Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Facebook Aunt posted:

Bidet, I think.

That makes the carpeted floor even worse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I still don't get the concept of an non-integrated bidet, are you just supposed to waddle over while still a mess?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Waddle over white carpet no less.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Especially past that sink.

That doesn't look quite right for a stand-alone bidet, I think it's a sink for bathing your pets.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Facebook Aunt posted:

Bidet, I think.

Love to crab walk across white carpet to use the bidet after a dump.

edit: beaten several times

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Elviscat posted:

Especially past that sink.

That doesn't look quite right for a stand-alone bidet, I think it's a sink for bathing your pets.
If you have that house, you don't keep pets. One shed hair and the entire vibe if off.

In any case, having the sprayer just loose in the bowl instead of being retractable or at least having a hook above it is sloppy.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It could be an ostomate sink (it's not an ostomate sink)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

one of the other bathrooms inside THX-42069 appears to have literally a prison toilet

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I forget, was it this thread or another that had the scavenger hunt crazy house with the baptizing pool? Because someone did something amazing.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=BGMifUnvLxQ&mls=1

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I've posted this before but it's still funny.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
No, I didn't lose the tape measure. I know exactly where it is.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

I forget, was it this thread or another that had the scavenger hunt crazy house with the baptizing pool? Because someone did something amazing.

It was pretty much in every thread for a week.

Also that link is directly from the real estate listing, that’s the whole reason it went viral. The agents mapped the house.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Bad Munki posted:

This is gonna make a sweet dungeon map for my D&D games

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

FCKGW posted:

It was pretty much in every thread for a week.

Also that link is directly from the real estate listing, that’s the whole reason it went viral. The agents mapped the house.

That’s weird, when I was looking at it, there definitely wasn’t a 3D model, I was sure. Well, if it’s old news, so be it, carry on. v:shobon:v

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

PurpleXVI posted:

:rolldice: How didn't I think about this 20 years ago?! All dungeons are basically a hoarder's manor, with a bit more wildlife.
And if you want traps, read up about the collyer brothers.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

The party must collect the three artifacts, then enter the chamber. The three artifacts are... they were just over... they're around here somewhere ... they're somewhere safe... I have a system.

Don't touch anything else. They're still good crafting components.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Strontium posted:

Dark Side of the Horse

From the BSS Newspaper Comics thread.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

HelleSpud posted:

The party must collect the three artifacts, then enter the chamber. The three artifacts are... they were just over... they're around here somewhere ... they're somewhere safe... I have a system.

Don't touch anything else. They're still good crafting components.

Better idea: randomly generate equipment and loot per Sq. meter along with % of trap or just plain trashheap collapse and let the players come up with a detailed reclamation plan while you sit back, enjoy a frozen margarita and silently feel smug that you didn't bother planning an adventure for todays session.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

By popular demand posted:

Better idea: randomly generate equipment and loot per Sq. meter along with % of trap or just plain trashheap collapse and let the players come up with a detailed reclamation plan while you sit back, enjoy a frozen margarita and silently feel smug that you didn't bother planning an adventure for todays session.

Nah. The Wizard's keys artifacts were matted in his beard the whole time. The real danger was the flat, mummified, displacer beasts and how taking any loot at all immediately led to Indiana Jones style tomb collapse (load bearing wooden chalices).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

From the BSS Newspaper Comics thread.

Today's forecast: light showers

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Today's forecast: light showers

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HelleSpud posted:

Nah. The Wizard's keys artifacts were matted in his beard the whole time. The real danger was the flat, mummified, displacer beasts and how taking any loot at all immediately led to Indiana Jones style tomb collapse (load bearing wooden chalices).

>get ye flask

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tunicate posted:

>get ye flask

20 years of newspapers fall, everyone dies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC that place isn't so much necessarily a hoarder house as it is acting as a warehouse and home for an operation selling stolen/counterfeit/fallen off the back of a truck goods which happens to be really weirdly constructed. IIRC it used to be a church? I imagine the rent was cheap.

That said, there's something new every time you look, like the cabinet in the kitchen that's completely empty except for four kitschy figurines. How much did they arbitrarily move around/clean up/grab and bug out before the photos were taken? Who knows.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I was never able to find the dang tub on my own :mad:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm not surprised, it's sealed up among stacks and stacks of random crap. I do have to wonder how often they actually used it, especially since it's just curtained off from another carpeted room of stacked Girls Gone Wild DVDs. There's some bathroom stuff in it, so maybe? It seems like it might be less claustrophobic in person.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The listing also changed the 3d tour because of those Girls Gone Wild DVDs, which may have made it impossible to get to the baptism hallway.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dareon posted:

The listing also changed the 3d tour because of those Girls Gone Wild DVDs, which may have made it impossible to get to the baptism hallway.

Yeah they’re in the vestibule to the baptismal.

Go up the stairs, and it’s back in the direction of the stairs, toward the left side stairs.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A house so legendary it needs it's own walkthrough.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The cat hair moustache isn’t going to make itself.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I now want to play a quakelike that has levels from realty listings at random.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm not surprised, it's sealed up among stacks and stacks of random crap. I do have to wonder how often they actually used it, especially since it's just curtained off from another carpeted room of stacked Girls Gone Wild DVDs. There's some bathroom stuff in it, so maybe? It seems like it might be less claustrophobic in person.

If its like any other pre-1960s baptist church I've ever been in, its more cavernous than most large hot tubs if that gives you a sense of scale. Ex I'd reckon the one I was dunked in was nearly twice as long as me and I'd recon I was 5'4" at the time?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

I now want to play a quakelike that has levels from realty listings at random.

In college I made a stupid little winforms app for tracing over lovely jpg floorplans and exporting them into an ascii format that could be imported to the editor for UT2004. It was fairly easy. I'm tempted to try to remake it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC that place isn't so much necessarily a hoarder house as it is acting as a warehouse and home for an operation selling stolen/counterfeit/fallen off the back of a truck goods which happens to be really weirdly constructed. IIRC it used to be a church? I imagine the rent was cheap.

the reason that the property was up for sale was because it was an ebay/amazon type seller who got busted for tax fraud

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Should’ve claimed the church exemption.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Tunicate posted:

>get ye flask

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the reason that the property was up for sale was because it was an ebay/amazon type seller who got busted for tax fraud

No, he was charged with re-selling stolen goods that he claims he didn't know were stolen, and given the state of the property I think I believe him.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Looks like the windows installers didnt came fast enough for the pipe installers, so gently caress it... good enough i guess.

(This is on a public hospital)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://imgur.com/gallery/gaHH2xH

I recognize some of the content in this gallery, but others are exciting new fuckups. Here are some teasers to encourage browsing the gallery:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh I so dearly want to see the spin cycle. :allears: