Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

RatHat posted:

Selling seems to be much more efficient

Selling seems to be the most efficient way for all mats (except shards). So only break stuff down if you need shards or need the mod on the item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My dudes I seriously need people to play with, trying to join a group and it's a dude afk at a vendor hurts after a few hours. PSN is GremLegend

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

One of Tiago's legendaries has a T3 mod scrap grenade that just owns. It fires a massive grenade on the first shot after reload with a 1s cooldown. Pair it on a one shot rifle and every loving shot also fires a massively powerful grenade since it takes longer than 1s to reload. I've been using it to farm Typhon and it just rips him open. If I need health, I just fire at the ground and it almost certainly rips up some trash mobs.

Otherwise I'm having problems because my trickster and my pyromancer are both at a weird point where solo'ing top expeditions isn't exactly doable and the netcode sucks too much to pair up with randos often. My trickster is also in the weird state where i'm at wt15 but CT9 (i joined a bunch of random expeditions that took me probably higher than i wanted). So now I have to farm for titanium and hope that I get gear that is worth investing shitloads of titanium (and possibly drop resources) to make my character better.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there anyway to farm a specific armor set? Trying to get the Acari set for Pyro but not really sure how to go about it. Speaking of which, what’s the best build for solo Pyro before you can get the set bonuses or T3 mods? Should I just go firepower?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

RevKrule posted:

One of Tiago's legendaries has a T3 mod scrap grenade that just owns. It fires a massive grenade on the first shot after reload with a 1s cooldown. Pair it on a one shot rifle and every loving shot also fires a massively powerful grenade since it takes longer than 1s to reload. I've been using it to farm Typhon and it just rips him open. If I need health, I just fire at the ground and it almost certainly rips up some trash mobs.

Otherwise I'm having problems because my trickster and my pyromancer are both at a weird point where solo'ing top expeditions isn't exactly doable and the netcode sucks too much to pair up with randos often. My trickster is also in the weird state where i'm at wt15 but CT9 (i joined a bunch of random expeditions that took me probably higher than i wanted). So now I have to farm for titanium and hope that I get gear that is worth investing shitloads of titanium (and possibly drop resources) to make my character better.

Just try to get as far as you can in the ct9 or slightly lower expeditions; even if you fail you still get a chest when you retry or in front of the pod in camp if you abandon. The gear in that chest drops at the ct you were farming at, and you might get some blues with optimal stats at the level you want. Past 30 having gear at level is extremely important, so it’s worth using well-rolled blues that are easier to keep leveled up. I was using blue weapons with scrap grenade all the way to ct15. Speaking of scrap grenade, mods like that that do a set amount of damage scale with the level of the item they’re in, so it’s worth keeping them in blue gear while you’re grinding up the tiers and low on resources.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Floppychop posted:

Selling seems to be the most efficient way for all mats (except shards). So only break stuff down if you need shards or need the mod on the item.

I sell everything that doesn't have a mod I need because buying titanium has become my new crack.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

chami posted:

Just try to get as far as you can in the ct9 or slightly lower expeditions; even if you fail you still get a chest when you retry or in front of the pod in camp if you abandon. The gear in that chest drops at the ct you were farming at, and you might get some blues with optimal stats at the level you want. Past 30 having gear at level is extremely important, so it’s worth using well-rolled blues that are easier to keep leveled up. I was using blue weapons with scrap grenade all the way to ct15. Speaking of scrap grenade, mods like that that do a set amount of damage scale with the level of the item they’re in, so it’s worth keeping them in blue gear while you’re grinding up the tiers and low on resources.

Yeah, all my gear is max level for where they are (45). It all has a lot of synergy. But all my drops are level 42 so if I want to take a purple up, it's like 300-400 titanium plus drop pod resources to push them to 45. If I do challenges does the gear drop at my max CT or does it drop at whatever the CT level is? (like if I dropped down to like CT6 would it drop at 45 or at like 40ish?)

