Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Alright, what are your meme auto-messages for when you mount a monster?

Mine says "Put your wystones on!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

“I’m using tilt controls!”

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo :vince: I'm stealing this one

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

That was always the best part of Mario Kart 8.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

In World, it was like, 'Woo-hoo... WOOOOHOOO", like the guy riding the nuke in Dr. Strangelove; but it doesn't really translate in text. :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That was always the best part of Mario Kart 8.

:hai:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've been using this since 4U and it's probably my favorite callout

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Not mine, but someone I hunted with had "Do a kickflip!" which I got a good laugh from.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
someone said earlier that rajang was faster in mhw but i disagree, look at these wind-up frames!!

https://i.imgur.com/cZQed3r.mp4

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Trying out Longsword but the only available switch skills are Soaring Kick and Silkbind Sakura Slash? I can only find that switch skills are unlocked as you rank up but I'm HR7.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Your Computer posted:

someone said earlier that rajang was faster in mhw but i disagree, look at these wind-up frames!!

https://i.imgur.com/cZQed3r.mp4

That's a lol

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Trying out Longsword but the only available switch skills are Soaring Kick and Silkbind Sakura Slash? I can only find that switch skills are unlocked as you rank up but I'm HR7.

I believe you also unlock some by crafting X number of that type of weapon (upgrades count toward this).

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Thanks, I think it's 8. I just crafted a few more and Utsushi got a yellow bubble. Third one I have to do the quest for but I got the Draw and ZL+X.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Oldstench posted:

Phone posting so I can't look it up, but it's whatever decent LR armor I was running with a couple of pieces maxed so ~200 defense.

theres no such thing as "decent" LR armor when youre in HR. Dumpster that garbage ASAP and build whatever HR set you can afford and be sure to upgrade it as well. This will give you a MASSIVE defense boost and will stop uragaan from one-shotting you

edit* if youre still having a hard time, building the defender armor and weapons will give you a huge leg up. Do note that the defender stuff was added after Iceborne was released and its purpose was to make HR much easier so newer players could blitz HR and get to master rank. Its kinda like cheating so if you want to get the most out of HR, keep that in mind

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 15, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FYI there's an award for unlocking all switch skills so you want to craft 8 of everything eventually

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Insect glaive continues to own bones. Kinsect canceling is wildly powerful, I can do SO much damage nonstop. Being able to use a blunt kinsect is also super handy.. now I can stun and sever all in one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Exactly

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

onesixtwo posted:

Insect glaive continues to own bones. Kinsect canceling is wildly powerful, I can do SO much damage nonstop. Being able to use a blunt kinsect is also super handy.. now I can stun and sever all in one.

Blunt was really strong in Iceborne with the seldom-discussed kinsect boost that let you rapid-fire pound your bug in a monster's face for a couple seconds for a knockdown

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lord help me, I’m going Bow again.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Bow is so stupidly good in rise

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

According to some youtube video I looked at the thumbnail for, bow is OP

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Stop tempting me to learn new weapons. I'm having a hard enough time learning the other 3 I made sets for!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Do the ticks from Wyrmstake scale with attack power or artillery? I assume the final blast is artillery.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09G7EdA4hb4

the bow damage calculations are busted because they end up doing more elemental damage than they should be doing and you can animation cancel out of rapid shots

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Centzon Totochtin posted:

the bow damage calculations are busted because they end up doing more elemental damage than they should be doing and you can animation cancel out of rapid shots

Hey its

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

According to some youtube video I looked at the thumbnail for, bow is OP

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
You should watch the video next time, it's pretty informative

Still waiting for you to name the thunder elemental exploit LBG you were talking about a few days ago because I've gone through them all and I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Alright, what are your meme auto-messages for when you mount a monster?

Mine says "Put your wystones on!"

Je suis monté!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

No, I’m pretty sure Bow has always worked that way. You don’t add the bonus from each level, you only get the one you’re at. So that Rapid 4 0.7 multiples shouldn’t be applying, and was never meant to.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m stealing this immediately.

I built a weakness exploit crit build for Swaxe and while the damage is higher, I can’t stop using my KO/exhaust build. Slowing the monsters down makes such a huge difference in fights when I can just rapid morph in their face all day long

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Also is there a goon discord for Rise? Ive been playing with a group since GU but but there’s been a lot of turnover so I’m looking for a fresh start and I’ve never games with goons before!

And a double post. Fantastic.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Still waiting for you to name the thunder elemental exploit LBG you were talking about a few days ago because I've gone through them all and I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist

Oh, it might not. I think I was thinking of the skill on the Narwa gun that boosts lightning damage

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reiche posted:

Also is there a goon discord for Rise? Ive been playing with a group since GU but but there’s been a lot of turnover so I’m looking for a fresh start and I’ve never games with goons before!

And a double post. Fantastic.

It’s in the OP

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Your Computer posted:

I've been using this since 4U and it's probably my favorite callout

I picked up 4U around the time Mad Max Fury Road came out, so mine was "Witness me!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is the best one though, drat

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I didn't know this was a mechanic.

Apparently, yellow sharpness is pretty dire. So much for the egg hammer.

Edit: Seriously, the egg wiggles independently when you charge that hammer up. Without the Pukei-Pukei feather duster, that was the next best thing. Looks like I'm switching to Nargacuga like everyone else.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 16, 2021

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I just say "Giddy up" if I mount one and "Yeehaw" if someone else does

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Didn't know of that yellow sharpness timing mechanic either. Luckily the Bludgeoner build I'm working towards can use the miles of green sharpness on the Rajang CB.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

v1ld posted:

Didn't know of that yellow sharpness timing mechanic either. Luckily the Bludgeoner build I'm working towards can use the miles of green sharpness on the Rajang CB.

I'm using a Condensed Spinning Slash set for the Narga CB and am also gonna make a Bludgeoner set for the Rajang CB. High-five!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Is there a good starter HR gunlance I should look for? I've never played it and I think I kinda want to rocket boost around and blow monsters up.

Rathian Gunlance is a solid pick for shotgun slams, Cornpopper is great for charged shelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s in the OP

Haha how did I miss that. Thanks!