Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Doctor Nutt posted:

Cargo on ships, cargo on planes, cargo pretty much on anything

Cargo brrrrrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SUNKOS posted:

Are you sure about this? What's the source? Everything I've seen indicates the IP is dead but I would love to be wrong.
You're right, one of the previously mentioned dataminers found "proof" but respawn did comment to say it wasn't true so I don't know. But they're not forced to only do Apex, if that was the case EA wouldn't have had to create a whole separate studio within respawn for just Apex.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The nintendo store had a "metroidvania" sale recently

so like the whole store then?

fake edit: sorry half the store. the other have is rogue-lites or likes or whatever the gently caress it is who cares the switch is full of garbage third party games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Laserface posted:

the switch is full of garbage third party games

Reminds me of a certain Xbox one :mrwhite:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

That was garbage first party games!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“Full of” would be doing a lot of work there

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone recommend a good YouTube tutorial for setting up Retroarch on the Series X? I also heard that you can even get it to run in retail mode, is that true?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Should I get the Nier Replicant remaster on PC or do you all think it'll run ok on my One S?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

teagone posted:

Should I get the Nier Replicant remaster on PC or do you all think it'll run ok on my One S?

What are your PC’s specs?

It should be mostly fine on the One S, Nier Automata was, but it’ll run at about 900p.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

You might want to wait for hands-on reviews before you decide, apparently the PC port of Automata is a bit of a mess. Lots of issues that the community fixed with mods.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Pirate Jet posted:

What are your PC’s specs?

It should be mostly fine on the One S, Nier Automata was, but it’ll run at about 900p.

It's a modest gaming PC I put together several months ago using older/used parts: Core i7-4770, 16GB DDR3, and GTX 1660 Ti. I'm sure Replicant will run fine on it, but I'm wary of getting it for PC considering how Nier Automata's PC port wasn't so great from what I understand. Not really concerned with One S resolution tbh; Nier Automata ran/looked well enough for me on my One S connected to a 1080p FreeSync display with VRR. I'm just concerned about framerate because Replicant sorta looks more graphically robust than Automata.

acksplode posted:

You might want to wait for hands-on reviews before you decide, apparently the PC port of Automata is a bit of a mess. Lots of issues that the community fixed with mods.

Right, yeah. That was my primary reason for probing the thread to see what goons would suggest. I suppose I'll hold out until hopefully someone like the DF folk take a look at the game's port performance.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 13, 2021

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Laserface posted:

so like the whole store then?

fake edit: sorry half the store. the other have is rogue-lites or likes or whatever the gently caress it is who cares the switch is full of garbage third party games

Switch got an updated version of Crimzon Clover and they never released it as DLC or anything on Steam and I'm pretty bummed about it.

Also being a shmup fan both rules and also really sucks at the same time :smith:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can someone recommend a good YouTube tutorial for setting up Retroarch on the Series X? I also heard that you can even get it to run in retail mode, is that true?

Yea, I have it in retail mode. Find Dom's Discord Server. You can get whitelisted for retail there and they have videos on set up. The setup imo was kinda confusing but once everything is in place its very easy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyone playing home front 2? Been digging into it, and it's funny to see some consensus that it sucks when it's really just a truly open world half life 2 with actual gunplay. It's a little harder than a normal shooter, ttk is a little low, but it's still pretty decent for $6.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Anyone playing home front 2? Been digging into it, and it's funny to see some consensus that it sucks when it's really just a truly open world half life 2 with actual gunplay. It's a little harder than a normal shooter, ttk is a little low, but it's still pretty decent for $6.

Its got a working (albeit buggy) complete port of Time Splitters 2 in it, so for 6 bucks its a steal.

As for homefront 2 itself it was, eh 6 bucks is right. It wasn't bad but it just didn't keep me motivated to keep playing so I fell off

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seltzer posted:

Yea, I have it in retail mode. Find Dom's Discord Server. You can get whitelisted for retail there and they have videos on set up. The setup imo was kinda confusing but once everything is in place its very easy.

