Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

hello posters, it is my birthday today, normally i get really down about my birthdays but i'm not feeling that anywhere near as much this year

happy birthday!!!! :toot:

edit: :widowsnypa:

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

loving Shadow Teddie. :wth:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hey chat thread what game should i play next after im done with the one im on, astral chain or 13 sentinels

im gonna play both eventually but idk which one should come first

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

melons suck

Mix. posted:

hey chat thread what game should i play next after im done with the one im on, astral chain or 13 sentinels

You picked the perfect two games to keep me from answering, I can’t choose

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Melons are a low tier class of fruitstuff for sure but they can be ok

Berries are where it's at imo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
whatever more megamelons for me

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love melons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if anyone gets the humble monthly and doesn't want their copy of main assembly, hmu, I'd like to get a second copy so my nephew and I can play it together. I'll trade something for it

thank you snu i'm sorry for saying you have no honor

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 15, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Walla posted:

loving Shadow Teddie. :wth:

Hell yeah you are plowing through this game, I was worried I was gonna have to just sit on these P4 opinions for like two months

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Teddie sucks :colbert:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Salted watermelon is where it's at

HELL yes.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Melons are pretty bad, Watermelons are easily the best melon by virtue of tasting like nothing instead of bad

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i’m playing the 2001 fps “ecks vs. sever” for the game boy advance. it’s based on an early script for the notoriously bad action movie “ballistic: ecks vs. sever,” and they really made the most of having this script by just using extremely long excerpts from it in the place of cutscenes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I picked up the new 8bitdo Pro 2 and it's a really nice controller, probably both for PC as well as Switch (especially consider it's $20 cheaper than the Pro Controller once you can actually get it again). If you already have a controller you like or the Pro Controller it's pretty hard to recommend, though. It'd be a sidegrade at best unless you are specifically looking for something with detailed bindings settings or want the back buttons. Feels pretty good in the hand, especially if you prefer symmetrical sticks.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mix. posted:

I would go with 13 sentinels.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

xedo posted:

HELL yes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I picked up the new 8bitdo Pro 2 and it's a really nice controller, probably both for PC as well as Switch (especially consider it's $20 cheaper than the Pro Controller once you can actually get it again). If you already have a controller you like or the Pro Controller it's pretty hard to recommend, though. It'd be a sidegrade at best unless you are specifically looking for something with detailed bindings settings or want the back buttons. Feels pretty good in the hand, especially if you prefer symmetrical sticks.

I picked one up the other day, waiting for it to arrive. I desperately need a new controller that will work with my PC because my PS4 controller disconnects the nanosecond you move a tiny bit so I have to gently caress around with the cord once every 30 seconds

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I picked one up the other day, waiting for it to arrive. I desperately need a new controller that will work with my PC because my PS4 controller disconnects the nanosecond you move a tiny bit so I have to gently caress around with the cord once every 30 seconds

i think setting it to switch mode and using it on pc is better than x-input mode personally, it fixed a lot of the weirdness and frustration i was having with it, intially.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

No Bluetooth on the PC?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

yeah I'm excited for apples too

Drop that red delicious garbage for a real apple like pink lady.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rinkles posted:

No Bluetooth on the PC?

I bought a bluetooth adapter and it works fine but it's got a really limited range and the battery life isn't great because of the cord connection. I could technically re-sync it back with the PS4 to charge it but that's a pain in the rear end, and plugging the controller in to charge will cause it to activate because the last time I tried playing wirelessly while charging I somehow hit the correct series of buttons to purchase several Dragon Ball Z video games from the playstation store

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Mix. posted:

You should play 13 Sentinels and you should livepost your reactions into this thread.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I just use whatever micro USB cable I have lying around for charging.

That said, the DS4Windows experience isn't without issues. But I put up with it because I don't want to spend that much on a new controller, and you get a lot of extra functionality thanks to the touchpad. For some games it gives me extra bindings, for others media controls.

Also great thing about it is that it has given a second life to a DS4 that was practically useless on PS4 because of stick drift and a trigger that didn't depress 100%. On PC I just adjusted the deadzones a bit and it works just fine.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

playing sekiro on ultra hard mode...

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the chick they made for Strikers looks like she's a character from a different anime, like it's a crossover episode

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Big deal, the worst thing is they put a Sophia in a game that had a Yaldabeaoth and had it so she didn't create him. Amateurish.

gently caress off Atlas you hacks

Bring back Nyarlathotep as the real bad guy behind the scenes

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm glad the ME remaster is focusing on the important bits.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

it's the me2 or 3 doctor's uniform which was a higher res base to work off. whether they should have paid more attention/this is a big deal, is up to you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's not even Liara.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the background looks worse somehow

also what are the odds of SaGa Frontier unlocking at midnight? none? zero?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Ah, so that's where Rosaria's boobs went.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mass Effect got hornier as it went along so any updated models will of course be "enhanced" like that

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

Reminds me of the first Dragon Age where the women all had the same body model with giant knockers

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Unlocks at 9 pacific time on Switch I think?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

The Playstation store countdown says it unlocks in 17 minutes :dance:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

Unlocks at 9 pacific time on Switch I think?

in god's own time zone, eastern, that's midnight

I ask because I think sometimes third party titles will unlock at like, noon EST that day. I wanna go play in bed for a little bit before I knock out!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Depth of field. You can see it here (part way down) without all the compression

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/visual-improvements

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Depth of field. You can see it here (part way down) without all the compression

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/visual-improvements

I can tell what they're going for but I think a lot of people are going to play through this and go "gee, this doesn't look all that good in places"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Biting the bullet and getting an 8bitdo controller was a huge improvement to playing games emulated. Constantly loving with ds4 windows was driving me mad, bluettot on the ds4 is awful to set up, and the battery life was terrible.

The 8bitdo's got way more battery life, sets up easy, turns off automatically, and it just feels better to play snes games with a snes like controller.

Now I need to get a genesis version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Got my covid shot first dose

JollyBoyJohn posted:

hello posters, it is my birthday today, normally i get really down about my birthdays but i'm not feeling that anywhere near as much this year

Hppy brthdy