Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!
Ah NYC is reopening, it seems. Glad his shop isn't closed forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

There is however a 700+ thread in Business about why working retail sucks.

Retail's not too bad honestly. There's at least a good 10% of my shift or so where I'm not thinking about how I'd rather be dead than here.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also true of foodservice.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Julet Esqu posted:

I've been calling those things old lady radar hats for so long, I completely forgot I got that from Cul De Sac.

Blah blah and they get in and it's decorated fancy and not like pirates, WE KNOW.

Anyway, it's normal in Luann to start a story and let it go for two weeks and then leave it hanging so that Team Evans can run off and do sections of a few other stories before eventually coming back. But they started this one and then spent one week on the Luann's Mom Got Flirted With non-story before coming straight back to this. Why bother? It served no purpose at all, except to let the air out of the balloon.

I think the "Mom gets flirted with" storyline was a repeat from a few years ago, just posted in this thread, not currently running in newspapers. But gently caress if I'm gonna go check.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

And after I finished doing her, I came home.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Flossing with good posture has always made me laugh, that panel gets stuck in my head to this day. And the first mention of Jeremy’s older brother! (who will briefly appear in this first year or so of Zits before getting banished to the Memory Hole for being boring af).
And Hector’s first appearance, in his old character design! The glasses and center part are EXTREMELY 90s, I love it.

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 19, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

About the first one, well...

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Kennel posted:

About the first one, well...

Lol yup.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Consi- Conci- Conscientious Moomins

In which Moominpappa is introduced to the concept of mortality.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"Listen to me, Dad: You need to abandon this family. Walking out of here and never returning is the one dream shared between us all."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

Tina's Groove Classic (August 3, 2009)

Vodka Marzu.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

In today's Blueberry: Blueberry's still a man on a mission, or We meet the ancestor of Jay Leno and Bruce Campbell, or O'Reilly jinxes it

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

There is however a 700+ thread in Business about why working retail sucks.

I knew I should have waited until more people woke up :mad:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Sep. 17, 1944)

The Medieval Castle (Sep. 17, 1944)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Every Gawain centered Prince Val arc is so good.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

:3:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm glad Curtis' barber is trans-inclusive.

:emptyquote:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Usually the fight scenes in Modesty Blaise are pretty alright, but just look at Modesty doing a Swan Lake kick in the second to last panel.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Awwww :3:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (July 13, 1991)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Very rude to Ming

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (July 13, 1991)

Hey Anja what the gently caress.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (July 13, 1991)

What ever the gently caress, lady? I mean, I already knew you were a so-so parent, but. Holy poo poo.

Your child is missing. Literally, as far as you know, no one knows where he is. He might be in trouble. He might have fallen down a well, or be lost in the woods, or gotten run over by a car, or whatever. And you're just leaving? You're just leaving??? "Oh I'm gonna miss my plane" THE PLANE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE WITH YOUR CHILD. THAT PLANE. YOU'RE LEAVING ON YOUR OWN. WITHOUT KNOWING IF YOUR CHILD IS ALRIGHT.

Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

e. No joke, I'm legit upset right now. Unironically super mad at Anja. What the gently caress?

Mikl fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 13, 2021

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I have a question about the most recent Tackleford thing, what happened to Shauna that she's no longer hanging around Lottie and Mildred?

Someone in this thread once said the little ghost wisps coming from their mouths was supposed to indicate that it was cold. I accepted it at the time, but it's now mid-April, there's green grass on the ground, and there's still ghost wisps coming from their mouths. So it clearly isn't supposed to indicate that it's cold, so what the gently caress are they?

According to Larson he realized after this was published that the caption didn't add anything to the cartoon and kind of regrets putting it there.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have a question about the most recent Tackleford thing, what happened to Shauna that she's no longer hanging around Lottie and Mildred?

If I recall correctly from the last time this story came around, the answer to that will soon be revealed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

According to Larson he realized after this was published that the caption didn't add anything to the cartoon and kind of regrets putting it there.

I fell like this could be said for a lot of Far Sides

Snakes at the Mall or whatever, like yeah we get it lol

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (July 13, 1991)

First panel, third row tells Anja that Mikko is deliberate hiding, and he will come out once she is gone.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I fell like this could be said for a lot of Far Sides

Snakes at the Mall or whatever, like yeah we get it lol

On the other hand, Cow Tools.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Johnny Aztec posted:

First panel, third row tells Anja that Mikko is deliberate hiding, and he will come out once she is gone.
Yeah but to be fair Mikko is like, what, 3 years old? I guess maybe 4-5 if school is being talked about? Sari isn't much older, Mikko could have very easily picked a horrible and dangerous hiding spot.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The Ghost Who Keeps A Special Backdrop For Zoom Meetings So People Don't Know He Lives In A Cave

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I agree that Anja's being a terrible mother, but I'm just as :wtc:-ing at Sulo and Anni being just as horrible here. They see where Mikko's hiding and their first thought is to be happy they can keep him for a while longer, not immediately return him to the distraught mother. gently caress, Anja hasn't been gone for more than a few minutes, they could still totally catch her if they want to. I don't know if the characters were always meant to be flawed or not, but this slide to misery has painted a lot of previously charming characters into huge jerks.

PetraCore posted:

Yeah but to be fair Mikko is like, what, 3 years old? I guess maybe 4-5 if school is being talked about? Sari isn't much older, Mikko could have very easily picked a horrible and dangerous hiding spot.

The trunk of a car is actually a pretty dangerous place for a kid to hide. It has poor ventilation and can get to high temperatures which can result in heatstroke, especially with the comic showing us it's a sunny day. The comic's also been published in 1991, so it's not yet a standard feature for vehicles to have a glow-in-the-dark car trunk release. Depending on how long he's been hidden in there, Mikko being asleep in the trunk could be a serious warning sign.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

PetraCore posted:

I have no idea how old he is supposed to be, I was thinking 5-6

amigolupus posted:

The trunk of a car is actually a pretty dangerous place for a kid to hide. It has poor ventilation and can get to high temperatures which can result in heatstroke, especially with the comic showing us it's a sunny day. The comic's also been published in 1991, so it's not yet a standard feature for vehicles to have a glow-in-the-dark car trunk release. Depending on how long he's been hidden in there, Mikko being asleep in the trunk could be a serious warning sign.

He's been in there all of 10 minutes maybe, if even that. He left Anja's yard, went over there, told whatsherface to relate the message when they came around. It hasn't been long.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Deathless Deer 11/12-14/42

How does the falcon keep his little crown on?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Johnny Aztec posted:

I have no idea how old he is supposed to be, I was thinking 5-6

Finnish school starts at age of seven, so panel 2 would imply him being six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mikl posted:

What ever the gently caress, lady? I mean, I already knew you were a so-so parent, but. Holy poo poo.

Your child is missing. Literally, as far as you know, no one knows where he is. He might be in trouble. He might have fallen down a well, or be lost in the woods, or gotten run over by a car, or whatever. And you're just leaving? You're just leaving??? "Oh I'm gonna miss my plane" THE PLANE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE WITH YOUR CHILD. THAT PLANE. YOU'RE LEAVING ON YOUR OWN. WITHOUT KNOWING IF YOUR CHILD IS ALRIGHT.

Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

e. No joke, I'm legit upset right now. Unironically super mad at Anja. What the gently caress?

Anja set it up all along. Talked about it when the boy was around about what could go wrong.

“Now son you better be ready to in the morning. No hiding! Or I might have to leave you behind hahaha wouldn’t that be funny. You’d have to stay with your uncle and auntie hahah”

Either way she’s a horrible mother.