Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Plebian Parasite posted:

. Even with the nigh unbeatable combo Delirium is such a poo poo boss. His behavior is so erratic it's hard to tell what's a glitch and what's not.

Yeah pretty much this. The warps around the room and the random bursts of shots sucks. And then to have him careening at you from out of frame as scorpex or whatever is really poo poo.

I had a run earlier with Ludo, Brim and Pause button as my active. I could just put my tear on the enemy and freeze them indefinitely. Ultimate cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

I don't find Downpour bad at all and if I have a spare key I'll almost always pop in for the extra loot from doing the mirror map in Downpour 2 even if I'm not doing the Mother path. Also if you're playing as Isaac with D6 you can reroll the first knife piece into something useful. but Mines are definitely harder than Cave and Gehenna is a real liability, I never gently caress with those unless I'm going for Mother.

edit: The big mindblowing thing to me, which I don't think was really newly buffed in Repentance but I just never noticed in Afterbirth+, is how good the sacrifice rooms can be if you have a lot of health sources. Using them increases your angel room chance, has pretty good odds of teleporting you to the Angel Room or or giving you items from it, it can give you a ton of coins, etc etc. If I'm playing a red heart character and I have a bunch of spare hearts laying around the map and a sacrifice room I'm always excited to hit it up. And once again if you're playing Isaac with D6 you can reroll the key pieces that the angel bosses drop into useful items.

edit edit: They're also one of a very small number of ways to give you a chance of encountering an angel room on floor 2
Sacrafice rooms were trash because they counted as a red heart penalty for devil/angel rooms but they chamged that in repentance.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have the mega satan completion marks with like 10 chars but I don't have apollyon, I guess he isn't retroactively unlocked. Gotta unlock the forgotten as well

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Got my first Mother kill, got Psy Fly on the first floor and pretty much recognized it would carry me all the way there.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

ArfJason posted:

The jam percentage in greedier is so small its alnost nonexistant but youd have to play greedier mode. Also each character has tgeir own jam percent, rotate chars!!

thank you! did not know this and was trying to cheese it with Lilith before

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

why did the morons in charge of this game remove re-roll boxes form shops and also make like every shop spawn with only 1 or 2 items now

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

they wanted hard mode harder in a dumb way, normal mode has always-big shops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

all it does is make shpops feel like a waste of a key. gently caress you edmund!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

reading the brimstone nerf is when both hands slammed into the desk

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

why did the morons in charge of this game remove re-roll boxes form shops and also make like every shop spawn with only 1 or 2 items now

i wish they would stop nerfing things that nobody asked them to, the game is hard enough you don't have to make it actually less fun to play

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nerfing things in single player games is lame af

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

and yet every roguelite dev continues to do it. makes you wonder where the AIDS Poop truly lies..

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I hate every single early game spider lol. but especially the ones that split into 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

100%

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

isaac is all about breaking the game as fast as you can why do they care lol. ive never had a good time playing hard mode though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Black August posted:

reading the brimstone nerf is when both hands slammed into the desk

Brimstone is still really good honestly, it's worth it for the range and coverage, you just can't coast on it without any other source of damage up. It also has a bunch of cool synergies it didn't have before

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

just did the beast. took me 4 hours. to put in perspective mother took me 3 days of solid grinding

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

amazing. I can't even get to mega satan with enough health to beat him anymore

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

and yet every roguelite dev continues to do it. makes you wonder where the AIDS Poop truly lies..

indie roguelike treasure devs behind 1 way glass frowning and taking notes when the kids turn the knob to the right

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm so mad

At least I finally unlocked Apollyon... but drat I was so close to beating delirium my first time in the void. Really cool area, the boss was a lot more fun than hush. Wish I had clutched it out, and I probably would have had I not taken Abaddon at the gate to Mega Satan but I didn't expect the void portal to show up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Never played Keeper on my last save file, didn't have a single completion mark for him, and beat The Beast first try lol. Protopsis + Mom's Knife was enough damage to bypass and boss armor I guess. Excited to try the tainted version he looks really cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I cleared my save file when after birth came out and i had to beat delerium with the keeper and the lost to unlock godhead oops

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

god drat the poo poo going on when you're trying to unlock the forgotten is a pain in the rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

god drat the poo poo going on when you're trying to unlock the forgotten is a pain in the rear end

Giving me Ludovico on the first floor with azazel but having no bombs spawn at all to get the broken shovel was some pretty heinous poo poo...turned that run into my first one to get to Mother instead but I unfortunately got kneecapped by a question mark Almond Milk and wasn't able to kill her.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

sounds like youre a newb

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Had my first successful Mother run. drat that was intense. Don't know if I would've got it done if I didn't have Guppy and two other transformations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sounds like youre a newb

I am. But I unlocked him finally with Cain. All those mom legs combined with the dark rear end stages sux but I think it made me better at the game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gojod work

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Giving me Ludovico on the first floor with azazel but having no bombs spawn at all to get the broken shovel was some pretty heinous poo poo...turned that run into my first one to get to Mother instead but I unfortunately got kneecapped by a question mark Almond Milk and wasn't able to kill her.

Sacrifice room now gives you a bomb 100% of the time on your first sacrifice if you've fulfilled the shovel conditions. Not that you'd ever know that lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Sacrifice room now gives you a bomb 100% of the time on your first sacrifice if you've fulfilled the shovel conditions. Not that you'd ever know that lol

Amazing. Good to know after the fact lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

do you need to play hard mode for any of the new unlocks for the hidden bosses and poo poo. loving up the shops is awful and i hate it and edmund

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I think thr only unlocks for hard mode are coop babies for beth and j&e and the ultra mega plat 100% item Death Certificate

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

do you need to play hard mode for any of the new unlocks for the hidden bosses and poo poo. loving up the shops is awful and i hate it and edmund

hard mode was already imbalanced but now it's even worse lol

even on normal mode it seems like hearts/soul hearts just stop spawning. i think i've seen like 6 black hearts the entire time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

hard mode was already imbalanced but now it's even worse lol

even on normal mode it seems like hearts/soul hearts just stop spawning. i think i've seen like 6 black hearts the entire time

yeah. part of the reason is tinted rocks never spawn anymore

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

I think thr only unlocks for hard mode are coop babies for beth and j&e and the ultra mega plat 100% item Death Certificate

i think ur right. praise the wiki and poopy aids poo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

yeah. part of the reason is tinted rocks never spawn anymore

lol they patched it so that they appear more often and theyre still like 2 per entire run or smth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the Forgotten is badass