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

RevKrule posted:

Yeah, all my gear is max level for where they are (45). It all has a lot of synergy. But all my drops are level 42 so if I want to take a purple up, it's like 300-400 titanium plus drop pod resources to push them to 45. If I do challenges does the gear drop at my max CT or does it drop at whatever the CT level is? (like if I dropped down to like CT6 would it drop at 45 or at like 40ish?)

Loot drops at the CT level you attempt, so it’s a good source of at-level gear if you can get more than halfway or so into your high tier expedition. Whatever you can’t use you can sell to Bailey for titanium.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's really loving cool losing out on a ton of drop pod resources because you got stuck in the geometry near the end of an expedition, it wouldn't let you teleport out of it, you die, and some rear end in a top hat made the decision that the halfway chest would include zero (0) drop pod resources. I am aware I could buy them with titanium but I already need 8 million credits worth of just titanium to upgrade my gear.

e: and now my game crashes right before I kill the last enemy in one. That means not even getting the fail chest. Might have to uninstall this before I rage-stroke.

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 14, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Reminder to upgrade rarity on blues with your desired substat layout. The odds aren't in your favor, but a 3/60 (or however many t2 mods there are) chance is better than a 1/60 chance on a purple.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Soonmot posted:

Me, an intellectual: started the game as a technically
Technomancer

Also me: Ima use both turrets and the minigun
Minigun Chat
Pre Massacre nerf was amazing, post Massacre nerf, a real slog - Transitioning from CT10 to CT11 was a bit of a hill, but I was able to level my gear to get me over the hump - CT14-15 is just unfun. Grinding enough mats to upgrade my gear is one thing, but even maxxing my gear AP rolls as much possible, my damage output is just loving woeful. Massacre nerf was a double whammy, obviously you can't get the absurd level of AP anymore, but in higher tiers everything takes longer to kill ( even the trash ), and your base damage is pretty low so building stacks isn't happening because they're decaying before you can kill your next guy.

Just a tip though, Freeze turret is hella sweet, but I recommend the Blighted Turret and Scrapnel Mine - There's a class skill that gets you and your party a +30% AP for 10 seconds every time you use a Decay power ( Adrenalizing Antenna, procs off Blighted Turret and Blighted Ammo ) and the endcap skill that gives you +50% AP for 10 seconds every time you use an Ordinance power ( Techbond, proccing off Scrapnel, Pain launcher and Tools ), and Scrapnel has a pretty quick cool down and you can have extra throws per CD ( via gear mods ). Minigun damage is directly affected by Anomaly Power, and gear mods that buff your firepower on kill or when out in the open, actually lower your MInigun's damage bonus derived from Anomaly Power. The other reason I'm not keen on Freeze turrets ( or the Freeze mod for the Blighted Turret ) is that both of these proc Status Resistance on Elites ( and pretty quickly too ), whereas Toxic doesn't - I save my freezing people for when I'm punching them. At least when you have the minigun out you're unstaggerable and can march up to Elites, ignore their damage and punch them. And with CT14-15 I'm spending more time punching Elites to conserve ammo and spread Toxic because my minigun damage is pissweak even after applying Adrenalizing Antenna and Techbond AP buffs, or I'm desperately waiting for Tools to come off cooldown because I'm battling two Brood Mothers and there's no trash to reset my ammo.

I could just switch to a Blighted Ammo build but I still need to totally regear for that.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 14, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

This game sure does run poorly on a regular Xbox One. Takes ages just to open the inventory.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

ErrEff posted:

This game sure does run poorly on a regular Xbox One. Takes ages just to open the inventory.

If I played this on an 8 year old pc it'd probably run pretty poorly too.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

XboneX inventories were a nightmare. From what I hear the Series X isn't any better. There's some weird loading lag so "just sell all your stuff" becomes five minutes of mashing in the right thumbstick.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

It's been said before but I want to give the guy who decided you should lose experience towards the next world tier when you die the world's biggest swirlie. You lose so much for one death that it feels like getting to the next tier is straight up Sisyphean sometimes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you're dying so much that you can't make it to the next world tier... maybe you're not ready for the next world tier?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Cinara posted:

If you're dying so much that you can't make it to the next world tier... maybe you're not ready for the next world tier?

