Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so what you're saying is that bitcoin is 100% solar powered and carbon-neutral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Our biggest enemy, the Sun, is finally defeated. All thanks to Bitcoin!

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

time to blot out the sky with ash.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

look, if you get enough innocent people shot, it's going to encourage policies and personal efforts to add defenses for innocent people to not get shot so much. it's actually a good thing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
remember when xtal said it was cringe to compare energy cost cuz it's like fruit when he had a perfectly good example in bitcoiners comparing it to adolescent girls or whatever

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

remember when xtal said it was cringe to compare energy cost cuz it's like fruit when he had a perfectly good example in bitcoiners comparing it to adolescent girls or whatever

Brazil.txt

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Alan Smithee posted:

to the giant anarchist brain comparing any two things is misogyny

for you see comparing amount of power used by one thing to amount of power used by another thing is like comparing fetus sizes to the sizes of different fruit which can be tenuously tied to some outdated terminology used by old doctors

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is comparing the size of a fetus to fruits and vegetables seriously something that people are upset about now?

seriously?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

is comparing the size of a fetus to fruits and vegetables seriously something that people are upset about now?

seriously?

it's something xtal is upset about, i haven't actually seen any other references to anyone else upset about it, including the reference xtal themselves posted, so who knows

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/rulesobeyer/status/1382607811247505409

edit: has anyone said buttcoin xtal valdez?

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 15, 2021

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pile Of Garbage posted:

edit: has anyone said buttcoin xtal valdez?

NFT's generate 1 of these per day

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Shame Boy posted:

it's something xtal is upset about, i haven't actually seen any other references to anyone else upset about it, including the reference xtal themselves posted, so who knows

I think I read something similar in the book, "Deconstruction and other post modern analysis by idiots".

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SYSV Fanfic posted:

I think I read something similar in the book, "Deconstruction and other post modern analysis by idiots".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I, too, had to give up being a cyberpunk werewolf before my conversion.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Skull & bones? But I have both of those

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

okay a third down two thirds to go

maybe you’ll get a free frosty with your possession if you try all of them

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

Does remote viewing include VNC?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

I never said I was upset about it, I made a one sentence observational joke that people blew up about, lol. Had zero judgments or anything that even looked like judgments.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's only a matter of time before bitcoin ends up on one of these lists.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

xtal posted:

I never said I was upset about it, I made a one sentence observational joke that people blew up about, lol. Had zero judgments or anything that even looked like judgments.

so, without inferring judgment, your "joke" reads as:

comparing bitcoin energy usage to countries is [a helpful way to help the average person grasp an abstract concept]

which I agree with, but isn't very funny.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It was like "ha, bitcoin is like a baby." You might be looking too much into it.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What's a baby? Is that like a sack of apples, but human?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mcsweeneys/status/1382676329045184514

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

xtal posted:

It was like "ha, bitcoin is like a baby." You might be looking too much into it.

yeah, that's true. doctors be like "your fetus is about the size of a blueberry this week. that's already a loving travesty, and something should really be done to stop it before it gets any bigger. please get an abortion before it's as big as an apple."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i was really hoping this was real because I want to think jack chick had to learn what "cyberpunk culture" was before he died but no it's from stealth advertising for a short film about bobby jindal that appears to be stealthy enough that nobody realized it was actually an ad for the film

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

i was really hoping this was real because I want to think jack chick had to learn what "cyberpunk culture" was before he died but no it's from stealth advertising for a short film about bobby jindal that appears to be stealthy enough that nobody realized it was actually an ad for the film

lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

haha all i said was that comparing power usages was the nerdy version of fruit baby charts lol then i just happened to mention that fruit baby could be read as misogynistic haha you know just as a funny thing lololol i definitely wasn't trying to own you all lol you guys just don't get jokes hahahahahahaha

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe if you didn't get owned all the time you wouldn't be so used to seeing it everywhere?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

xtal valdez posted:

Maybe if you didn't get owned all the time you wouldn't be so used to seeing it everywhere?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

what the hell is 'backmasking' and what's wrong with trilateralism (encouraging friendly relations between three nations)?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Boxturret posted:

does anyone else think it's weird how many birds are on this website

birds aren't real

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The_Franz posted:

what the hell is 'backmasking' and what's wrong with trilateralism (encouraging friendly relations between three nations)?

see my earlier post, trilateralism is probably just a joke they put in there. but backmasking is definitely a real one that jack chick was worked up over, it's when evil satan bands put HAVE GAY SEX WITH THE DEVIL backwards in a song so it hypnotically corrupts the youth and pretty soon little timmy from the house on the corner is having gay sex with the devil because he made the mistake of listening to N'Sync or whatever

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shame Boy posted:

see my earlier post, trilateralism is probably just a joke they put in there. but backmasking is definitely a real one that jack chick was worked up over, it's when evil satan bands put HAVE GAY SEX WITH THE DEVIL backwards in a song so it hypnotically corrupts the youth and pretty soon little timmy from the house on the corner is having gay sex with the devil because he made the mistake of listening to N'Sync or whatever

Trilateralism, or more specifically the "trilateral commission", has fostered antisemitic conspiracy theories :negative:.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

gschmidl posted:

Trilateralism, or more specifically the "trilateral commission", has fostered antisemitic conspiracy theories :negative:.

oh right the trilateral commission, completely forgot about that one yeah

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

xtal posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

misread this as 11 ways to kill a chud

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I'm the marihuana

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SYSV Fanfic posted:

I'm the marihuana

id like to get to know u better

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

catspleen posted:

Does remote viewing include VNC?

Only on Netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shame Boy posted:

but backmasking is definitely a real one that jack chick was worked up over, it's when evil satan bands put HAVE GAY SEX WITH THE DEVIL backwards in a song so it hypnotically corrupts the youth and pretty soon little timmy from the house on the corner is having gay sex with the devil because he made the mistake of listening to N'Sync or whatever

I thought that was the point of boy bands in general? Or at least that’s what I (repeatedly) told my 12 year old sister when she wrapped her room in New Kids on the Block posters. Because boy bands were undeniably gay. Just listen to their “music.” And their fans are all 10 year old girls (so, so gay!). ofc I was 14 at the time and she was very annoying when it was her turn in the mini-van on Sundays to choose the music...