Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Those comics are dumb but I miss the days of people putting that much effort into something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"say what you will about the zodiac killer, he had an ethos"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Heath posted:

Those comics are dumb but I miss the days of people putting that much effort into something

You think farting so hard multiple people throw up doesn't take effort?

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Thanks!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Don't forget you have Elise the Great who never did do a book but has incredibly interesting entertaining stories Plus big peelers original zoo stuff is killer it's funny. I was also entertained by Joey Vapes toward the beginning before he got way out there.

Of course I'm biased but people that gave a lot of effort shouldn't be mocked quite so hard I think just saying. Effort threads are good and rare now

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Spinz posted:

Don't forget you have Elise the Great who never did do a book but has incredibly interesting entertaining stories Plus big peelers original zoo stuff is killer it's funny. I was also entertained by Joey Vapes toward the beginning before he got way out there.

Of course I'm biased but people that gave a lot of effort shouldn't be mocked quite so hard I think just saying. Effort threads are good and rare now

Joey Vapes would have been fine if he had just rolled with the punches when FYAD invaded his thread. Instead he got all mad that they were making fun of his stories.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Antivehicular posted:

It's still alive in GBS in every thread about farts, where everybody's dropping farts that clear out crowded rooms, make multiple people vomit, etc. (That, or maybe I've just lived a charmed life re: farts in my vicinity?)

If you've ever lived with someone with an ostomy and a c. diff infection, you know the kind of horrible spectres of gastric malfeasance people can get up to. I've smelled dead bodies that were positively piquant in comparison.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Edgecrusher, I think.

Edgecrusher's stories were mostly about stealing stuff.

I'm pretty sure I read the thread they're talking about it was like ridiculous teenage gang war and the Op was able to expertly dismantle people in fights. I think it ended with his rivals framing him for murder so he had to get a new identity and flee(??), it was basically an anime plotline.

Edit: Rereading the Edgecrusher thread I think you may be right and I'm the one thinking of a different thread

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Apr 14, 2021

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Marcade posted:

If you've ever lived with someone with an ostomy and a c. diff infection, you know the kind of horrible spectres of gastric malfeasance people can get up to. I've smelled dead bodies that were positively piquant in comparison.

Oh, sure. I've never doubted the Health Care Stories Thread's tales of hell-stench, just your average GBS "I had pizza and beer at lunch, and that afternoon I farted so bad that everyone puked and some lady straight-up died, and they had to replace all the interior walls in the office because the fart sunk into the drywall" story. Medical smells are their own terrible thing.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Antivehicular posted:

It's still alive in GBS in every thread about farts, where everybody's dropping farts that clear out crowded rooms, make multiple people vomit, etc. (That, or maybe I've just lived a charmed life re: farts in my vicinity?)

friend, you may have lived a charmed life

someone i knew, someone with real bad lifelong GI issues, was trying out new meds and did actually clear out a small fast food joint with a silent killer once... but that's it, that's the story - the gbs 1.0 version of that story would tell it like the fart's shockwaves blew out windows and it was smelt up all the way in valhalla, like, yggdrasil's wilting, freyr's crying, heimdallr's confused and blasting the last trumpet, odin's blind in both eyes now and everyone's blaming loki who's just going :drat: at the chaos, etc

it can definitely be fun sometimes, but it was eventually super overused when everyone got to doing it, there's lots of other ways to write funny stories but i guess there was too much fixation on that one way for a time, posts in other styles would get swept up like users have complained itt, and when the tallest tales stopped being the flavor of the month there was a void

hard counter has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Apr 14, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hub Cat posted:

I'm pretty sure I read the thread they're talking about it was like ridiculous teenage gang war and the Op was able to expertly dismantle people in fights. I think it ended with his rivals framing him for murder so he had to get a new identity and flee(??), it was basically an anime plotline.

You sure it was e/n? I did something similar when I was 12, breathlessly reciting the stories I was told by middle schoolers. Would've been around 2011 or so. :v:

I'm very glad most of the dumb teenager stuff I posted was here and not facebook or something.

If it was me, humper monkey was definitely an inspiration.

