Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I want Sinovac. No... I.... need it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah don’t laminate it. Put it in one of those snack size plastic bags in case it needs to be written on for boosters etc

Edit: get a fishing license holder

This is a great idea. I was carrying it in my wallet but the top got beat up.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The reason the vaccine cards are so basic is that coming up with more secure fancy ones would have delayed the rollout and they did the thing as fast as possible.
Is it really that basic? The only thing different from vaccine cards I've gotten in the past is it's too big to fit in a wallet slot and the vaccine itself comes with peelie labels to stick to it so there's no errors in transcribing the batch etc.

My vaccine was in my PCPs digital record <3 days after I got it so I can always get a doctor's note so I'm not too worried about the card at this point. Any actual implementation of vaccine-required enforcement is going to be insidiously more classist than carrying your card around because it's not a controlled documents in the slightest. A real vax passport is gonna be some poo poo rear end HIPAA bullshit with a doctor's signature on it, a signature conveniently available from a certifying body for only $200 if you don't have or can't afford a PCP.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Moderna gives you cancer Pfizer just makes you sterile.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got Pfizer.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It has been about 46 hours since I've had the Pfizer vaccine.

I felt a little nauseous the night of after I vaped Gorilla Cookies and ate Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Even though that sounds like a double cookie doozey, I've done that daily for 20 years (not the crinkle part). It was the vaccine.

I'm also a Terminator now? Something something about kill and/or protect Dan Connor.

Oh and I had the sniffles for like an hour.

I feel great now.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 11, 2021

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I am sucked than I was with Covid about 24 hours post shot with a fever chills and feeling like I'm gonna puke.

But I won't stop tugging.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

derpies have the 5g nanobots had a noticeable affect on the quality or quantity of your tugging?

also noting that, like others in this thread, i will get my second jab on 4/20.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Prof. Crocodile posted:

derpies have the 5g nanobots had a noticeable affect on the quality or quantity of your tugging?

also noting that, like others in this thread, i will get my second jab on 4/20.

They are telling me I need to get a surface first before any tugging can commence

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Moderna shot 2 on the 28th. The "oof my arm hurts" crew is a buncha babies, HEH.

Anyways, gonna take like 2 days off because my arm will hurt, probably.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

bird with big dick posted:

Moderna gives you cancer Pfizer just makes you sterile.

Phew awesome.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
got my first Puh-fizer this morning and major props to all the volunteers, that was the smoothest I've seen a huge line of people move. In and out inside of 25 minutes and that includes the 15 minute 'waiting to see if your balls fly off' period. I parked on the wrong side of the mall and instead of driving back around I decided it's a nice day, why not walk. Well that hill that looked like a shortcut was actually very slippery and I took a nice tumble and ended up covered in mud, and i was still pretty cheery waiting my turn. No soreness but the nanobytes are definitely in there, cant wait for 2nd dose and join the 5g network to destroy christmas & the bible

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My chills have finally subsisted and my fever went down to only 99.5, pretty much sweat out the entire thing from my balls really should not have had them put shot two in my tugger.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Tuggers hate this one simple trick!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Booked in for dose #1 on April 25 :c00lbert:

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I'm a Canadian who is getting a shot early because I was on some pretty heavy steroids and that flagged me in the system for an early invitation letter. They call it "extremely clinically vulnerable" which I enjoy because it makes it sound like I am literally about to die at any moment. I get to get my vaccine with the 70+ year olds now! I really liked being able to peruse this thread and read about side effects first, because I do tend to get mild to moderate reactions to vaccines and now I know what to expect. I booked it for this coming Friday so I can have the weekend to sleep off any side effects. Yayyyy Public Transit will cause me far less anxiety now.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Caedus posted:

I'm a Canadian who is getting a shot early because I was on some pretty heavy steroids and that flagged me in the system for an early invitation letter. They call it "extremely clinically vulnerable" which I enjoy because it makes it sound like I am literally about to die at any moment. I get to get my vaccine with the 70+ year olds now! I really liked being able to peruse this thread and read about side effects first, because I do tend to get mild to moderate reactions to vaccines and now I know what to expect. I booked it for this coming Friday so I can have the weekend to sleep off any side effects. Yayyyy Public Transit will cause me far less anxiety now.

I'm in Alberta and my shot's early because I've been to the ER for asthma. No notification about that though, Alberta sign ups are running on the honour system, I guess because so many hicks are gonna refuse to have it that there will be plenty spare.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

My chills have finally subsisted and my fever went down to only 99.5, pretty much sweat out the entire thing from my balls really should not have had them put shot two in my tugger.

When I go for my second dose just gonna pull the tugger out expectantly

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

When I go for my second dose just gonna pull the tugger out expectantly

They'll even put the sticker on it afterwards if you ask nice, really just some great volunteers.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Woke up this morning at around 3am, 12hrs after my second Moderna, with a severe case of the chills and threw up a few times. That resolved itself in a couple hours, I went back to dozing on and off till about noon, and now I'm just really lethargic with an incredibly sore arm. Unpleasant, but nothing unmanageable.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I kind of like fevers with really bad chills cuz I feel like I think and perceive things much more clearly when I feel like I'm dying.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Pfizer Pfriend repfort: She got her 2nd dose and went on a 4 mile hike with her dog. No sympftoms for her on either shot.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Saw a guy vaccinating himself at a bus stop today. I’m really just so glad the majority of us are taking this seriously and doing our part.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Got my second pfizer yesterday, had absolutely no symptoms aside from a sore arm this morning. Went skiing all day, did about 30k vertical feet along with some hiking. Got home, still feeling fine, played some games and watched tv with my wife. After dinner I got chills, feeling achy all over, and then when I went to bed it took me forever to get warm and yet I couldn't sleep.

