Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://disgaearpg.boltrend.com/en/home

Download here:
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/disgaea-rpg/id1527040780
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boltrend.disgaea.en

This is the mobile gacha game that released in 2019 in Japan that nearly bankrupt the Disgaea devs and killed the series for good. A few years later, it is now out in America, and Disgaea 6 is just around the corner in America after being out since last year in Japan for PS4/5, and Switch.

It's your typical gacha, you know exactly what to expect, all of these games are exactly the same, but this has all of the grinding, the item shop, item world, reincarnating, and stat boosting from the Disgaea games. You bring 5 characters into a battle, along with another players main character, and it plays out like a turn-based RPG. No turn-based strategy where you move characters around a board here that made Disgaea so popular and good though, so that is hugely disappointing. This is a fast character grinding RPG with the Disgaea aesthetic, so it might not appeal to many of the more hardcore fans. But being a hardcore fan of the series myself, this still doesn't bother me personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m here for the anime

I also appreciate how they made fun of the fans who hates the female version of Laharl lol

The game seems really well done so far though. The animations are top notch.

Also this is for anyone new who didn’t see it in the other thread

My friend code is 53911585069

Menu - other - serial code

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

My disgaea friend ID is 10415353015 , IGN Michie.

Five more codes:

RR5nGuVaFi

h3WQ5FT9Kw

gYKa4jrEqf

nuWJYU26xH

e7Ef24eVfC

K7uU7d6zkQ

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 13, 2021

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Make sure you pick 4x 2* Thieves during the tutorial party setup when rerolling. They have +3% treasure chest drop chance, which stacks.

edit: the login servers seem to be getting hammered so maybe don't log out if you're playing already

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 13, 2021

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Gyoru posted:

Make sure you pick 4x 2* Thieves during the tutorial party setup when rerolling. They have +3% treasure chest drop chance, which stacks.

edit: the login servers seem to be getting hammered so maybe don't log out if you're playing already

Wish I'd known that, ah well.

My ID is 10179726852. We'll see if this can keep my attention or if it gets too greedy.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Game is good so far. I feel like if you were going to make a Disgaea mobile gacha game then this is pretty much what you’d want it to look like. I understand people that don’t like the loss of the tactics gameplay but I think Disgaea with its geopanels and throwing and whatnot would be too much to deal with mobile so I’m cool with it.

I don’t know how I feel about the lack of pvp, guilds, or some groupplay worldboss thing. Not sure of the staying power without some of those more social features that feel standard for the genre at this point but I’m giving it a chance

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Hunter Noventa posted:

Wish I'd known that, ah well.
Same...

My ID: 60822139826

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Game is good so far. I feel like if you were going to make a Disgaea mobile gacha game then this is pretty much what you’d want it to look like. I understand people that don’t like the loss of the tactics gameplay but I think Disgaea with its geopanels and throwing and whatnot would be too much to deal with mobile so I’m cool with it.

I don’t know how I feel about the lack of pvp, guilds, or some groupplay worldboss thing. Not sure of the staying power without some of those more social features that feel standard for the genre at this point but I’m giving it a chance

I believe someone on the discord mentioned there are raid bosses that multiple folks can beat up (one shared health bar) but not 100% on that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hy_C posted:

I believe someone on the discord mentioned there are raid bosses that multiple folks can beat up (one shared health bar) but not 100% on that.

Which discord are y’all using?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Bunch of info in this beginner's guide. It's based on the JP version so some things like how to reroll are wrong

Unit stats/banner groupings

this is the official discord: https://discord.com/invite/MNEsxez

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
My friend ID is 11844971000 (Snap) but might be full until I rank up again.

Noel with the free staff is an AoE machine. I much prefer her to desco who tends to act last. Flying through the Christmas even on easy until the lvl 150 stage kicked my butt.

Is Rosaline good? Thought about dropping a buck for her then saw it gives you 48 premium currency when the cheapest draw takes 50 which is pretty lame.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kyoujin posted:

My friend ID is 11844971000 (Snap) but might be full until I rank up again.

Noel with the free staff is an AoE machine. I much prefer her to desco who tends to act last. Flying through the Christmas even on easy until the lvl 150 stage kicked my butt.

Is Rosaline good? Thought about dropping a buck for her then saw it gives you 48 premium currency when the cheapest draw takes 50 which is pretty lame.

Fwiw there is a $3.99 pack that gives you a guaranteed 4* and other stuff. I think that’s the best deal tbh

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

jp tier list

This game is about your team comp synergy instead of just having one meta unit carry everything. That said the best futureproof reroll targets are:
- Laharl (strong nuker with a universal team stat boost)
- Valvatorez (strong nuker with a big atk boost to sword wielders)
- Desco (low SP cost AOE for fast farming or as an attack booster in all monster parties)

These 3 are still S tier (SS is the highest) on the JP tier list

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 16, 2021

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Which discord are y’all using?

I got it from the official discord.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Intrigued...

Is there any of the Disgaea synergy/teamup/crazy combo flavor, or is this just Disgaea sprites on a generic line-up-and-attack-till-dead RPG?

Is there any re-rolling, or is that just for JP servers?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Cobalt-60 posted:

Intrigued...

Is there any of the Disgaea synergy/teamup/crazy combo flavor, or is this just Disgaea sprites on a generic line-up-and-attack-till-dead RPG?

Is there any re-rolling, or is that just for JP servers?

you can reroll , though its not really necessary.

you'll get to perpetually roll your first 4* till you get the one you want then the first couple days worth of content craps currency on you, youll be able to roll a ton and the pools are pretty small , with relatively (to other gacha) good percentages at the moment.

games fun, I downloaded it cause I loved disgaea, and its a good mix of disgaea and bullshit mobile gacha.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Man item world on legendary items can autoadvance for a looooooong time.

