Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

actually yknow what people need to own KPH30i and I'm gonna post about it

they sound better than literally anything else under $50 except maybe BLON 03s, and those are a whole other thing. They're absurdly comfortable, they weigh nothing and they cost $25. They have a lifetime warranty. They're the people's headphone.

I was looking for something to replace my headphones I use for my work laptop, and this would fit the bill except I hate in-line volume control and poo poo. I see they make a KPH8 without it, but it has less hertz and less ohms. I know what the hertz are, but I don't know what ohms mean.

Anyway, my needs are:
Budget - Less than $100, preferably less than $50.
Source - Laptop
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over or on the ear
Use: Work stuff. Meetings, and watching YouTube videos to pretend I know how to do my job.
Want: No in-line volume controls or fancy crap like this. Wired connection (1/8th inch or whatever a normal jack is called). Comfortable enough to wear for hours. Portability might be nice if I continue to use this whenever I eventually go back to the office.

Very broad needs, I know, but I figured asking goons was better than a complete shot in the dark, since Target is selling $50 headphones I know I used to see at FYE for $20 ten years ago right next to $350 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Magnetic North posted:

I was looking for something to replace my headphones I use for my work laptop, and this would fit the bill except I hate in-line volume control and poo poo. I see they make a KPH8 without it, but it has less hertz and less ohms. I know what the hertz are, but I don't know what ohms mean.

Anyway, my needs are:
Budget - Less than $100, preferably less than $50.
Source - Laptop
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over or on the ear
Use: Work stuff. Meetings, and watching YouTube videos to pretend I know how to do my job.
Want: No in-line volume controls or fancy crap like this. Wired connection (1/8th inch or whatever a normal jack is called). Comfortable enough to wear for hours. Portability might be nice if I continue to use this whenever I eventually go back to the office.

Very broad needs, I know, but I figured asking goons was better than a complete shot in the dark, since Target is selling $50 headphones I know I used to see at FYE for $20 ten years ago right next to $350 stuff.

In that case get the Porta Pro classic version, which sound incredibly similar to the KPH30i, but don't have an inline mic. I personally prefer them with the Yaxi Pad replacement earpads (another $12), but that might just be due to the fact that I've got a massive head and Yaxis are bigger and plusher than the stock pads.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the inline mic on the KPH30i is completely unnoticeable in practice, in that I've had a pair for about seven months that i use 4-5 times a week and until your post didn't realize it had one

i've got the yaxis and they're fantastic replacements but getting them on the KPH30is is reaaaaally tricky; I ended up snapping a couple of the plastic tabs on one ear piece which has resulted in some tape repairs. can't complain too much for like $20 though, these things sound amazing and honestly I don't know why I still read this thread when every time someone posts about their new amazing headphones my first thought is "yeah but are they really gonna sound that much better than these $20 headphones that sound better than anything I've ever owned before"

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 12, 2021

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
I can also vouch for a set of Portapros. I got 2 pairs for $20 each last Black Friday, but even at $50 they're a great buy.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Portapros are great, KSC75s are great, but the kph are the most comfy by far imho

Why no inline mic? It's pretty unobtrusive.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hmm, I think I'll pick up some PortaPros since I'm gonna finally be traveling a bit again in a few months and while I love the KPHs I would be terrified to take them out of the house because they absolutely seem like they'd snap at the smallest force

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

DancingShade posted:

Give this a go: Don't plug your USB DAC direct into your computer. Wait bear with me here. Plug it into an AC powered USB hub (not a USB powered one). Then connect that hub to your PC.

Disclaimer: IDK if it'll fix your problem.

No luck. :( I took the opportunity to reroute all my cables too to try and get everything that I could feasibly reroute out of the way and it has not improved the issue. The usb cable for the amp's DAC is shielded too, so I don't know how much more I could do to get EMI out of the picture.

The USB hub's AC plug isn't grounded - but a grounded AC plug isn't a feature I could find on any of the hubs I was able to find.

Edit: Gotta say, the effect this has on the Discord notification sound especially is wretched. Horrible distortion in the right channel, exactly the same way every time. Really want to say this is a defective product from Schiit.