Making some chicken soup and postin' will hopefully bring me some sleep. If not, whatup xanax + dimetapp :getin:

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Got my first Pfizer/BioNTech roughly 24h ago.
+ 0h I didn't feel the prick itself at all.
+ 1h My arm started hurting.
+ 4h I started to feel a bit sleepy and cold for a few hours but could also have been the weather as it got cold again here. Arm hurting got worse.
+24h Apart from my arm which still hurts quite a bit no symptoms whatsoever.

9/10 so far, would get poked into the arm again.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Got my first Pfizer last Thursday. No side effects.

Its crazy living in a Red/paranoid/anti-vax state. The site I went to has capacity to stick about 500 people a day. They are only having about 200-300 show up, so they are actively having to redistribute the vaccine so it doesn't go to waste. Literally begging people, notifying local papers, etc to get people to come in. Anyone; they don't give a gently caress where you are from. Also, there are about 5 other sites in the region/county, and all of them are only distributing about half the shots they are capable of.

Though the shots are free, they do ask for any insurance as the state can re-coup about 50 cents per shot if folks are insured. But insurance is not required at all.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Big City Drinkin posted:

Saw a guy vaccinating himself at a bus stop today. I’m really just so glad the majority of us are taking this seriously and doing our part.

You should've given him a tug, as a treat and congratulations for being a good citizen

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I demanded all the vaccines be given to me at once.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Got the 2nd Moderna on Saturday; mostly been tired with a vague shadow of a headache here and there. Injection site kinda feels the same way as a bruise and the skin is noticeably warmer than the rest of my arm/shoulder area, but otherwise not really unmanageable or a lot worse than the first shot. I think I also have a bit of a fever, but it's not tripping any warning bells for me right now.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Considering that last night I broke the 4th wall joking with both the studio audience and Daryl [from The Walking Dead] by yelling, "The writers must LOOOOVE ME!" as he slowly kissed his way down my torso while pulling off my clothes I think there is something to the Pfizer vax inducing vivid dreams chatter.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Getting JJ 5g injection on Thursday. Do I get to pick the data provider and can I go pre-paid?

Honestly I wanted one of the other two - but whatever. It's better than none at all.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
Getting my first Moderna shot this week! Someone is trying to schedule a 2hr video interview 90 minutes after my appointment. So from t=1.5 to t= 3.5. Are most people saying the big side effects don’t kick in until 4 hours later, or should I reschedule in case they come on sooner?

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

teardrop posted:

Getting my first Moderna shot this week! Someone is trying to schedule a 2hr video interview 90 minutes after my appointment. So from t=1.5 to t= 3.5. Are most people saying the big side effects don’t kick in until 4 hours later, or should I reschedule in case they come on sooner?

First Moderna shouldn't have any side effects other than sore arm. The second shot is the one that generally knocks people on their rear end.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
J&J vaccine might get halted for use. 6 people developed rare but serious blood clots.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Jebediah posted:

J&J vaccine might get halted for use. 6 people developed rare but serious blood clots.

6 people of about 7,000,000 vaccines administered. That's a blood clot rate exponentially lower than commonly used birth control and even OTC pain meds. It's ridiculous. All 6 were women who were of an age that they could be on birth control, so these may not even be attributed to the vaccine.

These clickbait headlines are going to do so much damage by giving anti-vaxxers more ammunition.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Books On Tape posted:

6 people of about 7,000,000 vaccines administered. That's a blood clot rate exponentially lower than commonly used birth control and even OTC pain meds. It's ridiculous. All 6 were women who were of an age that they could be on birth control, so these may not even be attributed to the vaccine.

These clickbait headlines are going to do so much damage by giving anti-vaxxers more ammunition.

i gave up. people that don't want to take it don't give a poo poo in the first place. not a single one of them has ever acknowledged that its about more then themselves when you consider the people who won't be able to get it for various reasons and will be unprotected..they rely on enough people doing it that covid won't become endemic, but hey, who cares right

ironically everyone throwing this in my face is also taking birth control with a much higher risk rate of clots

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Books On Tape posted:

I got this email this morning, I'm a government worker for senior and disabled services and on the OHA list.

OHA has asked all of the state’s vaccine providers to immediately stop administering the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, per the announcement from the U.S. CDC and FDA this morning. This is out of an abundance of caution as they review six cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot in women ages 18-48 after vaccination with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
OHA will be sending out more detailed communications shortly.

Oregon didn't get a lot of J&J but now they are going to pause administering it. It has been hard enough (Oregon is #1 in antivax nutjobs) but now I have to deal with this too.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
So that's 2 vaccines that can cause clots now

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

0.000085% and it's halted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Those 7000000 vaccines weren't all administered to women between the ages of 18 and 55 :ssh:

Nevermind I guess they were lmao