Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS TRIANGLE 82 82.83%
JADE VS RED 8 8.08%
CHRIS VS DAX 2 2.02%
MATT VS DARB 7 7.07%
Total: 99 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW IS BACK!

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1382504682434617345

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 4/14 via FWOnline.com

quote:

The show opened with a Young Bucks video package where they talked about why they turned last week. They essentially repeated the Don Callis talking points from previous vignettes about "losing their edge."

Mike Tyson was about to talk about how excited he was to be here tonight, but MJF interrupted him, saying the Pinnacle is frustrated with him. He tried to get Tyson to turn on Jericho, saying he'd be on the "right side of history." MJF then offered Tyson a blank check, but Tyson ripped it up, chewed up the pieces, and spat them at MJF.

Don Callis joined commentary for this match. The Bucks got new gear (no more tassels).

AEW World Tag Team Championships: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) defeated Death Triangle (PAC & Rey Fénix)

This was one of the best tag team matches in Dynamite history. The Bucks are revitalized as heels.

PAC and Matt started off. They performed a choreographed chain wrestling sequence to start. Matt instinctively went to the babyface corner to tag his partner, but realized he was about to tag in Fénix. Both recovered and tagged in their partners, so it was Nick and Fénix in the match at this point. They had a great athletic sequence where both had each other's moves scouted until Nick just downed Fénix with a lariat.

Top tag title contenders, including SCU and Jurassic Express, were shown in the crowd. Fénix landed a springboard headbutt, PAC took out Matt with a Fosbury flop, then Fénix dove headfirst on Nick with his crazy tope suicida. Death Triangle isolated Matt in the ring, taking him out with a nice double team kick exchange.

A leg sweep allowed Matt to tag in Nick, who took out PAC with a soccer kick and then Fénix with a slingshot facebuster. A double dropkick got two as the Bucks beat down Fénix. Fénix sprung off the ropes with a double arm drag, allowing him to reach PAC for the hot tag. PAC hit kicks on Matt followed by a brainbuster for two.

PAC just smashed Matt's face into the turnbuckles repeatedly. He laid in more kicks, but Nick tripped PAC with the official distracted, allowing the Bucks to regain control. Both of the Bucks hit apron power bombs on their opponents. Back in the ring, Nick hit his rising corner knee strike on PAC, then Matt showboated into a back rake.

After a commercial break, the Bucks continued their beatdown of PAC until PAC sent both Bucks to the floor. He almost reached Fénix for a tag, but Nick pulled Fénix off the apron just in time. Matt continued to mock PAC before doing old babyface spots in a humorous manner. PAC popped up and leveled Matt with a lariat, buying him enough time to tag in Fénix.

Fénix immediately took out Nick with a springboard crossbody before hitting an insane springboard hurricanrana walking the ropes and using both Bucks as leverage. He then hit a double cutter on the Bucks for two. PAC tagged in for another strong double team, concluding with a Blue Thunder bomb for a close two.

Matt was able to tag in but was immediately flattened with a German suplex. PAC set him up for a second, but Fénix walked the ropes to prevent Matt from getting a rope break. Fénix hit an insane tope con giro on Nick as PAC killed Matt with another German for two.

PAC headed to the top rope, but Matt rolled out of the way of the Black Arrow. We then got a parade of superkicks, concluded with Nick landing a destroyer on Fénix. PAC and Matt traded strikes in the center of the ring, then both transitioned to the apron. Their respective partners each killed the other with stereo reverse hurricanranas. Nick sent Fénix to the ringside seating, cutting him off with a superkick upon re-entry, but Fénix popped right up and hit a cutter on the floor.

Back in the ring, PAC and Matt were the legal men. PAC landed a superplex followed by a frog splash from Fénix for a near fall. PAC tagged back in and climbed for the Black Arrow, hitting it. Fénix tried to run interference but Nick was able to break it up just in time. After dropping Fénix, Nick dragged his brother to the corner and tagged himself in, running into a boot from PAC.

PAC tried to hit another German on Nick, but Nick was able to cheap shot him with a low blow. Nick then unmasked Fénix, the legal man, then the Bucks hit stereo superkicks on Fénix to win and retain.

Hangman Page, flanked by the Dark Order, was interviewed by Alex Marvez about Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. Page wouldn't answer the question, instead talking about John Silver's injured shoulder.

