Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

that's a lot of arizona arnold palmer

You really can't have too much Arizona Arnold Palmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's a shitton of fancy canned soft drinks (most of them low or no sugar) that only sell direct via websites. I looked into one once and now instagram floods me with their ads. I've been meaning to try some more. Sanzo, Teakoe, Olipop, New Wave Soda, Ugly Drinks, etc.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I love Jone's Berry Lemonade soda. I complain that my taste buds are broken and those helped kill them. Sour and carbonated, very offensive to your tongue, very good.

mutata posted:

There's a shitton of fancy canned soft drinks (most of them low or no sugar) that only sell direct via websites. I looked into one once and now instagram floods me with their ads. I've been meaning to try some more. Sanzo, Teakoe, Olipop, New Wave Soda, Ugly Drinks, etc.

lmao Sanzo is 35$ for a 12 pack, no thanks guys. Thats part of the appeal of the arnold palmers, I get two of the very large cans that have sugar in them for 2$ but I only drink one on the weekends and it takes me all day it's about the same amount of sugar as a single can of soda, then I get one of the gallon pitchers of sugar-free for 2$, so more than a weeks worth of tea plus lemonade for 4$.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Did we just have a whole page of arguing over whether the Arnold Palmer beverage is good? (it is btw)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They should sell the diet kind, I think I've stocked that befoer

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Harrow posted:

Did we just have a whole page of arguing over whether the Arnold Palmer beverage is good? (it is btw)

Ill be honest I got very worried for a second after seeing another person say Arnold Palmers are bad after my favorite podcast said that Arizona Iced Tea seems like the kind of drink Steven Paddock would enjoy

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Harrow posted:

IMO it still has too much sugar. I had one of the "Lite" cans today and it's still 150 calories for the 24 oz can, which is more sugar than I like

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

gently caress you

theyre fine I stopped drinking soda last month and I cant find any other drink that doesnt have sugar in it that is tolerable.

wa-

quote:

Do not suggest water

...... filtered water

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I drink a lot of tap water...

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Simone Magus posted:

IMO it still has too much sugar. I had one of the "Lite" cans today and it's still 150 calories for the 24 oz can, which is more sugar than I like

Try the diet ones, they're pretty similar tasting but they do have that distinct sugar replacement aftertaste. That's the kind I buy in the full pitchers

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Try the diet ones, they're pretty similar tasting but they do have that distinct sugar replacement aftertaste. That's the kind I buy in the full pitchers

Gas stations never have the zero sugar kind :(

I just drink water and coffee all day usually. I like water.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My drinks tier list:

Water
Ginger Beer
Lemonade
Orange/Apple Juice
Caffeinated Root Beer
Cola
Hot Tea
Iced Tea
Coffee

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what's everyone drinking right now

I'm having some old and entirely flat champagne from valentine's day that i completely forgot about

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Coffee is weird. Ill have it every once in a while and Im always like "eh this is fine" and then two weeks ago I went to Starbucks with my coworker and got a white chocolate latte and it was really really good and Ive been to two coffee places since and ordered drinks that sounded equally good but they werent and I dont know enough about coffee to identify why

Looper posted:

Still only 3/5 of the way done with my very large arnold palmer

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Diet dew mixed with bottom shelf vodka, drink of champions

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

My drinks tier list:

Water
Ginger Beer
Lemonade
Orange/Apple Juice
Caffeinated Root Beer
Cola
Hot Tea
Iced Tea
Coffee

We have pretty close to the same taste in drinks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Coffee is weird. Ill have it every once in a while and Im always like "eh this is fine" and then two weeks ago I went to Starbucks with my coworker and got a white chocolate latte and it was really really good and Ive been to two coffee places since and ordered drinks that sounded equally good but they werent and I dont know enough about coffee to identify why

Still only 3/5 of the way done with my very large arnold palmer

I usually have one cup of coffee a day. I make mine in a french press, and add soy milk to it. Sometimes whip cream, and then I put caramel syrup on it.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also, to talk about video game stuff I've noticed:

1. lmao Resident Evil Re:Verse has a Mostly Negative review on steam, which for a free game it must be SO bad

2. Days Gone coming to Steam next month?

3. If I start Persona 5 I will not touch any other video game until I finish it and I want to play other video games like MonHun, but at the same time...........

