Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, that flaming head sculpt looks both awesome and horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish they would re-release He-man.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rhyno posted:

I wish they would re-release He-man.

Maybe they can get a quick resculpt like this - any idea what head they could do with the same body?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's the Skeletor body right? So maybe they needed a quick release with minimal work.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Mildly on topic, but does anyone know if they are still planning on doing the BTAS Joker?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Why does he come packing a pair of pistols?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

So it seems that I have another Firefly and Cobra Viper coming. Fun!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dale-Taco posted:

Jealousssss! Firefly looks great.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dale-Taco posted:

Viper is the one figure in the whole line I'm missing. :smithicide:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Viper is the one figure in the whole line I'm missing. :smithicide:

I only have four Joes. I am content going without most of them, but I really wanted that Viper, and Target canceled my drat preorder earlier this year.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Surprised there aren't more The Last Airbender fans in here! Diamond shipped the latest wave this week, which includes Toph and Ozai, which I got from BBTS yesterday. They look great and come with tons of cool accessories. I'll post some pics once I break them from their plastic prisons. Only figure left for "team avatar' is Sokka, which is coming out mid-year.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Louisgod posted:

Surprised there aren't more The Last Airbender fans in here! Diamond shipped the latest wave this week, which includes Toph and Ozai, which I got from BBTS yesterday. They look great and come with tons of cool accessories. I'll post some pics once I break them from their plastic prisons. Only figure left for "team avatar' is Sokka, which is coming out mid-year.

Does he come with space sword and Wang fire head?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Kingtheninja posted:

Does he come with space sword and Wang fire head?

Don't know but I don't think so, haven't seen in package shots yet. It's his s1 outfit and so far only shows him with his boomerang. Toph however comes with her champion belt, which owns.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I saw an Aang and a Toph in store and man they looked rough.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Fuzz posted:

I saw an Aang and a Toph in store and man they looked rough.

Yeah, this is why I'm not super amped. I'm a huge Avatar/Korra fan, but I haven't been impressed with any of the figures so far. I'm also in the middle of downsizing my entire collection, though, so I'm in a hyper picky mode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some more new arrivals

And lucked into the minis at Target today

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I don't know who it is but that traffic light figure is so god drat dumb, I love it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fearless Photog! He was the the winning entry in the 80's character creation contest but the figure was never made until the Classics line.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

Some more new arrivals

Rhyno, who's the horde dr strange-ish masked figure? I'm drawing blanks on lots of your collection, but that one stands out to me in particular.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

I bought Aang at a convention in Jan 2020, and I saw the Walgreens cheaper versions of wave 1, but never saw news of any after that, but apparently that's on me missing them. Did they continue the Walgreens ones?

Plus there's that really good looking Aang coming from Loyal Subjects.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
They did! You can probably find Aang with his glider and Azula in Walgreens now. Maybe Zuko too.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Rhyno, who's the horde dr strange-ish masked figure? I'm drawing blanks on lots of your collection, but that one stands out to me in particular.

That guy came with the Classics Jet Sled (pictured in one of Rhyno’s earlier posts) and he was based on a background character who was riding said vehicle in some of the vintage packaging art. I always liked that guy and it was a cool little nod to the 80s art. I don’t think it’s actually a Horde logo on his chest, but it does look pretty similar, and I could picture displaying that guy with the Horde just for the hell of it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

They did! You can probably find Aang with his glider and Azula in Walgreens now. Maybe Zuko too.

I'd love a site that compared the regular and deluxe releases side by side.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I surprised myself tonight by buying the Neca Defenders of the Earth figures at Target. In-hand they are just so nice-looking and the nostalgia hit me hard. I used to love that show when I was a kid, it was a bright spot during kind of a lovely year for me back in the day. It's kind of a dim memory now, honestly, but a fond one. I had a couple of the 80s toys too, with the swingin' die-cast fists, and I have fond memories of those as well.

Target had four or five each of Phantom, Flash Gordon, and Ming the Merciless. The box art shows Lothar and Mandrake, but I don't think the figures actually exist yet? I can't picture those two selling out while these three warm the pegs.

The Ming figure in particular is just spectacular to look at. The sculpt and paint are pretty incredible. It was basically on the strength of that figure that I bought the whole set. I also really like all the accessories they come with. They even have blast effects for their laser guns, which you don't see a lot in off-the-shelf American toys these days. The box art is also really nice. I actually did not open the toys yet, I'm enjoying just admiring the presentation for a minute.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That guy came with the Classics Jet Sled (pictured in one of Rhyno’s earlier posts) and he was based on a background character who was riding said vehicle in some of the vintage packaging art. I always liked that guy and it was a cool little nod to the 80s art. I don’t think it’s actually a Horde logo on his chest, but it does look pretty similar, and I could picture displaying that guy with the Horde just for the hell of it.

His name is Sky High. He's the Sky Sled pilot and his weapon a set of Win Raider wings.

I believe the only vehicle left is Roton. Then six steeds and ill have all the stuff they can ride on.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Defenders of the Earth update: I checked a few video reviews before opening them because Neca QC can be hit and miss, and the consensus seems to be that it's a big miss in this case; paint chipping and joint breakage seem to be fairly rampant and people are saying heat these guys up well before you even try to move them.

The consensus is also that they are :krad: aside from these issues, but I think I might just leave them boxed until the weekend when I have time to deal with that poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
From some online research it says the Phantom comes with a Ring Effect and a Zuffy?

I didn't think the phantom's ring did anything other thank just leave a skull imprint on the people he punched? Also, what the hell is a Zuffy?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Zuffy's just the pet character of the series. I can't remember exactly where the pick him up, but one of the kids take him in.

The Phantom's ring doesn't shoot anything. They included that effect since they reused the molds from their DC Green Lantern figs.

And I can confirm the figs are super stiff out of the box, but are pretty fantastic once you get them moving.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I just remembered these existed. This is the sort of thing I remember filling KB Toys shelves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So close to Hard Hat Spider-Man

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Without the hat, archer Spider-man is just pleather coveralls rave Spidey

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah no wonder I was drawing a blank, that's a pretty deep dive for me. Thanks!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/ponettplus/status/1130876119828316161?s=19

Rhyno pro click.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

This is basically the story of everything made it the 80s.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BSS ACTION FIGURE MEGATHREAD: Put a fuckin saddle on it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rhyno posted:

BSS ACTION FIGURE MEGATHREAD: Put a fuckin saddle on it

:hmmyes:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That "Toys That Made Us" episode about He-Man was incredible. I finally got around to watching the feature length documentary "The Power of Grayskull" a couple days ago, and it was decent, but it was kind of a let-down compared to that episode... which was basically a way better version of the same thing. Like they told the "put a saddle on it" story but without the hilarious F-bomb, and it really toned down the stories about bluffing retailers about the comics and cartoon and then having to produce them to cover their tracks. It toned down a lot of the little artistic rivalries behind the scenes. The interviews for "Toys That Made Us" were so much livelier and more candid, and much funnier.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

FANS: Masters of the Universe draws obvious inspiration not only from the works of Robert E. Howard, but from decades of fantasy and sci-fi sources. You only need to look at the very first wave of figures to see how it weaves together influences ranging from Frank Frazetta to Jack Kirby to Alex Raymond. It could be considered one of the most perfect distillations of pulp and adventure stories ever produced, with each and every character its own rich archetype.

MATTEL: I don't care, put a loving saddle on it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That Loyal Subjects Aang is showing up in Targets now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

That Loyal Subjects Aang is showing up in Targets now.

If anyone sees one of these, please grab it for me! As usual, Target in NYC is rear end.