Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Somb could have been redirected n1.

Uughhhhh I don’t want to think about night actions but ‘could’?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah who knows. I think we are also probably just buying into IA saying he went nowhere a little too much, looking at his post history and that inconsistency I am thinking he’s the best vote today

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Yes, either me or somb was redirected n1. If it was me, somb investigated you as town. If it was somb, he investigated me as town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah who knows. I think we are also probably just buying into IA saying he went nowhere a little too much, looking at his post history and that inconsistency I am thinking he’s the best vote today

I think it’s Toal today. Their d1 vote is a bus, and they aren’t thinking critically today with the analysis on me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am having a busier weekend than I though so I haven’t had a lot of time to really dig back, but i do think the toal case has merit and I have felt their posting was a bit insincere this game. Haven’t looked at the D1 steak vote timing yet either though.

I will have some time waiting in airport this afternoon though, more to follow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I think it’s Toal today. Their d1 vote is a bus, and they aren’t thinking critically today with the analysis on me.

Yeah not against it, but seeing IA flip some sort of redirecting or bus driving role would be very helpful

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

merk posted:

this is pretty unfair

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah not against it, but seeing IA flip some sort of redirecting or bus driving role would be very helpful

this is so incredibly passive hal. who do you wanna execute first, toal or ia.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

Per Somber's claim for who he copped, Sand and Grandi came up Town but merk tracked somber... to merk. So merk and Grandi are Town.

Isn't it really convenient that all of sombers results were filtered through night actions involving merk's actions and a undiscovered redirecter? To clear merk?

Night action bingo is trusting that there's a redirection that makes everything sensible. Playing town is taking the contradictory claims in thread and solving them by executing people.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

yet, if merk played the game knowing this it would be easy to take advantage of your goodwill and assume merk to be town for making such a preposterous play.

town tracker is too powerful in this setup too tbh, because it confirms the unreliable cop/doctor. scum tracker exists to hunt cop and doc and is logical.

maybe merk found somber cop and tunneled him because he sensed his play would be an easy lunch.

This whole 'this is a sudden and convenient turn for toal to take' is bullshit, because I even brought this up yesterday and was ignored by thread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Isn't it really convenient that all of sombers results were filtered through night actions involving merk's actions and a undiscovered redirecter? To clear merk?

Night action bingo is trusting that there's a redirection that makes everything sensible. Playing town is taking the contradictory claims in thread and solving them by executing people.

So I busdrove my godfather d1 and then setup a Tracker fakeclaim with results that aren’t even correct ten posts into d2?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

if this is how you all feel I'd be most comfortable executing RF or lotus then, in order to assume everyone is telling the truth and there's a third unknown role out there that enables merk, somber, and IA to all be telling the truth.

In future generations, I hope they point to this mistake: 'that play is too bad to be scum' and learn from us...

Toaly: I'm town flx.
Merk: Unprompted tracker claim with conflicting results to IA and Somber's claim.
Somber: Claim at -2 town cop, sandwolf and grandi were targets and town and town are the results.
IA: There is a merk connection here but just as likely town or maf vanilla.
Hal: Strong town read here. This is guy is a lifer. One of a kind. I will not vote out hal!
Lotus: Dunno probably scum if that night action crap confirms merk and sombs as town (it really doesn't)
rf: probably scum in this case but i didn't wanna vote him

anyways I'll vote him because it seems like there's no point in arguing we shouldn't assume that scum have redirections.

##vote rf

EDIT

sorry this is the post, that other one was start of day.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

So I busdrove my godfather d1 and then setup a Tracker fakeclaim with results that aren’t even correct ten posts into d2?

you are scum tracker, it isn't a fake claim in that sense.

yes you would bus the gently caress out of steak if you felt him going down.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I still prefer IA today as our best shot, but don't mind Toal as an alternative since their posting today has been a lot more... I dunno, panic-y? Probably not the best word for it, but it has that kinda feeling to it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

EDIT

sorry this is the post, that other one was start of day.

Donno if I noticed it before or not, but that list leaves out Grandi (fair enough) and Sandwolf, which... is actually kinda odd?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

I voted Steak with my first vote. I explained why. I then came back and analyzed more ending with a continued vote on Steak.

When Voodoo offered a switch to someone else (RF?), I declined saying I think we found scum because no one was defending him or bringing up another candidate.

What rational scum play is that?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

merk was the first vote on Steak, though, and expanded on it a couple times before it even picked up traction. That's not feeling him going down; that'd be intentionally shoving him down an elevator shaft. Do you really think scum would do that on D1 to the Godfather of all people?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

Donno if I noticed it before or not, but that list leaves out Grandi (fair enough) and Sandwolf, which... is actually kinda odd?

this was before I bothered to do all the math and read your post, I assumed sandwolf and grandi were copped town

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

All I'm saying is I think it's utterly possible and the claim seems fake.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

It felt like merk was the one who initiated and kept the steak push going though

Toalpaz posted:

this is so incredibly passive hal. who do you wanna execute first, toal or ia.