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 13, 2021

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Needed a pair of inexpensive IEMs for exercising and decided to go with the Moondrop Starfields. Pretty excited to try them out. Anyone else ever had a listen to these?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Needed a pair of inexpensive IEMs for exercising and decided to go with the Moondrop Starfields. Pretty excited to try them out. Anyone else ever had a listen to these?

I have the KXXS which are a more or less identical precursor and aside from subjective sound impressions I have issues with how heavy they are and how insecurely they fit given their very short nozzles; fit is very much YMMV but for me they'd slowly work loose over time just sitting in the office, with more walking around just making it happen faster. If you have a collection of tips that work well for you this may also never be an issue. The OG Galaxy Buds sound about the same and in my experience fit much better and more securely, if you end up still in need of workout IEMs.

That said, the chunky metal shells do feel good, they're much nicer than most comparably priced plastic IEMs, and the two pin connector makes finding cheap nicer cables easy so if the fit works you'll probably be quite happy for what you paid.

Yuns posted:

Thanks for all the information. I was also interested on the Arya and the Focal Clear especially since reviewers like Crinacle like them but the Amir reviews on ASR made me pretty wary of Clear and the most recent review of the Ananda on ASR was not good.

Looks like you've since jumped on an Arya opportunity, but since I've posted a bunch of links to ASR in this thread figure I should point out that while ASR has been a tremendously useful resource for source gear--they've changed the little industry over the last several years--Amir is basically deaf from listening at over 100dB and doesn't really know poo poo about headphones and measuring them. Amir's headphone reviews have turned into a recurring circus of drama because his headphone reviews and measurements are basically a meme.

For what it's worth since you also mentioned missing Tyll, he loved the Clears and considered them the safest $1k+ recommendation. When he retired to the van life the headphones he took with him were a pair of Clears. They good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOSXKhciz6Y

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 13, 2021

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wheeee posted:

I have the KXXS which are a more or less identical precursor and aside from subjective sound impressions I have issues with how heavy they are and how insecurely they fit given their very short nozzles; fit is very much YMMV but for me they'd slowly work loose over time just sitting in the office, with more walking around just making it happen faster. If you have a collection of tips that work well for you this may also never be an issue. The OG Galaxy Buds sound about the same and in my experience fit much better and more securely, if you end up still in need of workout IEMs.

That said, the chunky metal shells do feel good, they're much nicer than most comparably priced plastic IEMs, and the two pin connector makes finding cheap nicer cables easy so if the fit works you'll probably be quite happy for what you paid.

Looks like you've since jumped on an Arya opportunity, but since I've posted a bunch of links to ASR in this thread figure I should point out that while ASR has been a tremendously useful resource for source gear--they've changed the little industry over the last several years--Amir is basically deaf from listening at over 100dB and doesn't really know poo poo about headphones and measuring them. Amir's headphone reviews have turned into a recurring circus of drama because his headphone reviews and measurements are basically a meme.

For what it's worth since you also mentioned missing Tyll, he loved the Clears and considered them the safest $1k+ recommendation. When he retired to the van life the headphones he took with him were a pair of Clears. They good.

I'm lucky in that my ears have always taken to holding in IEMs well. Have some foam and silicone tips from other pairs that run the gamut and I think with some foams I'll hopefully be okay despite the weight while exercising.

Also I have to reiterate for people in this thread that are looking for endgame options that the Clears can easily be found for close to just $1k now because the MGs are out. That's virtually a third of the MSRP slashed off. It's an incredibly good deal for some of the best headphones you can get. If you don't care about not having the updated MG version then it's an absolute steal.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Wheeee posted:

Thanks for that info. I had suspected that Amir had testing equipment/sealing issues since some of his graphs looked to me like test rig issues compared to data from other testers so I was taking his reviews with a grain of salt. His eq of the Clears seemed overly aggressive. I'm dismayed that he can't take constructive criticism in this area. Crinacle is my favorite active reviewer although he has his own strong biases. I can at least figure out whether I might like a headphone/IEM from Crinacle's data and descriptions. My Hidition Viento B's are still my favorite and sound absolutely wonderful even without eq.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yuns posted:

Thanks for that info. I had suspected that Amir had testing equipment/sealing issues since some of his graphs looked to me like test rig issues compared to data from other testers so I was taking his reviews with a grain of salt. His eq of the Clears seemed overly aggressive. I'm dismayed that he can't take constructive criticism in this area. Crinacle is my favorite active reviewer although he has his own strong biases. I can at least figure out whether I might like a headphone/IEM from Crinacle's data and descriptions. My Hidition Viento B's are still my favorite and sound absolutely wonderful even without eq.

