Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

(Completely 100% aware of all the bullshit in Fast 6&7) Hobbs and Shaw was simply too unrealistic for me. It had cyborg Elba, an AI transformer motorcycle, and generally too much stupid car fighting like the entire industrial zone fight and the rock pulling a helicopter down with his biceps.

The tech whatever the shadowy organization was rolling with was basically the equivalent of the first GI Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Han is going to be a cyborg in F9, I can feel it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

(Completely 100% aware of all the bullshit in Fast 6&7) Hobbs and Shaw was simply too unrealistic for me. It had cyborg Elba, an AI transformer motorcycle, and generally too much stupid car fighting like the entire industrial zone fight and the rock pulling a helicopter down with his biceps.

The Rock flexed himself out of a cast in F7. That's foreshadowing for his arms being able to bring down a helicopter, and is completely within the perimeters of this franchise.

I do hope Hasbro will make a Transformers/F&F crossover toy like they did with Ghostbusters and Top Gun though. They're doing one with Jurassic Park (allegedly a transforming T-rex).

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I had a tiny bit of fun with Hobbs & Shaw as a loose Tango and Cash remake, but it was totally unnecessary.

F8 sucked except for a few neat images (I like the zombie cars that seemed like they were visually quoting The Happening), and the fourth film feels like some lightweight connective tissue.

All of the other movies are varying degrees of good and with Justin Lin back I'm absolutely going to check out F9.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

confused posted:

I haven't seen any of the F&F movies. Should I? If so, which ones?

The answer is Fast 5. It's the best one.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Dance of the 41. Based on actual historical events from early 20th century Mexico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEHpiFZlGcA
I hope they do good with the queer representation.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

confused posted:

I haven't seen any of the F&F movies. Should I? If so, which ones?

You aren't missing much, but Michelle Rodriguez is pr cool

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

teagone posted:

Han is going to be a cyborg in F9, I can feel it.

he'll be a cyborg dinosaur, thus leading us into the jurassic park sequel in FX

and then they'll go to space, where they'll meet Dom's other long lost sibling, Riddick

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Do I need to play the video games to get the entire story?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

Do I need to play the video games to get the entire story?

i guarantee you will not even need to watch the previous movie to get the entire story

unless you're referring to Dance of the 41, in which case you probably will need to play the game first

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Venuz Patrol posted:

unless you're referring to Dance of the 41, in which case you probably will need to play the game first

so the guy not on the list is missingno?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The statement "this Dom shrine" indicates the existence of multiple Dom shrines to experience the dom state of mind

i put a single ice cold bottle of corona next to a grill, it lights up and I have a giant sign saying DOM'S SHRINE in dark souls font appear before me

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb058uk6g04

I really enjoyed the first season of Love, Death + Robots. The episodes I liked I really liked, some I was meh on.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pikehead posted:

I really enjoyed the first season of Love, Death + Robots. The episodes I liked I really liked, some I was meh on.

Good trailer! Same sentiments about season 1; loved the episodes that I clicked with, but others definitely weren't as good as the ones I was keen on. I need to revisit the ones I remember enjoying a lot. Haven't watched them since they first dropped, but I remember Good Hunting being a standout for me, animation and story wise. [edit] Oh and the one where a dude was trapped inside some memory/AI/program or whatever, I forget the title, but I know it was a full CG one.

teagone fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 17, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Aquila Rift one? It was good (and based on a short story that’s also good?)

Was that Michael B Jordan in one of the clips?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they said what stories they're doing? With Reynolds ones in the last I was kind of hoping they would adapt his story Diamond Dogs. It seems like it would be right up the show's alley.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Aquila Rift one? It was good (and based on a short story that’s also good?)

Was that Michael B Jordan in one of the clips?

Yep, that's the one! I'll probably watch that and Good Hunting tonight, hah. And yeah, that looked like CG Michael B Jordan in one of the shots for sure.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Some of them could have been game cutscenes. The ones based on actual short stories were very good though.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
9 vrrrm vrrm nrrrrrrrr films but only 3 Riddicks.
No goddamn sense.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tom Cruise is definitely gonna die in outerspace and i cant wait. Very fitting.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

happyhippy posted:

No goddamn sense.

I haven't seen any news outside of one of my haunts but there was (possibly legitimate) report a few days ago that Furya was going to shoot later this year, late summer or early autumn iirc, with an ~80m budget and that Vin and David have a fifth and final chapter ready to go after that. I was under the impression Furya was going to be last hurrah so I'm hoping I'm wrong! All the same, Riddick IV is definitely happening so I'm growing increasingly sated.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

He’s going to “accidentally” let go of the rope so he can finally be with LRH.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

They're gonna have to rename thetans when we all have a burnt up Tom Cruise in us

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

happyhippy posted:

No goddamn sense.

Vin owns the Riddick franchise so it's really up to him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Vin owns the Riddick franchise so it's really up to him.

Yeah, he traded for it by agreeing to do the cameo in Tokyo Drift. Which in hindsight is funny because it then turned out he wasn't too good for the franchise.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's SpaceX, so it's far more likely he blows up on the launch pad.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Pikehead posted:

Video gone due to Netflix. Assuming this is preview for Love Death and Robots season 2? Is it still around somewhere?

I liked most of Season 1: Sonnie’s Edge, Three Robots, Suits, Beyond the Aquila Rift, Good Hunting, Lucky 13, Zima Blue, and The Secret War all had stuff I liked even though some of those were far from great.

edit: found it embedded here

wuffles fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 18, 2021

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giWIr7U1deA

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Looks decent. Not a big fan of awkwafinas comedy (although she was great in The Farewell)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gotta admit that wuxia scene in the forest looked rad. But outside of that, hard pass.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Extremely down for all of that.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah the new Leos Carax and Sparks musical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=068aFF8fOIA

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Well that looked painfully mediocre. Any interest I had is now gone lol.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can't give less of a rat's rear end about Marvel but then TONY LEUNG showed up and now I'm inclined to give this at least a pity watch.

I would like less of Awkwafina though.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

Gotta admit that wuxia scene in the forest looked rad. But outside of that, hard pass.

I'm conflicted because Idgaf about Marvel or Shang-Chi in the least but any amount of wuxia or even the aesthetics of it, and that forest scene looks quite out of Zhang Yimou's playbook, and I am horny as hell. I mean, I'm not going to pay a cent to see it but wowza humina humina.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

caligulamprey posted:

Hell yeah the new Leos Carax and Sparks musical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=068aFF8fOIA

Oh gently caress yeah Sparks owns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

They're gonna have to rename thetans when we all have a burnt up Tom Cruise in us

All of us are (movie)star dust

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Shang Chi looks like it will be mediocre but still make more money than any other martial arts movie ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

While it does look kind of meh, I can’t help but recall the first Ant-Man trailer which also made the movie look as generic as possible (I even compared it to Green Lantern at the time) and it turned up to be a pleasant surprise.