The Inner Circle and Mike Tyson were interviewed by Alex Marvez about why Jericho and Tyson aren't enemies anymore. Jericho said he called Tyson to apologize after the Pinnacle turned on him. He's thankful that Tyson had his back last week, but he doesn't expect any special favors or treatment tonight. Tyson said he's firm, but fair, and may the best man win.

Jade Cargill defeated Red Velvet

Both women looked great here.

Velvet exploded out of the gate with strikes but was immediately leveled with a pump kick from Cargill. Velvet escaped out of a suplex attempt and landed a high kick, sending Cargill to the floor. She followed it up with a nice tope suicida on the outside. Velvet tried to keep up the attack, but Cargill fought back and sent Velvet into the barricade before tossing her into the crowd with a fallaway slam.

Cargill brought her opponent back into the ring the hard way with a delayed brainbuster ahead of the break. Once back, Velvet immediately hit a cyclone kick and avoided a corner spear, sending Cargill into the ring post. Cargill ran into repeated right hands until a leaping lariat from Velvet took her out. Velvet followed it up with a cazadora bulldog and a standing moonsault for two.

Velvet went to the top for a moonsault, but Cargill rolled out of the way and hit Jaded, a wheelbarrow facebuster, for the pin.

Britt Baker and Rebel were interviewed by Tony Schiavone about the rankings. She pointed out that Red Velvet just lost, so Baker should move up the rankings. Baker's going to keep winning matches on AEW Dark: Elevation to push her up the rankings on the way to taking Hikaru Shida's AEW Women's Championship.

They showed clips from Cody Rhodes vs. Aaron Solow from the AEW house show last Friday.

Anthony Ogogo (w/ The Factory) defeated Cole Carter

This was Ogogo's first match in AEW. He was joined by QT Marshall, Aaron Solow, & Nick Comoroto.

Carter tried to outwrestle Ogogo, so Ogogo just killed him with a gut punch, leading to the referee stoppage.

Miro addressed Kip Sabian, saying he's disappeared since Arcade Anarchy. He recommended that everyone else in AEW do the same.

Chris Jericho (w/ Sammy Guevara) defeated Dax Harwood (w/ Cash Wheeler) with special guest enforcer Mike Tyson

Both men worked really hard here and put together a very enjoyable TV match.

If anyone besides Guevara or Wheeler gets involved, they'll have to answer to Tyson.

They laid in strikes on each other right away, with Jericho hitting a hard right hand that sent Harwood to the floor. Jericho grabbed a chair, but Tyson took it from him (as the enforcer), allowing Harwood to attack. Harwood used the ring as a weapon, but Tyson stopped that as well, and Jericho took control once again.

Harwood regained control upon re-entry to the ring, beating Jericho down in the corner. Jericho fought back, forcing Harwood to regroup on the floor. It was a ruse as Harwood attacked with the microphone, then Harwood returned the favor with an attack with a pen. Jericho grabbed a ringside camera and did his signature middle finger spot.

Back in the ring, Harwood tossed Jericho shoulder-first into the ring post. He and Tyson exchanged words ahead of a commercial break, through which Harwood continued his beatdown of Jericho. Once back, the two exchanged chops before Jericho landed a couple shoulder tackles and a diving axe handle. Jericho then hit a Lionsault for two.

Harwood popped up with a strong elbow, leading to a stiff forearm exchange. Jericho downed Harwood with a lariat for two. Jericho attacked in the corner, but Harwood turned it into a rebound powerbomb for a near fall. Harwood tried to follow it up with a diving headbutt, but Jericho rolled out of the way and locked on the Lion Tamer. Wheeler landed a cheap shot, allowing Harwood to roll up Jericho for two.

Guevara took out Wheeler at ringside. Harwood avoided the Judas Effect and hit a brainbuster for a close near fall. Jericho then popped up with a Codebreaker, leading to the double down. The Pinnacle ran out, but the Inner Circle were pursuing them right behind, leading to a free-for-all brawl. Wheeler was about to attack Jericho with his bat, but Tyson took him out with a punch.

Jericho powered out of a powerbomb attempt and hit the Judas Effect for the pinfall.

– After the match, Jericho officially inducted Tyson into the Inner Circle.