How do high end IEMs compare to headphones? I know there are some signifigant differences in sound staging but I'm wondering if there are distinct benefits to them (besides great isolation and noise cancelation).
The Moondrop Starfields will be the first IEMs I've bought that are over $50 and for the express purpose of music versus audiobooks and YouTube as before. Wondering if I should consider getting some high end IEMs as a contrast to my current collection. The Campfire Andromedas have been on my mind for awhile.

Trocadero
Aug 23, 2012
My poor AKG headphones have fallen apart and I'm in desperate need of new ones. I want something a bit nicer this time as I never had anything better than Tinhifi T2.

Budget: 150 - 300 euro.
Source: right now I only have Apple Dongle and old Steelseries USB sound card
Preferred Type of Headphone: Over the ear
Use: Youtube, digital streaming services (music/video), nothing too fancy
Want: Wired, open-back, durable, comfortable for at least a movie duration. They wont leave the house so don't have to be portable.

I went through some reviews in that price range but there are quite a lot to choose from. My ideas are Sennheiser 560S on the lower end and Hifiman Sundara on the higher end, but I'm open for any suggestions in that price range.
I just don't know enough about headphones to be able to tell if those can be used with the dongles I have? I plan to buy a small headphone amp down the road but would I be able to use the headphones in the meantime?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

How do high end IEMs compare to headphones? I know there are some signifigant differences in sound staging but I'm wondering if there are distinct benefits to them (besides great isolation and noise cancelation).
The Moondrop Starfields will be the first IEMs I've bought that are over $50 and for the express purpose of music versus audiobooks and YouTube as before. Wondering if I should consider getting some high end IEMs as a contrast to my current collection. The Campfire Andromedas have been on my mind for awhile.
Soundstage is smaller; there is less of that wide open feel BUT the detail and tuning are really beautiful and the isolation is great. I absolutely love the Hiditions. I find them much more clear than my B&W P7 and ATH-R70x headphones (though they should be at more than 3 times as much) I've heard that the Andromeda's need a good amp. They apparently are really sensitive and will hiss with a lot of headphone amps. You might try something like the well regarded Blessing 2 first before committing to a higher end IEM to see if you like decent IEMs at all.

Unrelated side note but this is a fun track to test soundstage and imaging for headphones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJqtNdcJU

Yuns fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 13, 2021

Luegene Cards
Oct 25, 2004
Budget - $150-300
Source - iPhone
Isolation Requirements - Closed for subway listening
Preferred Type of Headphone - circumaural
Preferred Tonal Balance - I think I like crisper, cleaner tones
Past Headphones - Audio technica MX50
Preferred Music - Radiohead, Vampire Weekend, St. Vincent, hip hop, that sorta thing

So I'm like, basically completely done with buying converters to the current gen iphone jacks and having them burn out a month later. Like I've probably spent close to a good pair of headphones on the things. So I think bluetooth is probably the best solution? Unless there's something I don't know about, which is extremely believable. Thanks!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you like the AT M50xs they do a bluetooth version of those.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Luegene Cards posted:

Budget - $150-300
Source - iPhone
Isolation Requirements - Closed for subway listening
Preferred Type of Headphone - circumaural
Preferred Tonal Balance - I think I like crisper, cleaner tones
Past Headphones - Audio technica MX50
Preferred Music - Radiohead, Vampire Weekend, St. Vincent, hip hop, that sorta thing

So I'm like, basically completely done with buying converters to the current gen iphone jacks and having them burn out a month later. Like I've probably spent close to a good pair of headphones on the things. So I think bluetooth is probably the best solution? Unless there's something I don't know about, which is extremely believable. Thanks!

