Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

Emi Evans is a cool person and my friend. If you enjoy her work you should check out her non-video game stuff with her band Freesscape

Also I just did the last NieR raid and next time you see her tell her this is a year she's gonna wreck a whole bunch of new people emotionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In FF14 5.3 I would always make a pizza before our alliance raid. A new patch means new raid and new pizza (they just added it to the game although I used basil instead of peppermint lol)

beautiful

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Top Scrabbler AJ Rollins has been quoted as saying "a win with no slurs is no true win"

Really shaking up the scrabble meta and I'm here for it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In FF14 5.3 I would always make a pizza before our alliance raid. A new patch means new raid and new pizza (they just added it to the game although I used basil instead of peppermint lol)

Your posts always make me hungry, and sad I can't cook for poo poo. :v:

Looper posted:

what's everyone drinking right now

I'm having some old and entirely flat champagne from valentine's day that i completely forgot about

The only things I ever drink on a regular basis are milk, water and the ultimate drink that involves both: tea.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 16, 2021

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

I'm having some old and entirely flat champagne from valentine's day that i completely forgot about

its hte one day of the week i let myself have a soda and i ended up with a coca-cola even though pepsi is better

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Looper posted:

some cheap cabernet that a friend gave me for taking care of her praying mantises

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
pepperoni peppermint seems like it might actually own on a pizza??

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

drat it... should i try it, peppermint always seems readily available at my local store whereas basil comes and goes

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mint and Basil both grow very well in a pot, even with limited sunlight

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

one of the nearby convenience stores has a bunch of like. home brand soda that's the brand of the gas station. so if i ever drink soda its usually that bc either i or my boyfriend made a soda run. right now its just water tho

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Instead of any video games I've just been playing chess lately

contender for my goty tbh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now, Chess Battle Royale... there’s something there, I know it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

instead I spent all day playing culdcept on my 3ds. what a good game...

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

New Super Metis posted:

a coffee in a very cute labrador mug

👀

whenever i have carbonated water it always tastes weird to me and idk why!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Booky posted:

👀

whenever i have carbonated water it always tastes weird to me and idk why!!

it's the carbonation

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
could be the water

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

cheetah7071 posted:

could be the water

It's definitely the water

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also I just did the last NieR raid and next time you see her tell her this is a year she's gonna wreck a whole bunch of new people emotionally

Hell, I doubt I'll even get a chance to see her this year. We were already struggling to fit in a trip to Japan even before covid hit and now the backlog is even more severe. We've got to get out to New York to see my aunt who's not doing so great, we also need to get out to Madeira to see some of my fiancees family and also figure out how feasible it would be to plan our wedding out there. Both of our families are spread out over the globe so there's always somebody somewhere jumping up and down wondering why we're haven't visited in years lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my thoughts on world's end club after playing act 1

:spooky: spoilers ahead :spooky:

first, it's important to note that the game has only actually begun, as the opening premise is actually swerved upon, but i'll at least touch on what the opening is like. after witnessing a meteor crash into tokyo, 10 kids wake up in an undersea theme park and are pitted against each other.

it's a game by the creator of Zero Escape and the creator of Danganronpa, that begins with a death game as you would expect.... and then it isn't.

unlike the two aforementioned series, the game is presented as a sidescrolling platformer such as The Missing. there is still a lot of dialog, and it's a dialog driven game, but there is also some very light puzzling and running around. eventually characters gain an ability (such as being able to throw an object very hard, or becoming hard as stone), which will be needed to progress, but that is only a small part of the opening act.

most of the characters are quirky and likeable, with the exception of a painfully overused fat kid trope that talks about food and loves food and golly gosh does he love food guys!

