Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

It's true, I can't find anything on the theory of gravity or evolution, because it's not Covid!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cleretic posted:

It's true, I can't find anything on the theory of gravity or evolution, because it's not Covid!

This post has been flagged as containing false or misleading information. To get the FACTS about COVID-19, go to--

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Does anyone incredibly skilled in photo manipulation use it for good things?

I used it to photoshop a baby onto scarface which I think is an objectively good thing.

I also did a really good one of a hot dog with the scene from alien where john hurt explodes but I can't find it any more and I'm sad.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Like 95% of the replies are treating this as completely obvious legit and the other 5% are "if you're even a little skeptical that this is real you must be stupid, I read news stories all the time that say the same things!"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://twitter.com/GoldsteinBrooke/status/1380411643591602176?s=20

An Israeli government sign proves Palestinians are the real apartheid government.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Katt posted:

https://twitter.com/GoldsteinBrooke/status/1380411643591602176?s=20

An Israeli government sign proves Palestinians are the real apartheid government.

Gonna need a bigger oof

gently caress me. There are a million people who hate the Jews out of pure anti semitism, and you're gonna go after the ones you force migrated and bombed into being rightfully a little upset at the nation of Israel, huh?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

yeah if you think about it, it's almost as if there's some kind of huge propaganda machine behind it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I don't have a problem with it, I just have a problem with it.

:guillotine:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Like the whole "died with, not of covid" smarm. "It was actually a heart attack that killed him." Yes, caused by the cardiac stress of a pulmonary system absolutely destroyed by covid.

I hate the 'oh they had underlying conditions, they would have died anyway' narrative because I have asthma, I have a life expectancy close to that of a normal person, but if I get covid I die in my forties or live at a drastically reduced capacity for maybe another 10 years.

This is a long way back, so I'm sorry.

But the analogy I use to counter this sort of idiocy is:

There are two men standing together. One, fully healthy, and the other with a broken leg. A hungry lion arrives and starts to chase the men. The healthy man runs away, but the man with a broken leg can't and is eaten by the lion. Did the lion kill him? Yes. Did the broken leg kill him? No. But he did die BECAUSE of the broken leg, and had he been healthy, he would not have been killed by the lion.

Like most analogies, it is subject to bad interpretation, and nit picking arguments from bad faith actors. But it at least provides an argument against those knobs that say "died with covid as opposed to died of covid", insomuch as you can say that the dead person died BECAUSE of covid.

(covid is the broken leg, and the lion is diabetes in this analogy.)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The two sexual orientations, gay, and business entrepreneur.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
One of Sweden’s former PMs made a big ol historical oopsie and uh, it is not going over well with anyone who remembers *squints* history.

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/1380469886007316484?s=20

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

hoping this is some kind of a bit but they seem really committed to it if it is

https://twitter.com/irenerabinowitz/status/1380457174510493697

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

teen witch posted:

One of Sweden’s former PMs made a big ol historical oopsie and uh, it is not going over well with anyone who remembers *squints* history.

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/1380469886007316484?s=20

Huh, one can only wonder as to why Hitler didn't decide to invade, it's not like they had some aversion to fighting. Oh well, guess it will remain a mystery forever, no need to look at this page of history any more

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Skwirl posted:

Does anyone incredibly skilled in photo manipulation use it for good things?

Yes, and it’s just called “photography”.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I almost feel like creepy smile guy downloaded an AI trained to restore old photos, made a business out of it bevause the AI was so good, but it always adds a smile and he doesn't know how to stop it doing that. It was fine when he was just doing old family photos and wedding photos, but he got it into his head that he could do meaningful content, and now he's having to bullshit his way through why the smile is there so that people will think he made it by hand.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I almost feel like creepy smile guy downloaded an AI trained to restore old photos, made a business out of it bevause the AI was so good, but it always adds a smile and he doesn't know how to stop it doing that. It was fine when he was just doing old family photos and wedding photos, but he got it into his head that he could do meaningful content, and now he's having to bullshit his way through why the smile is there so that people will think he made it by hand.

Having to come up with increasingly convoluted reasons for the smiles, then one day it makes a pogrom victim sing Bad Romance and he just quits.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Serperoth posted:

Huh, one can only wonder as to why Hitler didn't decide to invade, it's not like they had some aversion to fighting. Oh well, guess it will remain a mystery forever, no need to look at this page of history any more

I bet all those brave and strong Swedish soldiers sure were intimidating to the German troop convoys the Swedes regularly let transit their country

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Having to come up with increasingly convoluted reasons for the smiles, then one day it makes a pogrom victim sing Bad Romance and he just quits.
"One must imagine the victims of the Khmer Rouge happy."

