Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

Does anybody have a link to Hot Bread? I can find quotes but not the original thread

Was this in reference to something? A lot of those food hack threads usually revealed goons who had 0 culinary skill or desire to learn, and talked about their magic trick of cracking two eggs into a mug and microwaving it for 2 mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Boba Pearl posted:

Yes, and then at the end the nurse was running through the halls, praising the bio medical waste chicken baby. A totally normal and acceptable thing to do in hospitals.
everything is true, it's all true

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

with the medical tales from the crypt, at least you can accept a level of meta horror in that the invisible goons writing these stories are reflecting the level of daily repulsion and tragicomic hideousness that they've become accustomed to as part of their profession. i don't accept all goon nurse anecdotes as gospel, but i do let it form part of my overall respect for nurses and the people who choose to become them

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Hub Cat posted:

Does anybody have a link to Hot Bread? I can find quotes but not the original thread

That is horrifying in a weird way.

I got to the hot mayo, and the food I was eating immediately tasted like rear end.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

nurses deal every day with people's bodies exploding, some fast, some slowly, and poo poo and death and gangrene. not only does a person become a nurse, but then their entire social group also becomes nurses (they work 60 hours a week or people die, they have no social life outside work). they are basically military, especially right now. but unlike the military, they get paid like $7/hour after tax and have no future benefits to look forward to. i am terrified of nurses. they're like angels to me, and i don't mean golden-haired christian angels, i mean FEAR THEE NOT. and in the light of that, i value their posts on something awful, a site venerated by the very kyoon as "angelic"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

a kitten posted:

Bad phrasing on my part. My memory was good, but i wrote it off because it seemed unlikely.

However, i did just learn that he was also KOMPRESSOR and that makes me happy enough to forget about second-guessing myself.

KOMPRESSOR was M R Cracker? Is that right? My mind is completely blown. I had KOMPRESSOR CDs and even the KOMPRESSOR messenger bag but it got stolen from my car

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gang tag gang tag gang tag

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Vim Fuego posted:

KOMPRESSOR was M R Cracker? Is that right? My mind is completely blown. I had KOMPRESSOR CDs and even the KOMPRESSOR messenger bag but it got stolen from my car

some goon posted:

There are only about six funny people on the internet, and four of them are Drew Toothpaste

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

he was very funny on this website but he ruined da share z0ne when he took over the account

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Hub Cat posted:

I don't, but my jaw is agape at those quotes.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

SpiritualDeath posted:

Speaking of avatars, what's the deal with the spread of that one Beffica avatar?

Regarde Aduck posted:

Without wanting to be mean, the bugsnax creatures are to most people, kinda gross looking. Beffica likes them and bought it as an avatar. Others get bought it as a punishment. So is one persons hell another’s heaven.
I know very little about Bugsnax. I had no avatar for the longest time and I bought the lower one because it made me laugh, I hated my old user name so I decided to change it to match, and the upper avatar came later. I have given up on figuring out why I have become the new ice rear end punishment avatar, it's loving funny though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I am jealous of anyone who manages the feat of getting two simultaneous profile pics

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
All you have to do is stick any SA hosted image in the title when you buy an avatar, anybody can give away gang tags too. Somebody was sad 1st av was gone so I stuck it in below the current one, I normally wouldn't be rocking two.

Whatever happened to Kuuenbu? I remember hearing "no you shut the gently caress up dad" being micspammed in TF2 all the time.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How does the ice rear end punishment av thing work, anyways? One of my older ones got used for it like 2 years ago and I still occasionally see someone with it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder how M R Cracker would have got on with Enhydra lutris

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Vim Fuego posted:

