Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Liquid Communism posted:

Remember too that they try to charge anyone else who hurts or kills a police dog as if it was a human cop.

Scumvermin.

Except when they shoot their own dogs. Which happens shockingly often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And this is a statement that has held up under scrutiny?

:cripes:

Held up under police scrutiny

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Except when they shoot their own dogs. Which happens shockingly often.

Oh of course. Much like it's not domestic violence when an upstanding officer of the law 'vents his frustrations' in such a manner that it leaves long term injuries on his wife and kids. Might ruin his career if they called it that!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Held up under police scrutiny

Yep. He knew full well that they'd be coming to kill him, given both the Portland and Seattle PD are comfy-cosy with white supremacist orgs and he killed a patriot prayer boy in self defense.

Not to mention the rest of that clownshoes operation. No body cams, no car cams, no working comms, specifically cutting out the local sherriff's office whose jurisdiction they were in...

I'm surprised they forgot to have a freshly fired drop gun to plant.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 18, 2022

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Owning a gun, in a country with more firearms than people, is not probable cause.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Owning a gun, in a country with more firearms than people, is not probable cause.

Well, if you're not a cop it is.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Liquid Communism posted:

It is when they want it to be. Them's the breaks!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1381065212506296320

I’m beginning to think that we may have just a teensy little systemic problem with law enforcement! Perhaps this could be resolved by making them pinky swear they won’t put any Black men in cuffs immediately upon arriving on scene in exchange for more cast off MRAPs from the military?

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Why would you shoot through your own windshield in a panicked fashion in an assassination? Why even come within a thousand meters?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

SchnorkIes posted:

Why would you shoot through your own windshield in a panicked fashion in an assassination? Why even come within a thousand meters?

They saw it in call of duty, incompetence, lack of communication, they didn’t actually get everyone in on the plan, etc

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SchnorkIes posted:

Are you really questioning why a cop did a dumb thing?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Cops think they are living through a Lethal Weapon movie, except everyone thinks they are Martin Riggs.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

boop the snoot posted:

Cops think they are living through a Lethal Weapon movie, except everyone thinks they are Martin Riggs.

He didn’t shoot his dog though

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

boop the snoot posted:

Thats because they all act like Mel Gibson

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Speaking of cops doing dumb things:

ABC News posted:

Brooklyn Center Police says police shooting of Daunte Wright was ‘an accidental discharge’ as officer intended to discharge a taser

Brooklyn Center Police Department Chief Tim Gannon called the shooting of a Black man, 20-year-old Daunte Wright, by an officer an “accidental discharge.” During a press conference on Monday he said he believes the officer meant to pull out a taser when Daunte Wright was shot. He added that officers are trained to carry firearm on their dominant side and taser on the other. The officer who shot and killed Daunte Wright at a Minneapolis traffic stop is on administrative leave. Officers had pulled Wright over for a traffic violation. Since the shooting, crowds of protesters have gathered outside the Brooklyn Center Police Department, where officers in riot gear have formed a protective line and released gas irritants in attempts to disperse people, according to journalists at the scene.

You know what they call an accidental discharge that kills someone if you're anyone but a cop? Manslaughter.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1381660471095361537

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 12, 2021

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Private mistakes, officer pay, flag officer consequences

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I know, right?

Not like they teach everyone who ever takes a single course on firearm handling that there's no such thing as an accidental discharge, just negligent ones. Suppose when you're a cop you don't have to worry about jail time when you gently caress up.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
She absolutely should go to jail for manslaughter, negligent homicide, or whatever they charge in that state.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Bored As gently caress posted:

She absolutely should go to jail for manslaughter, negligent homicide, or whatever they charge in that state.

My guess is the only charge will be the cost passed off to the taxpayers in a settlement.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Bored As gently caress posted:

It's absolutely negligent homicide.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1381656710650155013

Go watch the video, she's on camera with her sidearm out the whole time, yelling taser before shooting him. Just 100% purestrain 'this person should never have been allowed to carry a weapon in a professional capacity'.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 18, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I pulled the trigger on purpose but it was an accident because I pulled the wrong trigger

I imagine I came up with the same type of logic when I was a child.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

More like $65k plus another 10 or 20 k in overtime.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 18, 2022

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

US Berder Patrol posted:

Just another day manning the thin blue line protecting Brooklyn Center, MN for an average $46k/ann

fyi, Brooklyn Center PD was budgeted $5,576,849 in FY2020 for 61 FTEs and contractors, for an average of $91,423 per position.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Whoopsie I pulled my real gun cop is the head of the police union in her town loving lmao

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Whoopsie I pulled my real gun cop is the head of the police union in her town loving lmao

Probably just a coinkidink and not indicative of larger systemic issues.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Of loving course she's the head of the union.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/MaraGottfried/status/1382018254550392832?s=19

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Loveland, Colorado cops beat up a 73 year old woman with dementia.

https://www.reporterherald.com/2021/04/14/loveland-police-face-federal-civil-rights-lawsuit-over-arrest-of-73-year-old-woman/

Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deLlROkphCw

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 18, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How the gently caress do you arrest someone for shoplifting at all when they’re loving 73 years old?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 18, 2022

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/theProgSoapbox/status/1382646334600138752?s=19

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They just released the footage of the CPD killing Adam Toledo. The cop yells at him to show him his hands. Adam already tossed the gun and raised his hands to surrender when they gunned him down.

loving cowards.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 18, 2022

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

US Berder Patrol posted:

The suffering and trauma must be unimaginably dreadful. She will probably die much sooner with not of, as the cspammers say, this cop ripping apart all the gristly bits in her shoulders and breaking her loving arm.

As a geriatrics resident, this lady’s partly independent days are over. She won’t be able to give the shoulder enough rest, nor will she understand or be able to explain where the pain that’s making her yell and cry is coming from. Amazing work from the cop that just once again shows that there are no good cops. They’re all roided up cavemen looking for somebody to hurt.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/fingerbIaster/status/1382816328529039361?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

To be fair, if the items had been valued a dollar more at $14.88 they would have saluted her.