Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Qwertycoatl posted:

I want to know what Tai's day job is

I don't know how ranching works in Japan, but I'm inclined to say sheep dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
She's a part-time rooster.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Ibblebibble posted:

Y'know Kotaro doesn't look too bad as a hobo.

He looks like Eren Yeagar

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, I'm very happy that the songs in the show still loving slap, especially the ending song holy poo poo.

Also, did they improve the CGI from the first season?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/ComicsByXan/status/1382085748967448578?s=19

Neat

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Nice!

Now we just need some yuri in Season 2.

Which characters would make a good couple with each other?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 15, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:hellyeah:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Willo567 posted:

Nice!

Now we just need some yuri in Season 2.

Which characters would make a good couple with each other?

do you not already ship Ai and Junko?????

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ai and Junko aren’t dating? :confused:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Takoluka posted:

do you not already ship Ai and Junko?????

I do; I just wanted to see what you all would ship. I'd also ship Sakura X Saki.

Pollyanna posted:

Ai and Junko aren’t dating? :confused:

No, but I wouldn't blame you for thinking so, considering some of the promotional artwork featuring just the two of them

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1091260189326508035
https://twitter.com/gattu_og/status/1157472396888010752

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

I do; I just wanted to see what you all would ship. I'd also ship Sakura X Saki.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Poor Saki

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This new opening rocks!

And this episode was perfect.
I also love how you can tell when they did their own make up because the eyes look off.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Believe in the man who believes in Saga.

https://i.imgur.com/a0XfuN5.mp4

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:same:

https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1382763424137031686?s=19

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, the ending of the episode has me hopeful that this means they won't pass on, since (spoiler for the new episode) in the new episode, after Franchouchou inherits White Ryu's radio program, Saki tells the audience they aren't going anywhere, and that they shouldn't sweat it

Also, the part where Yugiri tells Lily that she loves her is so loving precious

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I love that in addition to the two metal heads, you can see Saki’s bosozuku co-leader’s daughter and her friends and their rivals in the audience crowd shots too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GhostStalker posted:

I love that in addition to the two metal heads, you can see Saki’s bosozuku co-leader’s daughter and her friends and their rivals in the audience crowd shots too.
The power of a delinquent's greeting: PLEASED TO MEET'CHA / 「夜露死苦」 :toughguy:

yes, the dumb, seemingly nonsensical yojijukugo has a reason for it. :mmmhmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCR-CGOjfwQ

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Saki best girl status re-confirmed.

We still need a Yugiri episode, though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope season 2 does more with Saki than season 1 did, she's always been my favorite.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I really like that they made her the leader. I'm no expert, but that role seems to usually go to the bright-eyed dreamer or the hard-working 'regular' type.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Sephyr posted:

I really like that they made her the leader. I'm no expert, but that role seems to usually go to the bright-eyed dreamer or the hard-working 'regular' type.

Especially since she was already a natural leader.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I hope that Saki gets over White Ryu, and finds another love that she can enjoy for all eternity.

I'm of course talking about Sakura

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That moment where White Ryu looked so sad about the fish was absolutely hilarious.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
What an amazing episode, Saki content is always the good poo poo. I always love her being so enthusiastic about random local Saga things that none of the others know or care about. Lily being completely over all of it this episode was really funny too.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Junko having her mind blown that her peers were dating in secret and she didn't know was a good minor moment.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Speaking of which, I will never understand the people who ship her with Kotaro just because she blushed when he asked her how she felt about Saga Rock.

Kotaro is too much of a dick to ever get a love interest anyway

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 16, 2021

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Episode got even better

https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/1383111765853081600?s=19

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ryu must have a grip of steel from riding a car like that all these years. What a legend

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Looked him up on Wikipedia because he sounded familiar. He’s one of the “mastermind” antagonists of Yakuza Kiwami 2 and I’ve been on a binge of that series lately, so that’s why he sounded familiar.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Willo567 posted:

Kotaro is too pure and wholesome to ever get a love interest anyway

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sindai posted:

Ryu must have a grip of steel from riding a car like that all these years. What a legend

Also buns of asbestos to deal with the heat of the engine.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Potential spoilers for episode 3: According to Saki's VA, apparently the girls are going to fact a huge crisis next episode. What do you all think it could ve? I think it will involve Ai leaving the group due to something related to Iron Frill.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There's an unresolved plotline involving those guys who were analyzing photos at the end of the last season.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yup. I can see them putting that investigation on the backburner since the group dropped off the radar, but with them returning to visibility, people would start looking into it again.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I thought the episode would have to do more with Ai and Iron Frill, seeing as how they're focused on in the preview for episode 3

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Since the original thread is locked I figured I'm gonna ask here: I started watching the first season and it seems ok so far, but is Tatsumi going to stop being an abusive shithead? It kinda takes the fun out of the rest of the series.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Hel posted:

Since the original thread is locked I figured I'm gonna ask here: I started watching the first season and it seems ok so far, but is Tatsumi going to stop being an abusive shithead? It kinda takes the fun out of the rest of the series.

He's... not exactly going to stop, but the girls won't be taking it lying down.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

narm00 posted:

He's... not exactly going to stop, but the girls won't be taking it lying down.

Well , that's enough for me to keep watching and see for myself at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Hel posted:

That's the reason I refuse to ship any of the girls with him, even Sakura.

Sakura and Ai would be much happier if they got with Saki and Junko respectively