That’s not accurate. In both those posts I say I would like to see IA flip

Your recent posting is making me even more fine with you as an alternative though

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Reading it again: that line from Steak is bothering me so much because he uses a poorly thought out meta case that he trumps up with the word 'reeks' to make it sound more impressive.

merk posted:

Why attack a straw man?

merk posted:

It's weird that no one is defending Steak and no one is putting up an alternate candidate. We could be right on him.

Like.... if steak couldn't survive this vicious bussing, he deserved to die...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

You're all overestimating the complexity of the night claims, and the bussing... and you're allowing yourselves to overestimate the amount of bussing merk did vs the amount he's leaned on it for credit very blatently. But its 'merk' so him taking credit and making outlandish claims is fine.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm mostly disturbed that people seem to be unwilling to even consider the fact that toal is town making a bad case, which is something I'd expect town merk to do.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

I'm mostly disturbed that people seem to be unwilling to even consider the fact that toal is town making a bad case, which is something I'd expect town merk to do.

I did and have been trying to get you to understand how bad of a case it is to see if you’d search elsewhere. Instead, you are doubling down at every opportunity and making demonstrably false statements.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##unvote

I'm pretty frustrated, and I swear to god if one of you argues in end of game that I was throwing the game with my stubbornness I'd be even more frustrated because you can't differentiate between effort and white noise.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote IA

I'd rather do IA than me today so.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

I'm pretty frustrated, and I swear to god if one of you argues in end of game that I was throwing the game with my stubbornness I'd be even more frustrated because you can't differentiate between effort and white noise.

You sat out all of d1 and ended with what looks to me like a pretty clear bus. D1 is where my attention is today - you and IA are the two bussiest votes.

If you have a good case to make today to not be where my vote is, I’d like to see it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

You sat out all of d1 and ended with what looks to me like a pretty clear bus. D1 is where my attention is today - you and IA are the two bussiest votes.

If you have a good case to make today to not be where my vote is, I’d like to see it.

eat poo poo merk!!!!!!!!!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalp is town. They are wrong, but town.

##vote IA

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Scum are in Hal, IA, and Lotus. Possibly Sandwolf, but way less likely. I am not voting merk or Toalp for the rest of the game pretty much. I feel pretty good about Sandwolf, but not town lock good.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I can hammer IA.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote IA

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Idle Amalgam!

Votecount for Day 4
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 13th, 2021 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The argument started to get extremely heated, certain people’s night time activities didn’t seem to match what they claimed, one particular culprit was IA.
“Listen buddy, I seen you skulking around last night and now you trying ta tell me I ain’t seen what I seen?”
“I told you I was relaxing at home! Stressful this rat hunting business let me tell ya. You been on the sauce or something?”
“I’ve had enough of this, grab his phone!”
They pinned IA down and searched him, his cell phone was clean, no sign of anything untoward... however a second burner phone was found secreted in a hidden compartment of his shoe. It was full of correspondence with the Feds.
“What’s this we got here?”
“I ain’t never seen that before, I’m telling ya I borrowed these shoes!”
“Oh yeah? Well I got some nice shoes that might fit ya a bit better. Take him away fellas, find this dirty traitorous piece of poo poo some place with a nice sea view. You catch my drift?”

Idle Amalgam, Almerigo Portelli (Snitch-aligned Roleblocker) has been fitted for cement shoes Day 4!

quote:

You are Almerigo Portelli (Snitch-aligned Roleblocker). Once per night you may have one other player picked up and questioned by the cops, blocking them from performing any night actions. You win when Snitches control the vote.

It is now Night 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Idle Amalgam (4): Lotus Aura, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Grandicap, merk
Grandicap (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
merk (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (3): Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 13th, 2021 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Despite their success yesterday their troubles were far from over.
“Listen in guys. They got Elmo, that paranoid fucker has been keeping tabs on god knows how many of us for years so let’s hope he don’t talk yeah? Now, we got work to do, let’s find this rat before we all end up behind bars!”

Merk, Elmo Primiano (Mafia-aligned Tracker) has been sent down Night 4!

quote:

You are Elmo Primiano (Mafia-aligned Tracker). You are extremely paranoid and like to keep tabs on all of your associates. Once per night you may follow one player, informing you of anyone they visit. You win when all threats to Mafia have been eliminated.

It is now Day 5.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Lotus Aura, Sandwolf, Toalpaz

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 14th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Seems like it’s probably Toal then, although Grandi is the only one who looks mostly cleared

Last scum has to be redirector or bus driver though right? I can’t see how merk saw somber visit him otherwise on N1

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think between IA's focus on Grandi to such an extent that he has to be cleared at this point, yeah. Either merk followed IA blocking Grandi or he got redirected to Somber copping Grandi as Town. Either way, someone went to Grandi then in a way that fundamentally clears him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yesterday, I was very inclined to go with Toal as second-most scummy looking. With how they were focused so much on merk, and vice versa, I think merk getting NK'd here is the one kill that dissuades me from considering Toal right now.