it might be subverting expectations on the reg here.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

On the other hand Juggernaut is in prime position for falling over dead at the start of next episode after a badass move like that.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
For a change of pace from fascist takeovers, here's a villainous popular uprising against a monarchy's heroic enforcer squads.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

For a change of pace from fascist takeovers, here's a villainous popular uprising against a monarchy's heroic enforcer squads.

Black Clover...a change of pace....

Truly things HAVE fallen to the fascists.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"Oh yeah, I have super strength"

This is like Deku remembering he has legs

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Magic Cops being bad people with hosed up morals? It truly must be the work of a Devil!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Jaegerists, Knights of the Purple Haze. DEVIL BELIEVERS

What a great time for bad guy organizations to be named like it's their first draft and it never got changed.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
black clover challenge: don't have the dumbest possible plot twist

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
They're actually playing a Shippuden OP? What mad world are we living in.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

This random Naruto OP is better than Promised Neverlands :psyduck:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh is it time to feel things for the bad guy

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Kabuto's story here is NOT helping Itachi try to help Sasuke get over his whole "revenge against the Leaf" thing he's got going. He's just giving the kid more ammo!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Shame Boy posted:

Why does Juggernaut sound like one of the guys that voiced Freddy in Scooby Doo in the past?

Only one guy ever voiced Freddy.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Credit where it's due, for all the jokes we make a Shippuden (and it does deserve them a lot of the time) that last little section of Kabuto joining Orochimaru and the soundtrack while they were doing the experiments and all? Pretty fuckin legit.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Rhonne posted:

Floch is a piece of poo poo.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Apr 11, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Floch is just such an amazing piece of poo poo.

You know why he does what he does, he's a consistent person with relatable motives, and he's entertaining to watch so you're never disappointed to see him... but man. He's just the worrrsssttt.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Strobe posted:

The last time there was a side character that got a bunch of flashbacks in a couple minutes was Charon right before he notably did not die reflecting a nuke so Fire Force feels like it might be subverting expectations on the reg here.

Oh yeah? Well, what about all the flashbacks we got before the deaths of beloved side characters Jonas, Anton, and shoe guy!?

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 11, 2021

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

American Dad has an episode guest-starring The Weeknd and it was also co-written by The Weeknd himself how do people still not like American Dad?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Only one guy ever voiced Freddy.

Technically two, but that was just for Pup Named.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I. M. Gei posted:

American Dad has an episode guest-starring The Weeknd and it was also co-written by The Weeknd himself how do people still not like American Dad?

Over-correction over Seth McFarlane.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, we're ending Tatami Galaxy this week on Goonami, so I think I should lay down what's happening next.

Next week, we'll be doing Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe. There's only four episodes of this, so it's entirely possible for me to do it in a single night, whether we skip Gundam or start early, or I could make it a two-week event. Up to you.

After Rohan, we'll be venturing back into the Triggerverse with BNA.

You like anime, huh? Why don'tcha try making it yourself? After BNA comes Keep Your Hands off Eizouken.

Then it's time to hail to the king with Godzilla: Singular Point.

E: I could also just double bill Rohan with BNA.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 13, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

After Rohan, we'll be venturing back into the Triggerverse with BNA.

HEY! ARE YOU READY TO GO?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I would've suggested doing a Rohan marathon when Toonami does a marathon, but the next (theoretical) marathon would be Memorial Day and I don't think you want to wait till then.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hm, saving it for a marathon might also be an idea. I'll put up a poll on Saturday and see.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Attack on Titan - What was supposed to be a nice dinner party turns into a trip to the lunatic asylum as everyone ends up at each other's throats. Also, it turns out that Zeke has been covertly poisoning most of the Paradisian military leadership, and boy howdy is Erin gonna have to do a lot of explaining to Armin and Mikasa tonight about this whole "fascist takeover" business.

Food Wars - Wesker officially assumes direct control of the academy by outlawing all the extracurricular clubs and activities, and also ordering the mansion hangout to be razed. Everyone attempting to reverse this bullshit via Mortal Kombat quickly learns that Wesker's cronies have just straight-up paid off the judges. Our only hope now rests on Soma somehow outmaneuvering a corrupt judging panel at one last Kombat match while the rest of the Secondary Protagonist Backup Squad re-creates the Battle of the Alamo at the dormitory.

The Promised Neverland - The actual escape from the orphanage turns out to have maybe been the easy part of all this, because life outside the walls is a lot like if The Most Dangerous Game took place on Isla Nublar. Even being rescued from certain capture by friendly locals isn't reassuring, because the locals in question... are demons too.

Fire Force - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IySXgTv3eU4&t=495s

Black Clover Episode 145: Zack Snyder's Skullcrusher Mountain - Archmage Finden's experiment goes horribly awry, turning him to stone and launching his magic crystals over to the other side of the Mountain.

It has been 16 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Hello

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Does Cheddar not know that March ended like 2 and a half weeks ago?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Thumb is on the nuke button and he's not afraid to press it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Level Seven posted:

Thumb is on the nuke button and he's not afraid to press it.

takes a particularly hosed-up individual to have a hand on the detonator when the only other people in the room are your best friend and a woman you once gave a scarf to

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

am I expected to buy that Gabi saw the error of her ways that easily?

that’s not normally how people indoctrinated since childhood work

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

*preview shows Armin getting his rear end kicked by Eren*

Gee i wonder how this conversation is going to go :effort:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
:biotruths:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

and what the gently caress does that say about YOU, kid

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

"Actually i'm not a fascist, You are Armin. Also Mikasa, your are genetically suppose to be a badass i just turned it on"

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
There's a difference between caring about a person, and respecting them.

A parent can love their child with all their heart, while not respecting they have agency in even the slightest.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eren, this doesn't make any sense. People can't be bred like that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Eren is kind of a piece of poo poo.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Eren, please stop being shittier than Floch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So Mikasa and Eren aren't going to bone?