Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ratjaculation posted:

Radiography appointment tomorrow. Will they find a brain this time?

I hope things go well for you, ratjack. i will send good vibes if needed, but you'll have to give me a few hours to charge my vibe crystal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I hope things go well for you, ratjack. i will send good vibes if needed, but you'll have to give me a few hours to charge my vibe crystal.

just call it a hitachi wand like a normal person

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

When I was five years old I tried to impress my older sister's friend who was visiting our house by lifting an entire cardboard box of matchbox toy cars above my head and I dropped it and she laughed at me.

I think that moment set the stage for my entire life.

I'm disliking myself extra hard today for some reason. It's only 11 AM, but I think I'm going to drink.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i need some kind of Asian Food today. i can't decide between general tso style or some kind of noodle stirfry place :thunk:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Beef chow fun(dry not wet). Or singapore style curry noodles.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm going to try my hand at making Kung Pao chicken tomorrow.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its Sunday. Is sunday good or bad by association due to being next to Monday (the worst day)

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'm going to try my hand at making Kung Pao chicken tomorrow.

It's pretty easy if you can source the ingredients

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
cookin lasagna

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

When I was five years old I tried to impress my older sister's friend who was visiting our house by lifting an entire cardboard box of matchbox toy cars above my head and I dropped it and she laughed at me.

I think that moment set the stage for my entire life.

I'm disliking myself extra hard today for some reason. It's only 11 AM, but I think I'm going to drink.

hey, you!

I hope your day gets better

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I've let some bananas get all patchy and weird. Was going to make banana bread, but I'm out of eggs.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
I can’t remember it raining more than a handful of days, wonder where the hell on earth ca wildfires will be this year

https://www.ecowatch.com/california-drought-forecast-2021-2650926928.html

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

its_my_birthday posted:

I can’t remember it raining more than a handful of days, wonder where the hell on earth ca wildfires will be this year

https://www.ecowatch.com/california-drought-forecast-2021-2650926928.html

At least I have a lot of n95 masks at the ready

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
reinvent car brake lights to be broken up into 5 separate sections, they can be made bigger to compensate, and lightly touching the brake pedal only lights up one section where as jamming the pedal down would light up all 5 and then everything else in between

thanks for your consideration

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sir this isn't a general motors drive through

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Revins posted:

hey, you!

I hope your day gets better

:respek:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its Sunday. Is sunday good or bad by association due to being next to Monday (the worst day)

It’s great when you’re on vacation this week like me :cool:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

sir this isn't a general motors drive through

I like seeing you every day

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
I’m going to write the next great American novel about this girl who lives in Alaska right and inherits a ton of money from a dead relative or something and then hires an Uber driver cause she needs to go to the bank or something. But like the Uber driver is kind of a fellow lost soul and he’s a boy. And in the car she’s like instead of the bank let’s go to this destination that’s farther from the bank and anyway long story short they do that a lot and end up driving the pan American highway from Alaska to Argentina. Thanks don’t steal my idea.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

its_my_birthday posted:

I’m going to write the next great American novel about this girl who lives in Alaska right and inherits a ton of money from a dead relative or something and then hires an Uber driver cause she needs to go to the bank or something. But like the Uber driver is kind of a fellow lost soul and he’s a boy. And in the car she’s like instead of the bank let’s go to this destination that’s farther from the bank and anyway long story short they do that a lot and end up driving the pan American highway from Alaska to Argentina. Thanks don’t steal my idea.

You can't drive from Panama into Colombia anymore.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
Darn

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not 100% certain because there's gotta be some border towns, but there's no roads running between the two according to google maps which might just be wrong.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean, we did steal what is now Panama from Colombia, so they have every right to be upset and to sever ties with their stolen land.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I just slept for way too long because my anxiety was getting really bad earlier and I woke up with tlo roll call stuck in my head

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not 100% certain because there's gotta be some border towns, but there's no roads running between the two according to google maps which might just be wrong.

That's the Darien Gap - it's a mountainous nature reserve with both a fun selection of tropical diseases and locals who don't want to be disturbed.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

my name is baby phillipe and you're in for a surprise 'cause when I'm laying pipe lasers come out of my eyes

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

its_my_birthday posted:

reinvent car brake lights to be broken up into 5 separate sections, they can be made bigger to compensate, and lightly touching the brake pedal only lights up one section where as jamming the pedal down would light up all 5 and then everything else in between

I like this idea a lot

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

its_my_birthday posted:

Most modern cars already automatically turn on the hazards during heavy braking so I don't think your idea has much merit tbh.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

NASCAR but if drivers do well they earn points that unlock a NoS boost and if they pit maneuver other cars off the track they get a big NoS boost

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

its_my_birthday posted:

very excited to replace my brake lights 5 times as often

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

PinheadSlim posted:

NASCAR but if drivers do well they earn points that unlock a NoS boost and if they pit maneuver other cars off the track they get a big NoS boost

Didn't one of the Formulas (E, maybe) try a thing where the viewers could vote to let you have extra boost?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Computer viking posted:

That's the Darien Gap - it's a mountainous nature reserve with both a fun selection of tropical diseases and locals who don't want to be disturbed.

Thank you! I didn't know the details, and now I do.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I’ve always wanted to go to the Darien gap. Feels like there are very few places left in the world that are truly out of bounds and also not literal warzones. Obviously I’d be taking a guide.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I have always wondered why Garfield hates Mondays when every day is pretty much the same for him, but Davis had the answer. "Garfield does not have a job, Garfield does not go to school and every day is the same. Nevertheless every Monday is just a reminder that his life is the same old, same old cycling again and for some reason even though his life is pretty much the same every day on Mondays specifically, awful things tend to happen to him physically."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have always wondered why Garfield hates Mondays when every day is pretty much the same for him, but Davis had the answer. "Garfield does not have a job, Garfield does not go to school and every day is the same. Nevertheless every Monday is just a reminder that his life is the same old, same old cycling again and for some reason even though his life is pretty much the same every day on Mondays specifically, awful things tend to happen to him physically."

*pauses momentarily to consider my disheveled self and tries to laugh it off because I DO have a pretty nice dick, I mean it can't be THAT bad*

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I always thought it was an allegory for the October Revolution. Jon represents the oafish and deaf tsarist regime. Odie represented the enslaved, blind proletariats who suffer yet are content to keep things as they are. Lasagna represents pizza. Nermal is the manifestation of the joyful exploiter- the bourgeoisie who knows his place in the defective system and relishes the power, while Garfield represents the realization that, as a bourgeoisie himself, change will result in death- either figurative as his position in society is destroyed, or literally as a relic of a class system that needs eradication.

Monday is hated because it is the eve of Tuesday. The October Revolution began on a Tuesday. Therefore, Garfield hates the anxiety that comes with the anticipation of an even that will change all of their lives.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Sometimes a Monday is just a Monday

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I swear I made a thread on that subject at one point but I can't find it now. maybe it was just a fever dream

looking for it jus now led to me reviving the ff7r thread though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I still gotta play that. I got it when it was on ps plus so theres no excuse. Never played the original though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I am a huge fan of the original because I first played it as a kid right when it came out and it blew my mind. now I like to look back at it as a fascinating product of its time