Kenny Omega, Don Callis, the Young Bucks, and the Good Brothers cut a promo. Callis said we haven't seen anything yet. This is just the beginning of the story. Omega said they haven't changed, they're just themselves now. Matt Jackson put the AEW tag team division on notice, and Callis said to be prepared to be surprised again. The Bucks mimicked giving the camera man a superkick, but then Callis actually did.

A Thunder Rosa video package aired. She said she's not just taking over the AEW women's division, she wants to take over the world. Rosa's coming after whoever wins between Hikaru Shida and Tay Conti. and she also wants Serena Deeb.

Kris Statlander (w/ Best Friends) defeated Amber Nova

This was all a showcase for Statlander.

Statlander came out to the Best Friends' music. She "booped" the official at the start. They locked up and Nova got backed up the ropes, so Statlander just dropped her to the mat. Statlander booped Nova, caught a kick, and landed a stiff forearm. She followed it up with a powerslam.

Nova fired up for a moment but was just press slammed in return. Statlander followed it up with a cartwheel leg drop and a flipping senton. A roundhouse kick and a Big Bang Theory finished it.

Team Taz were interviewed by Dasha about waiting for a response from Christian Cage. Starks got frustrated of waiting, so Taz told him to stay backstage. Brian Cage said he agreed with Taz, but Taz told him to stay backstage as well. They want to lock up Christian tonight.

Christian and Shiavone talked in the ring. Christian said he was here to outwork everyone, but Taz (with Hobbs and HOOK) interrupted, frustrated that Christian's blown them off. Christian said Team Taz is a bit of a dumpster fire. He came to AEW to win championships and said no, insulting Taz along the way.

Taz fired up, calling out the audacity of Christian, until Hobbs walked into the ring and attacked. Hobbs got the advantage at the start, but Christian went for the Killswitch. A distraction from HOOK allowed Hobbs to level Christian and beat him down outside the ring.

Next week on Dynamite:

AEW Women's World Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Tay Conti
Christian Cage vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
Hangman Page vs. Ricky Starks
Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Trent?

After the announcement of Shida vs. Conti, a short video played hyping the match.

Hardy came out alone for the main event -- no Hardy Family Office with him.

TNT Championship: Darby Allin (c) defeated Matt Hardy in a Falls Count Anywhere match

Hardy immediately grabbed a chair and whacked Allin with it on a Coffin Drop attempt. He contiued to use the chair to beat down Allin on the floor. Allin had visible abrasions on his back. Back in the ring, Hardy challenged Allin to fire up before just downing him with a right hand and a neckbreaker for two.

The chair continued to be the focal point of Hardy's offense. Hardy placed Allin's head between the seat of the chair for a Twist of Fate, but Allin countered and returned some chair shots. Hardy Family Offices (Butcher, Blade, and Private Party) came out, with Butcher tossing a trash can in Allin's face. They all beat Allin down until the Dark Order and Sting came out to make the save. Sting got a long sequence where he sent Private Party packing with the baseball bat.

During the commercial break, the two factions continued to brawl as Hardy suplexed Allin into a trash can. Once back, Hardy whipped Allin across the steel steps and crashing into the barricade. Hardy covered on the floor for two. Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky ran out for some reason, but Lance Archer came out to stop them and sent them packing. Archer then hit Blackout on Isiah Kassidy before staring down with Sting.

Sting tossed Allin his bat as they were the only two out there. Hardy surprised Allin with a low blow before setting him up for the chair-assisted Twist of Fate. Hardy hit it on the stage for a close near fall. They brawled to the production area backstage, where Hardy set up a ladder and placed Allin on a table. Hardy climbed the ladder and hit a leg drop through the table for two.

They brawled back to the stage, where Hardy attempted to powerbomb Allin to the floor. Allin escaped and hit a low blow before cornering Hardy and laying in shots with Sting's bat. Allin used the bat to force Hardy onto the announce table before climbing some scaffolding and landing the Coffin Drop to win and retain.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1382512571102552069

https://twitter.com/theaustingunn/status/1382514581776531460

News
The House Always Wins was filmed by the TV crew with commentary.
Ivelisse is gone from AEW and shockingly has many things to say about Thunder Rosa!

