Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SaGa frontier remastered debuts in ten days on the switch and other systems. the original is imo one of the crown jewels of the SaGa games and an unsung masterpiece of the psx, they could have just released it as-is and i probably would have bought it day one. the only problem with the game is that it had a super troubled production and ran out of money (supposedly because ff8 was starting to soak up all of square's pocket cash) so they had to cut a bunch of cool ideas and systems and an entire scenario went down the tubes. now, in the year of our lord 2021, incredible cool-type psycho akitoshi kawazu was able to use the remaster to not only add all the unfinished stuff but also dramatically expand the scope of the game beyond his wildest dreams

CHOOSE FROM SEVEN SCENARIOS, EACH WITH THEIR OWN PROTAGONIST AND PLOT

EXPERIENCE CUT CONTENT AND SEE THE FINISHED GAME AT LONG LAST

THEN, UNLOCK THE MYSTERIOUS CRAZY FUSE AND USE HIM TO EXPLORE WHAT-IF SCENARIOS AND ALTERNATE ENDINGS

UTILIZE NEW FUNCTIONS LIKE "TURBO MODE" AND "ESCAPE FROM BATTLES" TO TURN THE TIDE
https://assets.rpgsite.net/images/images/000/097/244/article/SaGa-Frontier-Remastered_20210325_09.webp

SaGa FRONTIER REMASTERED ON 15th!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

OUR MYSTERIOUS HEROES

T260G

an ancient robot, her past lost, searching for her destiny...

Asellus

a young woman, killed and turned into a half-mystic, trying to escape the thrall of her new master and forge a new path...

Riki

a monster sent on a quest to find rings of power and save their world...

Emelia

a woman framed for the murder of her husband, trying to take down evil organization "Trinity"...

Red

a man thrust into conflict with evil organization BlackX, using the power of the mighty hero Alkaiser...

Lute

a wanderer and adventurer, seeking thrills and playing music wherever he goes...

Blue

the greatest magician of the magic kingdom, sent to learn spells in order to kill his twin brother...

NEW CHARACTER FUSE

the shining star of intergalactic police force "IRPO", who drifts in and out of the other seven stories...

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 5, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

that no battle counter increment on run is really strong, it means you'll never make a wrong move in the Yorkland swamp during the Arcana quest or when you're inside the Tanzer for the rune

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Looking forward to finally completing all scenarios on a single system data file.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

Looking forward to finally completing all scenarios on a single system data file.

i got 5 done as a kid but my memory card corrupted halfway tyhrough asellus and i nearly threw up

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm just wondering if they did bug fixes, specifically the gold exchange and the junk shop stuff that lets you get easy credits.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

less the easy credits and more duping the game into giving out the far more valuable items, so you can tote around HyperionBazookas as soon as you arrive at a realm hub

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

i'm in. big ups to fungah and in training for building hype for the saga series in the jrpg thread. starting scarlet grace after i grab lunch.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Who do I play first?

https://wheeldecide.com/e.php?c1=Lu...eborder=%220%22

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Asellus looks cool :cheersdoge:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Victory Position posted:

that no battle counter increment on run is really strong, it means you'll never make a wrong move in the Yorkland swamp during the Arcana quest or when you're inside the Tanzer for the rune

I can't wait to play and find out whatever the hell any of this means

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Im less hype and more mildly curious. Ill get around to it.someday. goodbye

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

GorfZaplen posted:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

HD Shuzer is hosed up.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

HD Shuzer is hosed up.

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the earth dragon looks so crisp though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V52ILR0PNMs&t=73s

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 7, 2021

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
one of my favorite games on the psx, i am hype

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

do u know jenny posted:

one of my favorite games on the psx, i am hype

This but Legend of Mana

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is the switch version gonna run at 60? i can’t decide what to get this for

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

bump_fn posted:

is the switch version gonna run at 60? i can’t decide what to get this for

Yes. It runs at $60

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

three days left! i'm getting hype by listening to the FF legends ep of retronauts here: https://retronauts.com/article/669/episode-125-unpacks-the-enigma-of-final-fantasy-legend

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
The monster system is so sick in this game. Want mini bosses on your team? poo poo you can have a team of dullahans

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

They released a voiced trailer a few days ago and "BlackX" is supposedly pronounced "Black Cross" so I've been reading it wrong for 20 years.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

They released a voiced trailer a few days ago and "BlackX" is supposedly pronounced "Black Cross" so I've been reading it wrong for 20 years.

what

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Prepare to have your mind blown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8j-nBNkDq4&t=60s

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
χ-blade (pronounced key blade)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Crazy Fuse has a strong Nintendo Power Envelope Art vibe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Is there any indication of new recruitables or abilities? I hope there’s new spell types...

If this is successful maybe they’ll remaster sf2 :pray:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

superloosegoose posted:

Is there any indication of new recruitables or abilities? I hope there’s new spell types...

If this is successful maybe they’ll remaster sf2 :pray:

99% sure I saw Ren in Fuse's party in the trailer, to round out the IRPO team. Might also see more characters recruitable in more scenarios, thought I read something to that effect.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

loved this games music hope it isnt messed with too much

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

loved this games music hope it isnt messed with too much

apparently they didnt touch it other than getting kenji ito back to write a fee new tracks for fuse

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
to the tune of Take Me Home, Country Roads

its almost out here
SaGa Frontier
Kawazu is
a motherfucking genius

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

to the tune of Take Me Home, Country Roads

its almost out here