Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
That's the most credible aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Robot Style posted:

This is real fanficcy and doesn't really line up with other verifiable information about the movie. Some stuff, like Jannah being Finn's sister, is mentioned in published BTS stuff, but there's huge chunks of it that ignore existing concept art from the early versions of the movie, and stuff that the film's editors have said about the extent of reshoots.

Thanks for your input, I was kinda hoping you'd chime in :v:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

the prequels own

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
theyre great fun to make fun of, anyhow

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

nine-gear crow posted:

Hux kills himself with Mace Windu's lightsaber because it turns out he was actually a Jedi weeb this whole time. he lost the star wars.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

If there is one person who I can safely say absolutely lost the Star Wars, it is General Hux.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
More like General Sux At Star War.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

General Hux: The Star War... I've lost it. There is only one thing left for me to do.

*General Hux draws Mace Windu's lightsaber and commits ritual seppoodoo*

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
where did he get Mace Windu's light saber

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Is the leakpost not just what literally everyone assumed happened as soon as they saw the movie?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

indigi posted:

Maz Katana's laser sword pawn shop

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cerv posted:

Maz Katana's laser sword pawn shop

But that's a story for another time

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

indigi posted:

Maz Kanata

Edit: gdi

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Now I'm kind of craving a pawn shop Star Wars show from D+

PAWN STAR WARS

"Oh, you've got an ancient Sith holocron? Let me call my buddy who's an expert in ancient Sith holocrons..."

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

Now I'm kind of craving a pawn shop Star Wars show from D+

PAWN STAR WARS

"Oh, you've got an ancient Sith holocron? Let me call my buddy who's an expert in ancient Sith holocrons..."

Darth Plagius's bronzed left hand? Best I can do for you is 5 creds.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

CainFortea posted:

Darth Plagius's bronzed left hand? Best I can do for you is 5 creds.

"So this is a lightsaber, a weapon from a more civilized era? I'm gonna have to call in a friend of mine to take a look at this thing."

"Who would you be calling?"

"He goes by DV. It might take a bit to convince him, though. We're on a desert, and the man really cannot stand sand."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
It really grinds his gears.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

"So this is a lightsaber, a weapon from a more civilized era? I'm gonna have to call in a friend of mine to take a look at this thing."

"Who would you be calling?"

"He goes by DV. It might take a bit to convince him, though. We're on a desert, and the man really cannot stand sand."

"Chuumlee, where did you get that broken rear end YT-1300? Who the hell puts missile tubes on a freighter, especially right behind where the freight goes? Get rid of it and try not to lose TOO much money on it."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

CainFortea posted:

"Chuumlee, where did you get that broken rear end YT-1300? Who the hell puts missile tubes on a freighter, especially right behind where the freight goes? Get rid of it and try not to lose TOO much money on it."

The Old Man watches Kylo Ren walk into the shop, and shakes his head.

"Some kid's children..."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm watching Star Wars: Clone Wars (the 03 cartoon) on a whim and honestly it's a loving nailbiter, I fully recommend it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Weird, I just marathoned the whole thing. Yeah, it's worth seeing.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the genndy tartakovsky cartoon? yes it's excellent, i recommend it very highly

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/SWTweets/status/1387104455078809602

"I will give you all my cum. And not just the semen, but the sewomen and sechildren too."

#FreethePhantomHornDogCut

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/SWTweets/status/1387104455078809602

"I will give you all my cum. And not just the semen, but the sewomen and sechildren too."

#FreethePhantomHornDogCut

#ReleaseTheDirtyCut

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Dirty Edition, surely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cut lines from Attack of the Clones:

"Once I take this shirt off, you're gonna be so wet you'll make Dagobah look like Tatooine."
-Anakin to Padme

"Once I take this shirt off, you're gonna be so wet you'll make Dagobah look like Tatooine."
-Anakin to Obi-Wan

-Dooku to Obi-Wan

-Obi-Wan to Elan Sleazebaggano

"That's cute. I remember when I had my first Star Beer."
-Padme to Anakin

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Dexter Jettster to Obi-wan

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Something I really don't like about Last Jedi that nobody really talks about is the poster. It's just a bad look. Dark red and black on top of white is already reflexively discomforting from how your brain is really trained to expect the ground to be darker to the sky, and going that hard with the color scheme kinda washes out the details of the characters that the poster is supposedly meant to show off. Nice that Rey pops out I guess, but she's only in like a third of the movie. Snake's bodyguards are almost invisible, while evil BB-8 is oddly prominent despite not having any role in the movie.

