Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Inspector Hound posted:

Make sure you feel safe and comfortable, have a couple things planned, even if it's just "watch this movie," have a drink and some food ready in an easy spot to get to, maybe make sure your most pressing real world responsibilities are handled. Suggested music: Spyro Gyra - Catching the Sun

e I also really liked the movies 2001: A Space Odyssey and Quest for Fire (Clan of the Cave Bear isn't as good, just rewatch Quest for Fire). YouTube also has a whole grip of recordings of Terence Mckenna lectures set against spacey music and visuals, those really did it for me for a while. Go one bowl at a time, and examine what you're feeling. Cannabis isn't really a party drug, even though parties usually include some.

Someone who was in A Quest for Fire was a substitute teacher in my middle school and high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

bagmonkey posted:

Should I get the kind of expensive one or the more expensive one?

Hm. Make it rain?

Obv what ever fits your budget, I don't know your life

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

skooma512 posted:

Someone who was in A Quest for Fire was a substitute teacher in my middle school and high school

They are loving awesome

vv congratulations! vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 10, 2021

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Finally saw a doc and sent in for my med card! :krad: It's for my glaucoma--seriously. :kiddo:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ZuluDashOne posted:

Hm. Make it rain?

Obv what ever fits your budget, I don't know your life

So I got Vader from Viola, Iran Contra from Lemonati Family Farms and Gary Peyton from Cookies/Gage. They all look and smell wonderful. Also picked up 4 Stiiizy pods which means I have yet another proprietary battery, but they are supposed to be really high quality.

Also, broke my T break last night and immediately regretted it. I took two hits off my new bong of my neighbors outdoor Northern Lights grow and thought that shouldn't be a big deal! Nope, holy gently caress, anxiety spiraled and felt like garbage. It was a combination of my tolerance being 100% reset and my body still recovering from a colitis infection. I'll probably try again later this week and go a helluva lot lighter.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah, but, like, northern lights tho

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

bagmonkey posted:

So I got Vader from Viola, Iran Contra from Lemonati Family Farms and Gary Peyton from Cookies/Gage. They all look and smell wonderful. Also picked up 4 Stiiizy pods which means I have yet another proprietary battery, but they are supposed to be really high quality.

Also, broke my T break last night and immediately regretted it. I took two hits off my new bong of my neighbors outdoor Northern Lights grow and thought that shouldn't be a big deal! Nope, holy gently caress, anxiety spiraled and felt like garbage. It was a combination of my tolerance being 100% reset and my body still recovering from a colitis infection. I'll probably try again later this week and go a helluva lot lighter.

Sorry bout the lovely return from T break. I've been out for a few months now. Want to drive up to CO to restock but I'm getting married in July so can't really rationalize doing that when money needs to be put towards that. I guess the nice thing is my tolerance will 100000% be back to 0 by the time I do get around to restocking and hopefully I'll have more cash put aside for the next trip so I can come back with even more than I did last time.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

yeah, but, like, northern lights tho

It's been fuckin' YEARS since I had Northern Lights and I forgot that poo poo hits like a god drat truck. That, plus my heart rate had been all hosed up yesterday, probably due to antibiotics. 110% my fault, I should know better as Someone Who's A Stoner. I'll give it another go with different poo poo later this week.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah your first smoke back from a nice t-break probably should not be a bong unless youre trying to head to outer space

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

yeah your first smoke back from a nice t-break probably should not be a bong unless youre trying to head to outer space

Old habits die hard my friend, and that bong was singing me sweet tunes of going for a cosmic journey

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Wait, you don't want to go space?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Resuming T break because I'm getting vac in two days and also looking for a job this month.
I want to smoke so bad already

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
gently caress it smoking one

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gonna give it another week or two before trying a t break again, i'm sober enough to realize i'm insanely stressed right now, gonna vape some weed and watch some absolute trash tv

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Legalize it, imo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Oh Don Piano posted:

Legalize it, imo

Please, CBD oil just doesn't cut it anymore.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

Old habits die hard my friend, and that bong was singing me sweet tunes of going for a cosmic journey

i could never pass up the opportunity to smoke northern lights

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont really think Girl Scout Cookies is that good, but im buying off the darknet because everything on the street around me in Aus is real lovely weed.

I have had a few strains that look like rec state buds with heaps of trichomes on em but this GSC smells like all the other poo poo around me that gets pumped full of PGRs and tastes lovely.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Laserface posted:

I dont really think Girl Scout Cookies is that good, but im buying off the darknet because everything on the street around me in Aus is real lovely weed.

Actual, factual Girl Scout Cookies is my absolute favorite strain so I hope you are proven wrong, mister <:mad:>

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
UK Cheese strains are supposed to have lactic acid in them

My experience growing one was that the shatter I made out of it tasted like Dim Sum but then my buddy in Seattle got some UK Cheese dispensary shatter and he also said that tasted like Dim Sum

:shrug:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zil posted:

Please, CBD oil just doesn't cut it anymore.

