Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
i just started playing through Dishonored 2 no-powers but as an utter poo poo who murders everyone and the game *immediately* picks up on your assholish behaviour. I thought it just affected the ending story and how randos respond to you, but even just on the first proper mission, the docks and Addamire Institute are even more hosed up. Man I wish these guys did the Deus Ex remakes.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

toiletbrush posted:

i just started playing through Dishonored 2 no-powers but as an utter poo poo who murders everyone and the game *immediately* picks up on your assholish behaviour. I thought it just affected the ending story and how randos respond to you, but even just on the first proper mission, the docks and Addamire Institute are even more hosed up. Man I wish these guys did the Deus Ex remakes.

Have you played Prey yet? It's been everything I dreamed it would be.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you can literally do things like this irl with VR, which is why it rules

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

shoeberto posted:

Have you played Prey yet? It's been everything I dreamed it would be.
yeah, i liked a lot of it but found the enemies really unfun and irritating to fight. I know it's a great game, it just didn't click with me at all for some reason.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

toiletbrush posted:

yeah, i liked a lot of it but found the enemies really unfun and irritating to fight. I know it's a great game, it just didn't click with me at all for some reason.

That's fair, the enemies are really annoying. I think they tried to make the combat dynamic with the whole combo thing but weapon switching is too sluggish so it always feels like a chore. I love everything else though.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

toiletbrush posted:

did you play just the demo because apparently they're way more annoying in the demo than the main game. iirc that was my experience

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the enemies in prey were super irritating and why i stopped playing

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

did you play just the demo because apparently they're way more annoying in the demo than the main game. iirc that was my experience
no it was full game. Enemies that teleport, shapeshift or go invisible are always the ones I hate in other games and in Prey thats like half the roster, plus fighting black splurges of ink just wasn't fun for me.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
come on down to prey, we got: coffee

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i liked prey a bunch and i dont remember having issues with the enemies.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
the enemies in prey rule, especially the former transtar employees that walk around saying creepy poo poo. "They want to live inside us! Like a disease!"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prey is real good and creepy but it gets a bit too easy and non-scary once you get the level 3 brain exploder.

still goty though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTS7PdJopQ

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

toiletbrush posted:

no it was full game. Enemies that teleport, shapeshift or go invisible are always the ones I hate in other games and in Prey thats like half the roster, plus fighting black splurges of ink just wasn't fun for me.
i get it. i bounced off it hard at first and was more successful the second time. not for the enemies but for my holy quest to recycle the entire world

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QOy76SCChM

:eyepop: That's impressive for a mod (doubly so for it being free) and how well it ties in to the base sim. I bet that plus 'look anywhere' VR would be very fun to fly.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Prey: mooncrash is also really good.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

monster hunter rise is really fun yall

stabbing dinosaurs is cool. try it

my next hunt is a giant bunny monster that throws snowballs. im gonna stab it with my sword and my dog will bite it and my cat will be a stupid useless cat idk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

toiletbrush posted:

thinking about getting my hand slapped for being too gung-ho about shooting enemies in deus ex :allears:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my first time through i figured i should deal with the terrorist commander first and then come back for gunther hermann, and i was kind of hurt that he was so pissy about it. it was a sound tactical decision you big baby

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eByKuI7_F7g

i am hype

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
heck yeah

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've had the early access version for over a year and deliberately haven't played it since they put in the story because i don't want to spoil it.

part of me wishes i could wipe out my entire knowledge of the game though to discover all the mechanics anew. sigh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
same but 2 years ago and i havent played it at all.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

same, I bought it EA and dicked around a little before they had the truck or w/e and then never played it or looked at any media about it at all. ready 2 subnautica

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i only played early access for about 20 minutes, but i will tell you that those sea monkeys are real, they will steal your hard-earned poo poo, and if you ever see them put away whatever it is you're carrying

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

yes yes yes yesss

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'll play that i guess

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ea play is available to game pass subscribers now so I thought I'd try out battlefield V well it turns out you have to get a new ea desktop client called ea desktop. you can't run it and origin at the same time. and it doesn't have all the games origin has what the gently caress, this is some google -rear end product strategy. not to mention there's another more expensive tier of ea play that you need to get newer games, who the hell is subscribing to that

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

ea play is available to game pass subscribers now so I thought I'd try out battlefield V well it turns out you have to get a new ea desktop client called ea desktop. you can't run it and origin at the same time. and it doesn't have all the games origin has what the gently caress, this is some google -rear end product strategy. not to mention there's another more expensive tier of ea play that you need to get newer games, who the hell is subscribing to that

game pass on xbone does not have these problems

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I already have a PC why would I get a shittier PC

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah I looked at that while installing forza horizon 4, it's kinda neat I guess. looking forward to not having to buy battlefield 6 at least whenever it comes out

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/bigquigley/status/1380782186744446977

HOW GIRL GET PRA:ovr:NENT??

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Hahahaha

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

holy lmao

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yahoo answers full stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/981926581

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

goin through some bookmarked tweets...

https://twitter.com/AverageJoeSFM/status/1242987667320643584

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this was such a good game

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

pre:
                  You Have Been Insulted By:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++                                  +++++
++++  #### ##### ##### ## ## ##   ####  ++++
+++    ##  ## ## ##    ## ## ##    ##    +++
++     ##  ## ## ##### ## ## ##    ##     ++
+      ##  ## ##    ## ## ## ##    ##      +
+     #### ## ## ##### ##### ##### ##      + 
+                                          +
+             ##### ##### ####             +
+             ##  # ## ##  ##              +
+             ####  ## ##  ##              +
++            ##  # ## ##  ##             ++
+++           ##### #####  ##            +++
++++                                    ++++
+++++        Sponsored By RobCo        +++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeoGNr_4zrA

ran into this guy in a random encounter last night and lmao'ed

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol that fucker snuck up on me while i was trying to clear the general's steakhouse of super mutants

fully cornered me with an insult then the noise drew half the building when i let a round off