the actual concept of the death game is kind of neat which is why it's a little bit of a shame that it is only essentially the prologue, but i also get why they wanted to do something unexpected and different. each character has a task on their death game wristband that belongs to someone else. whoever accomplishes their task wins the game and can escape, but the only way to know what your task is, is to find the person who has your task and get the info from them, either through allyship or by force. each task is conditional in such a way that one person being knocked out can cause multiple people to be knocked out. so it's kind of neat to see the dominos fall when certain events happen

but again, not the point of the game. the actual point of the game comes after everyone escapes to the surface, and learns that everything about the world has changed dramatically. not like danganronpa where humanity has gone chaotic feral or whatever; in fact, the town they are in is completely devoid of people... not even dead bodies. and it is overgrown with vegetation, and full of plant monsters, mutated dogs that look like they're made of living brush strokes, and giant floating Xs in the sky. the goal then becomes simple: get back to tokyo. on foot. from 1400km away.

the actual game will involve groups of kids that explore areas, presumably discover their latent abilities, and uncover a lot of the mysteries going on. to this point, the flowchart has been a straight line, but i assume that the groups will split up and explore different areas, and you will then finally be able to hop around the timeline. the opening 5 minutes says that the characters chose the wrong path, which implies that at some point, there may be some branching or Zero Escape-esque "take knowledge from one timeline and use it in another" gameplay. but at least for now that hasn't happened yet. there are also times where you set up camp and you can talk to everyone, and there are little skits that can play out... which is more of a JRPG thing (i immediately think of Grandia but of course there are other games with camping where you can talk to your party) but it's a little way to learn more about the characters.

the character designer is from Pokemon Sun & Moon and Katanagatari, which is why the game looks different than Zero Escape or Danganronpa. it's cuter, and it's more vibrant, even on the surface.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 16, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought that looked cool from the nintendo direct, good to know it seems good.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

homeless snail posted:

instead I spent all day playing culdcept on my 3ds. what a good game...

I've been saying this!!!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

xedo posted:

Did you see this right here

https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/1382035087462600704?s=20

Goddamn it sounds so good. Of course, project visionaries describing their vision unencumbered by actual programming/business realities always sound amazing, but I really wish we could have gotten this version.

Also I saw a comment from an internet rando and now its my personal canon that the map reuse on caves and houses is the unreliable narrator not giving a gently caress.

"If I were to make my lovely game now, I would make it good instead"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/1382035862481883136

this tweet is right thought that DA2 is good because it's bad

if they went in and fixed everything it'd probably end up just as bland as Inquisition and I'd much rather have interesting but barely functional than boring

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Acerbatus posted:

I thought that looked cool from the nintendo direct, good to know it seems good.
i'll let y'all know if it goes off the rails like ZTD did

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

God help me I'm going to seriously make an effort to learn Japanese

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bovis posted:

To quote every Japanese person, "why?"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

no

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You can tell youtube to not show certain vids in recommendations but you can't tell it to not show certain vids in searches :|

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

bovis posted:

がんばれ

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Barudak posted:

To quote every Japanese person, "why?"

My wife is Japanese so at least I sorta have a valid reason haha, but yeah I think she would agree with you a bit.

:haibrower:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
My SOARTHROTE evolved into SYNUSINFEKSHUN

:(

No fever or cough though, thankfully. Still, blah.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

Which monster did you have to absorb to get that one

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/twitch/status/1382861714387922944

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1382885817262112768?s=19

Not gonna lie, this made me laugh.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Reggie has always had great poster energy

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A powerful shitpost, gotta respect it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
what if this is a subtle hint that nintendo will surprise drop mother 3 on the eshop on tuesday for the 15th anniversary

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Willo567 posted:

what if this is a subtle hint that nintendo will surprise drop mother 3 on the eshop on tuesday for the 15th anniversary

I would be somewhat surprised if Reggie knew about that at all.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm sure there are myriad legal reasons why Nintendo can't actually do this but I wish they'd just pay the fan translators who released an excellent Mother 3 fan translation a decade ago to just use their already-complete translation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

PC is the ultimate gaming platform example 1:

https://twitter.com/bigquigley/status/1380782186744446977