Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Revins posted:

I am a huge fan of the original because I first played it as a kid right when it came out and it blew my mind. now I like to look back at it as a fascinating product of its time

:same:

and i am 99% sure that if i played it now i would not enjoy it. both me and video games have changed a lot since then, but the feels ff7 gave me back in the day still remain pure and wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

two underwhelming snipes in a row, smdh. maybe i can redeem myself with a sweet vintage gif...

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

This page might I suggest we talk about Major Dick Bong

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Did the average person know what a bong was back then

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ventral EggSac posted:

He has his own Recreation Area, but it's pretty crime-ridden. Lots of sign theft.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

340 should be the new 420

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

420 is too well known to use as code now, might as well scream "MARIJUANA CIGARETTES"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Theres still too many people around after school at 340 though, harder to make it to a good spot to smoke out

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Theres still too many people around after school at 340 though, harder to make it to a good spot to smoke out

oh god we got one of those people who think you have to smoke at the number time

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yeah and I get the joint all wet too

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ventral EggSac posted:

:patriot:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

somewhere, in some thread on this site, i took an oath to always salute Major Richard Ira "Dick" Bong. For obvious reasons. The tradition continues.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just ripped an incredibly smelly fart. whew it nasty

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

also, this past weekend i was at a party brunch and someone brought a dish that I remembered from my childhood, and it tasted identical, and it really took me back in a very surreal way.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I was going to share one of the "College or Weed" highway sign pics, but imgur is being a bitch, so google it or just pretend you see a pic here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=col...=uwyiGHefo4DMCM

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Prof. Crocodile posted:

also, this past weekend i was at a party brunch and someone brought a dish that I remembered from my childhood, and it tasted identical, and it really took me back in a very surreal way.

what was the dish

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aardvark! posted:

what was the dish

Butthole Surprise. :smuggo:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i hope it was Ohio Cold Vegetable Pizza

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"ohio" is just a catchall term for the midwest btw

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

what was the dish

it was some egg salad dish that a polish friend made. The sauce is more thin than creamy, and its flavor is similar to potato salad, and you eat it on sliced bread. years and years ago in an entirely different part of the country, an old southern lady used to bring it to church potlucks.

it's had a pretty mild flavor, so it's not necessarily the most memorable food, but damned if it didn't open the nostalgia gates and bring back some people and places i hadn't thought about in decades.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

"ohio" is just a catchall term for the midwest btw

i think of ohio as part of the rust belt. i feel like the midwest is the area between the rockies and the mississippi river--except for texas which is just texas.

e: although i think your statement is factually accurate. "ohio" IS a catchall term for the midwest.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dick Bong killed dozens of fascists, was obsessively in love with his wife, and died test flying a jet called a Shooting Star.

It's just about the coolest poo poo ever, especially this little excerpt from wikipedia

wiki posted:

Bong considered his gunnery accuracy to be poor, so he compensated by getting as close to his targets as possible to make sure he hit them. In some cases he flew through the debris of exploding enemy aircraft, and on one occasion collided with his target, which he claimed as a "probable" victory.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

The 1000 Page Thread: A "Probable" Victory

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aardvark! posted:

i hope it was Ohio Cold Vegetable Pizza

Oh drat with the cream cheese and chewy thin crust? gently caress yeah. :munch:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So he was a pilot lol. Major Bong, flying high.

Thank you for you are service o7

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I guess he wasn't british but it still made me listen to Aces High

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9aQvjMS60

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh drat with the cream cheese and chewy thin crust? gently caress yeah. :munch:

ya you use a tube of crescent rolls for the crust. drat i might make one later this week :thunkin:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

Dick Bong killed dozens of fascists, was obsessively in love with his wife, and died test flying a jet called a Shooting Star.

It's just about the coolest poo poo ever, especially this little excerpt from wikipedia

a legend

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i was thinking of making a thread for it but ill just post it here, check out the cool smilies on this website. thinking about buying one

https://yoursmiles.org/

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
imagine all the uses for this one

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
borat voice MY WIFE

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this one is good for when you're hitting yourself in the head with a rolling pin

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

woops i meant to do this one

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Those raw veg pizza things are gross please don't make them or the ghost of bad family gatherings will show up and make you wear fancy clothes that itch

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993