Youre within range of the beloved Sony WH-1000XM4 when they go on discount, they should hit all of your checkboxes. Theyre $350 full price.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

they're currently $200 refurb and I've been eyeing them; dunno how trustworthy the seller is though but hey it says "certified" right there https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_od...d=10001&mkevt=1

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

Just got the Arya. They are very comfortable. The ear cup shape is perfect for me whereas the round shape of the Audio Technica hits the top and bottom of my ear. I have't had a chance to do a sighted A/B of the headphones but while the bass of the R70x looks stronger on paper it definitely sounds cleaner and more detailed on the Arya. My only complaint so far about the Arya is that they leak sound like crazy. The R70x is an open back but don't leak sound nearly as bad as the Arya do. This isn't really a factor for my home office but it is notable.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yuns posted:

Soundstage is smaller; there is less of that wide open feel BUT the detail and tuning are really beautiful and the isolation is great. I absolutely love the Hiditions. I find them much more clear than my B&W P7 and ATH-R70x headphones (though they should be at more than 3 times as much) I've heard that the Andromeda's need a good amp. They apparently are really sensitive and will hiss with a lot of headphone amps. You might try something like the well regarded Blessing 2 first before committing to a higher end IEM to see if you like decent IEMs at all.

Unrelated side note but this is a fun track to test soundstage and imaging for headphones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJqtNdcJU

I have a THX 789 which specifically has an extra low gain especially for IEMs, so thankfully I'm somewhat future proofed in that case.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

I have a THX 789 which specifically has an extra low gain especially for IEMs, so thankfully I'm somewhat future proofed in that case.
I'm sure you're good to go with that amp. I haven't tried them myself but a lot of people seem to love the Andromeda especially the 2020 revision.

I'm really really happy with my current set up now. This is my unnecessarily complicated desktop system in diagram form. I don't foresee upgrading anything other than maybe demoing some additional headphones.

My portable set up is just a Astell & Kern SR25 and the Hidition Viento B. (Samsung Galaxy Pro for the gym)

Yuns fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 14, 2021

Luegene Cards
Oct 25, 2004
Thank you so much for the info! I'm definitely going to get either the sony's or the audio technicas, just a matter of how much I decide I should treat myself!

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Given that I haven't been able to solve this distortion problem with my Asgard 3, any thoughts on which of these options to replace it?

- Monolith DAC/Amp (Dual AKM 4993s and AAA-788s)
- Modius / Magnius
- Keep the Asgard and add a Modius
- Something else entirely

The distortion in the right channel is just too much. My Hel 1 gets me universally better audio as things stand - but I'm wanting to use it in a different place given the option.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Have you tried to get Schiit to fix the Asgard 3? That'd be my first move.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Have you tried to get Schiit to fix the Asgard 3? That'd be my first move.

Working on that too. I sent them a support message a couple days ago but they are being very slow with responding, and I'm getting antsy as I get close to the 15 day refund deadline. The thing I'm worried about with a repair is that they'll dismiss it as a ground loop. Definitely on my list though.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'd go with the monolith dac/amp, but if you don't need balanced I'd get that One amp from drop and a decent separate dac like a topping D10s or whatever, save yourself like $200.

e: also return that schiit! don't bother with repairs inside the return window!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Shame the Grace Design Balanced DAC is out of stock on Drop because that is straight up one of, if not THE, most inexpensive Balanced DACs you can get. It is extraordinarily low key as far as features and design goes but it measures well and comes in a metal enclosure instead of plastic so it was good enough for me.

Combine that with the THX 789 and you've got the 788 for slightly cheaper basically, lol.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Gunder posted:

Edit: Should I be controlling the volume levels via the headphone amp itself, or is it okay to make changes with the media keys on my keyboard? It's slightly more comfortable to do it via the keyboard. For reference, I have the volume set to about 80% in windows, and the amp at around 45%.

In theory for the best quality you want your volume control happening in the analog realm. Doing it digitally (with the PC volume control) means that you're giving up dynamic range the more you turn it down. You may have noticed some devices actually disable their built in volume controls when outputting a digital audio stream over S/PDIF or HDMI, that's partially for exactly this reason (also because digital volume control on Dolby/DTS signals would require decoding and re-encoding).

That said, if you can't tell the difference I wouldn't worry about it. I 100% agree on the convenience/comfort aspect and do the same for the most part.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Shame the Grace Design Balanced DAC is out of stock on Drop because that is straight up one of, if not THE, most inexpensive Balanced DACs you can get. It is extraordinarily low key as far as features and design goes but it measures well and comes in a metal enclosure instead of plastic so it was good enough for me.

Combine that with the THX 789 and you've got the 788 for slightly cheaper basically, lol.