Is brave to say this in a game where the default behavior of the game is to automatically advance to the next world tier. Making people that change the world tier to a different one than the one set by the game the exception. Is not then that they are advancing the WT, is the game itself.

And the game make a strong statement by doing so. One that exist even if you ignore it.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Cinara posted:

Even so, it feels super loving bad to receive an experience penalty for daring to try a harder difficulty.

Tei posted:

Is brave to say this in a game where the default behavior of the game is to automatically advance to the next world tier. Making people that change the world tier to a different one than the one set by the game the exception. Is not then that they are advancing the WT, is the game itself.

And the game make a strong statement by doing so. One that exist even if you ignore it.

This as well. The game off-handedly tells you that you can drop down to a lower world tier if the game's getting too difficult, but it has auto-advance world tier on by default and really seems like, despite what is apparently the optimal way to play, it wants you to move up as soon as a new world tier is available.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
People should probably learn to stop being too proud to grind out gear on the proper difficulty setting. You're not meant to get to WT15 by story end, that's level 42 gear and the final bosses will take you absolutely forever to melt down at that point.

Or you can continue stabbing yourself in the leg and going "why am i not having fun", i guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Been using this Pyro build and it feels really strong. Only on CT11 right now but I don't have the full Acari set or Fortress mod yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puH3LzChW4o

Life leech on Burn feels really broken since you're basically immortal(besides being one-shot) as long as something is burning. Only problem is the "Defend the obelisk" sections are annoying since it's a pretty close range build.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

dogstile posted:

People should probably learn to stop being too proud to grind out gear on the proper difficulty setting. You're not meant to get to WT15 by story end, that's level 42 gear and the final bosses will take you absolutely forever to melt down at that point.

I mean the industry already has plenty of examples where a few deaths trigger a pop-up that says "Would you like to lower the difficulty? There's another difficulty for babies. Just select 'I am a disappointment' from the main menu!"

Beyond that, it makes it sound like the loot is so much better at higher tiers. It's not, but you don't know that going in. You also don't know world tier is basically meaningless because the endgame uses its own tiers. You smash your face into that cheese grater for hours and get a handful of blues to show for it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

RatHat posted:

Been using this Pyro build and it feels really strong. Only on CT11 right now but I don't have the full Acari set or Fortress mod yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puH3LzChW4o

Life leech on Burn feels really broken since you're basically immortal(besides being one-shot) as long as something is burning. Only problem is the "Defend the obelisk" sections are annoying since it's a pretty close range build.

Gave this version a try and it is indeed very strong, gold boom town

That poor blighted rounds guy was there the whole map

Still learning to play with this, got to remember to stay close to a group of enemies so they all get the untamed power

Finally got a second fortress so I can slap vuln on that until I remember to check purple weapons to see if they have it

All of one expedition to upgrade to this from a blue

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 14, 2021

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Is there any table or reference for what's a good or bad roll for a level fore firepower and armor? I hate to spend money upgrading something just to learn if its going to be more or less firepower or armor at a higher level. Are the level and rarity upgrades just a flat addition so I can do the math in my head before spending titanium?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

There's this huge empty space in the bottom half of the crafting screen that could've been used to show all the mods you currently have equipped. Or literally any other useful info.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mailer posted:

I mean the industry already has plenty of examples where a few deaths trigger a pop-up that says "Would you like to lower the difficulty? There's another difficulty for babies. Just select 'I am a disappointment' from the main menu!"

Beyond that, it makes it sound like the loot is so much better at higher tiers. It's not, but you don't know that going in. You also don't know world tier is basically meaningless because the endgame uses its own tiers. You smash your face into that cheese grater for hours and get a handful of blues to show for it.

World tier isn't useless at end game. World tier 15 stuff meant I could immediately start clearing level 42 content.