Other Star Wars posters have tended to be more colorful to express the diversity of different elements in the movies and express how big the galaxy is. The Abrams movie posters tended to be more dominated by two colors because he was really into the whole Jedi v. Sith thing, although the color language of Star Wars has never really been consistent. The Rebels often tended to be red while when the Empire had a color it was green or dark blue, even though the good/bad lightsaber colors are reversed. Going all-in on a singular color denotes some kind of symbolism, but what exactly it symbolizes is unclear. The poster does also evoke the aesthetics of the final battle, but then it seems more like the weird geology of the planet was designed more to create the aesthetics of the poster. All those heavy aesthetics, but a weird lack of meaning behind any of it.

Also gently caress Monaco.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Post examples please idk what any of the posters look like from memory

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'm not sure I ever even saw a sequel poster. If I did they were as forgettable as the sequels.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I saw the trailer for RoS about 800 times, I know that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I did look up all the posters while writing that post, but god drat I kept forgetting what the Force Awakens and Rise of Skwawker posters looked like 10 seconds after looking at them. It doesn't really help that the movies themselves aren't particularly married to their posters so they'll just kinda swap around elements here and there for different releases without double-checking the composition. Everybody's probably heard about the Chinese poster downplaying Finn, but it also makes weird decisions like moving the droids and ships around for whatever reason. Also doesn't help when Abrams wants to purposefully misrepresent movies in marketing to increase the value of twists.

The original trilogy had a bunch of variant posters too, but each had to be independently painted, which I think helped with quality. I think the lightsaber one is probably the most iconic. The prequels so far as I can see mostly stuck to one poster each.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Seth Rogen Remains ‘Confounded and Plagued’ by George Lucas’ Belief the World Would End in 2012

Why does Rogen still believe George Lucas was serious about the world ending? Allow the comedian to explain.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/05/seth-rogen-george-lucas-world-ending-2012-1234635822/

Seth Rogen has long maintained that George Lucas actually thought the world would come to an end in 2012. The story goes that Rogen and his writing, directing, and producing partner Evan Goldberg were at a meeting with Steven Spielberg when Lucas showed up unannounced and informed the group about the impending apocalypse. As a recent GQ profile on Rogen explained, Lucas either thought the entire world would come to an end or, “at the very least, that everything west of the San Andreas Fault would soon sink into the ocean.”

As Rogen said in a 2011 interview, “George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is gonna end in the year 2012, for real. He thinks it. He’s going on about the tectonic plates and all the time Spielberg is rolling his eyes, like, ‘My nerdy friend won’t shut up, I’m sorry.'”

The Lucas story naturally makes its way into Rogen’s new book, a collection of essays titled “Yearbook.” Rogen remembers Goldberg asking Lucas if he really thought the world would end in 2012, to which Lucas allegedly responded, “I know it’s gonna happen…it’s science. And I know science.” Lucas has said that he was joking, thus Rogen admitted to GQ that the “Star Wars” creator “will not be happy” with the upcoming book.

“We [made] a joke like, if you’ve got a spaceship to escape Earth, can we get a seat on that thing?” Rogen said. “And he was like, ‘No.’ It makes me think he wasn’t joking because, if you were joking, you would just say ‘Yes’… But, no, he said, ‘No.’ To this day, I am confounded and plagued by that story.”

And now you know the real reason he sold Star Wars.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/tedfrank/status/1399802106643636228

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Quick google search shows the judge in question is a massive chud and Trump appointee. Why am I not surprised?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Quick google search shows the judge in question is a massive chud and Trump appointee. Why am I not surprised?

Broke clock etc etc

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's a funny footnote though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

crazy, the implication that the force awakens was neither mediocre or schlocky though.