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Looper posted:

I'm having some old and entirely flat champagne from valentine's day that i completely forgot about

I'm just drinking water but I bought some clearance champagne I'm planning on opening tomorrow

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

We have pretty close to the same taste in drinks.

My favorite Ginger Beer is by the Great Jamaican Brewing Company. It's $10 a 6 pack at the Commissary and even more online otherwise it'd be at the top of the list.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
All I have to say is Mango Lemonade.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

kroger brand carbonated water. lemon lime flavor

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

kroger brand carbonated water. lemon lime flavor

This is the good carbonated water that is like not poison to my tongue.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i just drink dr pepper

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Obviously not the same thing but my favorite carbonated water is whiteclaw

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m not sure if it’s my pipes or just Texas but my tap water tastes like mud

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

i just drink dr pepper

It's an honor Okabe

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Right now I'm drinking bottled water.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
im' drinking water out of my sink wrapping my lips around the faucet and opening my throat glug glug glug

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ny friend used to do that and it was repulsive, you're not an animal use a glass or at least your hands

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i'm just kidding i drink faucet water out of a bottle

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i just have unflavored la croix so like. it could be any brand really. i understand that some brands are better than others but there's not really a difference when it comes to unflavored, as someone who also tried perrier, schweppes, and local brands

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Polar is everywhere around here so it's what I get 99% of the time and the 1% is usually Poland Springs seltz.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i'm just kidding i drink faucet water out of a bottle

You've risen to the level of human, please celebrate.

The 7th Guest posted:

i just have unflavored la croix so like. it could be any brand really. i understand that some brands are better than others but there's not really a difference when it comes to unflavored, as someone who also tried perrier, schweppes, and local brands

Naw man mineral water is all different Topo Chico, Perrier, and Pellegrino are all different in subtly ways

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Would definitely recommend using a filter if you're drinking any kind of tap water, it really does make a big difference.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm drinking water and extremely annoyed at my sinuses feeling scratchy :(

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i have been playing some rally racing games for the game boy advance. here are my thoughts on them from worst to best

first is gt advance 2: rally racing, developed by the japanese company "motorsports software technical office" and released in december 2001. gt advance 1 and 3 are really cool mode 7 racing games that kind of feel like 16-bit demakes of gran turismo. unfortunately the engine is not very well suited to the tight corners and undulating terrain of rally racing and the tracks suffer for it. it also has kind of a weird competition structure that's sort of a hybrid of rally and rally cross, where it's stage-based but you're actively competing for position with the other drivers. it's not a bad game but it's outdone both by the other two rally games here and the other two games in the gt advance series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXHBuSrI6Q0

second is top gear rally, developed by the australian company "tantalus interactive" and released in july 2003. this is a far more technically impressive game; the racetracks are modeled in full 3d and it looks more like a playstation game than a snes game. the cars are also modeled in 3d but seem to be rendered in-game as sprites with fixed rotation frames, which raises the question of why they didn't just use regular 2d sprites, which would have looked better. it's also the most sluggish-feeling game here, but on the other hand it also has way better collision physics than the other two, which is important because the campaign is all rally cross events

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI0GC-3sGyM

finally, the king of gba rally games is v-rally 3, developed by the french company "vd-dev" and released in july 2002. this one is the real deal and seems to be an attempt at mirroring the colin mcrae rally experience as closely as possible. it has separate rally and rally cross modes, and the rally events have persistent vehicle wear and damage that you have limited time between events to fix. like top gear rally, it also has full 3d environments, but they look even better, and the car sprites are also a huge step up from that game. it even has a cockpit view with the dashboard and steering wheel and driver's hands, and the windshield cracks if you hit something. really an incredible achievement given the hardware they had to work with. the vd-dev guys were real wizards when it came to gba 3d. they even did a port of driver 3 that recreated the open world in full 3d third-person perspective with traffic and combat and everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7e5uwcTmWg

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Looper posted:

a coffee in a very cute labrador mug

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/spikermonster/status/1382573965898608642

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In FF14 5.3 I would always make a pizza before our alliance raid. A new patch means new raid and new pizza (they just added it to the game although I used basil instead of peppermint lol)