I'm actually considering getting that as soon as it is back in stock. I just bought the xduoo TA20 amp from Drop and would like a balanced DAC.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

wolrah posted:

In theory for the best quality you want your volume control happening in the analog realm. Doing it digitally (with the PC volume control) means that you're giving up dynamic range the more you turn it down. You may have noticed some devices actually disable their built in volume controls when outputting a digital audio stream over S/PDIF or HDMI, that's partially for exactly this reason (also because digital volume control on Dolby/DTS signals would require decoding and re-encoding).

That said, if you can't tell the difference I wouldn't worry about it. I 100% agree on the convenience/comfort aspect and do the same for the most part.

Good digital attenuation beats an analog pot all day long. No tracking issues, no oxidation, no channel imbalances.

"rme" posted:

Analog volume control has a (theoretical) advantage in only one point, namely the maximum signal to noise ratio at a higher level reduction. In reality, current circuitry overturns the theory, and the SNR at the output of such a device is no better than that of a digitally controlled one. This is even more true the better the DA converter works and the less noise it has.

The most often cited issue of a digital volume control is an alleged loss of resolution at higher attenuation. An example: 117 dB dynamic roughly equals 19 bit resolution. A volume attenuation of 48 dB (8 bit) leaves 11 bit of resolution. Such a simple, but important details omitting argumentation, usually ends with: the music must sound distorted in quieter parts, and the signal to noise ratio is down to a useless 69 dB.

The former is simply wrong, the latter irrelevant in practice. Indeed there is a reduced signal to noise ratio, but it doesn't matter, as the noise was not audible before (below the hearing threshold), and is still not audible after lowering the level. And the reduced SNR also applies to devices with potentiometers, since the potentiometer is never placed at the output, but in the middle of the circuit, followed by further electronics which also add some basic noise.

The best approach is a balance of both. Keep your digital level low enough that you can do most of your listening with the analog knob in the top 75% of its range.

eddiewalker fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 14, 2021

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

e: also return that schiit! don't bother with repairs inside the return window!

I tried to give them the time to answer the support request, but it seems like they're content waiting out the return window; so return submitted.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

you could go even cheaper since the 789 isn't actually balanced, you'd get no benefit from a balanced dac anyway.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

If you want to test the Monolith, mine is gathering dust so can I ship it out for a long term test if you cover shipping back to me when you're done.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
BLON released a new headphone called the BLON mini. They're $30.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I gotta say thus far the Moondrop Starfields are ridiculously good for the price.

I like how "internal" IEM bass seems to feel, it's a totally different vibe than over ear.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

That's great that you are enjoying them. IEMs are a deep rabbit hole and there are a lot of good ones with all different kinds of tuning and drivers etc.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Yuns posted:

If you want to test the Monolith, mine is gathering dust so can I ship it out for a long term test if you cover shipping back to me when you're done.

That's an excellent offer that I may just take you up on. Schiit's offered an exchange so we'll see if a different unit doesn't have the same issue.

If I have no luck though I'll probably reach back out to you about that.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

DancingShade posted:

I always have my windows volume at 100% and moderate the volume down to an actual listeniable level using my amps.

Depending on your source that can be a little too hot for a lot of line ins, so a lot of my devices are happiest at like ~80-90% and then volume attenuated with the amp.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

actually yknow what people need to own KPH30i and I'm gonna post about it

they sound better than literally anything else under $50 except maybe BLON 03s, and those are a whole other thing. They're absurdly comfortable, they weigh nothing and they cost $25. They have a lifetime warranty. They're the people's headphone.

Yes. I love my beige/blue/red cheap headphones, theyre super rugged (cable aside) and easy to deal with in a way that the Portapros just arent.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 14, 2021

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone have any experience with the Drop Panda Bluetooth headphones? I'm considering getting a pair for commuting. That or the AirPods Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I recently got some DT 770s. The combination of my hair and also my enormous head, they just barely fit, but also not at all. The best analogy I can think of for how they fit is when someone is wearing a button up shirt that is too small, but technically they have the buttons together.

If I try to wear both cups, my earlobe falls out of them but I can also position it so the lobe can uncomfortably fold up inside.

Is there any sorta quick hack to fix this somewhat? If I sorta of pinch the headphones downward, it fits perfectly, but on its own, nada. Should I just get different headphones altogether?