Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it changes almost every season. Here’s a list pasted from Wikipedia:

"Cover Girl (Put the Bass in Your Walk)" (season 1)
"Jealous of My Boogie" (season 2)
"Main Event" (season 3)
"The Beginning" (seasons 4–5)
"Dance with U" (season 6)
"Fly Tonight" (season 7)
"Die Tomorrow" (season 8)
"Be Someone" (season 9)
"Kitty Girl" (season 9)
"Rock It (To the Moon)" (seasons 10–11)
"American" (season 12)
"I'm a Winner, Baby" (season 13)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I really like Kitty Girl! It's a drat earworm.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

It’s so disappointing when the non-rumix album version of Kitty Girl or American or whatever comes on the playlist and it’s missing the queen’s guest verses...

Step up to the plate I’m Trixie Mattel/
Got my name in the game better learn it well
‘Cause I’m the MVP going up to bat
And I’ll go to third base but I’ll never tell that!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ru Paul thinking everyone forgot Happy from 2013. Nah. Same vibes from Lucky, haha. Zzz.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Read After Burning posted:

I really like Kitty Girl! It's a drat earworm.

That's the one. And I'm trying to mentally pull it up, but I can't. I only hear "Kitty girl... To the mooooon...."

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

MizuZero posted:

It’s so disappointing when the non-rumix album version of Kitty Girl or American or whatever comes on the playlist and it’s missing the queen’s guest verses...

Step up to the plate I’m Trixie Mattel/
Got my name in the game better learn it well
‘Cause I’m the MVP going up to bat
And I’ll go to third base but I’ll never tell that!

shan
ge
la

say what!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Has anyone ever figured out why the show never acknowledges "Supermodel"? Is it a rights issue? It took me a while to realize that "Cover Girl" was not in fact the same song.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I really want to re-watch Season 8 and AS3, but I don't think my heart can handle it.

Chi Chi... :(

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think the realness was the best ru song. Was that Lucien? It doesn't seem like his motif but I can't remember if he was still attached to the show in season 8

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Nihonniboku posted:

Has anyone ever figured out why the show never acknowledges "Supermodel"? Is it a rights issue? It took me a while to realize that "Cover Girl" was not in fact the same song.

Yes Ru started her own vanity label to to the show songs iirc specifically because the record company wouldn't release the rights. In fact I think the company that owned supermodel got bought and sold a bunch in the late 90s and part of the issue was it actually belonged to a bunch of companies because of that? Might be wrong about that last part

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I loved the runway songs this year for both US and UK. I know US used "Bring Back My Girls" for season 13--what did UK use for season 2?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beepsandboops posted:

I loved the runway songs this year for both US and UK. I know US used "Bring Back My Girls" for season 13--what did UK use for season 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riBMiYoSWDA

CAN YOU FEE-AAAAL THE LOVE (doot doodoot doodoot doot doot).

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think the realness was the best ru song. Was that Lucien? It doesn't seem like his motif but I can't remember if he was still attached to the show in season 8

iirc The Realness is Eric Kupper, but Lucian is credited as producing a bunch of songs off of the same album. My favourite Rupaul producer of the post-Lucian era is Kummerspeck of Mighty Love renown, mostly because their name translates to “grief bacon”, the german word for the weight a person gains from eating their emotions

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

watched so much wrestling this weekend that I totally forgot about drag race and last night just texted a pal "hey, any eliminations? no? ok cool I'll skip it"

I normally love this show but Kandy's constant push and the fact that it's been going for like, 4 months has me pretty well over it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I liked Lucky :colbert:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I feel so bad for queens that get pushed to the end (Kandy Muse, Silky, or Roxxxy in AS2). It's obviously frustrating to see as a viewer, but it's not the queens' fault!

Reminds me of season 9 where, during Valentina v Nina, assholes online were attacking Alexis Michelle and telling her that she deserved to be in the bottom and should have volunteered to go home! Lovely choice there, get a ton of hate online or get blacklisted by Rupaul the Quitter-Hater.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

I really want to re-watch Season 8 and AS3, but I don't think my heart can handle it.