It's not the dev's fault that people either refuse to read or refuse to level up their gear and expect to just clear the harder content. I'm willing to give them poo poo for the bugs/etc but they're not responsible for people being stupid.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

On the flip side, what's the most efficient way to get WT up on a character that we blitzed leveling on WT1?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Replay a short quest over and over again without dying. It's boring, but it works.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Depending on which class it is, Techno can start clearing CTs at 26.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

dogstile posted:

Replay a short quest over and over again without dying. It's boring, but it works.

so that one from the demo people grinded to death for legendaries...

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Floppychop posted:

On the flip side, what's the most efficient way to get WT up on a character that we blitzed leveling on WT1?

Probably redo all the hunt/bounty/historian quests so you build up your tier 3 mod library at the same time.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

chami posted:

Probably redo all the hunt/bounty/historian quests so you build up your tier 3 mod library at the same time.

That's what I'm doing. I blitzed doing only story missions, and then immediately jumped into expeditions. The "easy" train stopped at around CT11 for my technomancer and I'm going to actually make builds outside of just slapping the right T1 mods on blues. So I figured I may as well do the hunt/bounty/historian quests and the WT rewards to try and get good T3 mods.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 14, 2021

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Floppychop posted:

Fastest: Lava boss. Over and over.

Best Loot: Bounties and Hunts over and over.

Overall I'd say neither is really worth it though. Getting WT15 is only worth it for the rewards and the time investment isn't ideal.

Your time is better spent rushing CT rather than WT.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

Fastest: Lava boss. Over and over.

Best Loot: Bounties and Hunts over and over.

Overall I'd say neither is really worth it though. Getting WT15 is only worth it for the rewards and the time investment isn't ideal.

Your time is better spent rushing CT rather than WT.

My luck is absolutely abysmal. I've never gotten a legendary from an expedition, and I've done a far bit of grinding on them at CT13 on my Devastator. So I need to go for the guaranteed drops.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Floppychop posted:

I really like farming The Gate. Selecting the middle option gets you a couple of really mob dense areas that have good drop rates. Can easily get a 1/2 bar of the early WTs in there + drops. I still run it at WT15 because it's almost like doing a quick expedition without the timer and like a 1/4 of the time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's honestly not awful. Doing every bounty, historian and hunt starting from T12 got me to T15 by the end. And it was doable in an afternoon.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ultimately I am fine with them having a WTXP penalty.

What I am not fine with is not having an option to turn off the prompt that goes "hey it looks like you suck poo poo wanna turn down the WT" because I am totally this

dogstile posted:

too proud to grind out gear on the proper difficulty setting.

Doing the Chrysaloid for the first time i died a bunch and in that fight it's not even just a suggestion, they throw up a dialogue box that can make you accidentally lower the WT if you're trying to mash through the prompts

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

When is it better to try and silver/bronze higher tier expeditions versus play a tier or two lower and gold?

I haven’t done the math more than a quick mental calculation, but it seems like playing CT11-12-13(on some) and getting gold feels like more loot than chancing 13-14 on all and just eating the expense of leveling up something on the off chance something good drops. My friend and I are pretty solid about not wiping on 12 for all and 13 for most but he’s bugging me to “just put it on 14” but I know that not completing it at all is worse than at least some medal. I just don’t have the numbers to understand the actual trade off when the difference is “Gold at 12” vs “Silver at 13” for anything other than the highlighted, guaranteed 3 vs 4 legendary/epic rolls and the drop %. I’d rather get more rolls overall to try and get the right mix of stats, right now, since my armor is only about half of the right mix.

We’re close to edging up into the higher tiers but sometimes it’s just not there. (Looking at you, stun lock from an Alpha+Behemoth wave or literally any single attack from a bird. Or the several second Captain sanctuary skill at a bad time. Or an unlucky spotter aoe or sniper.)

