Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Luther takes place in the "new" 40k? Like, 42nd millennium, after the Rift etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
apparently my Ravenor should arrive monday weeee

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Biplane posted:

Luther takes place in the "new" 40k? Like, 42nd millennium, after the Rift etc?

Yeah, the Cicatrix Maledictum is what lead to the events of the book IIRC, though I haven't read it, I was trying to find out which books are in that time. I wish it was clearer and they would market them with a special label. There are quite a few books now that are set in that era but don't really advertise themselves as that.

For some of them like the Horusian Wars, not only does the book not tell you when it's set, but the characters aren't aware the rift has opened, they think they're just dealing with a big local warp storm.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 8, 2021

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm listening to Rites of Passage and, while it's great, what it does best is point out just what a bunch of insufferable edge-lord jackasses Chaos worshipers must be.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It really does that well.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
I'm interested in the Luther novel being talked about, but is it the one that's $18 for 183 pages (Kindle)?
I love the setting, but not that much.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Lords of Silence is a lot of fun so far. It really straddles the line between humanizing the Death Guard and showing how terrifying they are. Like, I guess humans just vomit themselves to death uncontrollably around them? loving wild

"Corposant-lit halitosis" is a phrase I'm pretty confident had never been put to the page before, ever.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Yoo, "Alpharius: Head of the Hydra" is available now! It's by Mike Brooks. Im hyped

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Regular edition hardcover mortis was at the barnes and noble I was just at even though the actual release date isn't until next week I think

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Someone took the short story The Last Church and made it into a SEVENTY ONE MINUTE ANIMATED FILM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPbqDF_Q_sk

I'm only a few minutes in, but it's pretty decent for some guy's passion project.

Man, this was really good.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Holy poo poo the Alpharius book was great.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I wish they'd put it out in paperback

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

I'm interested in the Luther novel being talked about, but is it the one that's $18 for 183 pages (Kindle)?
I love the setting, but not that much.

It’s by Gav Thorpe, just read a summary somewhere and save your money

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Guyver posted:

Holy poo poo the Alpharius book was great.

Will it have an ebook (kindle) release soon?

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Nuclear War posted:

Will it have an ebook (kindle) release soon?

17th of April

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Amazon is showing Alpharius coming out on Hardcover on the 27th and ebook on the 17th?

Only $19 for the HC, which is like $10 cheaper than normal. Think I'll snag it.

Edit: AH, it's only 288 pages, so it's shorter.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 12, 2021

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

D-Pad posted:

Regular edition hardcover mortis was at the barnes and noble I was just at even though the actual release date isn't until next week I think
Amazon just shipped my copy of Mortis to be delivered tomorrow 4/13. The release date moved around a couple times on amazon so I could see a brick and mortar store putting the book out shelves on the original schedule.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL7mPADOAY0

Whoever is responsible for making Games Workshop's youtube videos should get a medal.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Whoever is responsible for making Games Workshop's youtube videos should get a medal.

I enjoy that they leaned in to the whole "these are basically action figures" feeling. The next model should have light up Plasma Destructors and a button that makes it shout "For the Emperor!"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Kaal posted:

I enjoy that they leaned in to the whole "these are basically action figures" feeling. The next model should have light up Plasma Destructors and a button that makes it shout "For the Emperor!"

I don't think Titans need a prostate :confused:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Titan Prostate Destructor.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Wait, so if the current largest Titanicus models are Warlords which clock in at something like 1500-2000€ IIRC, how much is one of these Warmasters going to go for? :staredog:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the Warmaster another variant on the Imperator frame?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Adeptus Titanicus is 8mm scale, not 28mm.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

NihilCredo posted:

Wait, so if the current largest Titanicus models are Warlords which clock in at something like 1500-2000€ IIRC, how much is one of these Warmasters going to go for? :staredog:

It'll be cheaper to have a child and dress them up in a costume made of cereal card.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

NihilCredo posted:

That's the model scaled for 26mm. Adeptus Titanicus is scaled for 8mm.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is the Warmaster another variant on the Imperator frame?
It's its own class. In between the warlord and emperor classes in size.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Arcsquad12 posted:

Awww. I was waiting for it to zoom out to show the entire city with the titans were on the back of a Imperator Titan.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kaal posted:

Should be something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SEYM9jHVg&t=88s

1:28 in the vid.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

VanSandman posted:

That's the model scaled for 26mm. Adeptus Titanicus is scaled for 8mm.

The Warmaster model should be about 6-7 inches (150-175mm) in height.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My warmaster is way bigger than 7 inches fyi

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

How does the warmaster fit into the lore?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

notaspy posted:

Biplane posted:

Barely

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Biplane posted:

how big is it around? that's the measurement that really matters imo

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
So Mortis is on sale at Amazon but only the hardcover, not the ebook. It’s not on sale at the black library website though. GW is really bad at communicating their release schedule.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

notaspy posted:

So you know all those 50+ Horus Heresy books and all the other supplements where they weren't mentioned?

Yeah, turns out they were there the whole time.

Juuuusssttt standing out of camera shot.

What are the odds :shrug:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Bequin questions ahead, read spoilers at own risk &c. &c.:

If nulls are so uncommon how it is that the Maze gets "one or two every few years", or are they not all nulls? If nullness is so common there why are they just taking from the Scholae rather than doing a "Great Tithe in Reverse" type thing from the entire population?

Why is the crazy lady's house called "Quatorze" when the Emperor's Children would be "Trois"*? The house and grounds do seem p.rotty (I pictured it like the swamp mansion from Dishonored) so maybe it really was the 14th's?

*: :v:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 13, 2021

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Those questions have answers but they're in Penitent.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

wiegieman posted:

Those questions have answers but they're in Penitent.

I need to re-read Penitent then because I missed those. I remember a lot of numerology but nothing about the 3/14 thing. :(

E: 3/14, Goddamnit, it's a pi joke isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

1: they get new blanks every year because they're all clones, probably of blanks who died in imperial service

2: she's a Glaw, it's a numerology thing