Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Merrill Grinch posted:

In one of the first sidequests you see a blue&grey tripod creature and they make a big deal about needing to be quiet before it murks you. I don't recall ever seeing, hearing or fighting one of those again through the whole game. Did I miss a sidequest or expedition with one or did they just totally forget they set up that chekhov's gun about the scary monster?

I thought I did all the sidequests and they never show up again, no. From what I hear they're not in expeditions either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought I did all the sidequests and they never show up again, no. From what I hear they're not in expeditions either

There is one side quest I can remember that deals with them a little, called old powers in the ruins.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kaddish posted:

There is one side quest I can remember that deals with them a little, called old powers in the ruins.

Less of deals with them and more one just makes a brief appearance as it's attracted to the energy or whatever.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Do these charge the crystal pieces on Expeditions mean kill them in the circle? Or you have to be in the circle? Or just kill them all.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kaddish posted:

Oh right. I guess they do reappear but you never fight them or interact with them or anything

^burtle posted:

Do these charge the crystal pieces on Expeditions mean kill them in the circle? Or you have to be in the circle? Or just kill them all.

Be in the circle while no enemies are in there

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

^burtle posted:

Focus on keeping the enemies out and charging. If you finish the charging, the enemies die and you can progress.

Basically if solo, stay in the charge area, if in a group a least one person should focus on charging.

Everyone running around killing mobs instead of charging is counterproductive.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I have no idea how long I'll keep playing this game once I beat the story but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that yet another thing poorly conveyed during the Demo is the variety of locations in the game. Like I definitely didn't expect the back half of the game to be set in the desert and overgrown ruins and stuff. The areas are all pretty small and linear but each one does feel real different visually.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Beat the game and thought the story was surprisingly good, though it’s really weird that Moloch just disappears from the story. Feels like he’s a remnant of an earlier script.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A bunch of things that feel unfinished return in Expeditions... which since you get a couple lines of dialogue and a 10 second cutscene about them, still feel unfinished lol

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RatHat posted:

Beat the game and thought the story was surprisingly good, though it’s really weird that Moloch just disappears from the story. Feels like he’s a remnant of an earlier script.

I thought he just represented one of the many many ways that

endgame spoilers
Humanity is horrible, and Altered in particular are doomed to go Feral in their own way. Story sure was uplifting. Finish clearing space-Auschwitz, succeed in dropping pods... onto a blasted hell world filled with murderous factions ready to kill each other (more) over them.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A bunch of things that feel unfinished return in Expeditions... which since you get a couple lines of dialogue and a 10 second cutscene about them, still feel unfinished lol

I had expected "expeditions" to be like Strikes in Destiny 2.

What they really are is a series of DPS checks followed by a boss fight with no mechanics worth mentioning.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I bought this game to play with 2 friends, unfortunately we can't seem to go 20 minutes without one of us having our game crash and get booted out of the middle of a fight. Also whenever someone leaves the party for any reason (like for example when your game crashes) everyone in the party has to re-start the game to re-form the party. I wanna like this game but it's been an unplayable mess for us so far. Anyone else having these issues? tips for ways to solve the problems?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Starsfan posted:

I bought this game to play with 2 friends, unfortunately we can't seem to go 20 minutes without one of us having our game crash and get booted out of the middle of a fight. Also whenever someone leaves the party for any reason (like for example when your game crashes) everyone in the party has to re-start the game to re-form the party.

This is why my friends and I stopped playing. We keep crashing in expeditions.

It was bad in story, but you just rejoin and move on, but in expeditions it's a giant gently caress you.

Host crashes? No loot for anyone. Get hosed.

You crash? If it's last room - you're hosed. You can't rejoin. If it's right before last room, your buddies have to waste time waiting for you to join or just move on to the final encounter and deny you the loot.

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009

RatHat posted:

He shows up in the Frontline expedition

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Be in the circle while no enemies are in there

Pro tip: if you're fighting a wave and there is one of the acid spitting guys left, just leave him alive. Those rock things are timed and having the one guy left alive will delay the next wave saving you a lot of time.

Also, if you don't know yet, on Chem Plant you can just walk into the elevator the moment it opens and skip killing a ton of trash. Makes it much much easier to gold.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Merrill Grinch posted:

In one of the first sidequests you see a blue&grey tripod creature and they make a big deal about needing to be quiet before it murks you. I don't recall ever seeing, hearing or fighting one of those again through the whole game. Did I miss a sidequest or expedition with one or did they just totally forget they set up that chekhov's gun about the scary monster?

I'm not going to lie, this was one of the things that annoyed me the most. At the end of Terra Infirma quest they make such a big deal about how bad rear end these things are, they are featured in the intro movie (where you see the other animals you fight throughout the game) but for some reason these things are just...not there. You do so see one later but it's 15 to 30 seconds and again, it's just a total nothing.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Well, RIP my inventory as well.

Funnier yet, I can't even get into a game. I just get immediately DC'd the second I connect.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not going to lie, this was one of the things that annoyed me the most. At the end of Terra Infirma quest they make such a big deal about how bad rear end these things are, they are featured in the intro movie (where you see the other animals you fight throughout the game) but for some reason these things are just...not there. You do so see one later but it's 15 to 30 seconds and again, it's just a total nothing.

