Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay back with a Riki Report: seems really good

e:

Dawnbreaker: Strength gain increased from 3.2 to 3.8
Dawnbreaker: Base armor increased by 2
Dawnbreaker: Starbreaker self stun at the end reduced from 0.3 to 0.2
Dawnbreaker: Celestial Hammer Trail burn damage increased from 20 to 20/30/40/50
Dawnbreaker: Luminosity healing from heroes increased from 25/30/35/40% to 30/40/50/60%
Dawnbreaker: Solar Guardian heal per pulse increased from 40/55/70 to 45/70/95
Dawnbreaker: Solar Guardian radius increased from 400 to 500
Dawnbreaker: Solar Guardian stun duration increased from 1.1/1.3/1.5 to 1.5/1.75/2

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://steamcommunity.com/games/dota2/announcements/detail/3086629758338779281

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Okay back with a Riki Report: seems really good

e:

Dawnbreaker: Strength gain increased from 3.2 to 3.8
Dawnbreaker: Base armor increased by 2
Dawnbreaker: Starbreaker self stun at the end reduced from 0.3 to 0.2
Dawnbreaker: Celestial Hammer Trail burn damage increased from 20 to 20/30/40/50
Dawnbreaker: Luminosity healing from heroes increased from 25/30/35/40% to 30/40/50/60%
Dawnbreaker: Solar Guardian heal per pulse increased from 40/55/70 to 45/70/95
Dawnbreaker: Solar Guardian radius increased from 400 to 500
Dawnbreaker: Solar Guardian stun duration increased from 1.1/1.3/1.5 to 1.5/1.75/2

Great stuff except it doesn't really fix her damage issues (other than the .6 strength per level). That crit needs to be 200-220%. Though this seems to scream "put me in the offlane" again so I'm loving annoyed. And I still don't understand why you'd pick her for offlane over Mars, for example. He just does everything she does except much better (sans the global counter-ganking).

Did you play Riki as the 1?

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 11, 2021

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't know how many games worth of data they have so far but her winrate seems to have gone up significantly on Dotabuff.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It’s interesting. I can kinda see where they’re going with her design. She’s a front-liner who’s there in every fight, wailing away and providing a ton of sustain to everyone around her. Her damage is not burst damage, but she can keep the fight going a lot longer. She shouldn’t be too easy to kite, and her heal might make her hard to ignore, and she should be hard to bring down. She’s a team-fighter more than an individual face-wrecker.

I can definitely see why it wouldn’t turn out that way, though, especially in pubs where she isn’t being picked with heroes that complement her and where her teammates are more likely to be doing their own thing. And that does seem like a niche design for a carry when instead you can just wreck face and 1v5. But it’s at least a new-feeling niche.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I think conceptually she'd be interesting with a heavy damage focused 4 like a 4 pugna or even a sniper or something but I also don't think she has a strong enough stun for that to actually work. I'm sure someone will find out a dumb meta offlane duo for her

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

She went from like 38% winrate to 52% winrate after this buff.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ana's back yo - https://twitter.com/OGesports/status/1381185652683853827

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

ChaosReaper posted:

Has there been any news on who OG are picking up to replace Midone that I'm just missing? I'm sure people want Ana but I can't imagine he's actually coming back again.

Oh hey look who was an idiot and really loving wrong.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Anyone else you'd think 'over a year out? No way they will be useful' but Ana will show up to the next Major with a jungling Omniknight butterfly build or something and it will destroy everyone.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I know the trend for a late in development moba is to make a hero that does 20 thing with 4-6 spells but I hope one day they make a new hard pos 1 carry thats just for loving IDIOTS to play. Like he's naix/wk levels of "imma just hit you". I dunno if Pango was supposed to be that but it didn't work out like that. Closest thing to that since dota1 is MK and he's only the closest by noone else being remotely close. I just want a pos 1 hero that wasnt made in like... 2005.

Like literally gimme Marci with 3 passives and a farming move and lemme plow down teams hitting 1 key while drunk.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 11, 2021

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I reckon a hard support hero built around shortening/refreshing allies' abilities would be really funky, but super hard to balance.

Also, more heroes that break the 4 or 5 skills concept. Invoker' is great, albeit a bit complex. Rubick's spell steal mechanic is really awesome.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Blaise330 posted:

I know the trend for a late in development moba is to make a hero that does 20 thing with 4-6 spells but I hope one day they make a new hard pos 1 carry thats just for loving IDIOTS to play. Like he's naix/wk levels of "imma just hit you". I dunno if Pango was supposed to be that but it didn't work out like that. Closest thing to that since dota1 is MK and he's only the closest by noone else being remotely close. I just want a pos 1 hero that wasnt made in like... 2005.

Like literally gimme Marci with 3 passives and a farming move and lemme plow down teams hitting 1 key while drunk.

God yes I might actually play carry if this happened

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Nam Taf posted:

I reckon a hard support hero built around shortening/refreshing allies' abilities would be really funky, but super hard to balance.

Also, more heroes that break the 4 or 5 skills concept. Invoker' is great, albeit a bit complex. Rubick's spell steal mechanic is really awesome.

Or, hear me out, we get a hero named Face Smasher who farms an item or two then smashes everyone's face in

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 11, 2021

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Marci was an uninteresting character and Stupid Simple Carry already exists just play LS or PA or Jugg. :gamefreak:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Just rewatched True Sight 2018 and 2019, man those were just fantastic competitive moments, from OG's comeback at Ti8, all you need to say is Ana's Phantom Lancer or Ceb's Axe and you know what I'm speaking about, even Ti9 it was really touching to see Liquids reaction after losing, really made me feel bad for w33 though.

