Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Found this gray lady at Target today.

And this at the thrift shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’ve got the color version of that Battle Sister on preorder with BBTS, I have no confidence I’ll see her at retail.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found one roadblock at my target lol. I picked him up tonally because he’s much better looking than the OG. But still. The other day I went to another target and saw some guy walking out with a Joe. No idea what it was but they didn’t have anything else.

I’m really only wanting the cobra infantry’s. I have everyone else.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Xenomrph posted:

I’ve got the color version of that Battle Sister on preorder with BBTS, I have no confidence I’ll see her at retail.

Same.

Normally I hate McFarlane but I love my space marine. He’s such a big chonky boy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Same.

Normally I hate McFarlane but I love my space marine. He’s such a big chonky boy.

I’ve got the Necron Warrior, I like him a lot more than I thought I would.

McFarlane has been making some cool stuff lately. I’ve got all of their Dark Knights Metal evil Batmen, and their Kickstarter Spawn is rad as hell.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah he is

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As long as they don't waste licenses again on those dumb articulated statues they did a few years ago.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My hauls today:

Tha's a biiiiig box.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

BSS ACTION FIGURE MEGATHREAD: Put a fuckin saddle on it

:emptyquote:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I meant to post this yesterday but forgot... If anyone is curious about "Defenders of the Earth" in light of their getting cool toys, and does not remember the obscure cartoon, the dudes at Toy Galaxy made an excellent video explaining WTF it was all about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbcHfCr1ruM

Short version if you don't like videos: The same company that created a lot of pulp adventure heroes for comic strips in the 1930's (pre-Superman, even!), still holding the rights to these mostly-forgotten properties in the mid-80s, decided to try relaunching them as a modern superhero team in an effort to hop on the Saturday morning cartoon money train. It only lasted one season, largely due to an already-saturated cartoon market, but the show was neat and the toys were neat. Pretty easy to find the cartoons on YouTube. (Side note: This was several years after Flash Gordon had failed to launch as a film franchise, despite the movie being good fun.)

Also I forgot to note it yesterday but the new Neca figures' packaging is heavily inspired by the original 1986 toy line by Galoob, down to putting the Neca logo in a Galoob-inspired font, much as they have put Kenner-inspired logos on some other toys.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

As long as they don't waste licenses again on those dumb articulated statues they did a few years ago.

Even if the articulation is bad I still love their Akira/Trigun figures from 20 years ago. The sculpts are beautiful. I just wish I had opened them when I got them back then. Now they're just a bit too much NIB to Crack them open.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Even if the articulation is bad I still love their Akira/Trigun figures from 20 years ago. The sculpts are beautiful. I just wish I had opened them when I got them back then. Now they're just a bit too much NIB to Crack them open.

I never saw those, but I'm talking the stuff they did around the Andromeda release.

They had the license for that and those figures have like 5 points of articulation: head swivel, shoulder and elbow.

If they still have the license, the Legendary edition leading to some new Mass Effect stuff would be nice. The sculpting on the original line is actually pretty good for the time (except Miranda) but they're pretty limited articulation.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

There was this sort of transition period from when they were doing their 5” Halo stuff (which was cool) until they started doing DC stuff that it seemed like they just didn’t know what they were doing or just didn’t care. The glut of Walking Dead figures were unimpressive, and those pseudo-statues for Mass Effect/Gears of War/Titanfall were pretty egregious, but it feels like they’ve turned things around with their DC, Mortal Kombat, and Warhammer stuff, and especially Kickstarter Spawn.

Is their stuff perfect? Well no, but there are certain things they do really well and I appreciate some of their more recent stuff.

I will say that I wish the 40K Battle Sister figure had an un-helmeted head because I feel that’s more “iconic”, but oh well.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Their Halo line was great, especially coming off the heels of Joyride’s extremely uneven line. Joyride never got any of the proportions right after Halo 1, but McFarlane nailed pretty much everything right off the bat.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
At one point I had an absurd number of the McFarlane Halo figures. All of the variations and colors of the Spartans hit my collector impulses hard. I slowly got rid of all of them though. I do miss the one that matched my Halo 3 in game multiplayer Spartan.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 16, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiroc posted:

I one point I had an absurd number of the McFarlane Halo figures. All of the variations and colors of the Spartans hit my collector impulses hard. I slowly got rid of all of them though. I do miss the one that matched my Halo 3 in game multiplayer Spartan.

I didn’t have a ton of them, but I made my multiplayer Elite and I’ve still got him and I think I still have the Arbiter and Halo 3 Chief.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those new halo figures are decent. Not great but good enough for 20. The worst part are the guns and paint.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I haven’t been thrilled by the smaller ones (especially compared to McF’s offerings at the same scale) but I got the larger Kat figure and she’s pretty nice.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I have three of the bigger new ones. I'm in between moving apartments and haven't opened any of them yet but they look nice in the boxes.