Chi Chi... :(

Bob (the drag queen) has stated they they cant rewatch these seasons because of this exact reason,

ChiChi truly was a star

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Bussy vid dissecting the WOW Contract is eye opening. They basically own your entire professional life. Forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700Nvfa4wHk

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I've never seen bussy queen out of geish before, he's cute!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Check their OnlyFans reviews - so funny!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That is not how you pronounce bussy.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Vintersorg posted:

The Bussy vid dissecting the WOW Contract is eye opening. They basically own your entire professional life. Forever.

Across the universe.

Raccoonboy posted:

Bob (the drag queen) has stated they they cant rewatch these seasons because of this exact reason,

ChiChi truly was a star

I get it. A friend of mine OD'd about 8 years ago. We were in a band together and I cannot bring myself to listen to our recordings :(

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

angerbeet posted:

That is not how you pronounce bussy.

I always read it as buh-sie. Is it boo-sie? Or like Gary Busey?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I did love this one particular comment under the video:

quote:

Bussy: they have signed away their life for the next 20 years
Me: that's horrible!!
Bussy: so they're obliged to come for an all winners season
Me: go on 👀

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

resting mitch face posted:

I always read it as buh-sie. Is it boo-sie? Or like Gary Busey?

If you pronounce it like that youtuber does, the word pussy suddenly invokes far more images of discharge than one would generally care for.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I've seen people argue about whether Rupaul is saying "pussy on fire" or "bussy on fire" in Lucky.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vintersorg posted:

I've never heard of him before, but that was interesting. On one hand, you're getting paid very little money and they take a large cut of your earnings in the years following your season. On the other hand, Drag Race is pretty much the only way to gain mainstream recognition as a drag queen. And it does seem like many of the queens are legitimately doing way better after the show than when they were on before.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Compilation of all Rosé's background bobbing to lip syncs

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Jamal Sims trying to get Rose to do the Milly Rock for the Lucky choreo was... well it was an attempt. Should have just dad bopped.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I listen to this multiple times a day. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kEMqL2fbg

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Then add this to your rotation! :dance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgtnWuvpyq4

Love this queen :)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

In a similar note:

https://twitter.com/denalifox/status/1381245551405117440

:aaaaa:

I normally don't fangirl like this, but please let Denali know this goon and her partner absolutely love her and have been rooting for her since Meet the Queens. :) My partner loves drag but generally doesn't "show it" (he doesn't do the standard hollering and snapping and such, he's bad at showing excitement), but every time we watch this performance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyj9yqL4M8Q), he's on his feet cheering. :D

If she ever comes to the Bay Area to perform, we'll be in the front row!

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

My partner loves drag but generally doesn't "show it" (he doesn't do the standard hollering and snapping and such, he's bad at showing excitement), but every time we watch this performance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyj9yqL4M8Q), he's on his feet cheering. :D
That's a lifelong athlete right there, even just dancing relatively sedately. She's so loving strong. Total pleasure to watch.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I was definitely bummed when Denali left.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Denali first got on my radar last year with this video and I was an instant fan. I was so hyped when I read the rumors she'd be on, and she didn't disappoint. The best is the last minute of the second part, which came right after the AS5 reveal.

https://twitter.com/denalifox/status/1263146150560964608

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Audience: (reading twitter) Good lord, what is happening on there?
RuPaul: Aurora Borealis?
Audience: Au-Aurora Borealis?
At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely on a drag queen?
(beat)
RuPaul: Yes.

Audience: May we see it?

RuPaul: No.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Now I'm trying to work out a Steamed Hams drag name.

"Seamed Clams"
"Dee Spite Your Directions"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Seamed Clams"
"Dee Spite Your Directions"

I don't know, I think I just kind of like the idea of a queen coming out all deadpan and announcing her name is Steamed Hams.

What a queen named Table?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Cee Moore, Skinny Legend. She's perfectly cromulent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aurora Borealis is staring you in the face.