Thanks!

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Greatest trick subscription services ever pulled was "this content is free!"

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

"For the price of 2 full price games per year" is more like it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not free

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

It's a steal!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I think the last baseball game I played was on N64, but I'm for sure gonna give The Show a playthrough. I've only ever heard good things about it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I don't know the rules of baseball and have never played a baseball game or watched a match so I'll for sure try this one out because I'm paying for it anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

I don't know the rules of baseball and have never played a baseball game or watched a match so I'll for sure try this one out because I'm paying for it anyway.

Prepare to be bored out of your skull

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No no, this will be funny

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Playing sports video games are much more entertaining than watching them imo. Golf is probably my absolute favorite sport in video games, but god drat is it a snorefest to watch on tv.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Is The Division worth playing? What about Watch_Dogs?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Playing sports video games are much more entertaining than watching them imo. Golf is probably my absolute favorite sport in video games, but god drat is it a snorefest to watch on tv.

I actually love golf games! Tiger Woods on the OG Xbox was my jam

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Do you like Ubisoft style of games? If not, then hard no. Not sure how active Div1 still is. Watch_Dogs I don't think is very good at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Division is a looter shooter so if you like them you'll probably enjoy it. I got bored before the level cap which is "where the real game starts" but like you couldn't pay me to care.

Watch_Dogs is a game about hacking where 90%+ of your problems are solved by hacking people's faces with bullets but for whatever reason (I think its the extremely low ttk on enemies) blowing them away is surprisingly satisfying. The best part of the game though is how extremely ludicrously obvious the story re-write was and it sucks because playing as a rage-addled dead-beat dad would have been way more intriguing than the weirdest non-pervy uncle in gaming. I did finish this one.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

The more arcadey they are, the better though. Games like NFL Blitz and Hot Shots Golf are amazing. I still love playing Pebble Beach Golf on Saturn or Neo Turf Masters, which is awesome on the Switch. I kind of want to give Super Mega Baseball a shot, it looks like it might be a lot of fun.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Been building up my Tiger Woods 09 guy for 12 years. He can drill it 450 yards in cargo shorts. Legend.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

The game even at a fairly normal difficulty does a really good job simulating how hard it is to hit a baseball so prepare yourself for that.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

WattsvilleBlues posted:

W_D2 is far better than the first. You can play it guns blazing or stealthy hack puzzles like a Hitman game. W_D3 is all right, too.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I have a Series S on the way from Wal-Mart. I basically haven't played a new game since The Witcher 3 that wasn't a Switch exclusive.

What should I play?

I got the Yakuza series lined up. But what else?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

I have a Series S on the way from Wal-Mart. I basically haven't played a new game since The Witcher 3 that wasn't a Switch exclusive.

What should I play?

I got the Yakuza series lined up. But what else?

Just get games pass ultimate and throw poo poo at the wall, till you find something you like. It’s an amazing service.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah get Game Pass Ultimate. Don't play all of the Yakuza games at once by the way. They are all good, but the series is massive.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you want more RPG then for sure check out Dragon Quest

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I said come in! posted:

Yeah get Game Pass Ultimate. Don't play all of the Yakuza games at once by the way. They are all good, but the series is massive.

Yeah, you need time to breathe between entries honestly. They all play waaaaaay too similarly to be done in one go.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Fair advice regarding Yakuza. 6 games at once is usually a lot.

Yeah game pass seems pretty nuce. I also like that Microsoft actually seems to support its old catalog so it looks as if I can buy some 360 and original Xbox games if I am not mistaken?

What I am trying to confirm is that I can buy Blue Dragon still?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zurtilik posted:

That's fair advice, I probably would have too. But still good advice.

Yeah game pass seems p. Nice. I also like that Microsoft actually seems to support its old catalog so it looks as if I can buy some 360 and original Xbox games if I am not mistaken?

What I am trying to confirm is that I can buy Blue Dragon still?!

Friend I bought Blue Dragon a couple weeks ago, it was even on sale.