The little ones have looked disappointing. I used to collect all of the Brutes but the new ones just look junky. Of course, the screenshots of Halo Infinite I saw also looked junky so it might be game accurate.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That whole line were great, I had the Ryoko and Armitage figures. Quite amusing to see them both going for almost retail on eBay next to Kanedas bike on its own card for $150...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I meant to post this yesterday but forgot... If anyone is curious about "Defenders of the Earth" in light of their getting cool toys, and does not remember the obscure cartoon, the dudes at Toy Galaxy made an excellent video explaining WTF it was all about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbcHfCr1ruM

Short version if you don't like videos: The same company that created a lot of pulp adventure heroes for comic strips in the 1930's (pre-Superman, even!), still holding the rights to these mostly-forgotten properties in the mid-80s, decided to try relaunching them as a modern superhero team in an effort to hop on the Saturday morning cartoon money train. It only lasted one season, largely due to an already-saturated cartoon market, but the show was neat and the toys were neat. Pretty easy to find the cartoons on YouTube. (Side note: This was several years after Flash Gordon had failed to launch as a film franchise, despite the movie being good fun.)

Also I forgot to note it yesterday but the new Neca figures' packaging is heavily inspired by the original 1986 toy line by Galoob, down to putting the Neca logo in a Galoob-inspired font, much as they have put Kenner-inspired logos on some other toys.
The whole series is available on Amazon Prime as well!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Hot Toys Ahsoka Tano from the Mandalorian up for preorder. Immediately smashed the buy button.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Blackchamber posted:

Hot Toys Ahsoka Tano from the Mandalorian up for preorder. Immediately smashed the buy button.

Welp looks like I am pre-ordering a second Ahsoka figure from Hot Toys. :shepspends:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackchamber posted:

The likeness is really rough. It looks more like Katie Sackhoff than Rosario Dawson.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The_Doctor posted:

The likeness is really rough. It looks more like Katie Sackhoff than Rosario Dawson.

I was thinking the same thing about the Katee likeness. The eyebrows also give me a super saiyan 3 vibe.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HT always look better in hand. Ive had very few that looked really bad. Some better than others but they're usually my favorite version of said character.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m still waiting for them to put General Kenobi up for pre-order. I may just do the Mythos version instead if summer passes and it’s still not up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s such a weird time right now. Covid hosed everything up. Pennywise was supposed to be out now but it got bumped up to October...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wondering if I should eat the cancellation fee on CW Ahsoka and go for this. I have Obi-Wan and Anakin already so I maybe this more realistic one would match better? 😣

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

Wondering if I should eat the cancellation fee on CW Ahsoka and go for this. I have Obi-Wan and Anakin already so I maybe this more realistic one would match better? 😣

Just do the obvious thing and get both!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

If it's Sideshow and you've never done it before, they give you one NRD refund as a courtesy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't have experience with it myself but from what I've heard, they let you swap deposits between stuff. Just gotta give em a call.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So the standard cobra commander might be the first peg warmer of the classified series (that I've seen). I've been to a few different targets this week and each one had at least 2.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

So the standard cobra commander might be the first peg warmer of the classified series (that I've seen). I've been to a few different targets this week and each one had at least 2.

That's because it was in the wave with Gung Ho and the Red Ninja last year (with three CCs, two Gung Hos, and one Red Ninja in the assortment), and now it is in the new wave with Flint and Lady Jaye (two of each). I think Cobra Commander is much more likely to be an impulse buy by a casual collector, but they've made him far too common, especially after being so prevalent in last year's wave.

I'm just glad I scored the light blue and gold CC, because I like it so much better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Made a dash to ikea (my wife wanted a detolf lol) so I stopped at every Walmart along the way looking for that loving flocked Panthor. No luck. Skipped the usual toy shop tour so I could get back home and sleep before work tonight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That's because it was in the wave with Gung Ho and the Red Ninja last year (with three CCs, two Gung Hos, and one Red Ninja in the assortment), and now it is in the new wave with Flint and Lady Jaye (two of each). I think Cobra Commander is much more likely to be an impulse buy by a casual collector, but they've made him far too common, especially after being so prevalent in last year's wave.

I'm just glad I scored the light blue and gold CC, because I like it so much better.

Counterpoint: there's no such thing as being too common.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only pegwarmers I’ve seen have been roadblock and Gung Ho. I’ve only found the others at speciality stores like comic stores.

I did pick up new roadblock finally. Fixed the ugly colors of the first release.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

The only pegwarmers I’ve seen have been roadblock and Gung Ho. I’ve only found the others at speciality stores like comic stores.

I did pick up new roadblock finally. Fixed the ugly colors of the first release.

I found the new Roadblock at a Walgreens last month, and I love it. This is the best possible modern update of my childhood Roadblock, so much better than the brighter version with all that gold. The only things that could have improved it would be a removable apron and chef's hat.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The micro He-Man toys are perfect size for your toys to have toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

The micro He-Man toys are perfect size for your toys to have toys.

Where did you find the tiny He-Man?