Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Did the increase the chance of money dropping? I feel like I'm getting more than I used to.
Haven't made much progress on the alternate paths yet. Still working at it.
Also I rediscovered how bullshit Greedier mode is. God I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic baby poop is epic.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I died to one of satan's leeches exploding just as he died lol. Was playing as Bethany and didn't get the unlock. She's a cool character though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Real mature

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Epic baby poop is epic.

This

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I died to one of satan's leeches exploding just as he died lol. Was playing as Bethany and didn't get the unlock. She's a cool character though.

Shes garbage if you get a garbage activayed item (all of them)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

I got the psychic tears one and a battery that charged every time I damaged something. Was pretty good until I got killed by the invisible exploding leech after doing everything correct

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I got the glass cannon with her my first run and beat megasatan easily. Haven't had a run match that yet

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Some bad items have really good wisps. I think my first win was her with Dead Sea Scrolls and I pwned everything. Guppy's Head is also easy mode, you get so many orbitals

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
never forget that the best defense in isaac is stupidly powerful offense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWY3n4j_oLo
3 days of nothing but playing as the lost for this

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ArfJason posted:

never forget that the best defense in isaac is stupidly powerful offense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWY3n4j_oLo
3 days of nothing but playing as the lost for this

legit perfect no-hit without any buffers like book of shadows, nice work

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

She's got a couple good ones. Spin to Win is pretty fun.

Also well done on that lost run, that rules!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i managed to finish a run with herr and the only activated item i saw was d7 which you SHOULD NOT pick up as bethany since the orbiters will activate the d7 effect if they come into contact with anything and port you out of boss rooms. epic!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

man I am SO loving TRASH at this game now dude lmfao. I used to be able to beat the game w/lost any time I wanted.. hell, he even became my favorite character to play due to the free devil deals! even over Judas! but now, I'm dying constantly on lovely rear end early rooms. So shameful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i managed to finish a run with herr and the only activated item i saw was d7 which you SHOULD NOT pick up as bethany since the orbiters will activate the d7 effect if they come into contact with anything and port you out of boss rooms. epic!

The remote detonated tears on her is epic. Though I just died to the lamb this time due to not knowing any of the enemies anymore and getting there with half a heart.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Is this on the switch yet? My yearly urge to play nothing but Isaac for a month and a half is coming up, I can feel it in my bones

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Also my blood, and my poo poo, and my epic AIDS virus

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it on Swinch yet.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Doing that thing where I die, close the window in anger, then immediately boot the game back up.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

man I am SO loving TRASH at this game now dude lmfao. I used to be able to beat the game w/lost any time I wanted.. hell, he even became my favorite character to play due to the free devil deals! even over Judas! but now, I'm dying constantly on lovely rear end early rooms. So shameful

if you're doing the alt path its intended to be much harder than the regular floors and i ate poo poo a lot when i started (I still get sniped in gehenna every now and then)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man I had an insane run going the first time I tried going for the knife pieces...got hosed down to 1 heart heading out of the knife piece 2 area since it's so weird and then died to one of the new bosses on the same floor

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Man I had an insane run going the first time I tried going for the knife pieces...got hosed down to 1 heart heading out of the knife piece 2 area since it's so weird and then died to one of the new bosses on the same floor

Mines thabkfully doesnt have too many rough bosses. I dont like the one that uses spikeballs to attack thabkfully the rest arent anything crazy
Gehenna though has a mask of infamy reskin that was a run ender on my lost playthroughs gently caress that thing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Mines thabkfully doesnt have too many rough bosses. I dont like the one that uses spikeballs to attack thabkfully the rest arent anything crazy
Gehenna though has a mask of infamy reskin that was a run ender on my lost playthroughs gently caress that thing