Man great times, lets go OG #ti10

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Blaise330 posted:

Or, hear me out, we get a hero named Face Smasher who farms an item or two then smashes everyone's face in

As someone who open-palm slam-picks The One True King, you don’t have to convince me. My suggestions weren’t exclusive to a big dumb face smasher carry.

I’m just a bit over the 4-active-ability high-mobility playmaker heroes.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

At this point I don't even care if its a highly complicated 9 ability carry just give me another carry. I got excited at first with this one since it looked like it was a sustain sort of carry based on big crits healing your team in the middle of fights but everyone is running her offlane so that ship appears to have sailed.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

At this point I don't even care if its a highly complicated 9 ability carry just give me another carry. I got excited at first with this one since it looked like it was a sustain sort of carry based on big crits healing your team in the middle of fights but everyone is running her offlane so that ship appears to have sailed.

everyone was running grim as a mid at this point rushing a HOD and then he was a 5 then a 4 then a 3 then a 2 again because of Topson then also a 3 and a then also a 4 and a 5 still. Monkey was a 1 and a 2, then a 4 because his kit was so strong he didnt need farm to kill everyone, then he got changed and became a situational pick, then people figured out his jump is super good for farming and his agh is busted so they started picking him as a 1 again.

stop panicking jesus

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doom armor for losing hp regen is so bad lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Just rewatched True Sight 2018 and 2019, man those were just fantastic competitive moments, from OG's comeback at Ti8, all you need to say is Ana's Phantom Lancer or Ceb's Axe and you know what I'm speaking about, even Ti9 it was really touching to see Liquids reaction after losing, really made me feel bad for w33 though.

Man great times, lets go OG #ti10

Man, TI8 was just so loving good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
LGD should have won ti8. but Ame didnt perform and that 3 second Dopplewalk talent was absurd

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

LGD should have won ti8. but Ame didnt perform and that 3 second Dopplewalk talent was absurd

maybe they should have played better

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It would be cool to get an anti-carry carry. Something that steals auras/buffs or spreads debuffs to whatever you're going face against. Something that can dispell BKB would be lovely.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zurreco posted:

It would be cool to get an anti-carry carry. Something that steals auras/buffs or spreads debuffs to whatever you're going face against. Something that can dispell BKB would be lovely.

I can't believe how few sources of Break there are in the game

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I can't believe how few sources of Break there are in the game

They took out Nyx's recently even.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Snapfire seems to be the big winner of the day in high pubs, Sumail was the first I saw spamming it but now lots of the top NA mids are in on it. Build is Bots, Sange & Kaya, Blink, Agh's Shard, with optional stop-off somewhere for Orchid.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

sugar free jazz posted:

stop panicking jesus

No! The sky is falling!

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

No! The sky is falling!

That's just Dawnbreaker's ult.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Snapfire seems to be the big winner of the day in high pubs, Sumail was the first I saw spamming it but now lots of the top NA mids are in on it. Build is Bots, Sange & Kaya, Blink, Agh's Shard, with optional stop-off somewhere for Orchid.

During the SEA toruneys team Among Us had Abed running Snapfire mid. It was usually in their draft opener and they were able to steamroll most other teams with it.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

This is literally the dumbest take on the planet

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Zurreco posted:

During the SEA toruneys team Among Us had Abed running Snapfire mid. It was usually in their draft opener and they were able to steamroll most other teams with it.

This was first item Aghs but yeah Snap mid is very strong. You scale late you just have to figure out how to make your hero useful earlier.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Nam Taf posted:

ya its called keeper of the light

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

wish there were a simple hard carry with like two passives, big damage, and lots of evasion, something really simple and straight forward where you can just get a 2-3 items and start goin to town plz icefrog!!!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
As an avid real-sports watcher, let me assure you that “team X should’ve won” is both an obviously stupid take that you should feel bad about and something you will find yourself thinking constantly no matter how sophisticated you think you’ve gotten.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Viper's shard seems pretty strong in the right circumstances. If you can keep the enemy team busy while you hit the t4s and ancient you can pretty much melt them in seconds.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Night Stalker shard is extremely good, drat.

Satanic buff is incredible for CK.

Pudge mid might actually be legit now lol, hook CD reduction earlier on is nice and rot is a nightmare for anyone that can't escape

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ursas shard is totally nuts and he's back in the top tier I think. Big safelane carries this patch seem to be Jugg Ursa PL

Also I play Riki safelane, you have a lot of HP regen and decent base damage with a wraith band quelling. I don't go farming items because you'll fall off against pretty much any other lategame carry so I just play to start farming heroes at 12 mins. Build is WraithBand Treads Diffusal and then I used to do SnY but Manta might be better now

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 12, 2021

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I said it before but Luna shard is insanely good. Fires two autoattacks at targets up to 500 away from your lucent beam cast which can be ground targeted at 800 range.

The sweet spot is when they’re 1125 away so they’ll get hit by your 400 damage nuke that stuns for 1.2 seconds AND get thwomped by your 300 damage autoattack which bounces around like fuckin nuts. But even if you just get the 1300 range auto off, it’ll bounce around and gently caress up blink daggers. And it can be used to scout ramps. @_@

Luna is a laning monster, jungle destroyer, powerful teamfighter, and now a very capable poking hero? I‘ve played her maybe 8 games and gone 6-2.

The shard just makes what you want to be doing (threading lucent beams into your autos) even better. It, like, effectively gives you 200 attack speed even if you’re just planning on autoattacking. The shard also reduces lucent beam mana cost by 50(!?!?) and procs on-hit effects so you’ll lifesteal like crazy?? Idk.

It’s so loving good on a hero whose only serious problem was range / kiting. Absurd. And lucent beam is on a 2.5s cooldown????? :pwn: that stuns for 1.2???

DNK fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I played Luna last night after your first post about it and whomped the game, though it is obviously just one game. She seems very good.