Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I watched Game Grumps play this, but I've never played it myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQedfsvdMAI

good bark bytes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now play divinity 2, you get a horse in that one

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just finished sonic's radical train and honestly it was kind of exhilarating. a fellow forums poster described sonic 06 as a game where you are constantly on the verge of death at all times and i don't disagree

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

I’m not sure what bingo square this corresponds to, because Divine Divinity isn’t particularly undiscovered, nor is it a bad game, not at all. But it’s… underbaked. It has Diablo 2-style fast-paced combat, only jankier. It has a Morrowind-style sandbox to explore, only more barebones. And I really, really, like it

It’s an ambitious open-world top-down RPG, whose first couple of hours are spent inside a cramped, tedious dungeon!

i could've sworn i got in a giveaway, but i can't find it.

that game always looked to me like it had a pretty bad graphical projection. not ultima vii bad, but still a weird angle to settle on.

homeless snail posted:

i could never get farther than a few hours into that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1382157566742986757?s=20

I have no idea what these people want Reggie to do at this point

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

reggie is going to drop a mega link to a mother 3 rom

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
reggie needs to come to my house and deliver me a mother 3 translated gba cart in one of those big red pizza delivery bags

he clearly expects a tip but i remind him that more than 30 minutes and it's free

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Horses are ugly

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i bet reggie doesnt even have a new nintendo now that he doesnt get them from work for free

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

I’m not sure what bingo square this corresponds to, because Divine Divinity isn’t particularly undiscovered, nor is it a bad game, not at all. But it’s… underbaked. It has Diablo 2-style fast-paced combat, only jankier. It has a Morrowind-style sandbox to explore, only more barebones. And I really, really, like it

That looks pretty cool. I play so many videogames and then there's still things I've never gotten around to, its fun seeing something classic you've never even seen screenshots of before.

The mixed perspectives on some of the art is throwing me for a loop. But the world screen and skills and stuff sound rad.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I can't believe that capture cards have basically been the exact same price since I was in middle school

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

After completing Kanji's castle I have decided he is the best boy and I want a buddy cop kung fu drama where he and Chie team up to fight evil bikers.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m not sure what people mean by mixed perspectives, looks like classic isometric to me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
sacred is from a similar vein, but it's an oddity among diablo clones because cooldowns are all the resource management there is. there's no mana equivalent.

it also let's you ride a horse

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

In P3, basically once per month there would be a week-long event that would limit your free-time. So like, it kind of sucks, but the game was designed around it so don't feel like it's being taken away from you because it's gonna happen fairly regularly

I still need to go back and play this one. I even put it on the Vita!

I'm more annoyed that I forgot about the shrine using your free time. I was going to start my S Link with Adachi.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the venn diagram of "people who want to play mother 3" and "people who can play mother 3" is a circle

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
To be fair emulators are heck of weird with the timing of the battle rhythm system.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There are plenty of ways to play Mother 3 in English on actual hardware.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dangit i missed the nice page

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

sacred is from a similar vein, but it's an oddity among diablo clones because cooldowns are all the resource management there is. there's no mana equivalent.

it also let's you ride a horse

i think i was thinking about sacred 2 re: horses. i get the early divinities and the early sacreds confused, a lot

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Walla posted:

I still need to go back and play this one. I even put it on the Vita!

I'm more annoyed that I forgot about the shrine using your free time. I was going to start my S Link with Adachi.

Persona 3 rules and would be easily my favorite in the series if it just had all the cool QoL updates as the newer ones. The writing story and characters are all far and away the best, but its a totally different dynamic from the big group of friends that P4/P5 use

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Forgot to mention, divine divinity (shame about the name) has an absolutely wonderful atmospheric soundtrack. It’s divine haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkb-450Av8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAY2dU4HWZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_PZ2x2_vPI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Persona 3 seems cool yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xino6fpocNU&t=11387s

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yosuke is the biggest loving dork. No girl is going to look at you twice on a drat scooter. Idiot.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

dangit i missed the nice page

every page in games forum chat is the nice page

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I can't believe that capture cards have basically been the exact same price since I was in middle school

The big brands just keep bumping up features instead of making cheap ones.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BNRQLWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_6G36YJQ0Z8MN76FZ869N

This thing is apparently actually good? Like your not getting hyper accurate recording but at that price who cares

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

boned00d and plated00d

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

SeXReX posted:

The big brands just keep bumping up features instead of making cheap ones.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BNRQLWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_6G36YJQ0Z8MN76FZ869N

This thing is apparently actually good? Like your not getting hyper accurate recording but at that price who cares

Well poo poo for 15 bucks I picked it up and itll be here Saturday. Maybe I'll stream MH or Persona or something

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Started playing Persona 5 but I can't understand a thing anyone is saying

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Khanstant posted:

Turn your monitor on

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

boned00d and plated00d

sup thou

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Have you considered awakening to the will of rebellion?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

iirc “[person’s name]-senpai” means “[person’s name]”

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Semper senpai

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Alt response: Are there any aniki in Persona

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

gently caress you Yosuke. You were a little creepy to Yukiko, but everyone is. A pickup contest? Being an rear end to Kanji? Blackmailing the girls into swimsuits? Your rear end is hitting the bench.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

keikaku means plan

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
in the intro animation yosuke dances in a garbage can. when you meet him, he's covered in garbage. yosuke is a literal garbage person

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Just out of morbid curiosity I decided to check out Oddworld: Soulstorm's cutscenes since it just came out and holy loving poo poo, I don't think I've ever witnessed a more excrutiatingly written video game in my entire life. The cinematics look gorgeous but characters just constantly talk in circles, every cutscene has them repeating every statement they make at least once, it's utterly exhausting to watch. I would say it's written for dummies but more to the point it feels like it was written for people who don't speak English given all the simple vocabulary and repetition, like it's designed entirely to make it easier to translate/localize for other markets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

in the intro animation yosuke dances in a garbage can. when you meet him, he's covered in garbage. yosuke is a literal garbage person

Yeah he is.