It's been so long, was humper monkey/50 ft ant also the guy who talked about fostering or adopting a problem child that thought he was vegeta? It was also probably bullshit but it was very gripping at the time. :v:

Acerbatus has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Apr 14, 2021

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Does anyone remember CGI Bin Laden's story about eating a bunch of cherries and making GBS threads himself at work? Good times

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Acerbatus posted:

It's been so long, was humper monkey/50 ft ant also the guy who talked about fostering or adopting a problem child that thought he was vegeta? It was also probably bullshit but it was very gripping at the time. :v:

Humper monkey had the dbz child, he pretended he did not know anime because he was a huge man's man who don't do nerd poo poo and eat raw bacon all the time, but somehow understood every single anime reference the kid made

He "died" and 50 foot ant, the "nephew", took over. One of his finest ghost stories involved a fridge left open overnight, which miraculously created an ice trail on the kitchen floor, which anybody who said was implausible was shouted down for spoiling the best writing in the forums, just second to that bees dude who was a car jockey in a hotel but also a fat James Bond

Also featured a series of stories of the world's most misogynistic nerd(s) in the tabletop gaming store, where he would heroically destroy the nerd with his incredible one liners and maybe a kick or two, the nerd will poo poo themselves while he kisses his hot pregnant wife while the shop owner congratulates him for being a bad rear end with a hot wife

People got sick of his stdh which kept taking over threads, he went to creative convention and wrote a new series of military ghost stories that pretended to have some legitimacy at first until it became Alien but a sentient mountain

Self published his books with creepy poser models on the cover featuring a bad rear end in a trench coat and dark glasses. Never got a publishing deal I think, he blanked his posts to sell his self published stuff

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Acerbatus posted:

You sure it was e/n? I did something similar when I was 12, breathlessly reciting the stories I was told by middle schoolers. Would've been around 2011 or so. :v:

I'm very glad most of the dumb teenager stuff I posted was here and not facebook or something.

If it was me, humper monkey was definitely an inspiration.

I can't remember where I read it tbh :shrug: but 2011 sounds like the right timeframe. Would be funny to close the loop on this.

Yeah it was HumperMonkey that had the Dbz kid:Every Family Has It's Trash, I Guess...

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scarodactyl posted:

I know a lot of people liked 50footant stories but the ones I have read mostly just annoyed me. He alao edited a lot of his posts blank at some point which is against the Poster's Ethos.

He changed his username at one point, too, so that might be part of why it's hard to track down the old posts. The posts are under "Nostalgia4ColdWar" now. I noticed that when I went looking for his tabletop gaming stories about how he, his hot (so pregnant) wife, his wife's hot ex-military friend, and another ex-military guy they knew would all style on a bloated, incompetent game store owner he called "Fatback" and composite character of every negative game store patron stereotype called "Stan"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2834527&userid=116143

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3198150&userid=116143

God I forgot how dumb this was:

quote:

Missy had nice tits. Real nice tits. The kind that fit perfectly in your hand, that if you opened your fingers the nipple would stick out just past your finger, and when she was excited, they were about the size of a dime and red.

Missy and my wife were best friends from Desert Storm and Fort Hood.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nuns with Guns posted:

Missy had nice tits. Real nice tits. The kind that fit perfectly in your hand, that if you opened your fingers the nipple would stick out just past your finger, and when she was excited, they were about the size of a dime and red.

This has big "never touched a breast" energy

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The idea of a breast "fitting perfectly into your hand" is a weirdly specific trope I remember coming up whenever someone described perfect tits on the internet. Big Maddox vibes from that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

quote:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hub Cat posted:

If it's the same thread In thinking of it was in A/T and featured a story of how a goon claiming to have also been a gang member had to escape from a cage because a rival gang was going to use her as a sex slave or something.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

What is the, "I Love You" sound.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Solice Kirsk posted:

If it's the same thread In thinking of it was in A/T and featured a story of how a goon claiming to have also been a gang member had to escape from a cage because a rival gang was going to use her as a sex slave or something.

And she somehow got rich selling silver?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

[/quote]

"Do Not Hit With Bat"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nuns with Guns posted:

He changed his username at one point, too, so that might be part of why it's hard to track down the old posts. The posts are under "Nostalgia4ColdWar" now. I noticed that when I went looking for his tabletop gaming stories about how he, his hot (so pregnant) wife, his wife's hot ex-military friend, and another ex-military guy they knew would all style on a bloated, incompetent game store owner he called "Fatback" and composite character of every negative game store patron stereotype called "Stan"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2834527&userid=116143

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3198150&userid=116143

God I forgot how dumb this was:

This is my first exposure to these and I would like anyone who praised this guy in that thread to be tracked down and euthanized. Jeffrey get to work

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Peachfart posted:

"Do Not Hit With Bat"

Well that's just good advice in general.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shellception posted:

This probably came up in another iteration of this thread, but wasn't there someone (and not a writer superstar I think) that came up with a e/n thread about being in a youth gang years ago and it ended up with them being some kind of kid superhero beating up rival gangs' members? I seem to recall something and that it was farfetched even by mid-late 00's SA threads. I think they got laughed out of their own thread.

