Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

my #1 PS1 RPG

getting it for PC and for Switch, real excited to see the improved graphics and new content; I posted on the GameFAQs board for it back then and this is a dream of it come true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you want to get into the nitty-gritty of the combo system, you can take a look here, it lays out everything you need to build your own combinations

https://essenceofsaga.wordpress.com/home/book-index/combo-system/

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:siren: GAME HAS UNLOCKED ON SWITCH :siren:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just got my GMG key sent to me!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

getting to play a bit on lunch...wheel gave me asellus, so i guess i'm seeing new content right off the bat

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I think my order will be Emelia -> Riki (to be done with them early) -> Red -> T260G -> Lute -> Asellus -> Blue (will die and become Rouge) -> Fuse

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/nesbot_feed/status/1382745888720887809?s=21

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

*Candy Crush Saga developer clenches fists even tighter*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Can confirm the Junk Shop in Scrap is still bugged in the Remaster, I'm assuming gold ingots are the same. I don't know why I thought they might take that out but there ya go.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
unlimited saga now including even less manual

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

So the new Flee function works 100% of the time and doesn't increment the battle counter and deletes the monster from the screen. I think it makes the game a little TOO easy at this point.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unlimited poo poo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

So the new Flee function works 100% of the time and doesn't increment the battle counter and deletes the monster from the screen. I think it makes the game a little TOO easy at this point.

Being able to flee at anytime in chrono cross kicked rear end

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

Being able to flee at anytime in chrono cross kicked rear end

Hell I'm not complaining, it means I can just run through all the dungeons and grab the treasure while keeping the monsters weak.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
off work, got lunch, installing the game. it's looking like it's going to be an epic thursday night of gaming

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Look im not gonna say i had a hand in this, but

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Also, I was streaming this and I encountered this enemy

And I said haha whoa vtuber enemy and one of the deadly serious random SaGa head viewers in my chat was like I sincerely hope that's sarcasm. This game existed long before vtubers.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

And I said haha whoa vtuber enemy and one of the deadly serious random SaGa head viewers in my chat was like I sincerely hope that's sarcasm. This game existed long before vtubers.

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hizke posted:

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Hizke posted:

Look im not gonna say i had a hand in this, but

thank you

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Hizke posted:

lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Hizke posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

T260-G scenario down. That was the only scenario final boss I never fought before. Awesome track.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that was the first one i ever did and the endings so cool

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

Hell I'm not complaining, it means I can just run through all the dungeons and grab the treasure while keeping the monsters weak.

not only that, you can also choose what monster groups you're fighting, so if you're trying to trick out a monster with absorbs, you can do just that with precision rather than hope you get there before you increment out

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
The best qol adjustment is you can choose what skill to overwrite for monsters now and also you can just cancel the absorb.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

The best qol adjustment is you can choose what skill to overwrite for monsters now and also you can just cancel the absorb.

god yeah. being able to see what equipment does is a big fuckin deal too

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

being able to see element and physical attack type on the attacks rules too. now you can see whether or not you're going to deal decent damage or not

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Blue's scenario cleared. New Game+ makes it a breeze. I got the arcane gift in less than an hour, then it was just a matter of making a party strong enough to take on Hell's Lord who was way harder than I remember him being. But given the nature of the ending maybe it's just a survive for X amount of turns type deal? I managed to land a few big combos on him anyway.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the music in this game is so good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

doing a bunch of screwing around before i get on with asellus' scenario, halfway through the arcane quest and about to knock out the shadow quest too. asellus gets kind of a crappy set of guys, i'm using lute in my main party for my first time i thnk ever, at least thunder's pretty good. this is the first time where i actually paid attention to how monsters work and that system's so cool, ive got thunder in ankheg form and he's ripping through random encounters. i feel like i'm going to tear the first couple bosses a new one

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the monsters are so weird. i'm playing the robot and i just got a monster and a caster from a bar and the monster does like twice as much as Gen?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Gen is one of the best sword users in the game but in T260-G's scenario he starts off with no sword so you have to get one for him ASAP.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hizke posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hey you disrespectful little poo poo. mention kizuna ai again on stream and i'll be forced to equip my jewel box and economizer and blast your rear end to hell with 2x ultima for the low cost of 2mp