I don’t like that they gated the last few expeditions as high as they did. I’m fine with expedition tiers that I’m not good enough or have grinded enough for, I don’t like that the “final level really this time” is gated behind CT15 which has to be borderline impossible for us now, on top of costing me hours of drop pod resources (at the rate I can get them comfortably.) Just let me play all of them and let the turbonerds jack up the difficulty for loot. I just wanna see whats in it. We did unlock CT15, but only with a random techno join with a full legendary straight up doing most of the work for us.

My friend, I think, is also starting to rightfully burn out from the grind. He wants to do real top tier content, but keeps trying out “new builds” each of which is less viable than blighted rounds for content we’re already just scraping by on until we get real top tier gear. I feel you buddy. :( I want to do my cyclone slash gimmick build in the high challenge tiers too, but it’s just not there. Hopefully we can spend a little more time to get at least to “not outright smashed” level at 15 and try eye of the storm before we put the game down.

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009

Floppychop posted:

I ground out 14-15 WT levels doing the reach the other side of the river story point from the First City zone.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Anime Store Adventure posted:

When is it better to try and silver/bronze higher tier expeditions versus play a tier or two lower and gold?

I haven’t done the math more than a quick mental calculation, but it seems like playing CT11-12-13(on some) and getting gold feels like more loot than chancing 13-14 on all and just eating the expense of leveling up something on the off chance something good drops. My friend and I are pretty solid about not wiping on 12 for all and 13 for most but he’s bugging me to “just put it on 14” but I know that not completing it at all is worse than at least some medal. I just don’t have the numbers to understand the actual trade off when the difference is “Gold at 12” vs “Silver at 13” for anything other than the highlighted, guaranteed 3 vs 4 legendary/epic rolls and the drop %. I’d rather get more rolls overall to try and get the right mix of stats, right now, since my armor is only about half of the right mix.

We’re close to edging up into the higher tiers but sometimes it’s just not there. (Looking at you, stun lock from an Alpha+Behemoth wave or literally any single attack from a bird. Or the several second Captain sanctuary skill at a bad time. Or an unlucky spotter aoe or sniper.)

I don’t like that they gated the last few expeditions as high as they did. I’m fine with expedition tiers that I’m not good enough or have grinded enough for, I don’t like that the “final level really this time” is gated behind CT15 which has to be borderline impossible for us now, on top of costing me hours of drop pod resources (at the rate I can get them comfortably.) Just let me play all of them and let the turbonerds jack up the difficulty for loot. I just wanna see whats in it. We did unlock CT15, but only with a random techno join with a full legendary straight up doing most of the work for us.

My friend, I think, is also starting to rightfully burn out from the grind. He wants to do real top tier content, but keeps trying out “new builds” each of which is less viable than blighted rounds for content we’re already just scraping by on until we get real top tier gear. I feel you buddy. :( I want to do my cyclone slash gimmick build in the high challenge tiers too, but it’s just not there. Hopefully we can spend a little more time to get at least to “not outright smashed” level at 15 and try eye of the storm before we put the game down.

Apparently, because of scaling woes, once you unlock higher tiered poo poo it gets scaled down worse than it would if you had good at-level gear (based on your overall gear level). I only read this from a friend who I think got it from Reddit, so that could be wrong, but I'm not sure.

So now even though I'm gear level 50 and can only comfortably play about level CT12-13 with him and get clears, I'm actually hurting myself at that tier. What I would need is to get actual legendaries and good drops to push to toward optimizing to 15 on the boring 'meta' shoot-forever build. Except getting those drops and leveling them up is a huge pain in the rear end, because getting them up to higher levels so that we can clear better content is expensive and actually ends up hurting us again because of the scaling.

I'm going to *hope* that this is maybe just a little overblown from reddit and not a real issue, because it feels really stupid to potentially take a step backward by upgrading my stuff. The solution someone had was to get a low level pistol so that your gear level averages out to the CT you're playing at, which isn't awful to do, but is still really annoying.

Are looter-shooters always this finicky at endgame? I just want to beat the final expedition with him. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's really dumb that there's scaling down for solo play in the first place; one of the joys of looter type games is getting to where you can shitstomp some lower stuff for quick gear/money/whatever if you want