Not sure yet if there’s any way to merge or level up innocents. Want to stack up all these %xp innocents for a while

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Fwiw there is a $3.99 pack that gives you a guaranteed 4* and other stuff. I think that’s the best deal tbh

Thanks for this. For $3.50 I got Rozaline, Mao from ticket draw, almost 200 paid crystals, and a bunch of skip tickets. Good way to support disgaea game without supporting horrible gatcha prices.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still making my way through the main storyline, getting my party members up to level 200. Waiting for that moment that exists in all gacha games, where you get brick walled and making progress becomes extremely slow and very difficult. Glad that so far it hasn't happened yet.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Still making my way through the main storyline, getting my party members up to level 200. Waiting for that moment that exists in all gacha games, where you get brick walled and making progress becomes extremely slow and very difficult. Glad that so far it hasn't happened yet.

You can completely break the early to mid game once you unlock item world, if you get stuck / are into that. It doesnt require any stamina or resources to run... so you can take a team of level 1 prinny into an item world and repeatedly die for about half a day to unlock the entire suite of infirmary achievements, which include powerful hp boosting armors. You can then toss those on the christmas event welfare unit Noel or any other unit with a heal x% at start of turn evility passive, and effectively full heal your entire party for free every turn.. Think 250k health level 1 Noel that heals your entire team for 15k every time she gets a turn.

Hi fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 14, 2021

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
That is ridiculous... Perfect for disgaea.

I've been farming Xmas Hater (boss) on easy for exp and points after reincarnation. Not sure how points work but if the first round is prinnies, I get 900+ before bonus but if not it's only 200ish. Seems to be prinnies more often than not though.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Kyoujin posted:

That is ridiculous... Perfect for disgaea.

I've been farming Xmas Hater (boss) on easy for exp and points after reincarnation. Not sure how points work but if the first round is prinnies, I get 900+ before bonus but if not it's only 200ish. Seems to be prinnies more often than not though.

base points allegedly (based on jp version of the event) increase by a few points each progressive stage in the event, with huge jumps between easy / normal / hard difficulties.. like first board is I think 30 base on easy, 360 on normal and over 700 ? on hard.

The catch is, the scaling gets nuts. the third to last mission in easy is level 96, the second is level97, the last mission of easy is level 150, and the first mission of normal is level 300.

If you can do first mission of normal it blows away anything in easy, but its a big jump up

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A reminder that there are missions for beating 80 dark gates for each section and the rewards are tons of high grade reincarnation items, during the two week period. It kind of gets hidden away with all the stuff the game throws at you. I would use some keys if it gets you close enough to reincarnating.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

What's the recommended use for the Etna dupes? Just NE her? or save one to uncap her?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I think I semi-lucksacked the hell out some rolls.

I started with Laharl as my gimme, bought the 3.99 for Rosalie and got a Mao out of that ticket. Did a regular roll and got Another Mao, a Sicily and 2x Raspberyl then did a second Roll and got a Kilia, another Flonne and Seraphina. I know for sheer volume its great but idk how useful they all??? If someone could give me a rundown that'd be cool

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mix. posted:

What's the recommended use for the Etna dupes? Just NE her? or save one to uncap her?
Go with NE.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Mix. posted:

NE until she's capped out. It feels like the rainbow prinny's/dupes will be harder to come by than smashing normal prinnys together. Especially since it's not like E7 where you have to drag them around before you feed them to other units.

Also player ID: 80900933585

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know this is the mobile game thread, but of the Disgaeas on PC, which would you recommend for a newbie to the world? I'm playing the mobile game pretty blind but enjoy it so far.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I know this is the mobile game thread, but of the Disgaeas on PC, which would you recommend for a newbie to the world? I'm playing the mobile game pretty blind but enjoy it so far.

Probably 5.

It’s also on gamepass if you have it.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
5 is the most complex, but it's the most robust.
1 is the simplest, although it's more difficult (or maybe I just wasn't as good at it).

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Make sure to get the complete edition if you go before 5. They backported some quality of life features like the cheat shop into the earlier games in those versions

There’s also a Disgaea on iOS that has weird stuff like autobattle

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

Make sure to get the complete edition if you go before 5. They backported some quality of life features like the cheat shop into the earlier games in those versions

There’s also a Disgaea on iOS that has weird stuff like autobattle

Disgaea 6 is adding auto battle as well, but it won't be on PC or mobile (just PS4/Switch).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
So what's the best use of Mana from Reincarnation?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

MotU posted:

So what's the best use of Mana from Reincarnation?

The character's main damage stat (ATK or INT) is the safe option. Leveling their main weapon mastery/forte is another once they're capped at lv10, but keep in mind WM upgrades are permanent.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 14, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Nice, just got a random 4* in the normal ten pull, it's cool that they fake you out on the platform i was like whaaaat?

I got Cecily, who is apparently Laharl's little sister. So now I have a full 4 star team and everyone but her has been reincarnated once

This has been one of the easier gacha games to grok and know what you should be doing at any given time

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Finally able to get back in.

Friend Code: 41532207637

Also, here's all the codes for the game, as of 4/14/21:
RR5nGuVaFi
gYKa4jrEqf
nuWJYU26xH
e7Ef24eVfC
K7uU7d6zkQ
h3WQ5FT9Kw
KsYyRtAUfe
73rss7mw9i

They're not case sensitive.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Seeing Mr. Champloo turn up in the first chapter made my day. Dude was my favourite of the D3 cast so seeing him this early on is great.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I now have a 4-star Prinny.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I randomly got Mao from the free daily single pull today, so that's nice.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I wish the 4x voices in battle were pitched normally or something other than what they are because jesus christ

edit:

look at this unit

smarxist fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

There's an option in the settings while in battle to use fixed voice pitches