Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

Eh, if they keep doing it it's much easier to just write them off as a pillock.

Yeah, what's his record now? Two easily misinterpreted comics over a dozen or so years? What a pillock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I’m not going to speculate on intent but if you make a comic that’s indistinguishable (well aside from the art) from actual mallard filmore comics it’s a bad loving comic

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ambitious Spider posted:

I’m not going to speculate on intent but if you make a comic that’s indistinguishable (well aside from the art) from actual mallard filmore comics it’s a bad loving comic

I agree, and I believe most everyone else does too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ambitious Spider posted:

I agree but I'm not sure what comic you're referring to since it hasn't been posted ITT.

Unless of course you're using some strange new definition of "indistinguishable" I wasn't previously aware of.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I agree but I'm not sure what comic you're referring to since it hasn't been posted ITT.

Unless of course you're using some strange new definition of "indistinguishable" I wasn't previously aware of.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ah, I see the problem now. This is in fact a Mallard Fillmore strip, not a different comic which is indistinguishable from Mallard Fillmore.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Data Graham posted:

Experience with chud types who yell at leftists, at least from what I've seen, takes forms like "you're virtue signalling" or "you're phony" or "you're a killjoy" or "you're the real racists". It doesn't tend to use language like "your values are lovely" or "you are unethical"

I mean we have Gamergaters who use "ethics" in their arsenal even though they don't seem to know what it means, so .... I don't know, I'm just shooting from the hip I guess. Don't mind me
Uh yeah. "You're an immoral gay/woman/Leftist Traitor" is a big big part of the right wing in the US. It was shifted a bit after 9/11 to be more of a 'you're a traitor to the US' and less of an anti-family values degenerate but those types are still around.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yea there’s a lot of these types typically involving sharks or dinosaurs

The joke is black people are predators see:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
oh you're only cancelling PBF now? great of you to care when it's convenient, meanwhile he's been fatphobic for yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhno sorry this is stupid, y'all are being stupid.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Holy gently caress the Sinfest guy's Twitter.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Skulk Hogan posted:

Holy gently caress the Sinfest guy's Twitter.

Yeah, it's like a hit-reel from his webcomic. I used to read Sinfest regularly ages ago, but looking at it now it's just non-stop right-wing persecution complex and how Biden stole the election. At least I can post something from social media now. You find all the classic icons from our age, like Uncle Sam stomping on The Cat in the Hat and the Statue of Liberty in chains.

https://twitter.com/TatsuyaIshida9/status/1369880468393394176?s=20

For more reading, here's a comic from right before Jan 6 showing the infamous real-world conflict between woke leftists and MAGA patriots.
https://sinfest.net/view.php?date=2021-01-03

Here's a later comic showing the lead MAGA patriot being turned on by society!
https://sinfest.net/view.php?date=2021-02-28

And a more recent take where the MAGA patriot's family is being intruded upon by the government, but the daughter (protected by Jesus) shoots the government robots.
https://sinfest.net/view.php?date=2021-03-28
https://sinfest.net/view.php?date=2021-03-29

In conclusion please remove the part of my brain that made me look at these comics thanks in advance.

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Apr 14, 2021

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
PBF also had this comic not too long ago:

I don't care for the pie chart cartoon but I don't think the author is trying to be actively be lovely.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Okay so the insulin represents macroeconomics, and the witch is former surgeon general C. Everett Koop. The candy must then represent America's foreign policy, and the grinning Hulk mask is America's war dead. Then... oh no... clearly the moon represents... oh no, it's all so clear.

drat Gurewitch, we get it. You hate the Nepalese. No need to broadcast it so loudly.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
No he’s a chud, a triple fash, and the worst of all, a lib

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

LawfulWaffle posted:

In conclusion please remove the part of my brain that made me look at these comics thanks in advance.
You know how some women are so invested in the patriarchy that they constantly put down other women and talk about how they're Not Like Other Girls? Dudes who throw themself into TERFism remind me of that. They're desperate to show that they're Not Like Other Guys.

"Some guys might treat trans people like human beings deserving of respect. Not me! I'm fighting for women! oh please god notice me"

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Okay so the insulin represents macroeconomics, and the witch is former surgeon general C. Everett Koop. The candy must then represent America's foreign policy, and the grinning Hulk mask is America's war dead. Then... oh no... clearly the moon represents... oh no, it's all so clear.

drat Gurewitch, we get it. You hate the Nepalese. No need to broadcast it so loudly.

Dammit, where's Garrison and his labels when we need them.

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Apr 14, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Lol this thread sometimes

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

christmas boots posted:

Lol this thread sometimes

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

hyperhazard posted:

You know how some women are so invested in the patriarchy that they constantly put down other women and talk about how they're Not Like Other Girls? Dudes who throw themself into TERFism remind me of that. They're desperate to show that they're Not Like Other Guys.