It was probably that jerk MC Frontalot

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

perepelki posted:

nurses deal every day with people's bodies exploding, some fast, some slowly, and poo poo and death and gangrene. not only does a person become a nurse, but then their entire social group also becomes nurses (they work 60 hours a week or people die, they have no social life outside work). they are basically military, especially right now. but unlike the military, they get paid like $7/hour after tax and have no future benefits to look forward to. i am terrified of nurses. they're like angels to me, and i don't mean golden-haired christian angels, i mean FEAR THEE NOT. and in the light of that, i value their posts on something awful, a site venerated by the very kyoon as "angelic"

it’s true, since I became a nurse probably 95% of my friends are nurses. bunch of degenerates, I tell you :q:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Puppy Galaxy posted:

he was very funny on this website but he ruined da share z0ne when he took over the account

da share my wife z0ne

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Hub Cat posted:

Edgecrusher's stories were mostly about stealing stuff.

I'm pretty sure I read the thread they're talking about it was like ridiculous teenage gang war and the Op was able to expertly dismantle people in fights. I think it ended with his rivals framing him for murder so he had to get a new identity and flee(??), it was basically an anime plotline.

Edit: Rereading the Edgecrusher thread I think you may be right and I'm the one thinking of a different thread

The one I was thinking of was this, yeah. Thanks!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Am I the only one who thinks da share z0ne isn't funny? Like seriously I just don't operate on whatever toroidal wavelength of irony to find it amusing.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Am I the only one who thinks da share z0ne isn't funny? Like seriously I just don't operate on whatever toroidal wavelength of irony to find it amusing.

i'm definitely not as into it as i used to be, but when it was on it was on. it's not for everyone, but if you can't enjoy

i sorta feel bad for you

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Fix It posted:

i'm definitely not as into it as i used to be, but when it was on it was on. it's not for everyone, but if you can't enjoy

i sorta feel bad for you

That's barely sensible chuckleworthy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Humor is subjective.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
In many ways, humor is like chili.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Better with beans in it?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Nuns with Guns posted:

It makes you forget stuff about your kids?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

full of onion soup mix

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fellating a meme lord to get the taste of their memes out of your mouth

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pastry of the Year posted:

da share my wife z0ne

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I used to find it funny, but now it's just the same exact 2-3 jokes over and over again from the same 2-3 guys. Like, imagine if only a handful of people were responsible for all lolcats and prominently branded their macros, monetised them, etc. Teenage Step Dad, who makes similar ironic type of stuff, at least expanded into videos, and made some short parody ads and stuff.

Yes, I don't like DaShareZone!
:skeltal:
D Tired
a internet
S memes
h and also
a nazis
re hate them really
Z gently caress nazis
ne

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I still enjoy da share z0ne, but it was funnier before it leaned super-hard into "let's sell t-shirts to terminally online leftists".

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It was good until da share my wife z0ne happened then it got bad. Not enough posts about bass tabs and other stupid goofy poo poo anymore.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
a lot of podcasts and other internet content are great examples of capitalisms ability to absorb and neuter criticism of itself. like its hard for me to take seriously any left economic criticism from someone making $10k a month in donations skimming wikipedia and selling merch

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

a lot of podcasts and other internet content are great examples of capitalisms ability to absorb and neuter criticism of itself. like its hard for me to take seriously any left economic criticism from someone making $10k a month in donations skimming wikipedia and selling merch

Why?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spanish Manlove posted:

Humor is subjective.

Your mom is subjective.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Because they are selling safe, marketable fashion accessories to comfortable middle class people whose only concern is that being bougie is a bad look / too gauche (but don't actually want to do or change anything).

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Your mom is subjective.

Your mom is shared across cultures and history

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

steinrokkan posted:

Because they are selling safe, marketable fashion accessories to comfortable middle class people whose only concern is that being bougie is a bad look / too gauche (but don't actually want to do or change anything).

The sheer number of people who are apparently super mad at them continuing to exist kind of speaks against that a little.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Josef bugman posted:

The sheer number of people who are apparently super mad at them continuing to exist kind of speaks against that a little.

Not really, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Josef bugman posted:

I'm annoyed at being constantly inundated in inane bullshit, yes.

But lol at the argument that "the fact that everybody talks about the latest fad proves it isn't a fad"