Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was there a balance pass today or something? Or are the guys in Outrider's Legacy finale and the second part of the Forest just exceptionally weak? I've just been able to facetank bosses and captains at level 25/WR12 on Devastator with none of my gear seeming to explain it. As long as I interrupt/dodge big moves my natural regeneration outpaces their guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

fast cars loose anus posted:

It's really dumb that there's scaling down for solo play in the first place; one of the joys of looter type games is getting to where you can shitstomp some lower stuff for quick gear/money/whatever if you want

Pretty much this. The lovely thing about Diablo is that it never seems to decide that I'm too powerful and that I need to click on the skeletons a few more times until they explode.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

It's really dumb that there's scaling down for solo play in the first place; one of the joys of looter type games is getting to where you can shitstomp some lower stuff for quick gear/money/whatever if you want

Another layer to this stupidity is that other games have this solved: All content scales to your power level, but the drops adjust accordingly

Outriders scales you to content then gives you low level poo poo

*or they give the option to scale to the host, in which case you are a god and ruin everything for everyone else - but that's why it's an option

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Anime Store Adventure posted:

When is it better to try and silver/bronze higher tier expeditions versus play a tier or two lower and gold?

I haven’t done the math more than a quick mental calculation, but it seems like playing CT11-12-13(on some) and getting gold feels like more loot than chancing 13-14 on all and just eating the expense of leveling up something on the off chance something good drops. My friend and I are pretty solid about not wiping on 12 for all and 13 for most but he’s bugging me to “just put it on 14” but I know that not completing it at all is worse than at least some medal. I just don’t have the numbers to understand the actual trade off when the difference is “Gold at 12” vs “Silver at 13” for anything other than the highlighted, guaranteed 3 vs 4 legendary/epic rolls and the drop %. I’d rather get more rolls overall to try and get the right mix of stats, right now, since my armor is only about half of the right mix.

We’re close to edging up into the higher tiers but sometimes it’s just not there. (Looking at you, stun lock from an Alpha+Behemoth wave or literally any single attack from a bird. Or the several second Captain sanctuary skill at a bad time. Or an unlucky spotter aoe or sniper.)

I don’t like that they gated the last few expeditions as high as they did. I’m fine with expedition tiers that I’m not good enough or have grinded enough for, I don’t like that the “final level really this time” is gated behind CT15 which has to be borderline impossible for us now, on top of costing me hours of drop pod resources (at the rate I can get them comfortably.) Just let me play all of them and let the turbonerds jack up the difficulty for loot. I just wanna see whats in it. We did unlock CT15, but only with a random techno join with a full legendary straight up doing most of the work for us.

My friend, I think, is also starting to rightfully burn out from the grind. He wants to do real top tier content, but keeps trying out “new builds” each of which is less viable than blighted rounds for content we’re already just scraping by on until we get real top tier gear. I feel you buddy. :( I want to do my cyclone slash gimmick build in the high challenge tiers too, but it’s just not there. Hopefully we can spend a little more time to get at least to “not outright smashed” level at 15 and try eye of the storm before we put the game down.

If you cant gold ct 15-14, then yes do lower ones because their gold will be higher legendary reward than ct15 sliver. On my technomancer I breeze through ct15, on my pyromancer I just do ct14. Maybe I can do ct15 in time on the pyro but gently caress that stress. poo poo is only 5% more drop rate.

Aphrodite posted:

Was there a balance pass today or something? Or are the guys in Outrider's Legacy finale and the second part of the Forest just exceptionally weak? I've just been able to facetank bosses and captains at level 25/WR12 on Devastator with none of my gear seeming to explain it. As long as I interrupt/dodge big moves my natural regeneration outpaces their guns.

There is just humps in the games story where you get your rear end kicked until you start kicking all the rear end.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
While I'm busy whining about things, the decision to just blow over the shards you spent on leveling an item's attributes if you level the item up is awful and I'm glad I figured it out early before wasting too many of the shards I had saved up, especially since you can't buy them and are purely at the mercy of loot drops as to which you get.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://i.imgur.com/KHQWDy5.mp4

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Tru

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I went back to reset the hunt and bounty quests just to see since I've been knee-deep in expeditions lately.

For reference I have 6 of 8 pieces at 49, with the other two being 48. I'm doing this on WT15 which is level 42 enemies. It takes me multiple twisted rounds boosted autoshotgun shots to take down even the regular mobs, much less elites. They still drop level 42 loot which means even on the offchance I got something worth using I'd have to spent tons of mats to make it useful to me. This is loving dumb. I should be oneshotting every single open world mob at item level 49.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Top shelf username/post combo

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah I went back to reset the hunt and bounty quests just to see since I've been knee-deep in expeditions lately.

For reference I have 6 of 8 pieces at 49, with the other two being 48. I'm doing this on WT15 which is level 42 enemies. It takes me multiple twisted rounds boosted autoshotgun shots to take down even the regular mobs, much less elites. They still drop level 42 loot which means even on the offchance I got something worth using I'd have to spent tons of mats to make it useful to me. This is loving dumb. I should be oneshotting every single open world mob at item level 49.

Unequip 1 armor slot and it should drop your ilevel enough. It's a bizarrely stupid system.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

So. The entire endgame once you can clear CT15 is parking all your chars at the vendor in rift town and trench town and relogging them every 30 minutes looking for greens or blues with the right stats.

Then when you run out of money not getting good rolls you go mash out an easy t15 expedition, and turn all the drop pod resources into other currencies and rinse repeat.

I mean it's great for WFH between meetings but uh...yeah my group are all flagging. Especially as the solo viable builds that use all the many on kill effects are just unreliable as hell in 3 player.

CT15 saying its designed for group is hilarious when there's no group synergy at all.