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Mak0rz posted:

yeah if you think about it, it's almost as if there's some kind of huge propaganda machine behind it

Why are we using the word Palestinian? There's no such thing as a Palestinian person.

Exec Dir of @LawfareProject, Human Rights Attorney, Filmmaker, Author of Lawfare: The War Against FreeSpeech

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Data Graham posted:

This feels very "Pre-titles prologue of a dystopian sci-fi movie"

https://twitter.com/thetzechun/status/1380891491221049354

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
I would like to introduce Finnish Money Man.

That's a lot of money. Guess what he does with it?

He's got tons of infrastructure plans. Buildings, railways, whole new cities.

He does seem more fond of architecture than anything else.

And he's always tweeting out the things he's buying. Towers, mansions, private jets, luxury submarines and floating islands.

I'm sure that roof loves you too, Finnish Money Man. :unsmith:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Read that as "hyperloop artists" at first, and was concerned that there was apparently an entirely new painting style named something like "Contemporary Elonian".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Powered Descent posted:

Read that as "hyperloop artists" at first, and was concerned that there was apparently an entirely new painting style named something like "Contemporary Elonian".

Give it time.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Ben Shapiro can’t catch a break, can he?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Skwirl posted:

I mean, yeah, they did and still do. The invent dumb words instead of using borrowed English words. Look up what they tried to make French people say instead of "e-mail"
That depends on what time frame we're talking about? It wasn't until the 14th century–from the time of the conquest in the 11th, that is–that English became the official language of Parliament and a hundred years later that Henry IV became the first king to speak English as a first language. The Academie Francaise wasn't started until the 17th, but I can't speak to the extent to which it was as concerned with purity of the language or even the promotion of the Langue D'Oil over the dialects of Gascony or the Languedoc, for example–my reading regarding the modern period are much sparser.

Tl; dr this sort of linguistic priggery is very much a product of the era of the nation-state and corresponding secularization of education and subsequent authorship of rules by crusty old dudes who hosed less than the clerks who previously held a near-monopoly on literacy

This concludes my coherent post for the month of April. Now returning to your previously scheduled programming, already in progress

... So you guys think the grinch's dick looks like celery or asparagus?

Ellie Crabcakes has a new favorite as of 17:26 on Apr 11, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Welsh for lift is lifft. Welsh for taxi is tacsi.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Frond-like hemipenes

Regarde Aduck has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Apr 11, 2021

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Strontium posted:

I would like to introduce Finnish Money Man.

Someone put Finnish Money Man in touch with Dahir Insaat, stat.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I really need to get caught up on the deviantart thread

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/coopercooperco/status/1381342676616876033?s=20

:stonk:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

That... that's an understandable situation, but using it to celebrate is... bizarre

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
He thought it was national pest day

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

A friend had to give away their 6 month old kitten because their daughter was allergic. I talked to another friend and they took it in. Now the cat is literally living on a farm, hunting mice and playing with horses.

My friend tells his daughter that which is the 100% truth but when she grows up she's going to think that he had her kitten put down and lied to her the whole time.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is, to me, the exact same genre of post as the articles about how one 25 year old millenial paid off their student loan debts/bought a 4 million dollar house or whatever (it's always because of daddy's money). Every single time you see someone post "I was banned for no reason" or "they don't accept criticism over there" or something something conservative bias, and someone comes out with receipts, it's this. Always. "They just don't like conservatives there" means "I shouted the n-word for forty minutes".

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

So, Harvard Law Prof. Amy Chua, of "tiger mom" fame and also "Telling students to wear short skirts in order to get hired by Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh" fame is involved in a scandal: she invited students to her home when she had agreed not to, because her husband, also a Harvard Law prof, is on two years' suspension for sexual harassment.

Letter from students here:
https://twitter.com/LeahLitman/status/1380947251489607680
Reply:
https://twitter.com/SocialFrond/status/1381371512372948992

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I have developed a skin allergy to my dog's natural skin oils, but I cannot imagine giving him away so my solution is to just have itchy forearms for the foreseeable future.

I cannot imagine giving away a dog, ever, under any circumstances. Even if he was affecting my breathing I'd sooner up my asthma medication than get rid of him.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It seems like it would be very dreary keeping up with mentally-ill teenagers on Twitter.