Man I hope that's a joke...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gsc is a really great strain what you got sounds like not gsc

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've had "GSC" and I've had actual GSC, it's one of those strains like Sour Diesel or Gorilla Glue where you're best off buying from a super legit source if that's what you actually want

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Man I hope that's a joke...

I guess I should have said I want something a bit more relaxing than what they sell in CBD oil shops. Plus a little extra fun that THC allows for.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I hardly even pay attention to strains, just to the details of the cannabinoids and terpenes that are inside. All the different factors in the growing process make the most difference, I believe. So two products that are exactly the same strain, verified, can be so different that thinking about the strain hardly even makes sense.

bagmonkey posted:

You should've taken, like, half of one hit after that long away. Especially out of a bong. I smoke regularly and two hits of a bong can still get my blasted.

The days of my youth when I could hit a bong all day long and hardly be effected are over.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

You should've taken, like, half of one hit after that long away. Especially out of a bong. I smoke regularly and two hits of a bong can still get my blasted.

The days of my youth when I could hit a bong all day long and hardly be effected are over.

That plus the side effects of the antibiotics really hosed me up. I survived though and learned my dumbass lesson I didn't need to. I'll probably be trying again with a single puff off one of the new carts I got, ease my way back into things. I'm the type who completely misjudges their tolerance after a break though and should've seen that comes from a mile away. But my new bong is so gorgeous and was tempting me, so here I sit, in shame.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bagmonkey posted:

That plus the side effects of the antibiotics really hosed me up. I survived though and learned my dumbass lesson I didn't need to. I'll probably be trying again with a single puff off one of the new carts I got, ease my way back into things. I'm the type who completely misjudges their tolerance after a break though and should've seen that comes from a mile away. But my new bong is so gorgeous and was tempting me, so here I sit, in shame.

Just make it a small puff, a full pull from a cart will gently caress you up equally bad :)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm starting to realise that maybe any time I smoke and get paranoid, it's a sign that I smoked too much. I am now using two scoops (using the scoop that came with my fury edge vape) and vaping at like 370 and most of my issues are gone. Before that I was tweezing in a bunch or using 3+ scoops.

Last week I had a couple of really unproductive days at work and decided to smoke some 'non-anxiety' weed I have (I mean, that has never made me anxious before) in the evening, and it did NOT make me less anxious. So I suppose mindset and also 'don't smoke too much' are factors too. And I still feel good/high after two scoops which results in like, a 1/3rd or 1/2 full fury edge, rather than just packing the entire thing.

Sometimes I dial it up to 400 once the vape has timed out, and take two more hits. Doesn't seem to hurt.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

Just make it a small puff, a full pull from a cart will gently caress you up equally bad :)

I am going to be mimicking my friends who are Brand New Baby Stoners and doing the tiniest little puff I can. I'm really glad I've spent time helping people learn to get high because now I have to do that to myself all over again. I was thinking either the cartridge or loading up my dugout/one hitter and taking a single hit off that. Whatever it is, it's gotta be baby steps.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

for everyone talking about taking a t break: have you considered just smoking more?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

not smoking weed for an entire day seems unnecessarily puritanical

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hell Yeah posted:

for everyone talking about taking a t break: have you considered just smoking more?

Yes, and I died and went to weed hell but not like the 1950s weed hell more like a purgatory where smoking more weed didn't do anything for me. It was a hell I do not wish upon anyone

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Smoking fatter and fatter dabs until I become a giant human dab was also not appealing, I'd rather spend my money on bike parts and other dumb poo poo

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

people only take tolerance breaks because they hate themselves

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Look, if I could just grow the weed myself it wouldn't be a problem. Jeez do you think this stuff grows on trees?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hell Yeah posted:

people only take tolerance breaks because they hate themselves

You have obviously never met me sir, thank you for you're concern though

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
In my experience mindset and environment are such a huge part of it. If you are dwelling on something negative when you start getting high in my experience it ends up just making things worse. I find making an effort to go in with a good mindset, having some quiet, repetitive music on in the background, and big mug of black (or herbal for bedtime) tea gives me the most consistently pleasant trips.

I find frequent shorter breaks of a day or two can help as well. I'm definitely an obsessive, and weed can sometimes exacerbate this tendency. If nothing else it can prevent me from going too far down a rabbit hole of negative thoughts without the chance to reassess.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone tried weed for vaccine #2 symptoms?
Edit: I mean, side effects

redreader fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 13, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
weed is good for any situation. it is the daily driver of drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Do alcohol tinctures or cannabutter/oil retain the traits of whatever strain was used to make them, or do they just turn into generic sativa/indica/hybrid (however useful those distinctions are)?