Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpbXQ_XyvZQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
The first album I bought was Mutter by Rammstein but I think the first album I owned was a Pearl Jam or maybe Offspring one

Like the Offspring EP with the red skeleton

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It was the album Hotshot by Shaggy

same but it was boombastic.

or was it beck mellow gold??

or was it... i think it might've actually been some steel drum orchestra.

either way the first record i bought was a soul fire 45 by the whitefield brothers. "in the raw" b/w "the bastard". their whole first album those tracks are taken from is still an absolute all timer with no skipped tracks for me. it's a perfect instrumental album.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNpMxguU3vQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VE0zyFgmK2s

Deep Glove Bruno fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 5, 2021

Chris James 2

Achtane posted:

The first album I bought was Mutter by Rammstein but I think the first album I owned was a Pearl Jam or maybe Offspring one

Like the Offspring EP with the red skeleton

oh yeah this reminded me the second album i got was The Offspring's "Americana"

sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

The first album I ever bought was Weird Al's greatest hits. It is a decision that I stand by to this very day.

wimsy

Oh, if we're talking tapes the first thing I bought was a cassette containing different versions of the Dr. Who theme song including the disco remix. I don't know if you could call that an album though.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It was the album Hotshot by Shaggy

hahaha i have this. it sucks

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

first i traded someone a $10 gift certificate to a record store for the chumbawamba cd, you know the one
then the first one i bought with money was rob zombie - hellbilly deluxe.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

alnilam

Prof. Crocodile posted:

The first album I ever bought was Weird Al's greatest hits. It is a decision that I stand by to this very day.

Bad Hair Day definitely is within the first 5 CDs i ever had and probably the best of that group

GoutPatrol

*Stupid Babby*

I cannot remember at all what the first CD I bought with my own money, probably some weird al thing

I do remember very vividly what album I first got as my own, not my parents or siblings, was Boyz II Men's II, because I really liked the song "Water Runs Dry" when I was 6

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

First albums owned (given to me):

First album i obtained on my own:

First cd i remember buying with my own money (still makes a heckuva rolling tray too):

:love: Those are all still The Big Four :love:

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Escape From Noise

And I taste...BLOODY KISSEEEEES!

Queen-Of-Hearts

Loving you was like loving the dead (gay forums)

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
haha if we are doing albums that we were gifted then my first two CDs were the Lion King OST and Aqua's Aquarium.

Queen-Of-Hearts

My brain swapped out "bought" for "emotionally devoured." My bad.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Think I only ever really had two CD's gifted to me that I still listen to to this day.

A Jimi Hendrix Best of, and a burned copy of Kid Koala's Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Ass-penny

October Rust owns and I will tolerate no poo poo talk.
Same goes for Kid Koala.
They both changed my life tho admittedly probably almost a decade apart.

nut

that kid koala CD is the only one I still own

Finger Prince

Kid Koala is so good. I saw him do a live set at the mod club in Toronto years ago. It really opened my eyes to what turntableism and DJ'ing with records actually was.

The first CD I bought was Rush - Exit Stage Left.
I had a tape of AC/DC - The Razor's Edge (the one with thunderstruck) before that, but I don't remember buying it. I think I got it from a friend, maybe as a birthday present? Plus a bunch of copied tapes of Weird Al and DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.

Queen-Of-Hearts

Anyone else luck out and have friends who had cool older sisters that made tapes for you and your friends, of the cool music parents wouldn't let you listen to as a young kid?

xcheopis

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Anyone else luck out and have friends who had cool older sisters that made tapes for you and your friends, of the cool music parents wouldn't let you listen to as a young kid?

I have a sibling who was dj'd at KALX and was in college with Guy Kyser (not that they were friends or anything, just the mileu he was in) and got me into a lot of good music - Skinny Puppy, Bauhaus, etc.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

alnilam

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

my sister had a bunch of the quintessential 90s Popular Alt-Rock CDs, such as weezer blue album, garbage self-titled, clueless soundtrack, blind melon self-titled, to name a few off the top of my head, that I was a bit too young (probably 8-10) to have found myself but that she made cassette tape copies of for me to listen to

ty manifisto

snergle

A kind little mouse!
mine was never mind. kurt was already dead and it was in 99.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
The first LP I bought was Duran Duran's "Seven and the Ragged Tiger". At the mall, of course.

I owned like 12 8-track tapes before that, and for the life of me I can't recall which of them I bought first. Because I'm a goon, I'm going to guess it was my Battlestar Galactica TV series soundtrack, and not my double length Bee Gees Greatest Hits.

alexandriao

im sad to say my first purchase was of Brian Eno's Apollo cd

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Bacon Taco posted:

The first LP I bought was Duran Duran's "Seven and the Ragged Tiger". At the mall, of course.

I owned like 12 8-track tapes before that, and for the life of me I can't recall which of them I bought first. Because I'm a goon, I'm going to guess it was my Battlestar Galactica TV series soundtrack, and not my double length Bee Gees Greatest Hits.

Bee gee's own though. "Gotta Get A Message To You" is one of my all time favorite songs.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

alnilam

alexandriao posted:

im sad to say my first purchase was of Brian Eno's Apollo cd

Was that the one he did with his bro

ty manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"Get the Knack" by the Knack because of My Sharona, 1976.

The line to kick my rear end starts over there, please...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

rear end-penny posted:

October Rust owns and I will tolerate no poo poo talk.
Same goes for Kid Koala.
They both changed my life tho admittedly probably almost a decade apart.

I listen to October Rust every year on the first day of autumn. Not when the calendar says it's autumn, but rather when my senses tell me so.

Type O's wall of sound was never this big, never this haunting imho. October Rust is loving timeless

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Evan Jellicle

mine was the soundtrack to A Goofy Movie on cassette. I remember filling out the order form that smelled like a scholastic book fair :3:

Thank you CoG for this crisp winter sig!

alnilam

Evan Jellicle posted:

mine was the soundtrack to A Goofy Movie on cassette. I remember filling out the order form that smelled like a scholastic book fair :3:

Powerline is legit good

Areola Grande

Evan Jellicle posted:

book fair was the poo poo. That and the pizza hut Book It ™ program were cornerstones of my education. I can still taste that burnt cheese today :engleft:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Escape From Noise

prepuce repurposed posted:

book fair was the poo poo. That and the pizza hut Book It ™ program were cornerstones of my education. I can still taste that burnt cheese today :engleft:

Oh man. Fuckin book it

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

Oh man. Fuckin book it

personal pan heaven yo

Evan Jellicle

alnilam posted:

Powerline is legit good

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsNS5gnUTj4

Thank you CoG for this crisp winter sig!

Escape From Noise

My parents were mostly very healthy eaters so it was a real big treat for me at the time. In retrospect I'm sure that was not something my parents really enjoyed.

Queen-Of-Hearts

I'm not dissociating, I'm astral-projecting to small town, midwestern 1987.

Prof. Crocodile

these were magical times. I think that heaven is probably a lot like having tevin Campbell sing I2I as he serves you a personal pan pizza at the book fair.

Escape From Noise

The Personal Pan Pizza rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i had book fairs and pizza days separately but never together. they sound like blesséd days