Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Barely won a game last night where our mid got absolutely demolished by a rubick who built witchblade into daedalus into satanic and was hitting for over 700 crits with a pretty high AS.

What happened in the patch that made that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dunite posted:

Barely won a game last night where our mid got absolutely demolished by a rubick who built witchblade into daedalus into satanic and was hitting for over 700 crits with a pretty high AS.

What happened in the patch that made that work?

Nothing that I can think of caused any of those specific things to happen tbh you probably just ran into someone who does fun things

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Sidelane core Luna is currently sitting at a 62% winrate in pro level pubs btw

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Glad to see people experimenting more with shards these days. Like every patch reviewer was going "this sucks, this hero will never get 1400 gold!" in both big shard patches. Like okay I get it, it fucks with the timing of alot of life saving items your low farming hero needs to not die or a powerspike a hard carry really doesnt wanna miss, but they're waaaaaaay overdramatic about how much 1400 gold is. Then there's the lazy option where you don't get a shard cause it gives a new ability and "I don't want another button to click" or "I'll forget to use it".

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Blaise330 posted:

Glad to see people experimenting more with shards these days. Like every patch reviewer was going "this sucks, this hero will never get 1400 gold!" in both big shard patches. Like okay I get it, it fucks with the timing of alot of life saving items your low farming hero needs to not die or a powerspike a hard carry really doesnt wanna miss, but they're waaaaaaay overdramatic about how much 1400 gold is. Then there's the lazy option where you don't get a shard cause it gives a new ability and "I don't want another button to click" or "I'll forget to use it".

I mean... Every streamer tried basically every shard and aghs when they launched. Lots of them were weak af. This Luna thing, for example, is new.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I watch the wrong streamers. These top 100 mmr grinders only do the absolute mildest of experiments.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 12, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DPC started today with lower division leagues

OG plays tomorrow against Brame (who finished second in lower division in season 1)

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Blaise330 posted:

I watch the wrong streamers. These top 100 mmr grinders only do the absolute mildest of experiments.

I guess I'm talking sing and bulldog, so I can't necessarily recommend them without risking the spread of my brain worms.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I like watching Dubu who plays random heroes as a 5

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/streamerbans/status/1381718186798759937?s=21

reddit thinks it might have been for this: https://streamable.com/2cpmfl (it's a homophobic slur)

though it might have been a legitimate slip from his brain combining two words idk (I am not inclined to ever give mason the benefit of the doubt however)

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Mason has gotten sooooo much better in the past two years. He’s still an edgelord tho.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
He said he’s gonna appeal it but if not it’s a 7 day ban.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lol

https://twitter.com/ixmike88/status/1381781581648564224

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/masondota/status/1381772035114868737

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

jsoh posted:

ya its called keeper of the light

gently caress, forgot about that change. I've not touched kotl of the light since those changes. I still picture him in my head as having horseblast, mana restore, mana leak and super saiyan ulti that makes horseblast not channelling and heals

I was thinking more like phoenix egg aghs, where they can absorb someone and refresh their non-ulti abilities too

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Luna as a pos 5 is very viable. Maybe a little weak in the early game, but you have the potential to farm the jungle when walking across map so you aren't poor as poo poo.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
What's the appeal of Luna pos 5? I know some Chinese teams ran it in the previous patch. If it was pos 4, I can see the appeal behind her Aghs ult.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

gently caress, forgot about that change. I've not touched kotl of the light since those changes. I still picture him in my head as having horseblast, mana restore, mana leak and super saiyan ulti that makes horseblast not channelling and heals

I was thinking more like phoenix egg aghs, where they can absorb someone and refresh their non-ulti abilities too

so you mean Phoenix

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
In my two last games with somewhat passive lanes as pos 5 I've managed to farm a raw ags at 24 min, then transition into a shard about 4 min later. That's with about most of the wards on the map. The farming potential once you secure your lane let's you get item timings to support team fights before 30 min.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
it's gonna be a good loving day of EU Dota

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ElNarez posted:

it's gonna be a good loving day of EU Dota

Hell yes!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good to hear Fogged again, hope he came out the other side of COVID ok

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Saksa's blood pressure must be at a thousand right now.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Misery changing his name to Rasmus is proof enough that pros shouldn't be able to change their handle after a few years on the pro scene.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

Misery changing his name to Rasmus is proof enough that pros shouldn't be able to change their handle after a few years on the pro scene.

Rasmus is his real name

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Andrast posted:

Rasmus is his real name

What's your point?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Can't believe we as a community allowed SwindleMelonz to become Kyle.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like if there was ever a scenario where someone should be able to change their name it should be to start going by their actual name

i mean honestly in general it should be allowed no matter what, but, hey

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Maybe becoming Somnus and paparazi becoming Eurus should not have been allowed. pick a name and stick with it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think everyone should be allowed to change their gamer name. Who loving cares

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
A little dota2 boy asked his father, "Dad how did I get my name?"

"Well, son, when your sister was born we looked out of the lobby and saw a spronking enchantress, so we named your sister Spronking Enchantress. When your brother was born we looked out of the teepee and saw a scouting hawk ,so we named him Scouting Hawk, so my son, Dirty Techies Spammer. when you ask how you got your name....

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
My brain continues to insist that Kyle, BSJ, and Jenkins are merely three avatars of the same incorporeal spirit, different expressions of the archetype of a bitter, snarky white NA ex-pro.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rjmccall posted:

My brain continues to insist that Kyle, BSJ, and Jenkins are merely three avatars of the same incorporeal spirit, different expressions of the archetype of a bitter, snarky white NA ex-pro.

is Jenkins just all the bad qualities balled into one so that Kyle and BSJ can share the good qualities

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Making a serial killer esque excel spreadsheet on ee pub names

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

pouring one out for child star ammar the fucker, forced to change name to atf in tourneys

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Remember that chinese player who used to go by "cat feces"

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That was the single best LC Duel I've ever seen :haw:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

is Jenkins just all the bad qualities balled into one so that Kyle and BSJ can share the good qualities

Man, I feel so embarrassed listening to Jenkins. He’s like a walking critique of the society which produced him. There should be a narrator superimposed on his life, earnestly telling us how we could’ve made a difference for this troubled young man before it ever got this far.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

rjmccall posted:

Neither BSJ nor Jenkins qualify as ex-pros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
pizzadad will always be the best handle