Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok please try “gently caress” and report back :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

There's a Capcom sale on steam.

Is debil might cry 4 or Onimusha worth getting?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I've got a sore throat :(

But I also have SAGA FRONTIER REMASTERED YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Feel better!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mix. posted:

does yshtola count as a sassy witch i didnt notice i'd forgotten to do that square

considering her mentor i'd say absolutely yes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What about a sassy Witcher

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A witch?

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 15, 2021

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

After all these years...the perfect game has finally been created

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Simone Magus posted:

I've got a sore throat :(

But I also have SAGA FRONTIER REMASTERED YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who are you starting with?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah Outriders owns

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fata morgana is supposed to be pretty good so at least it deserves a high score.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Alt response: "Fatty" Morgana

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fata Morgana is on my wishlist but I'm still on the fence. I've bought too many VNs that I've later regretted.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Play umineko

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Arzaac posted:

Who are you starting with?

I just started Emilia! :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Yes, but also everyone buy this too

https://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/Dragons_Dogma_Dark_Arisen/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okami: I am very concerned that Oki is going to turn out to be the root of all evil

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Ok please try “gently caress” and report back :)

Believe me I would if I could, HEYOOO

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

DMC4 is absolutely worth whatever they're asking for it.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Hwurmp posted:

Believe me I would if I could, HEYOOO

come on i've swiped right on you like 8 times

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Are you implying I do not already own it on three different platforms? Because I doooo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mix. posted:

does yshtola count as a sassy witch i didnt notice i'd forgotten to do that square

A witch is just a mage with a pointy hat. I leave you to follow your heart on whether that means yshtola is just a mage, or an underdressed witch

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

A witch is just a mage with a pointy hat. I leave you to follow your heart on whether that means yshtola is just a mage, or an underdressed witch

Wait does that mean black mages are witches

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Help Im Alive posted:

The House in Fata Morgana might be the best fictional story I have ever experienced.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Arzaac posted:

Wait does that mean black mages are witches

Yeah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Y'shtola has two pointy cat ears on her head. I submit that these can be substituted for a hat.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sassy witch(er)?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started on Trails of Cold Steel IV, and these are petty complaints, but I don't like that you start the game at level 28, and the tutorials are way too in your face with no option to just skip them.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I bought Trials of Fire last night on a whim. Sometimes I wonder if my apathy towards recent purchases is based on depression and not a lack of compelling gameplay. I put a half-hour into it and felt nothing. I'm not going to return it or anything, I just don't want to play it again.

The gameplay is a deck-building roguelite with a squad-based ARPG slathered on top of it. You roam around an overworld accepting quests, upgrading both gear and cards, resting to recover health and negate debuff cards, and shopping. Battle encounters are turn-based hex grid combat similar to Heroes of Might and Magic, except that unit movements and abilities are drawn out of a pool of cards. The combat is surprisingly lovely because you have no idea what your opponents will do, or are even capable of doing, so you can get bad turns where the opposing group can alpha strike down two of your characters from full health. Or you could have a turn where your opponents move three times and never attack, perfectly content to wiggle back and forth for no reason. It's dice rolls on top of dice rolls with no tactics. Maybe that gets fleshed out as you start to memorize the card pool of enemy creatures, but it just seems like a crapshoot so far. I'm probably missing something, but the entire tutorial is one combat session and 10 text blocks... and that's it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Walla posted:

Sassy witch(er)?

where's his pointed hatter

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

cheetah7071 posted:

But ysht9la learned her craft from matoya who is definitely a sassy witch ergo y'shtola is a sassy witch

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

fridge corn posted:

But ysht9la learned her craft from matoya who is definitely a sassy witch ergo y'shtola is a sassy witch

might be a sith kinda situation, there's always a witch and a cat, and y'shtola can't be a witch until she overthrows matoya (and steals her hat , just the name doesn't count)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

fridge corn posted:

a reasonable conclusion

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mr. Sakurai presents "Bayonetta"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv67Ec9mqbc

Edit: oh i thought i had the sassy witch square but i guess not

Edit 2: Oh I do have the sassy witch square, i got confused with my previous bingo card lol. I still also need a friendly ghost and a robot...

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 15, 2021

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

On the floor. He's in the bath.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

under the water

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There it is!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

It's Thursday night, there's no work tomorrow. I have some tuna avocado sushi, a chicken Chipotle burrito, a family-size bag of Chex Mix, and three cans of Arizona Arnold Palmer. I am going to play some fuckin video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
oh dear loving lord the demon of hatred is ridiculous

this is what I get for deciding to go explore before trying the last boss again