Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Ben Quebec posted:

But the whole point of savory and sweet is for the opposing flavors to intersect and runaway syrup is the medium in which it does.

Precutting your food is for children or the bulimic

Wot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Go stand over in the corner with the guy that keeps his syrup in a bowl. You can talk about ratios. :mad:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Ben Quebec posted:

But the whole point of savory and sweet is for the opposing flavors to intersect and runaway syrup is the medium in which it does.

What about my bulimic children?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Ben Quebec posted:

I don't get why someone would precut their pancakes.

You slice up everything on your plate as soon as it lands on the table in front of you, while continuing your loud conversation with the other people at your table (or at the next table, or with the waitress, or just to yourself, muttering). Then you can one-hand everything, leaving your other hand for coffee, orange juice, and wild gesticulating. That the syrup goes where it goes is irrelevant.

C'mon, your user name is Ben Quebec. Surely you're familiar with the idea of waving your hand around while stuffing your face and complaining about the government?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ben Quebec posted:

I don't get why someone would precut their pancakes.

They're a Cenobite.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Caedus posted:

No. You keep the syrup off to the side of the plate or a separate bowl and you dip your pre-buttered pancake squares into the syrup. Perfect ratio every time, and the bottom pancake doesn't turn into mush. I will not be taking further questions

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you're the motherfucker who leaves a table covered in syrup

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
this whole playlist of idiots trying to get rid of hornet nests feels like it belongs in here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK7YTXgop1wRt1ytrj7t12VjK2GwTf3mA

few screencaps so this isn't just a youtube link

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In about a week the vaccines will have fully kicked in, which means I'm going on a grand tour of my local breakfast places.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Pro tip:
Use a pizza cutter to cut your pancakes in to whatever shapes you want.

schmug
May 20, 2007

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Pro tip:
Use a pizza cutter to cut your pancakes in to whatever shapes you want.

How about dipping your pizza in syrup? This is supposedly a thing somewhere in America, but I'm drawing a blank where.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Ben Quebec posted:

Somehow the quebecois is correct. Lift the cake, add a little, repeat.

Then you have maple bacon, maple eggs, maple eyes, maple legs. Eventually you just move to Vermont and have maple wife.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

schmug posted:

How about dipping your pizza in syrup? This is supposedly a thing somewhere in America, but I'm drawing a blank where.

I've heard of it but never seen it irl. Sounds like one of those urban legends.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

schmug posted:

I have been drunk and squirted Mike’s Hot Honey on pepperoni pizza before and I’m not gonna lie it was pretty tasty.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

1) Roll up your buttered pancake.
2) Pick it up.
3) Pour syrup in one end
4) Bite
Repeat 3) and 4) until done

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

:kstare:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's like looking at one of those pictures that's what it feels liek to have a stroke. I dont even know what's going on

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's like looking at one of those pictures that's what it feels liek to have a stroke. I dont even know what's going on

Guy is sawing off a hornet nest from a branch while below await two women with a garbage bag ready to catch the falling nest. I'm sure this went off with out a hitch and everyone was definitely fine.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I removed a bald-faced hornet's nest from a bush in my yard and kept it.

Protips:

1) Bald-faced hornets, like most of us, are actually pretty chill if you don't gently caress with them or their home. I could stand two feet from the nest and they just...flew past me to get wood pulp & water.

2) Wait until at least late September or October
3) Wait until it gets below 50-degrees
4) Look for signs of unrepaired damage (the nests get torn by high winds, they will repair it within a day or two)
5) Once confirmed, approach the nest late at night and spray a quick shot of mosquito repellent in the opening while retreating briskly (it helps to have a few beers first).
6) If no response to DEET is forthcoming (This means the queen has died or migrated into a ground burrow for the winter and whoever is left is waiting to die), get boozed up, and around midnight, get your drunken neighbor to stand by with a large trash receptacle with lid at the ready. Have him cut the branches holding the nest and then lower it swiftly but carefully into the can & slap on the lid.

After this I put a Raid Fumigator (edit: which issues only dry smoke via a chemical reaction with water) on top of the nest and taped the lid onto the trash can & left it for 24-hours.

Profit:

edit: and yes, the sight of it can provoke a visceral response in some folks. And no, it's not a table centerpiece, you dingdongs. :)

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 15, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

PainterofCrap posted:

I removed a bald-faced hornet's nest from a bush in my yard and kept it.

Protips:

1) Bald-faced hornets, like most of us, are actually pretty chill if you don't gently caress with them or their home. I could stand two feet from the nest and they just...flew past me to get wood pulp & water.