E: I mean don't get me wrong, my wife mains a devestator and watching her stampeding up a sniper kill alley sending mooks scattering out of cover bleeding and on fire is glorious to behold as I pick them off, but she really is done with having less than 1/6th of my damage and nearly no threat control or group utility.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 15, 2021

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You've won the game, roll second credits

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mebh posted:

CT15 saying its designed for group is hilarious when there's no group synergy at all.

There is a ton of group synergy is just that scaling is busted and the netcode is laggy.

Pyromancer can increase dmg on targets by 80% for everyone in the party. This can be 105% if the pyro is using the fire wave 25% more dmg taken also.
Devastator can give everyone 100% firepower.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Devastator can give everyone 100% firepower.

We tested the 100% FP set bonus earlier, it only applies to the devastator, not the group.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

While I'm busy whining about things, the decision to just blow over the shards you spent on leveling an item's attributes if you level the item up is awful and I'm glad I figured it out early before wasting too many of the shards I had saved up, especially since you can't buy them and are purely at the mercy of loot drops as to which you get.

If you disassemble the item you get back the shards you spent.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Wife officially burned out on expeditions. She could put up with WT14 Shaman fights but the dumb dps race was a no-go. It really sucks that despite a lot of thought and effort going into her freeze/heal support build (extremely effective at living through high WT campaign) it's just worthless at the endgame. Made me remember how fun it was setting dudes on fire and thermal bombing stuff early on instead of playing Third Person Assault Rifle Gun Game over and over.

Would love more objectives than timed murder sprees.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pinny posted:

We tested the 100% FP set bonus earlier, it only applies to the devastator, not the group.

Snap, well I know the pyro ones work.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Hypocrisy posted:

If you disassemble the item you get back the shards you spent.

Right but I don't want to disassemble it because this is the good item with the right attributes and mods that I want to take all the way to 50. Therefore any spending on raising those attributes is wasted when it rerolls when I level it, and therefore I am less effective than I could be on the way to 50.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh are shards just wasted if you plan on upgrading an item? That's a stupid system.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Right but I don't want to disassemble it because this is the good item with the right attributes and mods that I want to take all the way to 50. Therefore any spending on raising those attributes is wasted when it rerolls when I level it, and therefore I am less effective than I could be on the way to 50.

I think you only lose one level of attribute when you level up, so while it’s a dumb system you don’t lose that much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Heartening to see so many couples Outriding together

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

I think you only lose one level of attribute when you level up, so while it’s a dumb system you don’t lose that much.

I thought it just totally rerolled them but that would be slightly less stupid if it works that way

Mebh
May 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Heartening to see so many couples Outriding together

Couples that farm loot together stay together!

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

RatHat posted:

Been using this Pyro build and it feels really strong. Only on CT11 right now but I don't have the full Acari set or Fortress mod yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puH3LzChW4o

Life leech on Burn feels really broken since you're basically immortal(besides being one-shot) as long as something is burning. Only problem is the "Defend the obelisk" sections are annoying since it's a pretty close range build.

How does this feel without the set? I'm doing the Ash Blast/Overheat/Eruption build and i'm really struggling without the set, and i'm considering switching builds.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Rather than selling everything I think the most efficient way to turn gear into Titanium is to dismantle Epics/Leggos and sell everything else. You get some shards this way too.

Picer posted:

How does this feel without the set? I'm doing the Ash Blast/Overheat/Eruption build and i'm really struggling without the set, and i'm considering switching builds.

I still don't have it and I'm doing really well. You want at least the helm for the wider Heatwave but you can buy that from Tiago.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

RatHat posted:

Rather than selling everything I think the most efficient way to turn gear into Titanium is to dismantle Epics/Leggos and sell everything else. You get some shards this way too.

Leggo my Eggo your reddit slang is leaking

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Leggo my Eggo your reddit slang is leaking

show me your gears

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This game is a hybrid between a Pachinko machine and ROBLOX.

It fierly don't want to be played. Is like every part of the screen is covered in "Please, don't play our game" stick labels.

Some of us are playing it because we are fundamentally broken has human beings.

I want to climb to a mountain of yellow loot and feel like Conan King of the barbarians.

I have decided that the bug that wipe inventories will not happen to me and started to play online.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Apr 15, 2021

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Tei is wise and speaks the truth.

The inventory wipe will not happen and legendaries will rain from the sky. That is all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mebh posted:

Tei is wise and speaks the truth.

The inventory wipe will not happen and legendaries will rain from the sky. That is all.

This is the way

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone running expeditions with a Pyromancer anomaly build using only tier 1 mods? I got up to CT 11 just off of blue gear and an ammo build but I want to change it up. I've been saving blues that have anomaly power, cooldown and either status power or skill leech.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jimbot posted:

Anyone running expeditions with a Pyromancer anomaly build using only tier 1 mods? I got up to CT 11 just off of blue gear and an ammo build but I want to change it up. I've been saving blues that have anomaly power, cooldown and either status power or skill leech.

I tried last night and wasn't very successful.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
You really gotta have the Acari stuff for pyro it seems but once you do it’s probably the best class for solo runs at ct15

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

drat, alright. I can afford to buy one legendary and luckily the helmet of Acari is on sale from Tiago.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Does he ever rotate the legendaries? They’ve been the same since I gained access to his shop.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

jabro posted:

Does he ever rotate the legendaries? They’ve been the same since I gained access to his shop.

They've been the same since the closed beta started

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What skills and tree should I use to level up a Techno?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

bamhand posted:

What skills and tree should I use to level up a Techno?

top tree, but respecing is free and fast

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1382715171597123588

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Worse than any bug in this game is the fact that they link you to Reddit for patch notes.