My favorite part of that thread was when everyone started dunking on Edgecrusher, and M R CRACKER came into the thread and started posting just completely idiotic stories about being in a gang. Like joining the army and taking mushrooms before killing and eating Saddam Hussein.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

And she somehow got rich selling silver?

Maybe. I just remember her stories getting more and more ridiculous and I left the thread.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Peachfart posted:

"Do Not Hit With Bat"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Looks like someone made a new gangtag

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Gang tag gang tag gang tag

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gang tag gang tag gang tag

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd opt in for that gang tag if it actually becomes one. I lost all of mine buying back my old avatar.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Twitch posted:

My favorite part of that thread was when everyone started dunking on Edgecrusher, and M R CRACKER came into the thread and started posting just completely idiotic stories about being in a gang. Like joining the army and taking mushrooms before killing and eating Saddam Hussein.

Speaking of MR CRACKER, he wrote a book too, but it was under a slightly different name than that. Anyone happen to remember what it was? Apparently there's a band called Mr. Cracker and my google-fu has been defeated.

Also, some people here were real mad that he wrote a book for some reason, if i recall correctly.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

a kitten posted:

Speaking of MR CRACKER, he wrote a book too, but it was under a slightly different name than that. Anyone happen to remember what it was? Apparently there's a band called Mr. Cracker and my google-fu has been defeated.

Also, some people here were real mad that he wrote a book for some reason, if i recall correctly.

The book is called "Veins" and the author is "Drew" and it is very good if you like weird outsider literature.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

Oh, sure. I've never doubted the Health Care Stories Thread's tales of hell-stench, just your average GBS "I had pizza and beer at lunch, and that afternoon I farted so bad that everyone puked and some lady straight-up died, and they had to replace all the interior walls in the office because the fart sunk into the drywall" story. Medical smells are their own terrible thing.

One of my friends in high school had gone lactose intolerant without knowing it, and his post-pizza dumps were bad enough one time that we all had to wait in my yard for the smell to clear. Some people have one-in-a-million hosed up guts.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

The book is called "Veins" and the author is "Drew" and it is very good if you like weird outsider literature.

Ah gently caress! I thought he might have been the Toothpaste for Dinner guy, but was worried my memory was conflating some things. Thank you!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

a kitten posted:

Ah gently caress! I thought he might have been the Toothpaste for Dinner guy, but was worried my memory was conflating some things. Thank you!

I'm not sure if i'm reading your post wrong but it IS the Toothpaste for Dinner guy. Your memory is not faulty. I make no claims re: the rest of your brain however.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

I'm not sure if i'm reading your post wrong but it IS the Toothpaste for Dinner guy. Your memory is not faulty. I make no claims re: the rest of your brain however.

Bad phrasing on my part. My memory was good, but i wrote it off because it seemed unlikely.

However, i did just learn that he was also KOMPRESSOR and that makes me happy enough to forget about second-guessing myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Does anybody have a link to Hot Bread? I can find quotes but not the original thread

M R Cracker posted:

I got a crock pot on Friday (garbage day and someone threw it.) One tip I have is to put newspaper inside it, so when your recipe is done, you just throw the wet paper, and you don't have to clean the pot. It saves a lot on water.

Today I did Hot Bread, great for dinner. You put water in the bottom, and then you put Roman Meal, so you get whole grains. Turn it on in the morning. By dinner time it's really hot and moist. I can get 2 meals of Hot Bread out of 1 loaf. (The second half is breakfast for tomorrow. Work fuel.)

M R Cracker posted:

I figured out today that you can put food and it stays hot, like a heat lamp, so it's good all day. I put Chicken Tenders in it when I got home today and the crock pot keeps it warm all night. You don't have to swallow them all at once to get a hot meal. With the crock pot, you have a warm snack when you want.

Can you put 2 crock pots at once? If I get another I would put mayo in it, and chicken in the other, so I can fill it and have a great meal any time. You wake up at 3am and you need a snack to relax from dreaming, so you grab a hot chicken with good hot dip. It makes your whole life better.