2) Wait until at least late September or October
3) Wait until it gets below 50-degrees
4) Look for signs of unrepaired damage (the nests get torn by high winds, they will repair it within a day or two)
5) Once confirmed, approach the nest late at night and spray a quick shot of mosquito repellent in the opening while retreating briskly (it helps to have a few beers first).
6) If no response to DEET is forthcoming (This means the queen has died or migrated into a ground burrow for the winter and whoever is left is waiting to die), get boozed up, and around midnight, get your drunken neighbor to stand by with a large trash receptacle with lid at the ready. Have him cut the branches holding the nest and then lower it swiftly but carefully into the can & slap on the lid.

After this I put a Raid Fumigator on top of the nest and taped the lid onto the trash can & left it for 24-hours.

Profit:

Cool. Just what my wife and I surely have always wanted. A raid scented, fear inducing, fragile, unsanitary table centerpiece that only prompts questions of "What" and "Why" and no one would really care what the answers were. Awesome. (Neat little project tho)

Also, re: pancakes; No dipping into a separate bowl. Pre-butter and syrup, but no pre-cutting, that's fuckin' weird. The hell is wrong with you? That's signs of autism or some other obsessive compulsive issue. However, that said, I'll also label myself as such because I don't like them around my eggs, because I don't like syrup on eggs. I'm not normally a "Oh no! Don't let foods touch!" baby because I think that poo poo is stupid. In this case, I just don't like syrup on eggs :/ Getting some on hashbrowns/bacon though is ok. Thank you for attending my lecture on The Only Way to Eat Pancakes you Heathens

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there are people who specialize professionally in dealing with massive bee or hornet infestations and they post videos of their exploits for us to enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpcdL01VQNU

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Not hornets but equally appropriate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-60pHtfqMU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Those hornet vids show a flabbergasting lack of ability to think more than half a step ahead. I mean they obviously had enough time to come up with a plan, and that'd the best they could do? How did these fuckwits make it to adulthood?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Outrail posted:

Those hornet vids show a flabbergasting lack of ability to think more than half a step ahead. I mean they obviously had enough time to come up with a plan, and that'd the best they could do? How did these fuckwits make it to adulthood?

Barely.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

schmug posted:

I think that's a high altitude thing. Had some pizza with honey (for the crust mainly) in Idaho Springs once and it was delicious.

Edit: misread syrup as honey.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CaptainBeefart posted:

I think that's a high altitude thing. Had some pizza with honey (for the crust mainly) in Idaho Springs once and it was delicious.

that place in Idaho Springs is the only place I've ever seen honey with pizza

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i make bespoke pizza dippin' sauce out of bbq and hot sauce. maybe a splash of this if i'm feeling sassy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Honey is the secret ingredient in my homemade pizza sauce as well.

I use canned, diced roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes, and a bit of honey (I try to keep it light), and then as it cooks, sorta mash up the tomatoes until it gets to a 'rough puree' stage. *kisses fingers* *farts gently*

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Honey on pizza is pretty normal in the bay area. Not really trying to put it in the sauce though. You want the flavor contrast of the acidic sauce and sweet honey, ideally with sliced pickled peppers or something else with a vinegar profile.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah? No wonder that area is so filthy and degenerate given that awful suggestion. I'd rather be dead than do that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What's with some people's obsession with collecting wasps nests? Is it like how some people like horror films? Or giant spiders?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

human garbage bag posted:

What's with some people's obsession with collecting wasps nests? Is it like how some people like horror films? Or giant spiders?

One of those idiots read 'stuck your dick in a hornets nest' and it took off like fidget spinners.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Voice of Labor posted:

I don't get why someone would get pancakes when waffles exist

THANK YOU!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i could go for some Belgian waffles, but that ain't American. Belgium doesn't even really exist, it's a waffle from nowhere, deeply weird.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Waffles are just pancake batter put ina waffle iron and yes they are better than pancakes (crunchy)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pancake batter makes an excellent corn dog though.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Pannenkoeken is where it's at though. Flavorful, thin and potentially crispy if made right. Gonna make some now when I get home.

schmug
May 20, 2007

CaptainBeefart posted:

No you're right. I was thinking of honey. lol

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Taima posted:

Honey on pizza is pretty normal in the bay area. Not really trying to put it in the sauce though. You want the flavor contrast of the acidic sauce and sweet honey, ideally with sliced pickled peppers or something else with a vinegar profile.

The Bay Area has a lot of terrible pizza. And some good pizza. It is a land of contrasts, and horrible traffic.

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah? No wonder that area is so filthy and degenerate given that awful suggestion. I'd rather be dead than do that.

Harsh, but fair.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I despise sweet things for the most part, but the best use of honey for me is this thing a friend of mine recommended that is apparently an old Jewish thing: tiny drops of honey right on each bite of a granny smith apple. Really tasty

Also granny smith supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
honey chat, i ordered a jar of this and am waiting for an excuse to open it up.

https://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/2020/11/23/spotted-lanternfly-honey-pennsylvania/