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK
SHIDA VS CONTI
HOBBS VS CAGE (not the Team Taz one, they are fine)
STARKS VS PAGE
PENTA NO FEAR VS TRENT QUESTION MARK

May 5th
BLOOD AND GUTS

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA
Shida Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzuvPtwg5kin3AO1pGNf_5Q
AEW Games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXZbDPErhWzErj0iKy_Qrw

Your First Ever Sammy's Vlog BTE Champion

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Fourth TNT Champion:

Your Fourth AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to go to TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKUOJGyTc0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Such a good show, absolutely incredibly packed from start to finish.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big fan of AEW

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I watched nxt yesterday for the first time in forever, and I didn't hate it or anything, but man it just doesn't hold a candle when dynamite has a show like tonight

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I only saw the second half of the show but the half I saw was very good

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Miro will give a brutal beat down of Darby to get that TNT title one day. It's only a matter of when.

Unless Darby totally whiffs a Coffin Drop from a high height and puts himself out of commission for a bit, one day that's going to happen.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Wrestling is, in fact, good.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

One of the best dynamites, IMO.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
TAZ turning into a "pays you in exposure" guy was fantastic

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hell of a show. I bet the under on the viewership thing and I hope I’m wrong because that was a killer from start to finish.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can't watch NXT. When I tried it at my grandpa's house it just felt so artificial. I can't even put my finger on it. Like the production value just felt so directed by boardroom. Like a Disney live action remake.

AEW feels vibrant and alive. Also I still love that I got my 85 year old grandpa and my dad both into AEW after visiting with them for a few months. My grandpa is probably real happy NXT moved to Tuesday. Now he's got 4 wrestling shows to watch in a week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rskKAWVqRl8

"Penta says the show was not awesome"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Seams posted:

I only saw the second half of the show but the half I saw was very good

Go back and watch the opener if you can, it was killer

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Great show from start to finish honestly.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Love the Bucks as dickhead heels and Fenix is always a drat joy to watch disagree with gravity

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

opening match of One FC just ended with a liver shot

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Hell of a show. I bet the under on the viewership thing and I hope I’m wrong because that was a killer from start to finish.

The numbers probably won't be so great right away if only because it's a taped show and they tend to not do as well. But holy poo poo that was a great show and I'm hoping it helps next week's numbers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Girlfriend saw a bit of the second hour:
-Loves Statlander, wants to see her more often now that she's back.
-Also loves Darby and knew he would retain. Cheered for DO, was bummed that Matt wasn't Broken anymore

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ogogo is such a star.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Another win for the good guys :grin:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

i mean that just good branding right there

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Itoh put the clown in a cool submission.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

MassRafTer posted:

Ogogo is such a star.

A star with a sensitive mouth.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Ogogo is such a star.

love his theme

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

love his theme

they should probably lose the big ben bells imo

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Tonight was an all-time great episode.

PAC/Fenix vs the Bucks is probably my favorite TV match of the year. That could have easily main evented a PPV.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

jade cargill looks like a goddamn superhuman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

they should probably lose the big ben bells imo

big ben bells, the boxing bell rings, the actual bell ringing at the start and end of the match, followed by the bells in the song again, Anthony Ogogo is a bell-themed wrestler

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1382489245621874688?s=20

Dax the Ax speaks the truth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone in the thread mentioned the Olympic rings. Ogogo's logo is styled after the rings but with two Gs in there too so it should be just different enough not to get sued!

But it's the Olympics so they will sue. And win.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

big ben bells, the boxing bell rings, the actual bell ringing at the start and end of the match, followed by the bells in the song again, Anthony Ogogo is a bell-themed wrestler

makes sense hes managed by a complete bellend then

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1382496704822398976?s=20

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that was such a good step up from last week

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Alaois posted:

Call his finisher the Bell End

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
“Where Is My Mind” fits Statlander so well.

I just don’t want to lose “BOW-BA BOW-BA BOW-BA BEST FRIENDS!”

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
1.4 million

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

when was Ogogo on? I somehow completely missed it and Im not sure how.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like they should do something where the faction theme plays as the entrance and the individual theme plays as the exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CobiWann posted:

“Where Is My Mind” fits Statlander so well.

I just don’t want to lose “BOW-BA BOW-BA BOW-BA BEST FRIENDS!”

the Best Friends should have 3 separate Pixies songs

OC keeps Where Is My Mind?

Trent and Chuck get Monkey Gone To Heaven

Kris gets Motorway To Roswell