Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Reminded me of this: (:nms: for pixelated gore)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGJXsgB65A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Rotten Red Rod posted:

uh

ok

that was sudden

Is this an edit? That last panel is absolutely ridiculous, its incredible, jesus christ lmao

This looks like those laser memes from 2009

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!!!!!

I 'love' her bust busting up a few cup sizes in the last panel. Never change, Mookie, never change.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Why did none of this crazy poo poo with the lady come up in the

... okay I remember seeing them sleeping once, so I guess less than two days she's been with Snout okay nevermind.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
What's the opposite of storytelling? Is there a word for it?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Boy oh boy does Mombie speak to my general feelings re. this comic in that last panel.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

wait wait wait where is sunflowerman's stem coming from if not his neck

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

HazCat posted:

Corpsedaughterwife carrying on with the adult toddler act, this time doing a rendition of 'refuses to keep her clothes on in front of guests'.

And then immediately going up two cup sizes because she's in danger, which is definitely not a sex thing.

It's like how animals puff up when they're threatened.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Need to puke, better squeeze the twins together for comfort.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Need to puke, better squeeze the twins together for comfort.

In the same way pee is stored in the balls, puke is stored in the boobs.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Why does she keep forgetting how shirts work

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Samovar posted:

In the same way pee is stored in the balls, puke is stored in the boobs.
If so they should've gotten smaller in the last panel.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mors Rattus posted:

Why does she keep forgetting how shirts work

Don't be so

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

After puzzling it out for a bit, I THINK what's going on is that the necromantic vines (ugh) in her are reacting with the flower dude, because whatever he is is probably, like, the opposite of, uh, plant necromancy. Which MIGHT be an interesting idea if given more time to explore, but as ever, Mookie has an idea so it must be on the page NOW NOW NOW or he risks getting bored of it and dropping it for whatever other idea most recently entered his head.

And this is the result. Mookie is the most impatient storyteller. I'd say it's like a story told by a hyperactive 5 year old, except Axe Cop already exists and is good.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
What a terrible update. In addition to the theories already posted, I think sunflower is drawing the red vines out of corpsewife like John Coffey sucking ailments out of sick people in the form of black flies and after this, her brain damage will be completely healed and she will act normally and speak coherent english.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

If he (they?) is doing it purpose, why the gently caress would he do it the second she enters the room?

Also confirmed, both of these people have just been standing there passively while Snout gets manhandled (mongrelhandled?) by Count Jockula.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Why does Mookie talk about an act of kindness with this page? What is happening? Why is she naked again?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I'm assuming the act of kindness is plantman giving her his cape, because Mookie forgot that she already was given clothes.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Also, wait. Are we, in fact, still in Arudak’s house, or did she somehow wander into the public library while naked?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Still at the house. Mommy and Daddy must have fallen asleep after being up all night caring for a fussy Baby, and Baby took off all her clothes and wandered into the foyer, like toddlers often do

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Why are all these people in Arudak’s house

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Billy Gnosis posted:

Why does Mookie talk about an act of kindness with this page? What is happening? Why is she naked again?

Because nudity is mature. This is a mature story

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

This page has an amazingly wide array of panels that are each terrible but in different ways. I'm fond of the bizarre eyeball-rolling, boob-swelling evil vomit, but there's really something here in every irregular square.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

YF-23 posted:

wait wait wait where is sunflowerman's stem coming from if not his neck

Mookie has no idea what stems are for, it's the sunflower's ponytail. It's not connected to anything.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Dialogue Snout can't hear:

"Madam! Cover your shoulders!"

"I say! Madam, control your vomiting!"

Also, the pages worth of off-panel dialogue from Thelonious Marsh that has gone completely ignored.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

What's the opposite of storytelling? Is there a word for it?
"Dominic Deegan".

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HazCat posted:

And then immediately going up two cup sizes because she's in danger, which is definitely not a sex thing.

I like how that old joke about Mookie's inability to keep characters on model has managed to still be relevant after all these years.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I like how that old joke about Mookie's inability to keep characters on model has managed to still be relevant after all these years.

That assumes he even has a model sheet and isn't just drawing on the fly.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

super sweet best pal posted:

For someone who is gradually sliding into making a sprite comic using the 7 basic poses of a family guy character, it's incredible how often Mookie manages to draw his single digit main cast off-model.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also confirmed, both of these people have just been standing there passively while Snout gets manhandled (mongrelhandled?) by Count Jockula.

Mookie may not write Snout being pelted by stones as people insult his disability like he did with Greg, but the way he writes about Snout being some poor widdle softboy who gets manhandled a lot is really telling that Mookie's way of thinking is still pretty ableist.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Disregarding the inflating tits for a moment,

Considering that casual nudity seems to be A Thing for Arduak and the Ink Witch, it's weird that his friends are alarmed/weirded out to see a topless woman wandering in his house. Likewise, Snout has no problem showing off his hog, so it seems weird that he's concerned that Corpsemomwife is wandering around naked/that people are seeing her naked.

...and then, the action is so poorly conveyed. It look me multiple reads to realize the plant man was taking off his cloak to give to her.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

As a side note, changing the image names to read ahead in the week no longer seems to work, just like last week. Either Mookie stopped having a buffer or he set the images to upload later, so no more previewing the comic, I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Mookie has no idea what stems are for, it's the sunflower's ponytail. It's not connected to anything.

Its connected to his rear end

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

That would be horrifying, but I'd at least have to respect it as a strong character design choice.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
This is the inspiration behind sunflower man's anatomy

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its connected to his rear end

Much as I wish this was the case, it's not.

Other choices I would respect: if the flower people were Blemmyes who 'picked' heads for themselves out of a garden to help them fit in with humanoid society. It's Mookie so this clearly won't be what's going on, but a bunch of shrub-like plant people who cultivate and pick giant flowers to be their 'faces' would be an interesting twist.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 13, 2021

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well that threat certainly didn't last long!

As a side note, it's amusing how sometimes when Mookie reuses linework (ONE panel later) he forgets to shade parts of it that he had previously shaded.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait without the vines shouldn't she just be a lifeless corpse?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

you'll find out when Snout does :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm the copy-pasted corpse-lady in all the left-hand panels.