I don't find Downpour bad at all and if I have a spare key I'll almost always pop in for the extra loot from doing the mirror map in Downpour 2 even if I'm not doing the Mother path. Also if you're playing as Isaac with D6 you can reroll the first knife piece into something useful. but Mines are definitely harder than Cave and Gehenna is a real liability, I never gently caress with those unless I'm going for Mother.

edit: The big mindblowing thing to me, which I don't think was really newly buffed in Repentance but I just never noticed in Afterbirth+, is how good the sacrifice rooms can be if you have a lot of health sources. Using them increases your angel room chance, has pretty good odds of teleporting you to the Angel Room or or giving you items from it, it can give you a ton of coins, etc etc. If I'm playing a red heart character and I have a bunch of spare hearts laying around the map and a sacrifice room I'm always excited to hit it up. And once again if you're playing Isaac with D6 you can reroll the key pieces that the angel bosses drop into useful items.

edit edit: They're also one of a very small number of ways to give you a chance of encountering an angel room on floor 2

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 10, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
With maggies health up pill you can easily get a head start with sac rooms. Ill miss the soeed up tho

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I've always completely ignored sac rooms. Maybe I'll give them a shot now.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Doing that thing where I die, close the window in anger, then immediately boot the game back up.
Glad it's not just me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Curse of Darkness sucks rear end. I tried playing isaac on my tv and could not see poo poo lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Died to Hush's 12 mile long health bar and now I get to go to work pissed off

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
they changed hush and while the slowed down continuum tears are easier, the endgame does delirium style bullshit where he shifts through attacks really fast making it so they can overlap in bad ways and hard to get a shot in when he summons the fifth mob in a row. not a fan

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh and the broken modem is insane good now. it freezes enemies and sometimes erases their shots.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

curses in general seem way more common now. Curse of darkness sucks rear end

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I wanted to unlock the keeper but after 200 coins or so every coin has a 1/5 chance to jam the greed donation box.. what the hell

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ArfJason posted:

they changed hush and while the slowed down continuum tears are easier, the endgame does delirium style bullshit where he shifts through attacks really fast making it so they can overlap in bad ways and hard to get a shot in when he summons the fifth mob in a row. not a fan

a lot of the newer endgame stuff is crap and greedier mode is still unplayable but regular Greed Mode is still sick.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

hush has never been fun

alt keeper is insanely fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a lot of the newer endgame stuff is crap and greedier mode is still unplayable but regular Greed Mode is still sick.

The mother fight barring two things is very good and dogma is cool, but its telling that none of them have the armor hush or ultra greed do.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Brasseye posted:

I wanted to unlock the keeper but after 200 coins or so every coin has a 1/5 chance to jam the greed donation box.. what the hell

The jam percentage in greedier is so small its alnost nonexistant but youd have to play greedier mode. Also each character has tgeir own jam percent, rotate chars!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Greed Mode and Shop donation machines are the only things I cheated on PC. Did that on Switch and don't want to do that ever again, lol (even though I feel like jam % is down from the original release) -- if anyone else wants to do it through cheatengine it's super easy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Got the coveted ludovico + brimstone + gnawed leaf combo. Got the first Delirium kill of my new file. Even with the nigh unbeatable combo Delirium is such a poo poo boss. His behavior is so erratic it's hard to tell what's a glitch and what's not.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The concept and all the different sprites and the way it cycles through the specific bosses you fought during your run are all so cool but yeah that fight sucks poo poo lol. Even when I handily win it doesn't feel good, it's way too unfocused. The Void kind of sucks too, I like all the false boss rooms but it would be neat to have a real floor

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i think i'm just not used to the new enemies or their patterns yet since whenever i go the "traditional" route i never have much problems. but trying to get those key pieces pwns my brown/taint area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think i'm just not used to the new enemies or their patterns yet since whenever i go the "traditional" route i never have much problems. but trying to get those key pieces pwns my brown/taint area

I get absolutely destroyed any time I go in large rooms on the alternative path, I'm just focusing on other unlocks I missed from Afterbirth+ for now...