You have those 2 huge boss fights early in the campaign and then nothing in that style again. I'm pretty sure those guys are cut content that was supposed to be another huge boss fight later in the game.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

RatHat posted:

I thought the pacing of the whole thing was really weird, kinda like they packed in so much stuff at the start and then you get through the gate and someone suddenly realised they only had a few more levels left for about a solid half or more of the story so it turns into "so anyway this is what happened after that well bye"

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just got silver on a T11 expedition. Last attempt didn't even make bronze on Boomtown. The difficulty feels really uneven. I feel like 12 might be getting to the limit of my no legendary build. Haven't really found a single worthwhile one yet.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

bamhand posted:

Just got silver on a T11 expedition. Last attempt didn't even make bronze on Boomtown. The difficulty feels really uneven. I feel like 12 might be getting to the limit of my no legendary build. Haven't really found a single worthwhile one yet.

Well, CT10 -> CT11 increases enemy levels by 2, so it is going to be a more difficult jump than other tiers. I've been on that tier for a while now since I gotta raise all my gear up 2 levels. But I am also refusing to play the game while inventory wipes are a hot new feature.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Also are there Trickster builds besides this one?

https://www.thegamer.com/outriders-twisted-rounds-build-guide/

Not really sure what I should be aiming to get.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Made a new character, MackHammer the Devastator, because everything else in the game is on fire. I'm really blowing through the campaign, already level 15 in just 6 or so hours. I'm really enjoying the class so far, I wish I had more skill slots because I hate the idea of not having Golem or the leap skill. Now am I imagining this, or did I see a screenshot or video of a shotgun axe somewhere?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

bamhand posted:

Also are there Trickster builds besides this one?

https://www.thegamer.com/outriders-twisted-rounds-build-guide/

Not really sure what I should be aiming to get.

If you want to be non-meta, Temporal Blade Trickster rules a lot.

You use Temporal Blade, Borrowed Time, and Knife and blow things up with your big temporal hanzo steel forged in a spacetime over 900 times.

The main mods to have on gear is Untamed Power, Adrenaline, and the three Tier 1 skills with some big defensive boost mods like Emergency Stance and/or Perseverance Shield.
Focus on armor with AP, Cooldown and Skill Life Leech.

On your gun the main thing is some way to get Poison, Bleed, or Burn on something for additional survivability from Skill life leech. (I use the tier 3 mod that poisons things in a radius when you land a crit, other similar effects are prob fine?)

Talent wise you basically just go pure bottom tree and pick up all the +% Anomaly Power on using an ability nodes.

As a note though, Untamed Power does use the Knife Debuff, but using Temporal Blade then immediately pressing Knife solves this because the knife will typically hit immediately before the Blade damage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Been working on my pyromancer most of the day, after deleting all my infinite ammo gear. I'm one part from the firewave set where I can clear t15s considerably slower than my technomancer.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tenzarin posted:

Been working on my pyromancer most of the day, after deleting all my infinite ammo gear. I'm one part from the firewave set where I can clear t15s considerably slower than my technomancer.

What build are you using?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

RatHat posted:

What build are you using?

I got the eruption set so I'm running that with the 2xfirebomb 40% increased damage. And using funeral pyre with fortress and thunderbird with fortress.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mehrunes posted:

shotgun axe

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Built this drat thing for a reason.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

For everyone in expeditions, run Archways of Enoch as much as possible before they go and make the time tighter, it's by far the easiest mission to gold. I just did a gold run on 14 to push myself to CT 15 when I was barely silvering other CT 14 missions.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tenzarin posted:

I got the eruption set so I'm running that with the 2xfirebomb 40% increased damage. And using funeral pyre with fortress and thunderbird with fortress.

Was partied with some guy using the acari set and eruption for single target with very good results. Melted bosses very quickly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Frustrated posted:

For everyone in expeditions, run Archways of Enoch as much as possible before they go and make the time tighter, it's by far the easiest mission to gold. I just did a gold run on 14 to push myself to CT 15 when I was barely silvering other CT 14 missions.

Yup. It's not even close.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I did the whole rushing a tech through on WT1 and trying expeditions thing today. It's not as "lol just do expeditions" as it is made out to be, but the progression feels more like it should be instead of the hellgrind the devs apparently intended.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do on reload effects like that trigger with Perpetuum Mobile?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Don't think so. But first bullet does X does.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I keep trying to explain to my friend who played a Technomancer from the start and nothing else that no other class can melt things like he does and he just doesn't believe it lol. I beat the game last night as Devastator and I think I might just start over now as a Pyromancer or something. Sounds like the Expeditions might just not be worth attempting as Devastator at this point.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
For Pyro does the burning bullets mods heal your Pyro? Or does it not count as a mark? I know volcanic does, I mean the other burning mods (basic, improved)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Tried to run an expedition this morning and both times my pc did an abrupt hard reboot. If the game wasn't so janky I'd suspect a power issue or something but I think I'm going to table this for a while.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Thronde posted:

For Pyro does the burning bullets mods heal your Pyro? Or does it not count as a mark? I know volcanic does, I mean the other burning mods (basic, improved)

I use my ultimate burn to tag some enemies if they're still pretty far and I need some healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Has anyone else noticed an issue where shotguns just... Don't do damage now and then?
I'm using a trickster and I need to experiment more I think but now and then I'll teleport to someone and shoot them with a shotgun after taking a few steps back so I don't shoot past them and... Nothing. I suspected this was due to lag but I'm getting it in single player as well. I haven't encountered this with rapid fire weapons as far as I can tell but maybe now and then a shot from those also doesn't register.
The shotguns already don't do a whole lot of damage and have limited ammo so this just hurts a lot.

It's kind of annoying to play this game now and then. I'm addicted to the melee classes because gotta go fast, but the teleport sometimes just doesn't teleport me despite triggering the cooldown and mod effects on the target, I can't tell which covers I can and can't vault which gets me killed, enemies sometimes not taking damage from shotguns, bad drops and random crashes... It's a lot.
When I tried out the devastator I kept getting stuck in geometry with the leap ability :/