"Some guys might treat trans people like human beings deserving of respect. Not me! I'm fighting for women! oh please god notice me"
Pssst. They actually just like crankin' it to trans women.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
FWIW I don't actually think The PBF guy is a chud, I do think he's probably a gen-x lib who needs to read the loving room sometimes.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

I don't care for the pie chart cartoon but I don't think the author is trying to be actively be lovely.

This comic celebrates the wealthy giving away scraps to buy undeserved gratitude and stifle class consciousness. Total chud poo poo.

Baron von Eevl posted:

FWIW I don't actually think The PBF guy is a chud, I do think he's probably a gen-x lib who needs to read the loving room sometimes.

Alternatively nobody needs to "read the room" of the entire internet to avoid pissing off the terminally online you weirdo.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Patrick Spens posted:

Alternatively nobody needs to "read the room" of the entire internet to avoid pissing off the terminally online you weirdo.

"Calling out bigotry just makes people more bigoted" and "sometimes negative stereotypes of minorities are true" aren't exactly things you need to be "terminally online" to pick up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if your doing web comics with internet jokes you yourself are terminally online

Though I think in this case I get your just using terminally online as a vague insult with no real meaning

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Patrick Spens posted:

This comic celebrates the wealthy giving away scraps to buy undeserved gratitude and stifle class consciousness. Total chud poo poo.

sounds like the terminally online (you) got pissed off anyway, my good bitch :smug:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You're obviously a chud too. It's chuds all the way down.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744?s=20

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Baron von Eevl posted:

Those are chuds now. Please read the room

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

seiferguy posted:

My main complaint is I can't figure out what the joke is supposed to be, or the point.

Did the person who gave the syringe also send the bill? Does the child already have diabetes, does the child get diabetes because of the candy? None of this is clearly communicated.

A bad comic.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OwlFancier posted:

My main complaint is I can't figure out what the joke is supposed to be, or the point.

Did the person who gave the syringe also send the bill? Does the child already have diabetes, does the child get diabetes because of the candy? None of this is clearly communicated.

A bad comic.

I don’t think it’s a joke just free stuff has a cost later. Pretty lovely message but the thread seems to be melting down so you can’t say that

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

OwlFancier posted:

A bad comic.

I have no loving idea what that comic is saying.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skulk Hogan posted:

I have no loving idea what that comic is saying.

Same, which IMO is bad.

The only good webcomic is oglaf because if I don't get it I can laugh at the naked people.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

OwlFancier posted:

A bad comic.

the 'evil witch' is putting needles in kid's candy, so obviously she is trying to harm them!
But then the needle is actually life saving insulin, freely given to a family who cannot afford this needed medicine, so the 'evil witch' is actually doing the family a solid.

Please learn to read the room.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
smdh at y'all folx demanding we perform the emotional labor of understanding the comic 😒

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Literally pbf'ing a PBF comic. Goons never change. The joke is that she put a goddamn syringe into their Halloween candy which is like this great urban legend but then it turned out to be insulin the kid needed.

I'm starting to understand why Garrison uses all the goddamn labels.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

OwlFancier posted:

A bad comic.

This is really more on your inability to parse a fairly obvious comic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the child has diabetes why is it collecting candy in the first place.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Literally pbf'ing a PBF comic. Goons never change. The joke is that she put a goddamn syringe into their Halloween candy which is like this great urban legend but then it turned out to be insulin the kid needed.

I'm starting to understand why Garrison uses all the goddamn labels.

That’s not a joke that’s a statement

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

Same, which IMO is bad.

The only good webcomic is oglaf because if I don't get it I can laugh at the naked people.

Also it’s really well drawn and I love the style. Dude invents five totally new character designs every single strip and that’s amazing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Also it’s really well drawn and I love the style. Dude invents five totally new character designs every single strip and that’s amazing

Also very good at stupid faces.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This really shouldn't be a difficult concept.

Those two comics are bad. It's extremely fair to criticize them because they are bad.

It's not fair to call the PBF guy a chud just because of those two comics, especially when he apologized for one of them. If he was actually a chud I would expect for him to double down, make some obnoxious "heh, triggered much" posts, and then start making even shittier comics. AFAIW he did not do that. Two bad comics over ~15 years is not an established pattern.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

This really shouldn't be a difficult concept.

Those two comics are bad. It's extremely fair to criticize them because they are bad.

It's not fair to call the PBF guy a chud just because of those two comics, especially when he apologized for one of them. If he was actually a chud I would expect for him to double down, make some obnoxious "heh, triggered much" posts, and then start making even shittier comics. AFAIW he did not do that. Two bad comics over ~15 years is not an established pattern.

there's no room for weakness like this when the purpose of posting is to fit in and make yourself feel good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SubvertedTrope