Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If I just keep moving I can probably bag up everything for the charity shop tonight and then I don't have to think about it, just drop it off tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Teddy Thunders posted:

If I just keep moving I can probably bag up everything for the charity shop tonight and then I don't have to think about it, just drop it off tomorrow.

are you doing a marie kondo thing?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Prof. Crocodile posted:

are you doing a marie kondo thing?

I am getting rid of attachments. It's less a Marie Kondo thing and more of a brain healing thing. Less stuff means less to worry about. I worry enough as it is.

Prof. Crocodile

Teddy Thunders posted:

I am getting rid of attachments. It's less a Marie Kondo thing and more of a brain healing thing. Less stuff means less to worry about. I worry enough as it is.

good on you, tt

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

Well done!

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

New Mexico just decriminalized weed, which is good because now we won't put quite as many people in jail for bullshit reasons, but bad because now everything outdoors is going to stink like it does in Colorado.

E: oh, we legalized it? I don't get how we can make something legal when it's still federally illegal but I never quite understood how the interstate commerce clause played with the FBI. Anyway, it's still going to stink.

Lol. My dad just sent me the news. :2bong:

Prof. Crocodile

cruft posted:

New Mexico just decriminalized weed, which is good because now we won't put quite as many people in jail for bullshit reasons, but bad because now everything outdoors is going to stink like it does in Colorado.

E: oh, we legalized it? I don't get how we can make something legal when it's still federally illegal but I never quite understood how the interstate commerce clause played with the FBI. Anyway, it's still going to stink.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think the difference between fed/state marijuana boils down to who will and won't arrest and prosecute you for having weed.

Pot still being illegal at the federal level doesn't mean much to your average weed smoker, because day-to-day law enforcement is conducted almost exclusively by states and municipalities. For example, imagine how unlikely it would be for the FBI, DEA, and federal prosecutors to spend resources busting your neighbor Ricky for having a packet of weed gummies.

Anyone who knows better feel free to correct me. I'm not really into making the weed noise, so I've not studied this too deeply.

Escape From Noise

Santa Fe decriminalized a while ago. I think it's actually legalized for recreational purposes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's a lot to weed legalization versus decriminalization and federal versus state in the US and BYOB is not exactly the places for that; there's a really good discussion and an entire Explainer in TCC. I would also encourage interested parties to PM me if they really want my spiel about it.

Prof. Crocodile

also, here enjoy a cup of floofy rodent

https://i.imgur.com/u0jX2N2.mp4

alnilam

There's plenty of valid differing opinions on the nuance of exactly how to make weed less illegal but i think we can all agree that movement in the right direction is better than movement in the wrong direction, at least. Congrats to NM :2bong:

cruft

Teddy Thunders posted:

There's a lot to weed legalization versus decriminalization and federal versus state in the US and BYOB is not exactly the places for that; there's a really good discussion and an entire Explainer in TCC. I would also encourage interested parties to PM me if they really want my spiel about it.

Look, all I know is Denver smells real bad now, and I guess we're next.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Time to box books

Escape From Noise

I am uh... definitely in the countryside.

There was even a guy on a tractor tilling it when I got in today.

Escape From Noise

For some reason most of the restaurants around my new place are Japanese style Chinese restaurants. I'm going to get Korean instead.

Kith

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Please enjoy this beekeeper free-handing a queen out of a swarm with no gear whatsoever.

https://youtu.be/YgOYLDf5Wv8

Escape From Noise

This Korean place seems pretty legit. Different types of kimchi. I ordered kimba but I guess it needs to be ordered ahead of time. So I'm having bibimbap. I'm glad it wasn't a chain. Mission of finding nice local places seems off to a good start

Finger Prince

Kith posted:

Please enjoy this beekeeper free-handing a queen out of a swarm with no gear whatsoever.

Lol I saw this the other day, I have no idea why or where from, I forgot to post it here so I'm glad you did!

alnilam

I had a funny story about freehanding a swarm about a year ago itt i can't find it right now but ill try to remember tomorrow

Escape From Noise

Holy poo poo. This Korean place is good!

I'm definitely coming back here.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I told you that I felt like you had good luck coming already you found delicious Korean food.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

I told you that I felt like you had good luck coming already you found delicious Korean food.

It was probably the best bibimbap I've ever had. Just packed with fresh veggies. That fuckin' eggplant was so good. Real spicy. Just one Korean lady doing everything.

Ass-penny

Hello and thanks for the possum pictures. North American opossums rule, I'm sorry to inform some of you that this is an objective fact.

Ass-penny

I can't believe I won the smilie lottery! I'm excited to see what I picked. :munch:

sb hermit

Escape From Noise posted:

For some reason most of the restaurants around my new place are Japanese style Chinese restaurants. I'm going to get Korean instead.

let us know if you find a korean style chinese restaurant

Escape From Noise

sb hermit posted:

let us know if you find a korean style chinese restaurant

Possibly in Korea?

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Oh hi there miss yes I'm ready to order, mmm this all smells so good. I think I'll have a chicken guyere with a side of hollandaise potatoes and a cup of floof please

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

sb hermit

Possibly in Korea?

I mean, where you are. You could get lucky. There are very specific dishes that you can't find in a Korean restaurant, nor a Chinese restaurant, but are a staple in korean restaurants specializing in chinese cuisine.

Escape From Noise

sb hermit posted:

I mean, where you are. You could get lucky. There are very specific dishes that you can't find in a Korean restaurant, nor a Chinese restaurant, but are a staple in korean restaurants specializing in chinese cuisine.

Oh, I'm sure, but if I'm finding that it probably wouldn't be in Wakayama. God, I wonder where you could. Maybe in Osaka in Tsuruhashi, because it has a big Korean population.

sb hermit

Oh, I'm sure, but if I'm finding that it probably wouldn't be in Wakayama. God, I wonder where you could. Maybe in Osaka in Tsuruhashi, because it has a big Korean population.

Just another reason to go back to Osaka!

Escape From Noise

sb hermit posted:

Just another reason to go back to Osaka!

I'm sure I will. Huh. I wonder...

Escape From Noise

The chat is coming from...

INSIDE THE THREAD!

Stoner Sloth

INSIDE THE THREAD!

:ohdear:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

INSIDE THE THREAD!

:getin:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

xcheopis

I woke up at 3 to use the bathroom. It is now 4:50. Today is going to suck.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I had that nightmare where I drowned again. The one where my eyes are open underwater and I can see everything.

xcheopis

Prof. Crocodile posted:

:kimchi:

xcheopis

Kith posted:

I did enjoy, thank you

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's a guy on my front walk screaming at someone on the phone, "I TOLD YOU TO BUY BITCOIN INSTEAD. WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?"

Maybe because you're screaming about bitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

There's a guy on my front walk screaming at someone on the phone, "I TOLD YOU TO BUY BITCOIN INSTEAD. WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?"

Maybe because you're screaming about bitcoin.

I want to know what the other person bought.